Will there be a season 3?
Yes
83.7%
No
16.3%
2,553 votes
Mar 26, 2013 8:53 AM

Oct 2012
Well, someone has to ask: Who thinks there will be a 3rd season of Haganai? I received an episode 11 spoiler from a friend saying Sena confessed her love to Kodaka, and that gives me the feeling they'll wrap up next episode. but I still hold out hope they'll leave it open for continuation. If this show doesn't continue on The studio and creators will be hearing from me! I'll be up in arms! But anyway do you think it will have a season 3 or not and why?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2013 9:05 AM
Oct 2012
Lestat84 said:
Well, someone has to ask: Who thinks there will be a 3rd season of Haganai? I received an episode 11 spoiler from a friend saying Sena confessed her love to Kodaka, and that gives me the feeling they'll wrap up next episode. but I still hold out hope they'll leave it open for continuation. If this show doesn't continue on The studio and creators will be hearing from me! I'll be up in arms! But anyway do you think it will have a season 3 or not and why?

There will be a season 3, the question is when. The first two seasons have covered the first 8 Light Novels, which catching us up to what is published. At 4 novels a cour, and 2 novels published a year, it would be at least 2.5 years before a season 3 (2 years for the books, some time for production). That is a LONG time between seasons. They may go the ova route with side stories as a bridge, or they may do a reboot in the future.

Which makes me think we will get "a" conclusion next episode. Probably not a decision episode, but something where the status quo is confirmed. Sena will concede that now is not the right time for an answer, but she is "not giving up", Yozora will have to have something to empower her into competition (she will have to once again get the upper hand on Sena - this show needs checks and balances), and I think that the Student President will become a major part of this conclusion (as a foil for both Sena and Yozora and possible love interest for Kodaka (she is oddly the "perfect" blend of Sena and Yozora).
Mar 26, 2013 9:49 AM
Jul 2012
The story started with Kodaka having no friends.
The story ends with Kodaka having friends -> next episode.
Mar 26, 2013 9:51 AM

Dec 2012
mironicus said:
The story started with Kodaka having no friends.
The story ends with Kodaka having friends -> next episode.

What are you implying? like the first post said there is gonna be a third season the question is when.
Mar 26, 2013 10:04 AM
Jul 2012
This means there will be no third season (my vote).
Kodaka has friends - the story ends.
Mar 26, 2013 10:11 AM

Dec 2012
mironicus said:

That's the end of volume 8 the story continues on volume 9 and so on.
Mar 26, 2013 1:07 PM

Sep 2011
mironicus said:

Dude... There still room for more stuff
Like what happen to Yozora after Kodaka move, when will Sena stop being narcissistic, or will Yukimura achieve being a "true man" or whatever
Brigs77Mar 26, 2013 2:29 PM
Mar 26, 2013 2:27 PM

Oct 2012
to me, it would be a CRIME to end such a great show. I hope this is one of those shows that lasts for many seasons and really gets popular. normally, I'd wish for an English dub, but truthfully i think this show is just better in japanese than it would be in english. However if it were dubbed i would still watch it again. (I have watched the original 3 times XD)
Mar 26, 2013 4:02 PM

Sep 2011
Hmm... The next volume is postponed indefinitely
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Mar 26, 2013 5:03 PM

Feb 2013
Depends if the manga continues or if the ending is satisfactory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqnoRk_S83g - my top 5 romantic animes video :D
Mar 26, 2013 6:25 PM

Jan 2011
Brigandi said:

Dude... There still room for more stuff
Like what happen to Yozora after Kodaka move, when will Sena stop being narcissistic, or will Yukimura achieve being a "true man" or whatever

The point is that if the anime never gets a chance to get a 3rd season, at least it will end at a point where a somewhat decent conclusion is made. These people wanted friends, and they found them.
Mar 26, 2013 10:28 PM

Oct 2009
Looks like the original series want to wait for the anime to finish to that point, then they will release it altogether to maximize profit?
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Mar 27, 2013 2:39 AM

Oct 2012
I presume there will be another season. Or at the very least another string of OVAs.
Though, either it will be a while (so as to wait for a fair amount of volumes), or it'll become its own
plot entirely, which occurs far more in this industry than I'd like.

In any case, the anime is popular and I'm fairly certain the ending of this season won't end
with Kodaka accepting any heroines.

As for a prediction of the third season (should there be one), I seem to have the feeling Aoi
will be included much more. Perhaps she may even join the club as well.
Mar 27, 2013 9:05 AM

Oct 2012
Beryllus said:
I presume there will be another season. Or at the very least another string of OVAs.
Though, either it will be a while (so as to wait for a fair amount of volumes), or it'll become its own
plot entirely, which occurs far more in this industry than I'd like.

In any case, the anime is popular and I'm fairly certain the ending of this season won't end
with Kodaka accepting any heroines.

As for a prediction of the third season (should there be one), I seem to have the feeling Aoi
will be included much more. Perhaps she may even join the club as well.

I see that coming. That's a dead giveaway really. I want Kate's character to be developed a lot more. i like Rika the best, but I feel like if Kate were developed as wel as the other characters, I would like her best. Also, i really hope this becomes a long running series. i hope it can have at LEAST 5 seasons, but I hope for more around 10. I don't know how possible or likely that is, but it would be nice, cuz i absolutely LOVE this show
Mar 27, 2013 9:40 AM
Jul 2012
Everything is possible in your dreams. ^^

Maybe you should read some FanFiction about Haganai. These stories are also offering romantic situations.
http://www.fanfiction.net/anime/Boku-wa-Tomodachi-ga-Sukunai/
Mar 27, 2013 7:41 PM

Oct 2011
A lot of people thinks that the 9th volume will be the last volume judging by the flow of the story ,so maybe not a complete tv aired season but instead couple of ovas.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2013 8:11 PM

Oct 2010
Could u say some spoilers about whats going to happen in tomorrows episode? The last one for those who r watching the anime.
Mar 28, 2013 4:30 AM

Oct 2011
sorlaker said:
Could u say some spoilers about whats going to happen in tomorrows episode? The last one for those who r watching the anime.

Basically it's a cliffhanger

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2013 11:56 AM

Oct 2010

Mar 28, 2013 12:15 PM

Feb 2013
It looks like there will be another season to me because episode 12 didn't really feel like a finale
Mar 28, 2013 8:22 PM
Jul 2012
I woudn't count on season 3, maybe original ending OVA's
Mar 28, 2013 8:24 PM

Nov 2012
As crappy as animes make the ending themselves, usuall they aren't this much. Ep 12 doesn't really feel like a conclusion. So, most likely, HOPEFULLY, there will be season 3.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Mar 28, 2013 8:53 PM
Feb 2013
I smell a season 3, but not expecting soon though.
Mar 28, 2013 10:29 PM
Mar 2013
Yeah, totally agree with everyone else about not seeing season 3 for a few more years. This kind of reminds me of "shakugan no shana" and how long it took for them to finish the series because the nl was also ongoing when the anime started. But here's hoping we dont get fillers like season 2 of shana did. >:O
Mar 28, 2013 10:31 PM

Feb 2012
In like 2 year maybe?
Mar 28, 2013 11:53 PM
Dec 2011
Season 2 ended at where vol 8 ended, and so far it has only been the prologue!?
Just how much story is the author planning to write? If the first 8 volumes were the prologue then this series will be at least 20 volumes.

For this series 1-cour anime covers 4 LN volumes and the pace of the novel is currently at about 2 volumes per year. So if this series will go past 20 volumes then it won't end for at least 6 years and the next anime won't be out for at least 2 years. The author should really fastened the pace to at least 3 volumes per year like it used to be.
Mar 29, 2013 9:43 AM

Oct 2012
how many seasons do you guys think this show will have total? from what i understand, this is one of the most popular light novels around. I can imagine both the author and the publisher/studio would wanna make it as long as possible if that's really the case.
Mar 29, 2013 9:50 AM
Sep 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
Lestat84 said:

There will be a season 3, the question is when. The first two seasons have covered the first 8 Light Novels, which catching us up to what is published. At 4 novels a cour, and 2 novels published a year, it would be at least 2.5 years before a season 3 (2 years for the books, some time for production). That is a LONG time between seasons. They may go the ova route with side stories as a bridge, or they may do a reboot in the future.

Haganai Neighborhood
Seriously though I think a season 3 would be great, but if they wait too long it may end up like Shakugan no Shana where everyone lost interest within the 4 years between season 2 and 3, which caused season 3 to tank in sales.
Mar 29, 2013 9:52 AM

May 2012
with that open ended ending, there has to be !
Mar 29, 2013 11:28 AM

Oct 2012
i am not too knowledgeable about light novels, but i feel like the author should put out volumes a little faster. they can't expect us to wait 2-3 years for another season.
Mar 29, 2013 11:41 AM
Oct 2012
Lestat84 said:
i am not too knowledgeable about light novels, but i feel like the author should put out volumes a little faster. they can't expect us to wait 2-3 years for another season.

In general the release two LN a year. A cour (12 episode season) has covered 4. Someone said that issue 9 will be released in April, so figure April, Oct, April, Oct 2014, production and marketing could begin within a year, with an autumn 2014 release date (year and a half), with the 12th novel being released with the end in December.

That would be the earliest, unless there are some OVA's that covers side stories.

So 18 months.
Mar 29, 2013 11:59 AM

Feb 2013
I voted yes, mostly for I'm guessing/hoping for a season 3.

There was clearly a lack in a final end to the story. So I'm hoping it doesn't go way of School Rumble where it just ends :(
Mar 29, 2013 5:38 PM

Oct 2012
unmemorable_hero said:
I voted yes, mostly for I'm guessing/hoping for a season 3.

There was clearly a lack in a final end to the story. So I'm hoping it doesn't go way of School Rumble where it just ends :(
but that's how it feels. It really feels like things are in a purgatory of sorts. It leaves a cliffhanger on the yozora journey, but at the same time, Kodaka has friends. However with the novel series continuing its high popularity, it's highly possible it will go on. I guess we just have to hope :/
Mar 29, 2013 7:00 PM

Aug 2010
We need to see the ENDING! So heres to hoping.
Mar 29, 2013 10:28 PM
Oct 2011
I guess they're going to sell Blue-rays to see how the production goes, i hope they dont decide just to make a 3 episode ova that sums up Yozora's route and ends it... That would suck :<
Mar 30, 2013 12:11 AM

Aug 2010
HaremEater said:
I guess they're going to sell Blue-rays to see how the production goes, i hope they dont decide just to make a 3 episode ova that sums up Yozora's route and ends it... That would suck :<

What are you on about? That would be the BEST!
Mar 30, 2013 12:29 AM
Oct 2011
billng said:
HaremEater said:

What are you on about? That would be the BEST!

I'd rather have another 12 episodes!
Mar 30, 2013 12:36 AM

Jan 2013
Lestat84 said:

You assume that the author is only writing the LN so it can be adapted into Anime.
Mar 30, 2013 12:48 AM

Apr 2011
at the end of the episode it went to the End then it changed to next, so im gonna pretty much guarantee a 3rd season based off that + plot-holes in the finale that need to be filled.
Mar 30, 2013 10:58 AM

Jul 2008
chris5462 said:
at the end of the episode it went to the End then it changed to next, so im gonna pretty much guarantee a 3rd season based off that + plot-holes in the finale that need to be filled.

Yes, because hinting at a sequel obviously has always resulted and will always result in a series actually getting a sequel!

Mar 30, 2013 1:09 PM

Jan 2013
Whell last episode of season 2 dosen't fill like ending so i can see that autor is planing on another season but the question is whill the sales go god inaf for that to happan.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Apr 2, 2013 7:50 PM

Feb 2011
I hope but I doubt it. I think the anime is a ploy to get people to read the manga, which isn't a bad thing but I don't want another Elfen Lied or HOTD
Apr 4, 2013 7:52 PM

Jun 2012
well i would hope for a season 3 but i think will be hard it will depend on sales and after 2 seasons no real ending i don't know how people will react on it i mean the people who bought it.

but who knows there is always hope
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Apr 6, 2013 11:51 AM

Jun 2009
Bastien said:
It looks like there will be another season to me because episode 12 didn't really feel like a finale

it felt like a really big cliffhanger if anything else...

they've got to do a third season. im curious to know what this journey of yozora is... stupid cliffhangers on animes are sooo goood!!! rage mode induced!
Apr 6, 2013 1:46 PM

Dec 2011
There definitely seems like there could be space for a third season.
Yozora's mysterious journey.
Apr 6, 2013 6:23 PM

Feb 2008
IMO. There will be s3 for sure, minimum 1year of wait.
I dont think Kodaka wanted to accept Sena's confession. For me it looked more like he wanted to stay friends but then all of them got the mail from Yozora saying to not look for her. But all of them probably thought about the opposite, they will look for her in s3.
Thats just my guess
Apr 6, 2013 7:38 PM

Oct 2012
Duma said:
IMO. There will be s3 for sure, minimum 1year of wait.
I dont think Kodaka wanted to accept Sena's confession. For me it looked more like he wanted to stay friends but then all of them got the mail from Yozora saying to not look for her. But all of them probably thought about the opposite, they will look for her in s3.
Thats just my guess

Man I can't wait for S3 for sure it's about a year wait I agree. :(
That's also my guess that Kodaka will turn down Sena because he only wants friend not relationship lol *THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIIIIP!* "ahem"
May 8, 2013 5:02 AM

Jun 2010
Seems like haganai is going to be a long story..
maybe it won't end with just season 3.. I personally think like that

But now we just have to be patient and wait
May 8, 2013 9:29 AM

Apr 2013
There are no news about season 3 of haganai,and there is no volume 9 launched afaik.I think they plan to release volume 9 after the movie they announced,they want to get as much cash as they can.And yes,I think he was about to explain things,when you explain such emberassing things you cant blush and it looked like,with the tone he was talking ,he was about to explain some things to her not at all confessing because himself is confused who he likes.Even thou' all the season were hints that he likes the kind of girls like Yozora so he doesnt look after a girl with a great body,he,so far,looks like he likes girl with strong personality before appeal.
As far as I remember we waited 2 years for a 2nd season lets hope there will be only 2 years of pause or less.Also lets hpe there wont be a 3rd season just for playstation and xbox like the guys from Muv-Luv Alternative:Total Eclipse did with launching the 2nd season as a game.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 13, 2013 2:10 PM

Apr 2013
The series is apparently only 1/3 done according to the author.

it's also been said that the author was sick or something and so volume 9 was delayed.

90% sure there will be season 3 by 2014 or 2015 (hopefully the former)

also with a live-action film planned to be released sometime this year or next (?), there's much more to come for Haganai.

hoping the series ends with Kodaka x Sena though
Vita_AeternaMay 13, 2013 2:14 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

253 by Ske80 »»
Apr 17, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

675 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

457 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

268 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.