Forum Settings
Forums

Hidamari Sketch Gets New Anime of Sae & Hiro's Graduation [Confirmed]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 5, 2013 4:33 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
It was a response to the "everyone is allowed to have an opinion" argument. I just ignored the original comment initially. I've said this like a million times before, but nobody debates the right to have an opinion. Whether it's actually worth sharing, and why (especially if it's negative/apathetic), is where it'd be nice if people used a bit more judgment. If all someone has to say is "Not interested" why are they interested in replying? We're not conducting a compulsory vote here.
I absolutely agree with you. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion does not mean everyone should be posting his opinion no matter how vacant or bland it is. A one-line like "not interested" is little more than bad noise and we know noise usually annoys people around.

About this announcement, I would say it will be a new season for TV. It will be just like K-On 2nd season where build-up will take at least half the cour and it will end with emotion not unlike those in K-On club. This should be how it is done. We have 3 months from the time when the last season ends till the graduation ceremony. There should be plenty of room to fill in so 1-cour TV series should not be an issue.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 5, 2013 5:37 AM

Apr 2009
I just to see the Principal as Santa Claus.
No, actually I want to see all of the missing chapters getting animated.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 5, 2013 6:53 AM

Jan 2008
CONFIRMED: Don't have to wait that long until I have a reason to live again.

PLEASE be a full season.
Mar 5, 2013 12:43 PM

Oct 2009
Nidhoeggr said:

Which reminds me, one scene we need to see animated? Yuno getting Drunk, that was one of the best scenes, imo.
Mar 5, 2013 1:17 PM

Apr 2009
Zarich said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Which reminds me, one scene we need to see animated? Yuno getting Drunk, that was one of the best scenes, imo.

"Things like that make me sick."
One of the best Yuno moments in the entire series.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 5, 2013 2:20 PM

Sep 2011
jmal said:
symbv said:
About this announcement, I would say it will be a new season for TV. It will be just like K-On 2nd season where build-up will take at least half the cour and it will end with emotion not unlike those in K-On club. This should be how it is done. We have 3 months from the time when the last season ends till the graduation ceremony. There should be plenty of room to fill in so 1-cour TV series should not be an issue.

I so hope you're right. I have a spreadsheet I've been keeping since, jeeze, probably x365 tracking each of the "days" we cover and what happened. Hidamari chronology.

I don't think the timespan is the issue, but more how much source material is available. The last chapter in volume 6 covered the episode where Hiro was getting all emotional about her future career choice (an AWESOME episode if I do say so myself). There are 7 volumes out and I'm not sure when exactly they graduate but Season 4 looks to have dug fairly deeply into volume 7 as there is a fair amount of material I don't recognize. Still I really do hope that it will be a full season as more Hidamari is like medicine for the soul for me :))
Mar 5, 2013 10:54 PM
Dec 2012
Awesome :)

I've been granted more time to finish the other seasons :P
May 13, 2013 10:26 PM
May 2013
im guessing this would be a 5 or 6 episodes. well it could be lower than that; like 2 or 3 but, i think SHAFT will never betray our expectations.
i know little about the animation company but, I was able to watch the whole series of Hidamari up to this point, and i could say that SHAFT is a pure concept animation company. true it doesnt have a lot of CG's and you could even notice still pictures in a matter of seconds but, the idea is there and the message is relayed to the viewers clearly, accompany it with the outstanding background music of Hidamari Sketch
and before you know it you're inside the story already. there are also times they'll use animation exceeding 24 frames per second if needed.
SHAFT has been doing this since season 1 of Hidamari, so i doubt they'll do different for this one. i got a lot of high expectation and i think SHAFT will
meet those expectations.

I was able to check the preview but to be honest I didnt watch it all... I mean! after ten seconds of the preview and Im crying already!
Jun 2, 2013 11:25 AM

Jan 2012
If this is the departure of them from the series... I don't even... Manly tears will be shed ;_; I'm glad they got the OK for more Hidamari so soon though, I was expecting a long wait, eagerly anticipating more info on this now.
Jun 19, 2013 1:45 PM

Mar 2013
Hmm I guess I will wait for the official release date before I'm going to start with the first season.
Jul 1, 2013 12:36 AM

Mar 2009
This is AWESOME NEWS! :D When I heard about it, I thought.. "Oh wow... is it coming to an end?!" Well, for Hiro and Sae.. its time for them to graduate.. for Yuno and Miyako, its time for the both of them to become true "senpais." I hope we get two more series: First Hiro and Sae graduation; and second, Yuno and Miyako graduation... with maybe a timeskip OVA of Nori and Nazuna graduation. That would be a good close out for this series.
Aug 14, 2013 12:23 PM
Feb 2009
I was actually really intrigued with the episode that had Misato and Riri as seniors and Hiro and Sae as first-years. I think it would be kind of neat if future seasons were split with Misato/Riri/Hiro/Sae parts and Yuno/Miyako/Nori/Nazuna parts.
Oct 1, 2013 2:24 PM

Sep 2012
Here's to hoping they start doing something interesting with Nazuna and Nori, rather than their personalities fitting neatly into one-or-two-word-labelled boxes.

Character > caricature/archetype; in these cases, "moeblob" and "uses computers". (About as compelling nowadays as "watches TV" or "drives a car".)

YabaBaga said:
I was actually really intrigued with the episode that had Misato and Riri as seniors and Hiro and Sae as first-years.
I agree, we need more Misato.
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - 8 hours ago

0 by Aiimee »»
8 hours ago

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
9 hours ago

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
10 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

8 by DARM11 »»
Today, 6:53 AM

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
Today, 5:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.