Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 24, 2013 10:17 AM

Jul 2013
Best episode so far. I'm liking the new characters. Especially the strange girl.
Nov 24, 2013 6:43 PM

Nov 2012
that cat scene is really funny :3
btw misaka has a sister?
Dec 11, 2013 4:59 PM

Jan 2013
makarov52 said:
that cat scene is really funny :3
btw misaka has a sister?
Misaka has 2 sisters until now xD.

Oh I like Misaka, says ao_no_exo truthfully.
I liked all of the episodes so far including this one. It's a really great anime. Also I see this new guy Accelerator, a reason for why I started this anime was seeing a video on YT oh his crazy laugh. But ultimately it was because a friend is re-watching it :).
Mar 22, 2014 1:02 AM

Nov 2012
Accelerator looks like a rapist.
Jul 25, 2014 5:11 PM

Aug 2013
Oh wow, Misaka and MISAKA are hilarious. Too bad MISAKA keep getting (probably) killed. I guess that there is a multitude of MISAKA.

Misaka really seem to have a twisted personnality :P
The way she was talking to MISAKA was oddly affectionate and cold at the same time. Touma running away in the most suspiscious way was funny.

MISAKA way to talk is so great. Love those kind of character. ''Let's call him dog. A cat named ''Dog'', hehe'', woah, that's some great humor for a robot.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 26, 2014 3:34 AM

Aug 2009
minouneetzoe said:
Oh wow, Misaka and MISAKA are hilarious. Too bad MISAKA keep getting (probably) killed. I guess that there is a multitude of MISAKA.

Misaka really seem to have a twisted personnality :P
The way she was talking to MISAKA was oddly affectionate and cold at the same time. Touma running away in the most suspiscious way was funny.

MISAKA way to talk is so great. Love those kind of character. ''Let's call him dog. A cat named ''Dog'', hehe'', woah, that's some great humor for a robot.

She isnt a robot.
Aug 14, 2014 4:14 AM

Dec 2013
Misaka's clone FTW.
Aug 26, 2014 2:41 PM

May 2014
So many Onee's wtf. This can be a little confusing for the newcomer.
Sep 6, 2014 12:27 AM

Nov 2013
YES! THE BIG BADASS ACCELERATOR HAS FINALLY APPEARED!

Jan 24, 2015 4:34 AM

Nov 2011
Undoubtedly this is the best episode so far, and most likely will be the best arc too..
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Mar 25, 2015 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
Veronin said:
I'm liking Mikoto/Misaka or whatever her name was again.

I like her, too :3

Also, is it bad that I was more worried about the kitten at the end? XD
Aug 29, 2015 10:32 PM

Jul 2014
Oh yes, Accelerator, the reason I'm watching this incredibly average magic anime, finally makes an appearance after 9 boring episodes
Nov 7, 2015 7:16 AM

Sep 2012
Railgun story is off, bit wrong, cause when clone showed up Misaka was mad/angry & raised her voice, but in here she is calm & acts like its nothing, only her face showed things are not okay, writer has messed up railgun a bit & that was 1 example (there is also the part when Touma approaches clone that is trying to feed the cat, here he realized fast that its not Misaka, But in railgun he called her Bug Zapper before he realized its not misaka), i have seen more mistakes by new, i also resonantly re-watched railgun both seasons, & new i notices meany mistakes in the story, but i get why they did it, they wanted to give railgun more impact, to make railgun more emotional, but changing story even a little bit like this is bad call, if u have a story stick with it
Nov 7, 2015 7:56 AM

Sep 2012
my point is, crossover is bit badly made
Nov 24, 2015 4:49 AM

Mar 2014
Esper's Introduction .
Pretext of splitting images .
Watchful technology .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2015 3:22 PM
Feb 2015
10/10 for the giggle when she named the cat "Dog"
Dec 23, 2015 2:07 PM

Sep 2012
AyXiit said:
10/10 for the giggle when she named the cat "Dog"

that cracked me up, Misaka clones crack me up at times
Dec 27, 2015 6:33 AM

Mar 2015
Misaka everywhere.
Misaka everywhere.
Feb 20, 2016 2:20 PM

Mar 2015
Whoa... What's with all the Misaka

I really love both Misaka here. The emotionless robotic using panties Misaka and the quite tsundere using shorts Misaka.

Weill Aisa is right... Touma is clearly raising flags in dating sim.

Aug 23, 2016 10:15 PM

Dec 2013
Those sisters look way too much alike.

Dag being named cat was funnier than it should've been.

Dude at the end looks beastly!
Dec 3, 2016 9:07 AM

Jun 2013
Well, this one was alright, too. I liked the scene at the vending machine. Misaka is fun and

The shot of Mikoto's shorts was fine but I think the panty shots afterwards were just juvenile. Maika has a cute voice, but maid school? Give me a break. Kuroko kind of annoys me, too.

What really bothers me is the structure of this episode. Like, it was 15 minutes of Touma dicking around with the others and 5 minutes of something important happening. And this wasn't the first time.

The genre tags on MAL are "Action, Magic, Sci-Fi, Super Power". On AniList it's the same. So I kind of feel cheated. Sure, comic relief is nice, but when there are more slice of life and comedic moments in this show than action or anything important in any single episode, I don't like that, because it wasn't "part of the deal". Even if the slice of life scenes are supposed to promote character development, I can hardly appreciate it because those moments are interrupted by pandering such as panty shots and a small girl who attends a "maid school".
LeeTailorDec 3, 2016 9:21 AM
Mar 23, 2017 3:48 AM

Aug 2013
Mikoto is so cute... and also the other one that name the cat lmao.
Nov 12, 2017 10:38 AM

Apr 2013
MISAKA reminded me so much of Ononoki from Monogatari, finally a character in this show I like.
Mar 11, 2018 2:24 PM

Sep 2017
I'm glad they didn't totally drop Himigami, yet, and nice to finally get Misaka fully involved

Looking forward to the sisters arc
Apr 19, 2018 5:13 AM

Sep 2017
I liked the OP. First time noticing it, but Index's OP is good. The music from Index and Railgun are just something.

Also Touma's comedic misfortune.

After watching Railgun S episode 12 of sisters arc, I planned to watch Index episodes side by side with the Railgun S ones. It may not make a lot of sense if you watch index alone, but if you watch Railgun S along with Index, each scene has a deeper meaning.

SPOILER for those who haven't watched Railgun S

That accelerator smile though. So cool.
JeremiahOrangeApr 19, 2018 5:20 AM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 23, 2018 12:12 PM

Dec 2014
well why are there two of them...this I don't understand
Feb 8, 2019 8:52 PM

Aug 2017
ibraheem234 said:
well why are there two of them...this I don't understand

I'm watching Toaru in chronological order. Everything makes sense if u do that. Cronological order > Release order.

Now that you watched the first season of Railgun, this is the correct order: Railgun S 1-10 -> Index 10 -> Railgun S 11-16 -> Index 11-14 -> Railgun S 17-20 -> Index 15-17 -> Railgun S 21-24 -> Index 18 -> Index II 1 -> Index 19-24 -> Index II 2-7 -> Endymion -> Index II 08-24 > Index III.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 8, 2019 8:55 PM

Aug 2017
I think I understand why in this case Cronological order > Release order. Railgun S give to this arc a better context.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 3, 2020 11:00 AM

Aug 2018
I don't know, what kind of person "Accelerator" is, but why you smile at sight of wounded girl?.. Is it hilarious?.. Why?.. Is he sadistic or something?..
Well.. Misaka Mikoto is acting like tomboy and tsundere so far, I guess?.. Well, certainly imagined her differently.. Oh well, I guess she'll be alright character then, but not my favorite.. Well, I'm quite content with Index anyway, so I'm good.. ;P
Yep, Misaka's family is certainly.. interesting... Though, she doesn't share a last name with the girl who calls her "onee-san", it seems?.. So they're not sisters or something?.. Well, anyway, with robot like creation near, it's the lesser question for now, I guess.. But still one..
I guess I even a bit more like robotic Misaka.. But for now.. I mean, it's kinda cute she tells about her in third person.. ;p
Also her way of expressing dislike or disagreement in stoic voice and face - also more cute..
I guess both Misakas sometimes get red cheeks when they're interested in something.. Like cat..
Those cat faces at 15:08, lol.. ;p
Also usual Misaka is achieving girl, hm?..
Well, even though robotic Misaka likes cats, they feel her electro field or something.. Oh well, kinda sucks.. But I myself like pets, but also allergic to them, so kinda "eh" in the end, I guess.. You have to get used to it, that's it..
Well, yeah, I have a feeling that maybe I shouldn't get too fond of robotic Misaka, as it feels like maybe she'll die or something.. Which is too bad, though, cause I like her more than regular Misaka for now, I guess..
Jul 4, 2020 2:00 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
there are 2 of them? wtf o.o

Jul 7, 2020 2:04 PM
Oct 2019
Well this has gotten kind of bad. Boring.

Losing interest
Jan 19, 2021 7:10 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Misaka is way more tsundere here than in her railgun series, probably because we only see her in index when she's interacting with touma, LOL

Getting excited because here we are at the sisters arc again! Although you can already tell that it's story-telling is going to be far inferior from the generous 16 or so episodes it was given in railgun S. I guess it's a nice, preview? A preview to a proper treatment of the arc which would air 5 years later that is. I guess they'll make do with what they were given, 4 episodes; is it? But if I were coming into this for the first time I'd probably not be as impressed by what is now probably the best part of the raildex universe. I'd probably be thinking wtf is going on and who's this accelerator dude he seems cool XD

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 9, 2021 12:07 AM

Mar 2016
Time to see Index's view of the Sisters Arc. Great episode to open it up though. More Mikoto screen time antics before the first Sister is shown. This is clearly set at a time though where she is already aware of what is happening with the Sisters. Looking forward to seeing what sort of input Touma's Magic friends will have during the arc.
Apr 28, 2022 5:27 AM
Oct 2019
Misaka clone? what the hell is going on...

Hey finally "Nobuhiko Okamoto" Accelerator is here!!
Oct 13, 2022 12:05 AM

Dec 2020
What is she a clone? Robot? But I'm starting to get the gist of this show. Each arc he is saving some weirdo and then collecting them. But this one prob lives in a house already so that's the plot twist lmao
Nov 4, 2023 3:30 PM
May 2020
Younger Mikasa is such a vibe ngl haha
Nov 20, 2023 2:55 PM

Nov 2023
Lmao, I forgot how Touma's good luck disappears and splits into atoms whenever he touches it with his right hand!
Nov 23, 2023 7:24 AM

Jun 2020
This arc looks like can be more interesting the the 1st one
Nov 26, 2023 8:32 AM

Dec 2017
Guns sure are crazy in a sci-fi world.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Yesterday, 5:13 PM
Jan 2023
Misaka seems like a rather interesting character, and her robotic seeming sister too. Liking the first proper introduction for sure.

White hair guy seems interesting too, wonder what's up with him, given the final scene, I would assume he's also level 5 like Misaka is.

AND MORE CATS!! This is exactly what I want to see. We need more cats, and it seems Touma now has two of them to put up with...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 29, 2008

206 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 4:22 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 22, 2008

115 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 3:47 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 15, 2008

146 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 3:29 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Nov 8, 2008

200 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 25, 4:40 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2008

151 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 25, 3:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.