Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2013 3:39 AM
Dec 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It had a good plot line, but the dialogue was strained and unbelievable which did little to interest me in terms of the story. It also tend to get overly sentimental and that destroyed it for me.

7/10
Jan 24, 2017 7:41 PM

Oct 2014
It was certainly very dramatic and bombastic in its dialogue and visuals, but honestly the story sucked me in so much that I didn't notice or care. And all the sentimentality seemed really appropriate given the timeframe that RoV took place over (like a little over twenty years?). If these were high schoolers saying this stuff, I would be pretty dismissive and stop reading, but these were adults harboring strong emotions over decades of time.
Mar 10, 2019 2:16 PM

May 2010
I expected something great from another series by "Onii-sama e..." author and I was not disappointed! Not surprised at all, Ikeda is fantastic writer and artist. The biggest shock for me was that entire series, all 10 volumes, were completed within year and a half... that's mad! And the quality of Ikeda's work is so high... I'm just blown away, honestly.

Gotta say, did not expect both Oscar and Andre dying just like that, especially since we didn't even get to see other characters' reactions to that... I'm just glad that by the end they were connected as lovers. Halfway through I thought it'd end up with Andre's feelings being unfulfilled. Glad I turned out to be wrong, at least about that.

Another big surprise for me was that the main story ended with the 9th volume, and the last one was just a side-story. Not that I minded it at all, because this short episode on its own it was thrilling to read, it's just a shame that it wasn't included within main story, after Rosalie starts living with Oscar or something. It's such a great addition, but reading it when you know main characters will be dead soon made it a bit uncomfortable, I gues...

What else can I say - it's a classic series, which changed shoujo manga forever, definitely worth checking out at least once. Now I've gotta watch the anime adaptation! 8.5/10
Jul 20, 2023 1:02 AM
Oct 2020
What a depressing note to end on. I suppose there wasn’t any room for a happy ending given this is based on historical events.

This was a masterpiece. I can definitely see why this is so important to shojo manga. I hope more people read it. It’s really something else.

More topics from this board

» How Many Chapters does it have

Ethrex - Jul 31, 2023

3 by Ethrex »»
Aug 5, 2023 10:33 PM

» Anyone know where I can buy physical volumes in English?!?

izzy4273 - Feb 3, 2022

2 by vivedreams »»
Apr 10, 2023 8:43 PM

» NEW ANIME PROJECT (leak)

GiIiLDartZ - Jul 7, 2022

2 by tsubasalover »»
Sep 6, 2022 3:00 PM

» LEAK: New anime project to celebrate the manga’s 50th anniversary

AbelDande - Jul 7, 2022

0 by AbelDande »»
Jul 7, 2022 7:10 AM

Poll: » Versailles no Bara Chapter 37 Discussion

buunny - Oct 4, 2017

0 by buunny »»
Oct 4, 2017 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.