Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 8, 2012 3:01 PM

Jul 2009
Niyawa said:

You clearly said:

If a guy do that, the girls refuses, that's okay.
If a girl do that, the guy refuses, he's a idiot.

See where I'm going? I understand your point of being awful and clearly disappointment to Asuna as a girl. But while it might seems something normal in society, guys also feel this awful feeling of disappointment. So it is unfair for him to be the only one that "idiot applies" just because he's the guy.

You do know that it is common courtesy for a guy to open the door for the girl, and not for the girl to open the door for the guy? It's not about fair or unfair, it's how we are. And it's completely normal. Men and women were never and will never be identically equal (regardless of what feminists say), both are equal through their unique abilities and privileges. We should be more considerate about society and etiquette these days. People seem to be growing more clueless by the day.
TsundereppoiSep 8, 2012 3:09 PM
Sep 8, 2012 3:02 PM

Aug 2012
im back, surely the dirty jokes have stopped now. <_<

i don't know why people are complaining about why kirito never had sex with her, it was clearly a misunderstanding and it would be wrong of him to just take advantage of it, Asuna was a bit reluctant but she was willing to if kirito really meant it but he didn't.

Also its clear that kirito doesn't want Asuna to dirty her hands with murder, so he did the awful deed himself and just wanted to be comforted after his life and death situation. You could also infer that he wanted to protect Asuna's "innocence", that he didn't want her to be dirtied with murder and have regrets when she clearly hesitated about taking a life, so you could say he was again protecting her "innocence" by not taking advantage of the misunderstanding and making her do something she was reluctant to do.

Kirito and Asuna's love is more of a innocent love than a lustful love for each other's bodies, i don't see why everyone suddenly wants them to have sex when their just not ready for it and are saying that kirito isn't in love with her when he cares deeply about her and is willing to give his life for her and when asuna is willing to do anything for him even if she is shy about it.

ok end of rant, this is mainly me reading between the lines <_<
Sep 8, 2012 3:03 PM

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:

Abolishing a girl's expectations, especially regarding such sensitive matters as love-making, and in addition, putting her into an utterly awkward situation is something a gentleman would do? It doesn't matter whether she misunderstood him or not. You just don't, unless you're a complete idiot.

I guess putting the guy in an akward situation instead is totally ladylike...

Why is it that girls and boys have to be judged by different standards all the time? You know, there are a couple things that have to be done in between "I wanna stay with you tonight" and "Come **** me already"...
If that scene was done the other way round, people would be calling Kirito things somewhere between "pervert" and "rapist", but because it's the girl it's somehow his obligation to get his pants down asap.

And to think feminism still exists... Oh, humanity never ceases to disappoint me =___________________=
Sep 8, 2012 3:04 PM

Jul 2012
That lucky Kirito... gets to do it even inside an online game. damn im jealous lol.

Jan 2008
More like.. if you guys want to see them have sex so bad, just go one of the many doujinshi or something.

Jul 2009
AsadaShino said:

i don't know why people are complaining about why kirito never had sex with her

Please explain my picture and my post about nitpicking.

Pan151 said:
sbg711 said:

Abolishing a girl's expectations, especially regarding such sensitive matters as love-making, and in addition, putting her into an utterly awkward situation is something a gentleman would do? It doesn't matter whether she misunderstood him or not. You just don't, unless you're a complete idiot.

Why is it that girls and boys have to be judged by different standards all the time? You know, there are a couple things that have to be done in between "I wanna stay with you tonight" and "Come **** me already"...
If that scene was done the other way round, people would be calling Kirito things somewhere between "pervert" and "rapist", but because it's the girl it's somehow his obligation to get his pants down asap.

And to think feminism still exists... Oh, humanity never ceases to disappoint me =___________________=

Oh boy. Like I said, clueless people everywhere.
Sep 8, 2012 3:06 PM

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:

You do know that it is common courtesy for a guy to open the door for the girl, and not for the girl to open the door for the guy? It's not about fair or unfair, it's how we are. And it's completely normal. Men and women were never and will never be identically equal (regardless of what feminists say), both are equal through their unique abilities and privileges. We should be more considerate about society and etiquette these days. People seem to be growing more clueless by the day.

A guy opening a door to a girl is something.
A guy having the obligation to make sex with her is something else.

Like I said, I don't completely disagree with you. But using that logic is simply that Asuna is being beneficent alone by the rules.
Sep 8, 2012 3:07 PM
Apr 2009
sbg711 said:

You do know that it is common courtesy for a guy to open the door for the girl, and not for the girl to open the door for the guy? It's not about fair or unfair, it's how we are. And it's completely normal. Men and women were never and will never be identically equal (regardless of what feminists say), both are equal through their unique abilities and privileges. We should be more considerate about society and etiquette these days. People seem to be grow more clueless by the day.

I don't believe it. Sane person in internet.

AsadaShino said:
im back, surely the dirty jokes have stopped now. <_<

i don't know why people are complaining about why kirito never had sex with her, it was clearly a misunderstanding and it would be wrong of him to just take advantage of it, Asuna was a bit reluctant but she was willing to if kirito really meant it but he didn't.

Also its clear that kirito doesn't want Asuna to dirty her hands with murder, so he did the awful deed himself and just wanted to be comforted after his life and death situation. You could also infer that he wanted to protect Asuna's "innocence", that he didn't want her to be dirtied with murder and have regrets when she clearly hesitated about taking a life, so you could say he was again protecting her "innocence" by not taking advantage of the misunderstanding and making her do something she was reluctant to do.

Kirito and Asuna's love is more of a innocent love than a lustful love for each other's bodies, i don't see why everyone suddenly wants them to have sex when their just not ready for it and are saying that kirito isn't in love with her when he cares deeply about her and is willing to give his life for her and when asuna is willing to do anything for him even if she is shy about it.

ok end of rant, this is mainly me reading between the lines <_<

It's perfectly normal for them to have sex. Or not having sex. It's normal either way. And all this talk about "innocent love" or "lustful love". It's normal to want to have sex with the person you love in romantical way. This is the nature of humans and it's stupid to deny it.
Sep 8, 2012 3:07 PM

May 2011
Asuna's fanservice is SOOO STUNNING!!!
Sep 8, 2012 3:08 PM

Jan 2011
Pan151 said:

This
Sep 8, 2012 3:08 PM

Jul 2009
Niyawa said:
sbg711 said:

Like I said, I don't completely disagree with you. But using that logic is simply that Asuna is being beneficent alone by the rules.

I rest my case. You people are hopeless.
Sep 8, 2012 3:10 PM

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:
Niyawa said:
sbg711 said:

Someone here is hopeless alright....Huge difference between being a gentleman, and being a doormat. You're suggesting the latter.
Sep 8, 2012 3:10 PM

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:

Why don't do that, I want to know your viewpoint in this case.
Sep 8, 2012 3:11 PM

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:
Niyawa said:

You clearly said:

If a guy do that, the girls refuses, that's okay.
If a girl do that, the guy refuses, he's a idiot.

See where I'm going? I understand your point of being awful and clearly disappointment to Asuna as a girl. But while it might seems something normal in society, guys also feel this awful feeling of disappointment. So it is unfair for him to be the only one that "idiot applies" just because he's the guy.

You do know that it is common courtesy for a guy to open the door for the girl, and not for the girl to open the door for the guy? It's not about fair or unfair, it's how we are. And it's completely normal. Men and women were never and will never be identically equal (regardless of what feminists say), both are equal through their unique abilities and privileges. We should be more considerate about society and etiquette these days. People seem to be grow more clueless by the day.

Correction: it's the way we WERE.

Society was once like this: The men went to work, the women stayed at home. The men had the power, and the women enjoyed a certain number of privileges that balanced it.

Now, after all the feminist movement nonsence, men and women have equal power in society. But women still cling to those privileges that they used to have.

Women these days are trying to have their cake and eat it...
Sep 8, 2012 3:12 PM

Jul 2012
Pan151 said:
sbg711 said:

We can talk about equality of gender roles and the deconstruction of the double standards all we want (which I agree with, btw), but if a genuinely good person with a smoking hot body (an ideal companion, in short) offers to procreate, you don't say no, you idiot! how can you leave a girl like that hanging?
Sep 8, 2012 3:12 PM

Jun 2012
sbg711 said:

Oddly enough we aren't stuck in the 1800s
weird, I know, I was shocked when I learned this too
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Sep 8, 2012 3:13 PM

Jul 2009
Niyawa said:
sbg711 said:

Why don't do that, I want to know your viewpoint in this case.

I already explained my viewpoint in my initial post, and have only been elaborating and rephrasing it all over the course of all my following posts. There simply are things in this world which you do and don't do, most of them should not require an explanation. Explaining the obvious already makes the conversation a tad awkward.
Sep 8, 2012 3:13 PM

Aug 2012
sbg711 said:
AsadaShino said:

i don't know why people are complaining about why kirito never had sex with her

Please explain my picture and my post about nitpicking.

o_O why would you want me to do a thing like that? but if you want to hear my opinion on it....

not all girls wear their underwear to sleep and kirito was fully clothed that time, also 16.5 is only a doujin, so that fanservice chapter isn't canon, there is also content n vol.9 that throws a brick at 16.5 like i said before

i don't know what you mean about a post about nitpicking........
Sep 8, 2012 3:14 PM

Jan 2011
plushkin said:

We can talk about equality of gender roles and the deconstruction of the double standards all we want (which I agree with, btw), but if a genuinely good person with a smoking hot body (an ideal companion, in short) offers to procreate, you don't say no, you idiot! how can you leave a girl like that hanging?

Easy, fear of Aids if she has it lol.
Sep 8, 2012 3:15 PM

Feb 2012
WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?

KIRITO DID NOTHING WRONG!

ASUNA WAS BEING A BITCH!

END OF DISCUSSION!
Sep 8, 2012 3:15 PM

Jul 2012
Tenchi_Ryu said:
plushkin said:

Easy, fear of Aids if she has it lol.

That made me LOL. Bravo, sir
Sep 8, 2012 3:16 PM

Aug 2012
sbg711 said:
Niyawa said:
sbg711 said:

oh geez, seriously? just because Niwaya disagreed and came up with a logical argument you insulted him and pretty much everyone else
-___-

why are the arguments in these threads so heated? i thought with kamikaze dead, it would be more peaceful...
Sep 8, 2012 3:17 PM

Jun 2010
Hahaha. That simple discussion really grew this much? LOL.
Sep 8, 2012 3:17 PM

Mar 2012
only three questions:
did Kirito become a red player,
how did Kirito's hand got back and
have they done it?
Sep 8, 2012 3:19 PM

Feb 2012
xxanimeee said:
only two questions:
how did /Kirito's hand got back and
have they done it?

It's just a debuff. It regenerates after a while.
Yes, they most likely had sex.
Apr 2009
xxanimeee said:
only three questions:
did Kirito become a red player,
how did Kirito's hand got back and
have they done it?

1. He used heal potion/heal crystal/waited for debuff to worn off
2. It was heavy implied that they did

Dec 2010
FUCK, KIRITO YOU DUMBASS!!! YOU JUST BLEW YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING LAID!

I think.

Great episode, definitely the best so far for me. I wasn't a fan of the show before this episode. It addressed some problems I had with the show, and NOW I WANT MOAR!

Jan 2008
xxanimeee said:
only two questions:
how did /Kirito's hand got back and
have they done it?

Bandages, they solve every injury in any anime.
Person A: "Someones badly injured and gonna die soon if not helped!
Person B: "Don't worry, I have some bandages!"
Injured Guy: "The pain... IT'S GONE!"
All 3: "Yay!~"
Sep 8, 2012 3:20 PM

Jul 2009
Pan151 said:

Regicide said:

You would also be shocked to hear that:
1. sociologists today are no longer sure whether society even exists in the 21st century. For the past half century the world has been undergoing a process of intense individualisation, undermining the very existence of a society.
2. sociologists and philosophers these days no longer assume that humanity is bound to constant progress and evolution. Humanity is bound to committing mistakes and falling into states of crisis, and the gradual weakening/destruction of a society is one of those crises

Therefore the norms of behaviour I've mentioned earlier are by no means relics. They are norms and always will be.
Sep 8, 2012 3:21 PM

Feb 2012
-MgZ_ said:
Hahaha. That simple discussion really grew this much? LOL.

It's a mystery how every single thread ends up with so much irrelevant shit.

AsadaShino said:
i thought with kamikaze dead, it would be more peaceful...
Sep 8, 2012 3:21 PM

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:

I already explained my viewpoint in my initial post, and have only been elaborating and rephrasing it all over the course of all my following posts. There simply are things in this world which you do and don't do, most of them should not require an explanation. Explaining the obvious already makes the conversation a tad awkward.

You tried to explain your viewpoint? The only thing most people in this thread have read is you trying to prove that Kirito is a idiot because he didn't want to have sex with Asuna immediately thus that makes him a idiot. Which from your somewhat point of view that for most of us seems more like a rule of society, if a guy don't make sex with a girl because she will be too frustrated to accept the fact of her misunderstanding. He is a idiot and not a gentlemen. Right?

Well, for most males, refusing to sleep with a beauty like her is a sign of retardness because they usually think with they lower heads, but it's not what we're doing here, and you can understand that I get your point but not your mindset. Thus we conclude this argument. Thanks for being kind enough for not resorting to shitposting and insults, I clearly respect your opinion in this case.
Sep 8, 2012 3:22 PM
Jan 2012
How Nice Episode :'(
Sep 8, 2012 3:23 PM

Jul 2009
Niyawa said:
sbg711 said:

You tried to explain your viewpoint? The only thing most people in this thread have read is you trying to prove that Kirito is a idiot because he didn't want to have sex with Asuna immediately thus that makes him a idiot. Which from your somewhat point of view that for most of us seems more like a rule of society, if a guy don't make sex with a girl because she will be too frustrated to accept the fact of her misunderstanding. He is a idiot and not a gentlemen. Right?

Well, for most males, refusing to sleep with a beauty like her is a sign of retardness because they usually think with they lower heads, but it's not what we're doing here, and you can understand that I get your point but not your mindset. Thus we conclude this argument. Thanks for being kind enough for not resorting to shitposting and insults, I clearly respect your opinion in this case.

Facepalm. Utter facepalm.
Sep 8, 2012 3:23 PM

Jan 2011
plushkin said:
Pan151 said:
sbg711 said:

Well, I personally wouldn't say no, but I would be every bit as shocked as Kirito was...
And while we're at the stupidity discussion, punching the person you just offered to have sex with with all your power does not strike me as a very clever thing to do either... (except if he's into S&M, in which case by all means keep going)
Sep 8, 2012 3:24 PM

Aug 2012
Scoops said:
WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?

ASUNA WAS BEING A BITCH!

END OF DISCUSSION!

HOW DID IT GET TO ASUNA BEING A *****!?

i don't see how Asuna was in the wrong, she clearly felt bad for having kirito protect her and seeing as how she loves him, ofcourse she was willing to comply to kirito's request of "wanting to be with her" and resolved herself, but again it was a misunderstanding and they made up afterwords and got married, i don't see how any of them were being stupid or annoying

EDIT: NOW HOW DID IT GET TO A TOPIC ABOUT SOCIOLOGY?
seriously, these threads are so heated >_<
Sep 8, 2012 3:24 PM

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:

Don't do that, it's not worth it.
Sep 8, 2012 3:25 PM

Jan 2008
Glorious episode indeed. I'm so glad this anime isn't one of these 1 season ones :)
Sep 8, 2012 3:27 PM

Jul 2012
-MgZ_ said:
DivisionG said:
Yumekichi11 said:
AzylSagara said:
sbg711 said:

We don't know for sure if they married or not, but there is a Very Very high percentage of it happening, We just need to wait for 6 more volumes to come out.
They did marry in SAO.

I'm talking about Real Life, Not SAO.
Sep 8, 2012 3:27 PM

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:

So because he basically states he feels men have the right to not automatically come to the conclusion sex is the answer to all, he gets a facepalm? Gotcha
Sep 8, 2012 3:28 PM

Jan 2011
AsadaShino said:

EDIT: NOW HOW DID IT GET TO A TOPIC ABOUT SOCIOLOGY?
seriously, these threads are so heated >_<

Dunno, but it's not that bad right? It's still about a SAO situation, also what happened to kamikaze? You said he was dead or something.
Sep 8, 2012 3:29 PM

Feb 2012
AsadaShino said:
Scoops said:
WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?

ASUNA WAS BEING A BITCH!

END OF DISCUSSION!

HOW DID IT GET TO ASUNA BEING A *****!?

i don't see how Asuna was in the wrong, she clearly felt bad for having kirito protect her and seeing as how she loves him, ofcourse she was willing to comply to kirito's request of "wanting to be with her" and resolved herself, but again it was a misunderstanding and they made up afterwords and got married, i don't see how any of them were being stupid or annoying

Ahh, don't take me to seriously there.

I just don't think Kirito did anything wrong at all, being honest and explaining that this wasn't what he had in mind.
It was just Asunas misunderstanding.
And then for Asuna to suddenly push Kirito in DA FACE!

Aug 2012
sooo back on topic:

am i the only one who didn't feel a thing after godfreys death? but suddenly felt emotional at kirito almost dying?

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:
Pan151 said:

Regicide said:

You would also be shocked to hear that:
1. sociologists today are no longer sure whether society even exists in the 21st century. For the past half century the world has been undergoing a process of intense individualisation, undermining the very existence of a society.
2. sociologists and philosophers these days no longer assume that humanity is bound to constant progress and evolution. Humanity is bound to committing mistakes and falling into states of crisis, and the gradual weakening/destruction of a society is one of those crises

Therefore the norms of behaviour I've mentioned earlier are by no means relics. They are norms and always will be.

Exactly. They are norms that REPEAT THEMSELVES. Thus, they are not always relevant.
At this time and age, they are not very relevant. Thay might become again in the near futute, but for the time being chivalry is a value that's irrelevant and pointless.
Sep 8, 2012 3:30 PM

Jul 2012
Niyawa said:
sbg711 said:

Hey, men can think with both heads. I contend that Kirito was thinking with neither in that situation. He didn't consider her feelings and the courage for a girl to strip for the first time in front of a guy, nor did he consider the consequences of turning her down (ie. she might get REALLLY pissed)

I do agree with you that it isn't fair. On the other hand, current societal gender roles aren't fair, so we need to learn to adapt. Trust me, after like a dozen of these pointless fights with your girlfriend/boyfriend, you learn to pick some of these things up.
Sep 8, 2012 3:31 PM

Jul 2012
Pan151 said:
plushkin said:
Pan151 said:
sbg711 said:

Well, I personally wouldn't say no, but I would be every bit as shocked as Kirito was...
And while we're at the stupidity discussion, punching the person you just offered to have sex with with all your power does not strike me as a very clever thing to do either... (except if he's into S&M, in which case by all means keep going)

agreed, but it didn't strike me as not very clever, more of a tsundere "Kirito, you baka!!!" kind of thing to do, and it kind of bores me =P
Sep 8, 2012 3:32 PM
Oct 2010
epicscreator said:
FUCK, KIRITO YOU DUMBASS!!! YOU JUST BLEW YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING LAID!

I think.

Great episode, definitely the best so far for me. I wasn't a fan of the show before this episode. It addressed some problems I had with the show, and NOW I WANT MOAR!
I thought they did it, but even if they didn't he did propose to her. I say he still has plenty of chances.
Tenchi_Ryu said:
sbg711 said:
So because he basically states he feels men have the right to not automatically come to the conclusion sex is the answer to all, he gets a facepalm? Gotcha
Some people can't accept different opinions. Just let it be.
AsadaShino said:
sooo back on topic:

am i the only one who didn't feel a thing after godfreys death? but suddenly felt emotional at kirito almost dying?
Well, Godfrey was introduced barely a couple minutes before his death. The weird thing would be to feel too sad about him.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller

Feb 2011
I loved everything about this episode , it's incredible . Somehow the marriage proposal at the end was predictable . Asuna was prepared for sex lol , liked the fanservice anyway . Yeah it was pre pwn . <3

Feb 2012
AsadaShino said:
sooo back on topic:

No, I did't feel anything for the character that had a total of 1 minute of screen time compared to Kirito who i spent 9 hours each day for 2-3 weeks reading about. :3
Sep 8, 2012 3:33 PM

Jul 2012
Scoops said:
WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?

ASUNA WAS BEING A BITCH!

END OF DISCUSSION!

WOW WOW WOW!! YOU DON'T DISS ASUNA!! WHAT THE HECK DID SHE DO TO MAKE HER A BITCH HUH?
Sep 8, 2012 3:33 PM

Jan 2011
plushkin said:

Hey, men can think with both heads. I contend that Kirito was thinking with neither in that situation. He didn't consider her feelings and the courage for a girl to strip for the first time in front of a guy, nor did he consider the consequences of turning her down (ie. she might get REALLLY pissed)

I do agree with you that it isn't fair. On the other hand, current societal gender roles aren't fair, so we need to learn to adapt. Trust me, after like a dozen of these pointless fights with your girlfriend/boyfriend, you learn to pick some of these things up.

Yup, but there are some people like me that doesn't stick to those rules/roles so there will be always conflicts of opinions and shit, but like a said I lot of times, I respect sb-kun and he ins't totally wrong IMO. Just his mindset that didn't made too much sense to me.
Pages (26) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

51 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 1, 11:33 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 7:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.