Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 10, 2012 3:10 AM

Sep 2011

The series will tell a new story that is original to the anime and not directly based on existing material from Kenjirou Hata's original manga. However, Hata personally created the story concepts for the new anime.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-08-10/new-hayate-the-combat-butler-anime-1st-promo-streamed

My Thoughts?

-Bad Animation.
-Bad Storyline.
-Athena Is Left Out.

Aug 10, 2012 4:06 AM
Dec 2007
Luxuriia said:
...Hata personally created the story concepts for the new anime.
Please let it not be a Hina-fest...please let it not be a Hina-fest...please let it not be a Hina-fest...

As for what I think on the preview, I believe they are following Hata's manga designs way too close. I was never a fan of the manga's designs as they were too skinny and basically made every single one of them look strange. Hayate suffers the most from the shift on design since the Manga's Hayate is extremely girly.

But again, I sure hope this "change in concept" merely means Hata will just make a story independent on what fans "want" from him and rather what he intends. Hayate no Gotoku basically lost it's way once he started the fan pandering.
Leon-GunAug 10, 2012 4:13 AM

Aug 10, 2012 3:39 PM

Mar 2009
I love Hayate, but this animation is seriously bad. Really. Even if the story is nice, which I believe to be possible if Hata-sensei wrote it himself, it'll be a pain to watch the characters. I hope there won't be Ayumu and Izumi, because I don't want to see them butchered that much... It's even worst than that last movie.
Aug 10, 2012 10:06 PM

Sep 2011
Damn. I Want My JC Staff's 3rd Season. I'll Think Of This As An OVA Series.

Aug 11, 2012 12:04 AM

Feb 2010
Oh man, that art style is completely different. I don't like it. :(

Don't know about the story yet but I hope it won't disappoint either.
Aug 19, 2012 2:00 PM

May 2012
"Also Proved That It Will Not Follow Accurately The Manga"

Are you sure about that?
I couldn't grasp anything just by watching that preview, honestly.

Unless it was written as text, since I can't read Japanese. Even so, I'm not THAT sure if it will be 100% original. I wrote a post on another thread mentioning how the Movie actually is consistent with the manga plot, so I can't see why they would steer off so much here...

Yeah. Probably it will be heavily adapted, but... I doubt they will go that far.
JPblueserAug 19, 2012 2:03 PM
Aug 19, 2012 3:11 PM

Apr 2012
Luxuriia said:

My Thoughts?

-Bad Animation.
-Bad Storyline.
-Athena Is Left Out.

As for storyline - We can't say if it's good or bad yet but most people (including me) are disappointed that they won't be animating the Athena story, I'm just going to trust that Hata won't disappoint with this storyline.

And Athena being left out in my opinion is a good thing. Don't get me wrong, she's one of my favourite characters. But if they're not going to animate the whole Athena story, I'd prefer that Athena won't be shown in this series hoping they'll animate EoW and GW later.
SedakaMay 27, 2014 7:37 AM
Aug 19, 2012 4:39 PM
Dec 2007
JPblueser said:

Are you sure about that?

Unless it was written as text, since I can't read Japanese. Even so, I'm not THAT sure if it will be 100% original. I wrote a post on another thread mentioning how the Movie actually is consistent with the manga plot, so I can't see why they would steer off so much here...

Yeah. Probably it will be heavily adapted, but... I doubt they will go that far.
The author is penning a new story more or less. So this is not an accurate adaptation, it's a remake in all senses.

Aug 19, 2012 4:44 PM

Jan 2008
Why is Hayate so bishounen?

Regardless, will watch as a fan. Doesn't matter if it doesn't follow the manga or not, doesn't mean it's automatically bad.
Aug 19, 2012 5:02 PM

May 2012
Leon-Gun said:
The author is penning a new story more or less. So this is not an accurate adaptation, it's a remake in all senses.

Yeah. I'm aware of all of the "newly written" part and etc. I'm not expecting an accurate adaptation at all. Actually, I'm prepared for anything that might happen.

But the "remake" idea is hard to believe. It sounds very unlikely to me.

In my book, a "new story" doesn't necessarily mean a "remake". I've never seen that word stated clearly anywhere.

Perhaps I expressed myself a little badly up there. What I was trying to say is that the PV didn't give any hints about the plot. At least not for me.

My bad. I'm a bit tired right now - haha
JPblueserAug 19, 2012 5:20 PM
Aug 20, 2012 4:55 AM
Dec 2007
JPblueser said:
Leon-Gun said:

Yeah. I'm aware of all of the "newly written" part and etc. I'm not expecting an accurate adaptation at all. Actually, I'm prepared for anything that might happen.

But the "remake" idea is hard to believe. It sounds very unlikely to me.

In my book, a "new story" doesn't necessarily mean a "remake". I've never seen that word stated clearly anywhere.

Perhaps I expressed myself a little badly up there. What I was trying to say is that the PV didn't give any hints about the plot. At least not for me.

My bad. I'm a bit tired right now - haha
I can see what you mean, still that "is" the definition of a remake, to make anew. They are rebooting the series from the start with a changed script. Even if they keep several details the same, it won't ever be a true loyal adaptation of the manga. Then again, it never has been a loyal adaptation to begin with. Synergy SP basically did whatever they wanted in the first season. Only JC STAFF actually kept loyal to the manga (only to get the shaft in favor of Manglobe).

Aug 21, 2012 12:10 AM

Sep 2011
JPblueser said:

Are you sure about that?

The series will tell a new story that is original to the anime and not directly based on existing material from Kenjirou Hata's original manga. However, Hata personally created the story concepts for the new anime.

Well, Leon-Gun Also Explained It.

Warteboy said:
Luxuriia said:

My Thoughts?

-Bad Animation.
-Bad Storyline.
-Athena Is Left Out.

I wouldn't say the animation is bad, looks more like the manga which I don't mind but it's definitely going to take some getting used to since it's so different from J.C. Staff.

As for storyline - We can't say if it's good or bad yet but most people (including me) are disappointed that they won't be animating the Athena story, I'm just going to trust that Hata won't disappoint with this storyline.

And Athena being left out in my opinion is a good thing. Don't get me wrong, she's one of my favourite characters. But if they're not going to animate the whole Athena story, I'd prefer that Athena won't be shown in this series hoping they'll animate EoW and GW later.

Don't Think Of It Seriously. It's Just Only My Thoughts After All.

Aug 21, 2012 6:40 AM
Jul 2018
holy shit their heads are huge
Aug 21, 2012 7:38 AM
Jul 2012
Looks like shit and will probably be shit what a waste should have made a season3 not a 26 episode piece of shit.
Aug 21, 2012 9:18 AM

Jun 2010
TeddyG said:
Looks like shit and will probably be shit what a waste should have made a season3 not a 26 episode piece of shit.

Now that's a constructive criticism if I ever heard one. Guess what. the author actively worked on this anime, so it's safe to assume it's going to be mostly the way he wants it to be. And guess what - it's him who's the author, so he gets to decide. And guess what - if you don't like it, give up on it, you won't be missed. Look elsewhere, there's a lot of other anime you can enjoy in this vast world.
Aug 23, 2012 12:23 AM

Nov 2007
I wanted EotW and Golden Week arcs animated, we were so close...SO CLOSE. My hopes once S3 was announced were so high, but then this happens.
Now I'm not saying that the show will be bad which I highly doubt it will. Since Hata is writing the scenario himself I know that at least it WILL be fun to watch but man...I am so disappointed that the wait for the best parts of the manga being animated now has to continue on. No matter what this new Hayate does, I doubt Hata can come up with something that could surpass EotW or Golden Week. If he really does pull a miracle and this is the greatest Hayate story, I will eat my words. But for now...I still remain disappointed and the wait continues on.

PS: Man they even animated Ruka before Athena, I love Ruka but this is just a big injustice ;A;
Aug 23, 2012 4:22 AM
Dec 2007
eworm said:
TeddyG said:

Now that's a constructive criticism if I ever heard one. Guess what. the author actively worked on this anime, so it's safe to assume it's going to be mostly the way he wants it to be. And guess what - it's him who's the author, so he gets to decide. And guess what - if you don't like it, give up on it, you won't be missed. Look elsewhere, there's a lot of other anime you can enjoy in this vast world.
Considering the places he took the manga as time passed, hearing "the author is actively working in the project" doesn't really inspires trust in me. Hata has a fan pandering mindset.

Aug 23, 2012 5:18 AM

Jun 2010
Leon-Gun said:
Considering the places he took the manga as time passed, hearing "the author is actively working in the project" doesn't really inspires trust in me. Hata has a fan pandering mindset.

Nah, his only mistake of this sort is Hinagiku. If he truly was doing whatever fans wanted, the most recent storyline would've already ended months ago. And yet he remembers what he wants to create and that's a comedy-first series. I think it's going to be alright.
Sep 23, 2012 1:04 AM

Mar 2008
The animation looks really diferent but I think people will get used to it and it won't be an issue. The backgrounds look very good, just some of the proportions look kind of odd at first impression. No real comment on the story since it's original, but since Ruka will appear (she better play a bigger role than just appearing as an extra Hata!), I can't complain.
Sep 23, 2012 12:56 PM

Jun 2007
The new artwork is quite off putting but I won't mind watching it as long as the same voice actors' are used. If not, I can't do it because I loved the original voice actors a lot and I'd find it difficult to get past that in "new" version. I'm interested what he's planning to do in because everyone is saying that he's pandering to the fans, so I wonder what story lines he's going to come up with....
Sep 23, 2012 12:59 PM
Dec 2007
eworm said:
Leon-Gun said:

Nah, his only mistake of this sort is Hinagiku. If he truly was doing whatever fans wanted, the most recent storyline would've already ended months ago. And yet he remembers what he wants to create and that's a comedy-first series. I think it's going to be alright.
Well let's hope. I really could never get over how much Hata involved Hinagiku as a whole. Especially after he admitted during one of his earlier volumes that Hinagiku wasn't even originally gonna be part of HnG. She was just a character he had planned for an earlier manga he never did.

Sep 26, 2012 2:26 PM

Nov 2009
I'm so looking forward to the new story and animation.
Sure it won't be as good as JC Staff, but Manglobe did TWGOK so I can expect just as much :)

Btw if anyone's in Facebook, there's a fanpage :
http://www.facebook.com/hngnew
artists have the power of imagination, and the ability to unleash it!
Sep 27, 2012 8:53 AM

Sep 2011
mysticswordsman said:
I'm so looking forward to the new story and animation.
Sure it won't be as good as JC Staff, but Manglobe did TWGOK so I can expect just as much :)

Btw if anyone's in Facebook, there's a fanpage :
http://www.facebook.com/hngnew

I can't expect as much because of what they did in the movie.

Sep 30, 2012 9:44 PM

Jun 2011
): Should've been a continuation rather than original story by author himself D:
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

90 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 1:11 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2012

34 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2012

36 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 10:53 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2012

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2012

27 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 26, 2023 8:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.