no.

Although
Jul 11, 2012 4:40 AM

Nov 2011
Kuroyukihime=dual blade, black, ace, high level
Kirito=dual blade, black, ace, high level

Although, he might be already content with Yui
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jul 11, 2012 8:47 AM

Oct 2009
I think this is possible.

In Accel World. There is 2 times I notice something about this.

When Kuroyukihime said her name is muchlike her nickname. Immediately, I have her name in my mind.

And in special chapter "Versus"

As both series are in the same universe. So this theory is still possible until Kuroyukihime real parents show up.
Jul 11, 2012 8:48 AM

Feb 2009
Kawahara said in the volume 10 afterwords of Accel World that even though Kirito appeared in the side story chapter/crossover, it doesn't mean that there's a connection between the two works.
So no.
Jul 11, 2012 9:09 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
belatkuro said:
Kawahara said in the volume 10 afterwords of Accel World that even though Kirito appeared in the side story chapter/crossover, it doesn't mean that there's a connection between the two works.
So no.

He didn't deny it though. It was more like dodgy "don't assume anything yet".
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 11, 2012 9:23 PM

May 2012
she's obviously Kuroyuki's daughter
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 11, 2012 11:18 PM

Dec 2009
belatkuro said:
So no.

I dunno, it's better I think to connect the two series to create a continuity towards the technology.

I remember how...

Jul 12, 2012 12:20 AM

Feb 2009
Netto_Azure said:
belatkuro said:
So no.

I dunno, it's better I think to connect the two series to create a continuity towards the technology.

I remember how...

Lots of authors do some connections with their different works. Take Mashima Hiro for example. Both Plue is in both his works, FT and Rave Master but obviously they're not the same character.
It's easier to write a story by using some things from your previous work. It's just that Kawahara uses a lot of the technical aspects for both of his works(FullDive is the leading one) that you would think that they're related. Not to mention the dates(2022 for SAO, 2046 for AW)
A few more examples would be

And by the way Versus was going it would seem more like
Jul 13, 2012 1:53 AM

Dec 2009
belatkuro said:

Jul 14, 2012 3:10 PM

Mar 2011
Who knows, Kirito might be the one who made brain burst lol
Jul 14, 2012 11:20 PM
Jul 2012
Heres a interesting theory from kasuka.net

I just started reading the Alicization Beginning arc of Sword Art Online aka Volume 9. It was supposedly translated by Teh_Ping two weeks ago, but final exams prohibited me from getting around to reading it. I also haven’t been able to read New Testament 4 of To Aru Majutsu no Index. This week’s Accel World raised an interesting point in which I wanted to talk about. Kuroyukihime elaborated upon the most important bond in Accel World , which is the bond between the person who gives brain burst and the person who ends up installing brain burst. This master/protege relationship is especially potent as each side knows the true identity of each other, so repercussions in the Accel World have great reverberations in the real world. While the bond can be benevolent and almost loving, the counter also holds true.

In the latest episode, Kuroyukihime vents her hatred of her master. In the Accel World novels, the reason behind her hate isn’t revealed yet. Neither is her true name.

The theory that I have is that Kirito and Asuna from Sword Art Online are Kuroyukihime ‘s parents. If you look closely at Aincrad’s Kirito and Black Lotus, they share many similar traits such as dual swords and the color ‘black.’

Now, I will begin to lay out the foundation for this theory and elucidate some of my speculations.

The setting of the third arc of Sword Art Online, Gun Gale Online, takes place in the year 2026, two years after the events of the Old Aincrad. The beginning of Accel World takes place in the year 2046, 20 years after GGO. In the GGO arc, Kirito was 16 while Asuna was 17. Supposing that Kirito and Asuna get married when they are 22-23, Kuroyukihime would be around 13-14 years old in the year 2046. This matches up with her being in her second year of middle school at the beginning of Accel World .

Second of all, Kuroyukihime has mentioned in the anime that her real name isn’t too much different from her moniker ‘Kuroyukihime.’ Asuna’s full name is Asuna Yuuki. It is highly possible that Kirito and Asuna decided to name their child Yuuki due to events in volume 7, Mother’s Rosario.

Third of all, her name essentially means “Princess Snow Black.” The black part probably comes from Kirito while the princess portion comes from her mother, Asuna. Asuna’s father is the CEO of the electronics company RECTO which manufactures fulldive products. Rich ojous of families are often called “princesses,” so Kuroyukihime bestowing this name upon herself isn’t too far fetched.

Fourth of all, in the seventh volume, Kirito invented some kind of camera at school which can capture real space and replicate it as virtual space and vice versa for the girl with AIDS, Yuuki . This sounds awfully similar to the neutral world in Brain Burst. Yuuki , the girl who died in the medicube testing, had a deep emotional connection with Asuna. So, with regard to what I said before for the naming of Kirito and Asuna’s child, Yuuki being Kuroyukihime’s real name and the daughter of the Kirito and Asuna is very, very possible.

Fifth of all, throughout the side stories and Mother’s Rosario, Kirito has a part time job in which he tests fulldive products in conjunction with quantum theory. In a side story, he actually traveled to the future and dueled with a level 5 Silver Crow and defeated him (it doesn’t specifically say that Kirito won since the quantum field ran out at the last minute, but please, Kirito is a badass). Kirito may have drawn inspiration from this battle and created Brain Burst as a result.

The things that don’t exactly match up are that Sky Raker in Accel World call Kuroyukihime “Saa-chan,” which is nowhere near the name of Yuuki unless Saa-chan is some kind of nickname. Another thing that doesn’t match up is that Kirito is technically dead in Alicization beginning since he was “killed” by a real life Laughing Coffin member. He fulldived without NERvGear into the “Underworld.” I’m not sure what this exactly entails, but from what I’ve read about other side stories post Alicization, Kirito’s harem travels into the Underworld to join/rescue him.

However, the similarities between the Underworld and the Accel World are numerous. A small amount of time in either area is an exorbitant amount of time in reality. In both places, there is an all out war between factions.

The only reason that I can come up with which explains the hate that Kuroyukihime harbors for Kirito would be that Kirito and Asuna both “abandoned” her to live in the Underworld. There may be other reasons in which they chose to live there that include being protectors of humanity or promise eternal life. The Underworld might even be heaven. Anyway, the only way that Burst Linkers in Accel World can meet the creators of Brain Burst is to reach the Underworld, which is possibly on a higher plane compared to the Accel World. As far as I know, that means achieving level 10 in the Accel World.

So ends my theory for linking the stories of SAO and AW together through the vehicle of Kuroyukihime.
Jul 15, 2012 4:39 AM
Nov 2009
There is a strong resemblance too. If Asuna had Kiritos black hair she would look a lot like Kuroyuukihime. Even though this could just be a coincidence since the AW light novel was published before SAO.
Jul 15, 2012 10:27 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
awilson338 said:
Heres a interesting theory from kasuka.net

I just started reading the Alicization Beginning arc of Sword Art Online aka Volume 9. It was supposedly translated by Teh_Ping two weeks ago, but final exams prohibited me from getting around to reading it. I also haven’t been able to read New Testament 4 of To Aru Majutsu no Index. This week’s Accel World raised an interesting point in which I wanted to talk about. Kuroyukihime elaborated upon the most important bond in Accel World , which is the bond between the person who gives brain burst and the person who ends up installing brain burst. This master/protege relationship is especially potent as each side knows the true identity of each other, so repercussions in the Accel World have great reverberations in the real world. While the bond can be benevolent and almost loving, the counter also holds true.

In the latest episode, Kuroyukihime vents her hatred of her master. In the Accel World novels, the reason behind her hate isn’t revealed yet. Neither is her true name.

The theory that I have is that Kirito and Asuna from Sword Art Online are Kuroyukihime ‘s parents. If you look closely at Aincrad’s Kirito and Black Lotus, they share many similar traits such as dual swords and the color ‘black.’

Now, I will begin to lay out the foundation for this theory and elucidate some of my speculations.

The setting of the third arc of Sword Art Online, Gun Gale Online, takes place in the year 2026, two years after the events of the Old Aincrad. The beginning of Accel World takes place in the year 2046, 20 years after GGO. In the GGO arc, Kirito was 16 while Asuna was 17. Supposing that Kirito and Asuna get married when they are 22-23, Kuroyukihime would be around 13-14 years old in the year 2046. This matches up with her being in her second year of middle school at the beginning of Accel World .

Second of all, Kuroyukihime has mentioned in the anime that her real name isn’t too much different from her moniker ‘Kuroyukihime.’ Asuna’s full name is Asuna Yuuki. It is highly possible that Kirito and Asuna decided to name their child Yuuki due to events in volume 7, Mother’s Rosario.

Third of all, her name essentially means “Princess Snow Black.” The black part probably comes from Kirito while the princess portion comes from her mother, Asuna. Asuna’s father is the CEO of the electronics company RECTO which manufactures fulldive products. Rich ojous of families are often called “princesses,” so Kuroyukihime bestowing this name upon herself isn’t too far fetched.

Fourth of all, in the seventh volume, Kirito invented some kind of camera at school which can capture real space and replicate it as virtual space and vice versa for the girl with AIDS, Yuuki . This sounds awfully similar to the neutral world in Brain Burst. Yuuki , the girl who died in the medicube testing, had a deep emotional connection with Asuna. So, with regard to what I said before for the naming of Kirito and Asuna’s child, Yuuki being Kuroyukihime’s real name and the daughter of the Kirito and Asuna is very, very possible.

Fifth of all, throughout the side stories and Mother’s Rosario, Kirito has a part time job in which he tests fulldive products in conjunction with quantum theory. In a side story, he actually traveled to the future and dueled with a level 5 Silver Crow and defeated him (it doesn’t specifically say that Kirito won since the quantum field ran out at the last minute, but please, Kirito is a badass). Kirito may have drawn inspiration from this battle and created Brain Burst as a result.

The things that don’t exactly match up are that Sky Raker in Accel World call Kuroyukihime “Saa-chan,” which is nowhere near the name of Yuuki unless Saa-chan is some kind of nickname. Another thing that doesn’t match up is that Kirito is technically dead in Alicization beginning since he was “killed” by a real life Laughing Coffin member. He fulldived without NERvGear into the “Underworld.” I’m not sure what this exactly entails, but from what I’ve read about other side stories post Alicization, Kirito’s harem travels into the Underworld to join/rescue him.

However, the similarities between the Underworld and the Accel World are numerous. A small amount of time in either area is an exorbitant amount of time in reality. In both places, there is an all out war between factions.

The only reason that I can come up with which explains the hate that Kuroyukihime harbors for Kirito would be that Kirito and Asuna both “abandoned” her to live in the Underworld. There may be other reasons in which they chose to live there that include being protectors of humanity or promise eternal life. The Underworld might even be heaven. Anyway, the only way that Burst Linkers in Accel World can meet the creators of Brain Burst is to reach the Underworld, which is possibly on a higher plane compared to the Accel World. As far as I know, that means achieving level 10 in the Accel World.

So ends my theory for linking the stories of SAO and AW together through the vehicle of Kuroyukihime.

Very plausible theory. I approve if this is really the case.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 15, 2012 12:16 PM

Jun 2011

You might want to spoiler tag this cause there are quite a few in that. Though nice post i am leaning towards Kuroyukihime being the child of Kirito and Asuna, that might be nice. Though Kuroyukihime seems to have some issues you would think because of the sort of people Kirito and Asuna are they would be all over that as good parents.
DragoonDeusJul 15, 2012 12:24 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 17, 2012 1:27 PM
Nov 2011

Wow. Wait to post for spoiler alert O.o (Not that I'd have taken much interest in the alert anyway xD) But really, it would be awesome if Kuroyukihime was Asuna and Kirito's child! xD
Jul 26, 2012 3:57 PM

Jul 2011
it would explain why kuroyukihime doesn't reveal her name and also the countless similarities between kirito and her

i think its really possible and that accel world is a story in the same universe as SAO
Jul 26, 2012 4:23 PM
Feb 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:
it would explain why kuroyukihime doesn't reveal her name and also the countless similarities between kirito and her

i think its really possible and that accel world is a story in the same universe as SAO

accel world IS in the same universe as SAO.

also, it's pretty clear that kuroyukihime is kirito's daughter. the similarities are all there.

it's like how Ryohgo Narita uses the same universe for his novels like baccano and durarara
Aug 28, 2012 11:14 PM
Aug 2012
Aug 29, 2012 6:36 AM

Jul 2011
monkeii said:
kamikaze_1996 said:

accel world IS in the same universe as SAO.

also, it's pretty clear that kuroyukihime is kirito's daughter. the similarities are all there.

it's like how Ryohgo Narita uses the same universe for his novels like baccano and durarara

it hasn't been confirmed

its arguable either way, especially with some of the latest content in the accel world LN
Aug 29, 2012 10:25 AM

Mar 2012
Cool theory. I'd love to see a definitive link though. All the current ones are pretty circumstantial and for all we know the author could just be borrowing settings between his works.
Aug 29, 2012 10:26 AM
Nov 2010
Kuroyukihime is too cool to be Kirito's daughter.
Aug 29, 2012 12:10 PM

Feb 2012
Dessiato said:

>Thread full of spoilers.

>Bumps it.

Isn't there already a thread where people are discussing this?(even tho this one is way older.)

Edit: Oh shit, I just bumped this thread.
Sep 1, 2012 8:49 PM

Apr 2011
I really hope that Kuroyukihime is Kirito and Asuna's daughter..
Sep 1, 2012 8:50 PM

May 2010
Herp a Derp
Sep 1, 2012 9:30 PM

Apr 2012
Immahnoob said:
-Kurisu- said:
That's why they both wear black

They say Jesus walked on water.

People are made out of 79% water.

I can walk on people.

So I am 79% Jesus.

I'm taking this quote home with me for the kids. Thankyou.
Sep 2, 2012 12:07 AM

Sep 2012

Didn't start Volume 9 of Swort art online yet... got major spoiled right there. QQ. Well if this is later confirmed by the author... that woould be pretty cool to see that link. Nice job.
Sep 2, 2012 7:19 AM

Aug 2012
I thought this thread was a joke but what you guys posted sound convincing.

Now that i think of it, isn't one of Kuroyukihime's skill starburst stream too?
Sep 2, 2012 7:52 AM

Feb 2009
maccha said:
I thought this thread was a joke but what you guys posted sound convincing.

Now that i think of it, isn't one of Kuroyukihime's skill starburst stream too?
That's a spoiler too but since this thread is full of it, the answer is yes.
Sep 2, 2012 8:18 AM

Jul 2011
^ HOLY SHIT! WHY BELAKTERO!? WHY!? I ONLY KNOW "DEATH BY PIERCING" "DEATH BY EMBRACING"!!
Sep 2, 2012 8:31 AM

Feb 2009
Lol. At least type my name correctly.
Those two Death skills, Death by Piercing and Death by Embracing, are learned by level up. She has another one shown in the Okinawa arc called Death by Barraging. Barraging was learned when KYH was level 4, Piercing was level 6, and Embracing was level 8.
If you've watched the latest episode of AW, you would know what Starburst Stream is. And she has another skill which you can guess as well if you really know Kirito.
Sep 2, 2012 8:42 AM

Jul 2011
^ STOP SPOILING ME T_T IM SORRY I GOT YOUR NAME WRONG SO STOP IT!!!!
Sep 2, 2012 9:22 AM

Jun 2007
the author made a huge flaw. and it was letting kirito die. i mean, kirito? bitch please.

back to the theory. it is very plausible, and i approve. the detail drawn in is awesome xD
Sep 2, 2012 10:54 AM

Mar 2010
^ whaaat

spoilertag it D:
Sep 2, 2012 10:58 AM

Jul 2009
Lylaaz said:
^ whaaat

spoilertag it D:

Atleast
Sep 2, 2012 5:40 PM

Jul 2011
errrr no he didn't
Sep 2, 2012 6:11 PM

Jul 2012
This is interesting, and both animes have the same
>_>
Sep 2, 2012 8:15 PM

Sep 2012
ZeroKamikaze said:
errrr no he didn't

You've read volume 9 right? That's why your middle-pic in your signature is there...
Sep 2, 2012 8:28 PM

Jul 2011
ive read vol.9 and 2 chapters of volume 10...nuff said
Sep 2, 2012 9:54 PM

Sep 2012
ZeroKamikaze said:
ive read vol.9 and 2 chapters of volume 10...nuff said

Aight. I'll take your word for it. I'm pretty relieved to say the least.
Sep 7, 2012 11:00 AM
Aug 2010
I don't want Kirito and Asuna to be Kuroyukihime's parents. They are just way too cool to have such a child >_< Kuroyukihime may be cute, but that's about it. AW's characters are nothing near as awesome as SAO's characters.....
Sep 7, 2012 11:32 AM
Jul 2012
the real question is who's the mother? seeing as he has his own harem empire
Sep 7, 2012 2:28 PM
Jul 2012
This topic again? I already troll another thread like this but fail miserably. Totally lives up to my name, I'm so proud of myself.

So Kuroyukihime's papa is Kirito. Welp, they both love games, makes perfect sense.

Now I'm absolutely sure Ulquiorra is L in afterlife.
Aizen is Clark Kent. Obviously.
Izaya is the illegitimate son of Lelouch. Can't be wrong.
Kirito is a descendant of Guts. The Black Swordsman.
Claude Faustus is Peter Parker. Obviously.
Patrick Star is the son of Majin Buu. I knew it!
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Sep 7, 2012 3:54 PM
Aug 2012
xillia000 said:
I don't want Kirito and Asuna to be Kuroyukihime's parents. They are just way too cool to have such a child >_< Kuroyukihime may be cute, but that's about it. AW's characters are nothing near as awesome as SAO's characters.....

Finally someone with the same thoughts as mine. I don't really see any charm in Kuroyukihime don't why people fawn over her. Haru and Taku are ok but i can't stand the female protagonists. Kirito and Asuna are way better.

Sep 7, 2012 5:46 PM
Jun 2011
Although Kirito might not be her father, latest Accel World anime episode just put both series on the same page. The Nerve gear appeared on the episode!
Sep 8, 2012 5:27 AM
Aug 2010
FailAtLife said:
This topic again? I already troll another thread like this but fail miserably. Totally lives up to my name, I'm so proud of myself.

So Kuroyukihime's papa is Kirito. Welp, they both love games, makes perfect sense.

Now I'm absolutely sure Ulquiorra is L in afterlife.
Aizen is Clark Kent. Obviously.
Izaya is the illegitimate son of Lelouch. Can't be wrong.
Kirito is a descendant of Guts. The Black Swordsman.
Claude Faustus is Peter Parker. Obviously.
Patrick Star is the son of Majin Buu. I knew it!

The thing is, they are both in the same Universe. And with Kawahara keeping everything a mystery, there's a pretty high chance that they are her parents >_< This is why I hate series with sequels where it's decades apart from the original one. The sequal always ruins the original prequel. Eg, Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS, the characters and the plot are pretty damn awful..... I don't want characters that I like to become friends/family member/relationship with anyone that I hate >_< It just totally ruins it....
Sep 8, 2012 8:18 AM

Mar 2012
Or better yet Mr. Piggy could be kirito's son.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore?

Hango-Man - Apr 27

39 by Hango-Man »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 7:25 PM

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
Apr 26, 4:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.