Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2012 3:07 AM

Sep 2011
Jsmithmim said:
The best review of guilty crown ever:-http://swabulous.wordpress.com/2012/03/29/guilty-crown/

That review is absolutely brilliant.
Jul 17, 2012 9:45 PM

Aug 2011
Just finished it today, and I didn't think it was bad at all. I actually just watched it to see why so many people thought it was terrible, and came out loving it. I don't like Code Geass, never did and never will, so I can't say whether or not they're the same, but I was overall pleased with what I saw, however, I can't say it's something I'd rewatch in the future. Maybe, but I'm not too sure about that.

Jul 18, 2012 2:43 PM

Oct 2011
Jsmithmim said:
The best review of guilty crown ever:-http://swabulous.wordpress.com/2012/03/29/guilty-crown/

I love this review.It's not my exact feelings of the series,but love it nonetheless.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jul 18, 2012 2:52 PM

Sep 2011
ronri said:
Jsmithmim said:

This review is about 90% spot on, he just over exaggerates some parts, but yah this show was fucking horrible.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 19, 2012 5:37 PM
Jul 2012
Glub said:
Yes. It is pretty bad.
Boku no Pico is better than it.
no.
Jul 19, 2012 5:40 PM
Jul 2012
kurselax said:
so guilty crowns piqued my interest recently and i've been thinking about checking it out, but all i hear about the show are negative comments. so my question for you guys is: is guilty crown really that bad of a show or does it just suffer from being to much like whats already been done.
finished it today and it was awesome!
Jul 19, 2012 5:50 PM

Sep 2011
jjrocks24 said:
kurselax said:
so guilty crowns piqued my interest recently and i've been thinking about checking it out, but all i hear about the show are negative comments. so my question for you guys is: is guilty crown really that bad of a show or does it just suffer from being to much like whats already been done.
I'm guessing you dont care about plotholes or outright rip offs do you?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 19, 2012 10:39 PM

Apr 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
jjrocks24 said:
kurselax said:

Those rollerskates truly were invented by Code Geass.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 19, 2012 10:39 PM

Oct 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
jjrocks24 said:
kurselax said:

Eh,some people just go for the enjoyment.If the quality don't affect their enjoyment,then they don't care about the quality.Some of these people,like me,will notice the negatives & some will just blindly ignore them.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jul 19, 2012 10:41 PM

Apr 2012
Jeddy017 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
jjrocks24 said:
kurselax said:

Eh,some people just go for the enjoyment.If the quality don't affect their enjoyment,then they don't care about the quality.Some of these people,like me,will notice the negatives & some will just blindly ignore them.

We can think out of the box, that's all, I'm a fanboy, I already noticed that myself. But I don't need to be slapped in the face with information to understand the story, I can make a sum of everything they told us.

Autocrat said:
Jul 22, 2012 4:39 AM

Jan 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Art/Animation - 10/10
Music - 8/10
Voice Acting - 10/10
Plot/Story line - 3/10
Plot execution - 1/10
Plot Holes - 10/10
Characters - 2/10
Character Development - 1/10
Character "Degradement" - 10/10
Mecha Designs+Fights - 7/10
Cliches - 10/10
Makes Sense - 1/10
Everything in Guilty Crown makes sense if the genre was ecchi.
Jul 22, 2012 5:11 AM

Jun 2012
This anime is on hold for me and only seen like 5 episode, so i cant truly say. However, the first episode did not drive my impression simply cause it seems like a mockery comparing it to code geass and the characters don't seem interesting, and I also did not like their power just because it seems uncool is much i can say
Jul 22, 2012 11:42 AM

Feb 2012
it really is kinda bad....but that doesnt mean you cant love it like i do :D
Jul 22, 2012 12:00 PM
May 2012
guilty crown was awesome.especially ouma sho.his character was perfect.If i can bring out a fault then that is the story was a little bit obvious( code geass).But it was brilliant nonetheless.If anyone doesn't like it then i think they stink.
Jul 22, 2012 3:16 PM
Jul 2012
Guilty Crown is bad? Only a goddamn stupid whining otaku who pretend to be smart would say something like that.
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Jul 22, 2012 3:34 PM
Jun 2012
It's not bad at all. I truly ended up loving this anime, so you really should watch it!
Jul 23, 2012 6:49 PM

Sep 2011
WrathSC said:
it really is kinda bad....but that doesnt mean you cant love it like i do :D

An honest response, I respect that.
Jul 28, 2012 4:27 AM

Mar 2012
No, I find funny how people are hating GC to the point that positive reviews about the anime are completely shunned down. I had written a positive review and got countless private messages saying that I am an idiot...
Jul 28, 2012 4:45 AM

Apr 2012
smooched said:
No, I find funny how people are hating GC to the point that positive reviews about the anime are completely shunned down. I had written a positive review and got countless private messages saying that I am an idiot...

I watched CG now. And I have to say there are similarities. But those are minor and how they morphed and added into the story will look like it's original (which in the end it is).

Nice review. Somewhat short but to the point. You should make it a bit more lenghty and maybe have a bit more "fun" with some jokes etc.

I did like that pun (which didn't seem intentional) tho. "How would you feel in his shoes?" XD True. How would a 17 years old that lost his memories because of a trauma feel...? Like Shu.

Autocrat said:
Jul 28, 2012 4:59 AM

Mar 2012
Thank you.

I try to make them brief. I can't stand reviews that spew out the same arguments as if it's a ritual. The redundancy of the criticisms that this show takes is beyond me.
Jul 28, 2012 6:57 AM

May 2012
After finishing the series, I think it's okay-good. Like I stated in my review, the hardest part for me is sticking to it during the first arc. Also the sheer of negative reviews can discourage people. Good thing I decided to stick with it and finished the show. And unlike most, I ended up liking Shu and Inori, and the show overall.
Jul 28, 2012 10:36 AM

Apr 2012
pika2000 said:
After finishing the series, I think it's okay-good. Like I stated in my review, the hardest part for me is sticking to it during the first arc. Also the sheer of negative reviews can discourage people. Good thing I decided to stick with it and finished the show. And unlike most, I ended up liking Shu and Inori, and the show overall.

People didn't like the realistic ending and the sacrifice of Inori.

Autocrat said:
Jul 28, 2012 12:24 PM

Mar 2012
Immahnoob said:
pika2000 said:

Shu should of died along. How he survived is unrealistic.
Jul 28, 2012 12:33 PM

Jan 2012
It's bad and you should feel bad if you loved it. 0/10 would watch boku no homo any day.

edit: everyone should have died, especially that one bitch. oh, the other one as well
Jul 28, 2012 12:39 PM

Apr 2012
smooched said:
Immahnoob said:
pika2000 said:

Shu should of died along. How he survived is unrealistic.

"To attain something you need to sacrifice something else." is the motto of that ending.

For surviving, he also assimilated Inori's blindness. Don't forget that Inori was a clone of Mana, that cradle was her soul or at least everything he could assimilate, and don't forget that Inori's blood could stop somewhat the crystalization but not for long (that's why Gai was injecting her blood in himself). He took her "healing" completely when he assimilated her, thus he didn't crystalize. The escape from the tower has not been explained. That is one major plot hole.

He didn't get what he want in the end, and acted like a martyr losing his arm and eyes for survival and for the survival of the world. It's a realistic ending. It's not always possible to get what you want.

Autocrat said:
Jul 28, 2012 7:34 PM

Feb 2010
Thanks, guys for telling me the ending.
I'm so greatful to all of you, I think that's why the freaking spoiler tag was made,
but regardless of its purpose you guys managed to help out so many people by letting everyone see that.

Once again, thank you from the bottom of heart
Jul 28, 2012 7:53 PM

Jun 2012
EarlCiel said:
Thanks, guys for telling me the ending.
I'm so greatful to all of you, I think that's why the freaking spoiler tag was made,
but regardless of its purpose you guys managed to help out so many people by letting everyone see that.

Once again, thank you from the bottom of heart

uh its fairly obvious that those who hate the series have watched some part of it
yeah the endings bad so why are you looking at this thread if you haven't completed it
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Jul 29, 2012 7:40 PM

Apr 2009
smooched said:

Haters just gonna hate

All anime are just like that, a boy, get a power, to change something in their life..
It's typical, because the character need a development, IMO..

If they just dislike anime with char development, just go watch sayonara zetsubou sensei, that's good anime without character development :p
Jul 29, 2012 7:59 PM

Oct 2011
smooched said:

REALLY?Are some people born just to be pathetic?
My Devianart

Jul 29, 2012 8:14 PM

Apr 2009
disappointed of ending, huh?
why people don't watch school days and talk bad about it? :<
Jul 29, 2012 10:19 PM

Feb 2010
Regicide said:

uh its fairly obvious that those who hate the series have watched some part of it
yeah the endings bad so why are you looking at this thread if you haven't completed it

Oh, I don't know maybe because this thread was originally made because someone was curious on whether they should watch the anime even though there are so many disappointed people.

That person did not ask for the ending. Did not ask for spoilers.
So that answers your question. I'm here because I was in the same predicament.

nekoyaki said:
disappointed of ending, huh?
why people don't watch school days and talk bad about it? :<

Oh my god. School days was such a dreadful anime, I mean it was painfully boring and I only endured it to the end because I had a hunch that the ending would turn out completely out of the world. Like, no one would have imagined that ending.

Anime philosophy-
There are some animes with mind-blowing endings. There are two ways your mind can be impacted after it has been blown.

#1-> complete rage because this mind blow was obviously too much for you to handle. You weren't expecting it at all and therefore blame the anime for being so messed up and incomprehensible to the human mind. Basically, you feel MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT. Symptoms of this is repeatedly saying "I wish ____ happened instead" or "It would have been better if _______ rather than _______". Ranters who enter the thread at random times to attack innocent posters that say "ooo, this is really getting interesting!!" are possible people who are in this stage.

#2-> you are in a state of "shock" and do not know how to express your feelings about your mind blow, however you feel greatly impacted because this ending didn't exactly turn out in your favor, but you liked how different it was and the element of surprise in the ending really makes you satisfied. Key word being "it didn't exactly turn out in your favor"

#3-? All people are different. Some people jump off building in response to having their mind blown, so I wouldn't be able to account for every single person's reaction. These two are the most typical I have come across.

Of course, if you're satisfied with the ending and/or expected it all along (because it was so obvious) then that's a different story. Anyways, the reason most people weren't disappointed with school days was because most people were in "mind-blown option #2...that along with the fact that they believed that the freak deserved what he got

One thing I've learned about accepting anime endings. NEVER EVER EVER complain and start sending hate mails to the staff just because one thing in the end throws you off or you're unsatisfied with it. If you do that, they just might do what they did for Kuroshitsuji II, loll that was the staff's way of saying "EVERYONE FREAKING DISAPPEARS AND DIES. HAPPY NOW?"

Worked. Shut the fans right up, haha
EarlCielJul 29, 2012 10:30 PM
Jul 29, 2012 11:50 PM

Jul 2009
It was an ok anime. But the only reason that made it ok was the music and animation. Honestly, if any of those were even subpar, I probably would've given this anime much lower than an 8 (which is my current score). Even at times, I think an 8 is a bit too high, but I absolutely LOVE the music; and the animation is definitely not something to laugh at.
Jul 29, 2012 11:52 PM

Mar 2012
YES. THE CHARACTERS MAKE ME WANT TO PUNCH A MIDGET IN THE BALLS
Jul 30, 2012 12:01 AM
Apr 2012
I don't believe GC is that bad. I know that beautiful art and eargasmic sound/music doesn't make up for an anime, but the animation and the supercell-made songs are worthy of 11/10. I don't think that the story is that horrible too, it's more of a failed execution- the characters just weren't developed well, the plotholes kept piling up and as a result, it became a trainwreck.

About comparing it to CG, personally, I think they're similar too. You know, that power of kings, the future setting, the "Japan failed" theme, mechas, waifu-able mysterious lead woman, the MC is Hitler, and so on. I refer GC as a CG rip-off just for hyperbole, I do not mean it completely.

Overall, since GC is scored 7 on my list, I for one don't think it's that unwatchable though it's not a masterpiece neither.
Jul 30, 2012 12:15 AM

Apr 2012
Don't freakin' compare it to CG for gods sake. That's the mistake all of you are doing.

It's like comparing every MMO that was released after WoW, to WoW itself, because hey, WoW is popular and succesful, they must all be rip-offs.

Those ideas were released BEFORE CG. Plus your idea of rip-off is too general guys, from your idea anything that has a virus, must be a rip-off from the first movie/anime that ever used a virus in their plot.

Autocrat said:
Jul 30, 2012 4:10 AM
Jul 2012
I personally found it good but it does have it's stupid moments where shit that's supposed to happen doesn't happen.

I enjoyed it though. It's worth watching IMO, it may be a rip off of CG, but it's still good.
Jul 30, 2012 4:14 AM

Apr 2012
GuiltyGeass said:
I personally found it good but it does have it's stupid moments where shit that's supposed to happen doesn't happen.

I enjoyed it though. It's worth watching IMO, it may be a rip off of CG, but it's still good.

*facepalm*

Autocrat said:
Aug 1, 2012 7:47 AM

Apr 2009
If you deserve a good ending always, then you should've watched "Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei" series, lol XD

Everything in this world has left nothing but despair!
Aug 5, 2012 12:56 AM

Nov 2011
I'm up to episode 11 and I think it's great so far. Sure the plot isn't as understandable as it should be (they still didn't reveal the objective of the Undertakers) but everything else makes up for it imo.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/profile/DarkAlastor">

Aug 5, 2012 3:21 AM

May 2012
I thought it was a decent (8/10) even with its cliches. I just went into it without really any expectations.

The later episodes were just a shitstorm of WTF though and the ending was trash.

"We are the Fury"- House Baratheon

Aug 6, 2012 12:40 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, on episode 17 now, I understand why everyone hates it. When Lelouch acted evil, he had a purpose, when Shu turned evil, he made no plans whatsoever. It's turning into a story of a guy that turned bad for no reason at all, with no purpose either. What did they plan to do with the voids?

Imo, they really should have ended it on episode 11, everything turned really crappy after that.

EDIT: Couldn't stop myself, I read the summaries for the rest of the episodes only. All I can say is wtf just happened...
DarkAlastorAug 6, 2012 12:51 AM
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/profile/DarkAlastor">

Aug 6, 2012 6:38 PM

Mar 2012
i dont think it's that bad it has its flaws but it certainly isnt that bad.
Aug 6, 2012 9:42 PM
May 2012
DarkAlastor said:
Lol, on episode 17 now, I understand why everyone hates it. When Lelouch acted evil, he had a purpose, when Shu turned evil, he made no plans whatsoever. It's turning into a story of a guy that turned bad for no reason at all, with no purpose either. What did they plan to do with the voids?

EDIT: Couldn't stop myself, I read the summaries for the rest of the episodes only. All I can say is wtf just happened...

Shuu didn't turned evil. He just lost it apparently despite the death of Hare Menjou, I think.
Aug 7, 2012 3:57 AM

Mar 2011
I really hate people who thinks that their opinion> other people opinion or taste
There are many good things about GC, but the story is a bit meh
But, I was very entertained by it
Aug 8, 2012 12:19 AM

Jul 2010
Vizi_Reality said:
I really hate people who thinks that their opinion> other people opinion or taste
There are many good things about GC, but the story is a bit meh
But, I was very entertained by it

Hows it going Vizi? This should be interesting because I gave Guilty Crown a "2" where you gave it a "9." Ironically enough, I feel GUILTY about the rating because I really wanted to like it and I know a lot of work goes into creating these series... but could not bring myself into it lol. I genuinely hated it and would expect more from a professional staff.

-Remind me of the "good things" in this anime, in your opinion.

Im just curious for pure discussion, not looking to bash you at all btw :p
Aug 19, 2012 4:27 PM
Jul 2018
Yes.
Aug 21, 2012 2:05 AM

Jan 2008
In every place, in every age, quality of Guilty Crown remains the same: shitty.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Sep 6, 2012 11:19 PM

Nov 2009
It wasn't a "THAT" bad anime thanks to its epic wow soundtrack, high production values and story potential, although it gained some infamy by its messed up plot direction due to bad execution, anticlimactic sequences(the ending was just one of them), and noticeable cliches(fanservice dosages to name a few) :P

Sep 6, 2012 11:48 PM

Nov 2010
I went into it knowing I would either love it or hate it. I ended up reallly not liking it, I wouldn't say hate. But Shu's character was a big let down for me, never knew what to do himself and always asking others to tell him. Gets lied to and deceived all the time and never does anything about it. The story had a cliche ending and just all around got on my nerves.
Sep 13, 2012 8:50 PM

Apr 2012
Yes it's bad and you should feel bad for thinking it's good.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.