Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2013 8:56 PM

Nov 2010
You could kind of see the foreshadowing of the Hitler thing earlier when his subordinates started using german words to speak of him...

I thought it was great! That was so over the top and ridiculous just like Cobra is supposed to be. This show was beautifully drawn and was very entertaining.

This was just a basically light-hearted action series that didnt' take itself seriously. I'm extremely glad I watched... Love almost every minute.
Jan 17, 2017 3:49 AM

Feb 2013
Dominique is alive.
And Hitler was Salamander, I can't say that I was expecting this.
May 2, 2017 2:51 PM

Jan 2016
It has been a really fun ride and the animation was top notch considering his lenght and that it's a 35 years old anime.

I also find the aesthetics of old school sci-fi shows fascinating, it reminded me of 2001-ya Monogatari.
May 31, 2017 12:52 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
LOL, Hitler. It's been a lot of fun watching this 35 years later. You don't get leading men like Cobra anymore. He's awfully politically incorrect in all ways and forms.

Johnnyd3rp said:
It has been a really fun ride and the animation was top notch considering his lenght and that it's a 35 years old anime.

I also find the aesthetics of old school sci-fi shows fascinating, it reminded me of 2001-ya Monogatari.

I also was astounded at how even the animation was throughout the entire run of the series, specially considering how they farmed out so many episodes to other studios back in the day. Cobra must have had a nice budget.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 17, 2017 5:20 PM
Aug 2014
Wait, that was Hitler? Thought the last episode was already pretty good, but that made it even better.

Dominque is alive, Lady is back, but unfortunately his friends died.

An easy 8/10.
Jan 28, 2018 6:22 PM

Feb 2017
I would have wiled the fuck out at this reveal had my idiot friend not spoiled it for me.
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
Apr 15, 2019 2:36 AM

Apr 2016
I thought they called Salamander fuhrer it was supposed to be a Hitler comparison, When I saw them saying "Third Reich" and throwing up Hitler salutes I thought "wow this comparison isn't very subtle" but no it turns out he was actually fucking Hitler. Just adds to the fun campiness to the series, solid 7/10 from me.
Aug 5, 2019 4:49 PM

Nov 2016
Now this was more to my liking, but too bad that the journey has already come to an end. There are more entries of this franchise, I'm sceptical if they have the same charm, tho.

Overall I really enjoyed this space adventure a lot. For once how silly und selfaware it was. It still managed to be pretty exciting. And most importantly, Cobra himself was an absolute hilarious badass.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 15, 2019 8:44 PM

Mar 2016
Well, it looked consistently great and the action was pretty engaging but there were a ton of episodes I didn't give a shit about. Weird how it started off with a lot of plot continuity and then veered into episodic stuff when usually it's the other way around. I imagine this was cut short because this last bit with Cobra's buddies and the conflict with Salamander felt like it was supposed to have a lot more episodes to fill it out. I laughed a ton when his pals were assassinated, not gonna lie.

It was okay, nothing special though. Favorite episode was probably the 'who's the spy?' one because the scenario gave the side characters a lot of personality for a change. Lady might as well have just been a robot, since she did almost nothing, but her voice was pretty sexy.

Older anime seems to have an obsession with pretty women and their doubles. Dominique not only looks exactly like her younger sister, because Cobra deserves a blonde no matter what I guess, but she also has a look-alike in the leader of this church. It's a curious thing.
syncrogazerOct 17, 2019 7:17 AM
Jul 31, 2021 7:48 PM

Aug 2017
So, we were fighting Hitler all the time. Huh, well it wasn't a big plot twist due to all references. I'm glad Dominique is still alive but it was a huge waste to kill Cobra's friends like that and it was too easy if u ask me. In fact, the pacing was too fast at first.

Overall, Space Cobra was a meh series. The arcs are better than episodic episodes despite the rushed conclusion in most of them. So many pointless deaths in this anime but its not something bad in my book. I like strategies in some battles despite the obvious plot armor.

5/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 27, 2022 8:34 PM
Master of Cursed

Aug 2011
I didn't get that Salamander was literally Hitler until the translator note at the end. Was so confused when he was like "So it was you" to the guy in the chair.

Can't believe Cobra killed Hitler's 3000 year old ghost.

Sad that the bro squad all had to die, they were pretty cool. But no one is safe from death in this series.

Never forget that Doug groped Hitler's ass

Jan 17, 2023 3:57 PM
Mar 2019
Shame Lady had no role to play through injury.
Enjoyed the ride, Rugball was my favorite Arc.
Jul 5, 2023 9:34 PM

Dec 2016
This is probably one of the 80s series that better exemplifies the characteristic charm and "magic" of that decade. Never watched it ever before, but doing it now was a fascinating trip back to that era in each of its 31 episodes. A shame we don't get more goofy-but-alpha-too male characters like Cobra anymore in present times.

And it surprises me the lack of higher appreciation when it's basically Cowboy Bebop's lost brother.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Space Cobra Episode 2 Discussion

Alcoholicide - May 25, 2014

10 by Caio_CRVG »»
Jan 7, 8:46 PM

» RIP The Legend

Sashhz - Sep 26, 2023

2 by DansTesReves »»
Sep 27, 2023 6:54 AM

Poll: » Space Adventure Cobra Episode 1 Discussion

Fronzel - Mar 28, 2012

14 by Ag2003gg »»
Mar 30, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Space Cobra Episode 18 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Jul 7, 2014

7 by T3chol3gTr3ndi »»
Feb 8, 2023 2:04 PM

Poll: » Space Cobra Episode 14 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Jun 18, 2014

9 by T3chol3gTr3ndi »»
Feb 5, 2023 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.