Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 6, 2012 2:03 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Damn! Wanted Chihaya to win so bad. Previous Queen is a cheap player for sure. They said in a previous episode, "the good players always know who took the card." She is flat out taking advantage of Chihaya's kindness. Dirty and BS, imo. I hope she plays her again one day and beats her like a drum. Love this anime, btw!!
Dec 22, 2012 7:49 PM

Dec 2012
I really can't believe Chihaya let herself lose to a person who needs to lie about hitting cards first. Least it felt like she was lying. I would have pointed it out too and made sure everyone heard that she needed to have cards given to her to stay competitive.

Chihaya should have just destroyed her confidence. But then again I'm mean.

Ugh the anime was really cool up until this point. I liked that everyone seemed to be playing fair and square then this cheesy bitch comes along. Kinda hopes her ugly ass gets hit by a bus.
Mar 9, 2013 8:17 PM

Jul 2009
yes im really shocked Chihaya lost!!

i mean she was on a roll!!!!

damn the previous queen taking advantage of Chihaya, but then again if your in a stack competition, you must use whatever it is necessary to win.

not to mention Chihaya kinda underestimated her just because she wasn't trying hard. she's the previous Queen for a reason.

then again Yumin laid back after winning the "Queen" title, then got beat badly by Wakayama Shinobu in just one year.

Chihaya was all fired up :(

i can't believe Yumin was able to come back after Chihaya being in the lead!

lol his coach helped the whole room to ease up, then again it was stupid to close all the windows in the first place since it was boiling hot in there. then again every sound counts

Chihaya!!!!!!!!!! T____T

Chihaya needs to strengthen her mental awareness and guard. don't let people get into your head, your better than that Chihaya!!!

hopefully Chihaya get's a rematch in season 2 or Wakayama Shinobu or Arata beat her badly!!!!!
May 14, 2013 12:20 AM

Jan 2013
Damn this episode is rated lowly.
I wish this anime had more fluid and slow motion shots of when they take the cards.
That's the most important part, but it's always split second and still framed.
May 16, 2013 11:19 AM
Dec 2008
wtf if you can just contest like crazy anything thats close, then what the fuck does this game become
its so stupid, hate the previous queen
May 24, 2013 11:04 PM

Jun 2011
itsvero said:
Ugh. Dammit, Chihaya, why did you have to lose to that picky bitch!

FUCK EVERY PEOPLE HERE THAT SAY YUMIN IS A PICKY BITCH, you guys really have no respect, for every game even 0.01 second counts, if you think you're faster, then argue for it, it's this type of personality that attracts me, I guess that's not the case for you guys, because-you-guys-are-blind-POS-that-think-that-the-beautiful-young-fapmaterial-MC-that-should-win-the-fight!

GO YUMIN!

bakuramariks said:
Aykino said:
Seriously, that Yumin chick was so annoying and b*tchy. She does not deserve to win if she acts like that! D:<

The ones who deserve to win are those who fight with whatever means necessary.
I paused at one point where Chihaya picked the card, but it looked like Yumin really touched it first. I don't know about the rest. Maybe that's her playing style - touching them and then claiming them.

I think you're forgetting that Yumin IS the PREVIOUS QUEEN, and she did train herself after her loss against Shinobu, Chihaya isn't even the strongest A class karuta player and you guys are treating her like a GODDESS already roflmao funny while Yumin was the strongest A class player, big difference, so stop yer bitching

gamerguy50 said:
I stand here in silence as I saw Chihaya lose this one, almost if I was right next to her watching (weird right?)
Losing to Yumin makes sense, I don't know why people are mad at her, from the calls I saw, she they looked legitimate and if you don't believe that, argue against her.
With only 3 episodes left, I have no idea how they can pull off an ending if Chihaya lost here. I hope another season comes though, this is one of the top animes I get to see each year.

I know right! I don't know why people are mad at her.. Maybe because she ain't as pretty as Chihaya or Shinobu, pfft people want moe/pretty nowadays, how low people have fallen. A strong heart is what we need, not a beautiful face. pfft
ToG25thBaamMay 24, 2013 11:08 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 26, 2013 4:54 AM

Nov 2008
Slow start at this episode..

I feel like Chihaya sometimes looks down on her opponents, like they don't stand a chance. She was playing against the previous Queen, should have known she wouldn't go down without a fight..
Jul 2, 2013 4:49 PM

May 2012
Quite action filled episode, it's sad she lost but well it was against the previous queen, but I do think she had a fair chance! Either way great episode actually!
Jul 14, 2013 7:56 AM

Sep 2009
tsk. another episode that pissed me off ><
why does this always happen? chihaya lost all her confidence again!!!
Jul 17, 2013 4:20 PM
May 2012
That kind of opponent can be annoying sometimes .I want to watch the next episode but time to sleep again.
Aug 19, 2013 8:58 PM
Jan 2013
I hate players who use mind games to win instead of improving their own game.
This episode pissed me off more than the one with the 'lucky' mother.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Sep 6, 2013 9:56 AM

Mar 2012
I really thought this episode was really weak, I mean...the previous Queen got her Queen title because she can sweet talk her way through any close encounters? That's her strong suit? being able to talk her way through anything? Give me a brake, that's really lame. ....1/5 for this episode surely the writers could have done better with the previous Queen, not something so stupid and childish. The simple fact that when she stopped doing it when she got the title of Queen and then lost, only proves she had no skill to begin with...just seems so unlikely that a player like her in real life would be able to make it past Class B.....eventually you'll run into someone with backbone and will call you on your BS

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 3, 2014 8:06 AM

Apr 2012
Wow Yumin is the Luis Suárez of karuta. Horrible cheating scumbag.
Jan 13, 2014 3:26 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

How are pissed off, Chihaya loses again because he can not be strong mentally.
Plot beating again on this point and the narrative without error exposes it in a manner consistent, excellent!
I understand, but not now that Chihaya has to fight with her nails without being intimidated, when opponents take up courage! ^ _ ^
Plot that has not only focused on that one point but has opened glimpses of other possibilities as a possible future adventure Kana as a reader. WOW
Narration amusing and pleasant, always takes me so much! It is a magnet for me! * _ *
Drawings and animations cute.
Yumin seemed docile and harmless, but she has been able to tell out the nails! Interesting character.
May 15, 2014 11:38 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
WTH, Chihaya started strong and she loses at the end because Yumin was contesting every card. Yumin has a dirty playing style, but in the end she did what she had to do to win.

I'm seriously getting ticked off at Taichi and Chihaya losing. I think it would be important for the group to do some mental practice because they obviously need it.

May 25, 2014 3:20 PM

Dec 2013
lol what an asshole ex-queen
Aug 27, 2014 5:29 PM

Jun 2012
Such a plain queen and if she doesnt have a camera to prove she was the first one to touch it then chihaya could have argue she touched it first.
Nov 23, 2014 1:00 PM

Oct 2009
"If I cant win, I'll bitch about every card untill everyone is so pissed with my bitching that they'll let me win only so they can hear me shut up" - Yumin.
Gib [img] plz
Nov 26, 2014 3:13 PM

Dec 2013
Wtf Chihaya.. she should fight her corner too..
Jan 27, 2015 4:45 PM

Apr 2012
This loss was so stupid... Why didn't Chihaya contest any of the cards?
Seriously, if I was Chihaya I would say something like: "No wonder you lost to Shinobu. You have pathetic skills and need to lie to win against average opponents. There is an abyss between you and the Queen."
Also, Yumin wasn't even seriously practicing for months. Chihaya losing this is so stupid it makes me want to facedesk.
Feb 17, 2015 12:47 AM

Oct 2014
BluexMage said:
This loss was so stupid... Why didn't Chihaya contest any of the cards?
Seriously, if I was Chihaya I would say something like: "No wonder you lost to Shinobu. You have pathetic skills and need to lie to win against average opponents. There is an abyss between you and the Queen."
Also, Yumin wasn't even seriously practicing for months. Chihaya losing this is so stupid it makes me want to facedesk.

exactly ! That's more then embarrassing to loose a game, which is so much under your control... If you loose your concentration just because your enemy win one fucking card, you should quit competitive sport !
Feb 22, 2015 11:53 AM
Feb 2011
Isn't the real rules for touching the target card at the same time something like, " If both players touch the target card at the same time, it is taken by the player whose territory it is in."

Also they should have a limit to the amount of challanges you can do like in most other sports.
Mar 12, 2015 5:02 PM

Oct 2013
Damn it, she lost so stupid! And I didn't like the way that girl complained...Also, Porky was cheering for her? Pffff....
Sep 11, 2015 11:17 PM

Mar 2014
Blazing aura . 10 years for desperation .
Tiresome passion . Poems of domination .
Tenacity in reasoning . The pain of overthinking .
AnimeLaver01Sep 11, 2015 11:21 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2015 2:24 AM

Mar 2012
bci110 said:
Lestrade said:
In the end Chihaya got too hot-headed again and lost her temper which leaded to her defeat. While it would have been great if she had won there's no denying that Yumin probably had more experience and also plays more tactical.

There's a difference between being tactical and being dirty. I though Yumin's playing in the second half was very dirty.

How do you know she was playing dirty though if Chihaya wasn't even sure if she actually got the card first? I did find Yumin calling every close play a pain in the ass but that's what you're supposed to do in the first place. Just shows who had more confidence that they got it first. Chihaya needs to get her shit together and be confident enough to argue the call if it's challenged rather then giving it to her opponent.

Also, Yumin is the previous Queen. It makes perfect sense that she beat Chihaya once she got back to her old self. I mean come on, Chihaya lost to some random old lady and had trouble beating a kid at the start. Had she beaten Yumin it would've meant that the old lady was good enough to be Queen lol.
Nov 7, 2015 4:25 PM

Sep 2013
What a shit karuta, feels more like she's cheating.

PS: why does our protagonist has down syndrome?

Always choking. This is annoying.
Nov 8, 2015 12:36 AM
May 2015
Maybe the ex queen wasn't cheating but still it looks like cheating. Chihaya lost to her and it was the expected result. But why no Arata in this episode? This anime way too focused about Chihaya and Taichi, don't even show Arata's playing and his way of thought during play.
Dec 20, 2015 10:36 AM
Jun 2013
Chihaya loses a lot. It's good for her development obviously, but dang! I've never seen a protagonist in an anime rack up this many losses.
Dec 31, 2015 9:29 AM

Mar 2014
NOOOO CHIHAYA BABE WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

SLAY THAT YUMIN BITCH SHINOBU
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 23, 2016 7:53 PM
Jun 2008
I hate Yumin.

For anyone that played any card game competitively, this particular kind of player is really annoying! They do anything to make you feel uncomfortable and unsure of your moves, I hate that!
Aug 31, 2016 5:59 PM

Aug 2014
Hahaha never expected that other people hated this episode as i did.

Was going to rant harsh if it was well received, so now im more calm.

Okay, this episode had a new character, totally fine by me.

But they handled her in a retarded way, the previous queen is a pile of shit and i want to fucking smash her head with a warhammer.

Plus how someone with a passion such as Ayase give away cards so easily? Plain fucking stupid.

Plus 2: Why repeat the same trick? cheering the player and suddenly he is good? Can't you guys move you brainass with a new trick? Fuck you coach

I was mad, and this episode is unfortunately the first bad episode of Chihayafuru, and i was going to rate this show a 9 or maybe even a 10.

But since the queen came, the bar has been risen and what do I get instead of the queen? Some drama and regular matches? okay not so good but i can still enjoy.

But now what? A new previous queen with a dickhead face and does scamming more than she breath? Shit!

I dont know if i will rate it 9 anymore!
Hoping for a good last three episodes to keep the show with a chance to go into my favorites.

Oct 24, 2016 9:17 AM

Dec 2014
well previous queen much....... I just realised chihaya lost does that mean she have to shave her head
Mar 21, 2017 1:10 AM

Oct 2012
Seems like her journey is still very long, very very long before she reach Queen
Probably like 100 episodes xD
"Signature removed"
Apr 19, 2017 9:32 AM

Feb 2008
So, Yamamoto can't gain an edge over her opponent without dragging the tempo of the match (as well as all the surrounding matches) to dirt. Charming. Not fun at all, definitely not for her opponents, not to mention the spectators.
Apr 23, 2017 6:37 AM

Feb 2013
Yumin is really annoying, I can't stand her at all, I want to see Shinobu destroy her.
Aug 27, 2017 6:05 AM

Nov 2016
The previous Queen showed some real determination, respect for that.

And I have to say that I'm a big fan of the backround portrayals of Chihayas opponents during the last episodes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 2, 2017 2:58 AM

Aug 2017
The ending was very sad . After Chihaya loose she seemed to be very disappointed. Chihaya loosed to that annoying woman . That was very sad .
Nov 29, 2017 11:39 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Chihaya lost...

I can already imagine how annoying playing Yumin would be.
Nov 17, 2018 12:43 AM
Jan 2018
So at first I hated Yumin because she is annoying, but I started to realize something about the show. Almost every lose Chihaya has, she gains some knowledge and learns from the game she played. With this logic, she is meant to learn to be more aggressive, when to contest, and how to handle being contested better. She is learning a new "Weapon", even though that weapon was presented as annoying as hell. I feel the big problem was with the way they handled the scene. They presented it as Chihaya being the fastest to touch the card. I feel they should have shown the card being touched by both of them so us as a viewer can understand that it was close and not just a lady lying for a free card.
Feb 3, 2019 8:32 PM
Apr 2016
That Yumin bitch can go die, dirty ass cheater... Poor Chihaya, should have won...
Feb 11, 2019 6:28 PM

Jun 2015
honestly i understand and can find a like to yumin's character, but i really dont like how she calls out for every card like that. it's disruptive and just rude overall, considering that she might've not even made it, and still calls to say that she did.
Feb 23, 2019 1:08 PM

May 2016
I felt bad for the girl but not anymore.
Nov 21, 2019 8:29 AM

Oct 2013
What can I say... I dislike Yumi, she seems to be rather an annoying and cheeky person. I don't like types of people like her. To think I felt bad for her at first.

RIP Chihaya's hair... ;-((
Dec 18, 2019 12:42 PM
Jan 2018
Chihaya you need more confidence if you feel that you reached the card first then contest don't just let the other player walk all over you
Jan 3, 2020 11:47 PM

Mar 2015
Doesn't look like Chihaya's up for the top, just yet!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 13, 2020 5:26 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
I did not like this episode. UGH that Yumi bitch really pissed me the fuck off. It was her smug attitude when she called things out and told her to move her hand. It was so grating. This show has a habit of making the opponents PAINFULLY unlikeable. I get that they are meant to be unlikeable but it goes a bit far when it makes me want to turn the show off. Also, Porky is such a damn traitor for supporting Yumi.

Otherwise, I'm loving the series. I'm just hoping for a couple of more relaxing episodes at the end of the series. It's surprising how tense a show about a poetry card game gets.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Mar 12, 2020 4:15 AM
Jun 2017
Lmao! But it's true annoying your opponent is a special skill in almost every sport
Mar 30, 2020 4:09 PM

Apr 2016
Chihaya's up against the previous queen. Man I really can't stand that Suihoku coach, feeding Yumi false words of encouragement and lying directly to her face for all that time. He should've been a little more honest with her.

Chihaya lost. Why did I even get my hopes up?
Apr 9, 2020 12:59 PM

Apr 2018
BDecker said:
Why don't they have judges watching each match to settle these disputes? Or even better, have a camera on the ceiling above each match so they know for sure? It seems really stupid to let players decide for themselves who touched it first, since a player like Yumin will just lie and say "I touched it first" wether they did or not and keep arguing until their opponent gives up.

I'm also a bit pissed at pork-kun (whatever his real name is) for rooting for Yumin. He should be rooting for his freind and teammate, not her opponent.

This tbh. It's like what if they're both stubborn-heads and then what? I forgot if they ever mentioned what happens if they can't conclude, what happens then?

Every time when Chihaya loses, she learns something new. So I feel that this will be a lesson for her to be more aggressive in the future. She's still learning. She is facing the previous Queen after all.
Apr 27, 2020 1:47 AM

Nov 2011
I really wanted Chihaya to win, but Yumin won it fair and square. Everyone here saying she was lying is full of it. If it’s extremely close and you think you touched it first, you absolutely should contest it.

Good episode.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

216 by minnaslay127 »»
Apr 24, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.