Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
May 27, 2011 2:28 PM
Apr 2011
Yeah Suzaku and Lelouch are together and all is kinda perfect but why there are still 4 episodes?
I hope nothing will happen that there is a damn end
Jun 12, 2011 1:20 PM

Feb 2010
Unexpected! wow. Emperor Lelouche?!

where is this series going? lol
Jun 12, 2011 6:36 PM
Apr 2011
So basically, Lelouche's father is pretty similar to Shinji's father, from Evangelion. Leaving daddy issues on his child due to abandonment, jaded from personal experiences, well-intentioned extremist, and executing a plan on the level of changing the very world as we know it.

Still, the series keeps it's usual array of awesomeness, but I'm kind of wondering just how they're going to occupy the last four episodes. Oh well! *Finishes*
Jun 30, 2011 11:59 PM

Aug 2009
This show is BULL!

Nothing is going right! x_x
Jul 15, 2011 10:21 PM

Jun 2009
Seriously show?! I can't drop you below a one......

10 episodes agp I woulda said Lelouche couldn't be more of a hypocrite, but I guess you learn something new every episode...
Well one thing I've learned from this experience, is that a princess is still a princesss even when she is naked.

Jul 27, 2011 9:13 PM

May 2011
This should've been the final episode.

The ending like this would have been perfect.

A true WTF moment lol.
Aug 18, 2011 10:22 AM

Mar 2011
I loved the Suzaku and Lelouch reunion at the end. However I couldn't fully undrestand how the Emperor and Marian intended to create that new world. By killing god ? It doesn't make much sense. Still it was REALLY great episode maybe the most EPIC in the whole season !!!
Sep 22, 2011 8:04 PM
Apr 2011
Code Geass is hands down one of my top 5 favorite animes...but can someone give me a non-complicated explanation of what happened in this episode.

Here's what I don't understand:
-What exactly is the Ragnarok Connection?
-Is it real or just an image implanted in the mind?
-How did Lelouch's Geass overpower his parent's Geass?
-Charles and Marianne wanted to create a better world, did anyone catch why the war happen then?

PLEASE POST THE ANSWERS ON MY WALL, I REALLY DON'T WANT TO HATE THIS SHOW!
Dec 7, 2011 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
Jetman2021 said:
Code Geass is hands down one of my top 5 favorite animes...but can someone give me a non-complicated explanation of what happened in this episode.

Here's what I don't understand:
-What exactly is the Ragnarok Connection?
-Is it real or just an image implanted in the mind?
-How did Lelouch's Geass overpower his parent's Geass?
-Charles and Marianne wanted to create a better world, did anyone catch why the war happen then?

PLEASE POST THE ANSWERS ON MY WALL, I REALLY DON'T WANT TO HATE THIS SHOW!

I was wondering the same thing. Furthermore, how did C.C. unlock her code? And how did they get out of there if Lulu sealed the entrance? And lastly, HOW IS IT POSSIBLE SCHNEIZEL DIDN'T REACT, WHEN HE CROWNED HIMSELF EMPEROR? HOW IS IT POSSIBLE NO ONE REACTED? He Geassed ONE ROOM OF PEOPLE. How can he just by doing that control 50% of the worlds population?
Dec 11, 2011 10:34 AM

Jun 2011
nihil said:
AMAZING EPISODE!

loved to see lelouch and suzaku being friends at the end :3

I didn't hate Suzaku as much as I did in season 1.. All Hail Lelouch!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 27, 2011 11:15 AM
Apr 2010
All Hail Lelouch!
Feb 25, 2012 4:34 PM

Aug 2010
This was beyond awesome. Seeing Lelouch and Suzaku working together after being through everything they have been made my dick hard
Mar 31, 2012 9:44 PM

Feb 2012
So Charles and Marianne were after Human Instrumentality all along. But for as much as you can compare Charles to Gendo and Marianne to Yui, Lelouch is more or less as far from Shinji as a man can possibly get.

I'm not sure how hypocritical Lelouch is. The Geass isn't an end in itself, it's a means to an end -- while the Ragnarok Connection, which Lelouch put himself in opposition to, is an end in itself. Lelouch clearly told Guilford that he would become evil to destroy a greater evil, and this has been consistent with both his ideals and actions. The Geass is truly evil, so the question remains, is there a greater evil in the world? If so, then I believe Lelouch isn't a hypocrite and is even justified in ascending to the throne. But if not...

Interesting to see Diethard with Schneizel and not the Black Knights, incidentally.

R2 has been an absolute trainwreck, but there's a good story somewhere in here, and at the very least, it's very enjoyable.
Jul 13, 2012 8:49 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode, although I wonder why he used the Geass, sort of making him the strong ruling over the weak. 5/5

Jul 14, 2012 2:24 AM

May 2012
Holy crap. Four more episodes to go? I just know everything is likely going to fall apart, but for now, YAY LELOUCH. :D *cough* I mean, all hail Lelouch.
Jul 31, 2012 3:08 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode. This episode was mindfuck.
All hail lelouch.
Don't really know what to rate this episode.
Sep 23, 2012 2:09 PM

Dec 2009
Oh fuck. He's working with Suzaku........ -_________-
Nov 1, 2012 12:51 PM

Sep 2011
HOLY SHIT is all I have to say. Damn, what a twist.
Nov 4, 2012 5:44 PM

Sep 2012
dtshyk said:
HoaRyK said:

Suzaku stands above all other Rounds being Knight of Zero - LOL

If the name "Zero" was a long-term foreshadowing for the "Knight of Zero", I have to give the greatest possible praise to the director Taniguchi.

THIS!
Nov 6, 2012 2:18 PM

Oct 2011
I don't have the words to express my feelings towards this episode. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but like... it was so ridiculous. I want to know what happened in the month between Charles and Marianne's "deaths" and Lelouch becoming Emperor.

When Lelouch started talking about why Nunnally smiles, I started crying so much. I feel like that's what the writers gave us to compensate for her quick death.
Nov 13, 2012 9:55 AM

Aug 2010
Woah! This is awesome. Lulu ftw!
Dec 1, 2012 10:06 AM

May 2012
Well one thing you cant knock CG for is you have no fucking idea of where it's going! Yay for Lelouch taking over the crown and him being friends with Suzaku again!

Sure the story comes across as random and preposterous at times but i'm still loving the ride! It's like the anime version of LOST... Geass even had an episode of them stranded on a weird island xD

(Among many other similarities!)
Dec 21, 2012 11:30 AM

Feb 2012
Charles and Marianne's explanations of their plan didn't make much sense to me. The chronology of events was very confusing.

* I assume C.C. was involved in the "plan" before she left?
* Ergo, Marianne was involved in the experiments before she was shot.
* When did they realize they needed C.C.? Before or after she left the order to V.V.?
* Why did C.C. leave in the first place? Once she could communicate with Marianne, what convinced her to leave? Was it just the fact that she was apprehensive of V.V. at that point? What bearing did that have on the experiments?
* Why did they need C.C. for the experiments? Why couldn't someone else suffice?

The pacing feels off at this point, but not too badly for the large part -- minus the fast-forward 1 month at the end.

The part I dislike the most is the plot tie-ins. It doesn't feel as complete as I'd have thought it would considering how much detail went into previous events.
Jan 9, 2013 12:08 PM

Jul 2011
Even though I got confused at some point and got like 80% of the episode I loved it. A lot of things got clear but I still couldnt understand everything ( like where geass even came from and where did this lady who gave C.C the code or whatever get it). Still epic. The end definitely made my day, all hail Lelocuh! Suzaku was so damn badass in the end XD Overall, Im starting to love the anime even more XD
5/5
Cant wait to see what they can come up with next
Jan 24, 2013 4:13 PM

Jun 2012
Confusing but epic pretty much sums up this episode.
Jan 28, 2013 2:57 PM

Jul 2012
EPICNESS!!!
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Feb 13, 2013 3:24 PM

Feb 2011
DAT WAS MAGNIFICENT XD

Lelouch having Geass in both eyes while being the emperor of Britannia , the biggest win i've seen in my life <3
Mar 2, 2013 3:49 PM

May 2012
SO MUCH REVEALED IN THIS ONE EPISODE!!!! FUCKING EPIC!!! ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!

Epic episode, we finally know the truth about his mothers death the real intention what his parents wanted to do and so much more! I wonder what he'll do now as he took the throne!

One epic episode that's for sure! Double Geass Powers FTW!
Mar 7, 2013 12:06 AM

Jan 2013
im surprised suzaku was cool with lelouch geass'ing all those people under his control. didnt he say geass was evil? that was the smartest decision though trying to take the emperor's place, never couldve guessed it. i thought this series was gonna end without lelouch gaining total control. excited to see how this will play out. glad he didnt freak out when his mom died, I was still kinda confused on what she exactly did though when him and Charles were talking before they died.
Mar 7, 2013 12:12 PM

Sep 2012
WTF I guessed at some usurping but not exactly like this.

What is LL doing? He knows he will be betrayed either by his new knight of 0. Or by his brother.

He was mad @ his parents using the Geass and such and wanting everyone to have the same truth and what not but wtf he still uses he Geass to control everyone at the end?

Contradict much?
Apr 14, 2013 3:43 AM

Dec 2010
Did they seriously tried to pull NGE? WTf, I didn't see this coming.
This episode was so full. But all would have been great if Lelouch didn't force his will on the nation of Britannia and Schneizel didn't sound like he was knowing that Lelouch will lose in the end.

Finally Lelouch uses his other eye once again.

dtshyk said:
If the name "Zero" was a long-term foreshadowing for the "Knight of Zero", I have to give the greatest possible praise to the director Taniguchi.

My thoughts exactly :0
May 6, 2013 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
Well... I did not expect this.
Jun 22, 2013 4:34 PM

Feb 2013
Finally Suzaku joined Lelouch, I've been waiting for this moment forever.

Looks like the roles have reversed, Lelouch is now the oppressive Britannia while Schniezel (new Zero) and the Black Knights are now rebelling.

But that was a big jump though...what exactly happened between Charles' and Marianne's death, and Lelouch succeeding to the throne?

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jun 27, 2013 3:59 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
thatguy said:

The problem is that this pretty much is an example of a Xanatos Gambit. This was also a major problem with Bleach for some people but since that show isn't so cerebral and what not people don't really mind. The whole thing with Marianne being a "bad guy" all along and Charles taking a page of Gendo's notebook is the equivalent of It was all a dream. In a way it undermines the main protagonist and co. entire mission since they were being manipulated from the start. The whole thing with the C's actually being the consciousness of all mankind was weird too. Weren't they supposed to be older than mankind? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

This episode was hilarious. I was entertained but I can see why people disliked Season 2 instead of 1. 1 was slower paced and more about political stuff. 2 is break neck speed and ramps up the metaphysical stuff. Yeah yeah I know the whole Geass thing was magical stuff too but it's all about suspension of disbelief I think for alot ofpeople it broke with this episode.

Thus why I found this episode to be more ridiculous than "mindfuck". This required a lot of suspension of disbelief for me, especially with the collective consciousness and how Lulu Geass'ed them. They don't have eyes D: I could overlook the being able to use Geass by reflection because at least we still see the eyes, but a collective consciousness can't have eyes, unless I'm missing something. Honestly I actually like season 2 more than season 1, because for more than half of season 1, I was pretty much bored. Season 2 had interesting character developments regarding Lulu, Suzaku, and Rolo. It was surprising, yeah, that Marianne turned out to be on Charles' side and their true goal, but still, how the rest of this episode went down just didn't sit well with me unfortunately.

Alexius said:
mulderman said:
Mom Dad! You cannot force your will onto other people! I wanna live in the realistic world.
Hey guys! I'm the new Emperor! What? You disagree? GEASS!!!!

Seriously Lelouch is a asshole.

An asshole with some sense of ideals, at least.

I laughed so hard. I swear this whole season Lulu's been going back and forth, from an understanding person, to being a tyrant. But I can accept this because I think that he and Suzaku are both broken beyond repair, despite still having their original ideals. Death flag raised for both of them.
Jul 3, 2013 1:54 PM

Dec 2012
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!
Jul 27, 2013 1:17 PM

Jul 2012
WTF/10

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK OMG I died laughing when Lulu introduced Suzaku as his Knight of Zero. WHAT IS GOING ON I CAN'T EVEN

Anyway, the whole plot turned too fantasy, especially with this episode, so I'll probably dock some points off the final score. It's at a solid 8+ though.

I still don't get what the Ragnarök Connection is. IT ISN'T REALISTIC AT ALL. THINGS LIKE THAT DON'T JUST HAPPEN IN THE REAL WORLD. OMG STILL LAUGHING SORRY HAHAHA

ANYWAY. Now I am anticipating how things will turn out. I already know that a certain someone dies in the last episode after a certain someone else kills him.
Aug 12, 2013 6:53 PM

Jun 2013
This just gets better and better

Aug 17, 2013 9:39 PM

May 2013
Too much going on...
- Mr Invincible aka Charles, gets killed by Lelouch
- Suzaku becomes his knight..?
- Marianne's murder was different from how I anticipated it.
- Will Lelouch now rule using his Geass?
- Will Nunnally get her eyesight back?
TomangoAug 18, 2013 7:21 AM
Sep 2, 2013 4:43 PM

May 2011
This episode was pure epicness! How can people claim the plot just got nonsensical and incomprehensible out of nowhere? The show was clearly heading in this direction from the very beginning. I was expecting great mindfucks, and I’ve finally got them. :D Charles’s plan gave me quite the Evangelion flashback, too.

And that ending, oh man, oh man-- ALL HAIL LELOUCH!
Oct 29, 2013 9:37 AM
Sep 2013
I guess ragnarok would have been a similar thing to Evangelion's primordial paste. Where everyones thoughs are interconnected in some sort of smudge. Which would make the world a very boring and icky place.

Good thing they stopped that from happening.

But yea I stopped taking this show seriously a while ago. It's pulling tons of twits out of it's ass. It is though still very entertaining.

Now Lelouch just has to order the dissolution of Britannia to give independant freedom to the countries..
Jan 4, 2014 7:13 PM

Dec 2012
Wow this episode had a lot of stuff. When Lelouch started crying I actually started to tear up as well. The talk about Nunally was just feel worthy. Pure awesomeness at the end and frankly Suzaku I dont hate you as much.
Jan 18, 2014 4:39 PM
Mar 2012
Still a good series, but I liked it when it was more political/drama/war and less mecha/fantas (although I like the robots in this one as it hasn't been over the top).

This was borderline NGE level's of philosophical babble and navel gazing.
Jan 19, 2014 1:26 AM

Nov 2013
Epic episode. Lelouch becomes emperor, Suzaku sides with him, Lelouch's father is killled, V.V. was the one who killed Lelouch's mother, his mother transferred her memories to Anya with the power of Geass?! HOLY SHIT IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

Jan 31, 2014 2:29 PM
Jan 2014
that was amazing seriously this just keeps getting better that ending was crazy so unexpected i am confused though by charles's plans the ragnrock thing might need to watch this one again to get a better understanding
Feb 28, 2014 12:26 AM

Jul 2011
my reaction during this episode
draw on his face do it DRAW A PENIS!!!
lulu speaks da trut
how are they getting in if its locked
im still confused on cc part in all that
why suzaku even there shuddup
2 eyed geass your so fucking awesome!!
did he just kill god? wut wut wut ??????
LELOUCH YU B EMPEROR NOW!!!!
I LOVE YOU NOW SUZAKU HAVE MEH BABIES
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!!!!

i was so mindfucked i rewatched it 3 times
this is how the series shoul'dve ended imo

when lulu spoke of nunnally's smile i cried
suzaku made up for 2whole seasons worth of hatred in 1 scene O.o he better not betray me now

so everythings turned around schnitzel is with the bk's while lulu and suzaku are emperor and knight of zero i love it
Mar 15, 2014 2:24 PM
Jan 2014
This episode was absolutely magical. Can't wait for shit to hit the fan though.
Mar 29, 2014 6:05 PM
Oct 2012
Are people really surprised that lelouch became emperor? Has that not been one of his main goals for the entire show? Anyway pretty good episode, some good reveals. Unfortunately there has just been so many crazy twists and turns in this show that I am no longer surprised by anything much. My reaction is generally just "oh, okay". Still, it's an entertaining show.
Apr 19, 2014 5:22 PM
Apr 2014
All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch! All Hail Lelouch!
Apr 21, 2014 3:32 AM
Mar 2014
This was amazing! I was dissapointed that Marianne turned out to be like Charles.
And now Lelouch is Emperor! WTF! All Hail Lelouch!
But I'm kind of afraid, that in the end Lulu is going to die. That would be the worst outcome! ! !
Apr 24, 2014 3:17 PM

Oct 2013
What the fuck man this show really took a weird turn. Marianne ended up being a villian just like Charles. V.V. was the real badguy, but Charles and Marianne were going to create a world even if it meant ruining everyone elses existence? the flying fuck man. This show got so whacky and weird for me. I am REALLY wondering how this will end.
Pages (12) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Kallen's future after ending

Arminken - Apr 26

5 by Arminken »»
Apr 26, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.