Forum Settings
Forums

that anime that wont be forgotten. (10yrs time..)

New
Mar 4, 2012 2:35 AM

May 2011
im thinking naruto,bleach and gintama :L
please make my breakfast every morning for me sweet cheeks! *bowling position"
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 4, 2012 2:37 AM

Sep 2010
since I'm not into mainstream or endless animes, mine would be NGE? perhaps
Mar 4, 2012 2:40 AM

Sep 2010
The fact that you know what mainstream anime are is a comment on their notoriety, even if you are too ashamed to name them yourself.

Detective Conan has an entire city devoted to the show. I think that show will be remembered 10 years from now.

Mar 4, 2012 2:41 AM

Aug 2010
kain361 said:

Because the highest selling anime ever NGE isn't mainstream.
Mar 4, 2012 2:51 AM

Sep 2010
KeiranShikari said:
kain361 said:

well I meant animes like Naruto, Bleach, one piece and stuff
Mar 4, 2012 2:57 AM

May 2011
Eva is memorable as fuck.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Mar 4, 2012 2:58 AM

Aug 2010
You rate stuff like Raildex and F/S night really highly, there's no reason you wouldn't like the big shounen titles. Just saying.

Anyway, as for shows that have aired in the last few years, I expect stuff like Clannad, Monster FMA, Haruhi, Geass, TTGL, Aria, Death Note, Baccano ect will still be popular.

Anything that's more than 10 years old now and still popular will probably remain so.
Mar 4, 2012 2:59 AM
Mar 2011
KeiranShikari said:
kain361 said:

bull crap sales does not = mainstream talk to any new Japanese Otaku ask them to name an anime they will say one of sx Sazea san Doraemon Maruko chan nintama rantaro Conan and One piece

eva is just under 20 and still has one of the biggest fanbases in the world when it comes to anything animated but stiil in moneymakeing its still a Distant 6th year on no year in japan the top 3 franchise's in japan via shree money makeiing vallue [ so ie the most mainstrem are the three big toku franchises Kamen rider Sentai Ultra

FYI eav is one of my faves and is also one of the only anime made in the last 15 years that has hd ant historic impact on the medium
DateYutakaMar 4, 2012 3:07 AM
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Mar 4, 2012 3:01 AM

Aug 2010
Oh shush, anyone that has been around the anime community for more than 5 minutes knows about NGE.
Mar 4, 2012 3:03 AM

Sep 2010
KeiranShikari said:
You rate stuff like Raildex and F/S night really highly, there's no reason you wouldn't like the big shounen titles. Just saying.

there is:) hate them actually, anyway I agree with those you just listed except CG and FMA.
Mar 4, 2012 3:08 AM
Mar 2011
KeiranShikari said:
Oh shush, anyone that has been around the anime community for more than 5 minutes knows about NGE.

and laso i takeing about general pop pop culture impact
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Mar 4, 2012 3:08 AM

Aug 2010
24601 said:
KeiranShikari said:
kain361 said:

bull crap sales does not = mainstream talk to any new Japanese Otaku ask them to name an anime they will say one of sx Sazea san Doraemon Maruko chan nintama rantaro Conan and One piece

eva is just under 20 and still has one of the biggest fanbases in the world when it comes to anything animated but stiil in moneymakeing its still a Distant 6th year on no year in japan the top 3 franchise's in japan via shree money makeiing vallue [ so ie the most mainstrem are the three big toku franchises Kamen rider Sentai Ultra

FYI eav is one of my faves and is also one of the only anime made in the last 15 years that has hd ant historic impact on the medium

Still a sucky anime though.
Mar 4, 2012 3:11 AM

Jan 2008
Anime_Name said:
The fact that you know what mainstream anime are is a comment on their notoriety, even if you are too ashamed to name them yourself.

Detective Conan has an entire city devoted to the show. I think that show will be remembered 10 years from now.

It already is a memorable one. It's been on for like ever. xD
Mar 4, 2012 3:15 AM

Sep 2011
Cowboy Bebop definitely.
No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me
Like I care at all
But it was so loud
And you sure could yell
You took a stand on every little thing
And it was so loud
Mar 4, 2012 3:15 AM
Mar 2011
KeiranShikari said:
24601 said:
KeiranShikari said:
kain361 said:

what

Mar 4, 2012 3:16 AM
Mar 2011
Soliloque said:
Cowboy Bebop definitely.

nope pop clure impact in japan was not big enough

Mar 4, 2012 3:23 AM

Aug 2010
24601 said:
Soliloque said:
Cowboy Bebop definitely.

Implying the west gives a fuck about how well it did in Japan. Stuff like that and Trigun will remain popular here because we have better taste than Japan.

24601 said:
KeiranShikari said:
24601 said:
KeiranShikari said:
kain361 said:

what

A mash up of terrible characters (Misato Katsuragi was an exception) average battle of the week formula, meaningless religious symbols to make it seem DEEP. It certainly fits in well with Japan's other top selling anime in Bakemonogatari, K-on and Lucky Star.
Mar 4, 2012 3:28 AM
Mar 2010
Pokemon, Digimon, Macross, Yu-gi-oh, Fate series.
Lots of Key and Ghibli related stuff.
Elfen Lied, Death Note, Evangelion, Code Geass, Haruhi, Rozen Maiden, Spice and Wolf, Wolfs Rain, most of 1000+episodes and still going anime
BRS, K-ON! Baka Test maybe.
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 (good chance it will come up again when a big earthquake hits Japan)
Mar 4, 2012 3:29 AM

Sep 2010
Key animes sure deserve it though I prefer Madhouse doings
Mar 4, 2012 3:36 AM
Mar 2011
KeiranShikari said:
24601 said:
Soliloque said:
Cowboy Bebop definitely.

Implying the west gives a fuck about how well it did in Japan. Stuff like that and Trigun will remain popular here because we have better taste than Japan.

24601 said:
KeiranShikari said:
24601 said:
KeiranShikari said:
kain361 said:

what

A mash up of terrible characters (Misato Katsuragi was an exception) average battle of the week formula, meaningless religious symbols to make it seem DEEP. It certainly fits in well with Japan's other top selling anime in Bakemonogatari, K-on and Lucky Star.

its stiil not as big in general pop clutre in japan than any of the six naime i mentioned

Mar 4, 2012 3:49 AM

Aug 2011
kain361 said:
KeiranShikari said:
there is:) hate them actually

Reason?

KeiranShikari said:

>Hasn't watched it.

Mmmkay.
Tiago97Mar 4, 2012 3:52 AM
Mar 4, 2012 3:56 AM

Sep 2010
Tiago97 said:
kain361 said:
KeiranShikari said:
there is:) hate them actually

Reason?

KeiranShikari said:

>Hasn't watched it.

Mmmkay.

didn't mean fsn or raildex, but endless ongoing animes in general
Mar 4, 2012 3:57 AM
Mar 2011
KeiranShikari said:

no you don't why do you think mostly poor stuff gets the rub in the west over the better stuff bleach over conan us tv companies are stupid they put conan on at the wrong time of the day so it failed

and you have bad taste in gundam w over zeta bull shit g over 0079 you have no taste

Mar 4, 2012 4:01 AM

May 2011
kain361 said:
Key animes sure deserve it though I prefer Madhouse doings

agreed.
please make my breakfast every morning for me sweet cheeks! *bowling position"
Mar 4, 2012 4:03 AM
Mar 2011
madhouse anime will be remember cause rintaro is a biiger name to fans than any key guys are

Mar 4, 2012 4:06 AM

Apr 2011
The monogatari's have a shot.
Mar 4, 2012 4:08 AM

Aug 2011
kain361 said:

I will ask again: what is your reason for hating them?
Mar 4, 2012 4:08 AM

Aug 2011
Obviously Boku no Piko, anime newbies will be trolled with it far into the future.
Mar 4, 2012 4:09 AM

Sep 2010
24601 said:
its stiil not as big in general pop clutre in japan than any of the six naime i mentioned

Thousands upon thousands of video sales, TV ratings, and movie tickets say it is popular enough. Whether it is more or less popular than what you like is entirely not the point of this topic.

Mar 4, 2012 4:09 AM

Jan 2010
I'll never forget Death Note. Ever.
Mar 4, 2012 4:22 AM
Mar 2011
Anime_Name said:
24601 said:

Thousands upon thousands of video sales, TV ratings, and movie tickets say it is popular enough. Whether it is more or less popular than what you like is entirely not the point of this topic.

no its not just what i like the wider viewing pubic in japan says they like it

Mar 4, 2012 4:28 AM

Sep 2010
24601 said:
Anime_Name said:
24601 said:

I was referring to the people in Japan and how high NGE generally gets. All signs point to them liking it. Now if you feel there are other anime that will be remembered in 10 years, say it but do remember that it in this thread isn't a popularity contest.

Mar 4, 2012 4:35 AM

Dec 2011
Remember that sales doesn't correspond to how likely it will be remembered.

If you asked people to name a song from the late 1990s then probably the most commonly named song would be Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On, despite the fact that Candle in the Wind (1997) sold more than twice as much. Being the single biggest selling single since charts began, Candle in the Wind is hardly forgotten, but it's not anywhere near as well known or remembered as other songs which, by comparison, had vastly lower sales.

Popularity at the time doesn't necessarily lead to its notoriety lasting a long time. This is true in any form of entertainment - music, art, literature, and probably anime too.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 4, 2012 4:36 AM

Sep 2010
Tiago97 said:
kain361 said:

because they are endless and they are everywhere
Mar 4, 2012 4:40 AM
Mar 2011
Anime_Name said:
24601 said:
Anime_Name said:
24601 said:

I was referring to the people in Japan and how high NGE generally gets. All signs point to them liking it. Now if you feel there are other anime that will be remembered in 10 years, say it but do remember that it in this thread isn't a popularity contest.

is 16 yesr old and is still talkied about and wont be fogot so bringing that up in this thread was/is and shall ever be pointless

Mar 4, 2012 4:47 AM

Aug 2011
kain361 said:
Tiago97 said:
kain361 said:

Well, having more episodes of a show you like shouldn't be a bad thing...
...but you haven't even tried them, so you wouldn't know whether you like them or not.

You pretty much hate them just because it's cool to do so.
Mar 4, 2012 4:52 AM

Sep 2010
Tiago97 said:
kain361 said:
Tiago97 said:
kain361 said:

Well, having more episodes of a show you like shouldn't be a bad thing...
...but you haven't even tried them, so you wouldn't know whether you like them or not.

You pretty much hate them just because it's cool to do so.

dunno if it's cool or not technically I don't watch any "currently airing" animes, no idea actually I just hate them that's all;)
Mar 4, 2012 4:59 AM

Aug 2010
You dislike waiting weekly, you don't hate the anime it's self.
Mar 4, 2012 5:00 AM

Sep 2010
24601 said:

is 16 yesr old and is still talkied about and wont be fogot so bringing that up in this thread was/is and shall ever be pointless

Welcome to the anime discussion on MAL. Pointless is what's for dinner.

Mar 4, 2012 5:09 AM

Sep 2010
KeiranShikari said:
You dislike waiting weekly, you don't hate the anime it's self.

that might be the reason actually last time I tried to keep up with ongoing series, it was Death Note...didn't watch ongoings since then.
Mar 4, 2012 5:09 AM

Dec 2011
I'll say the Suzumiya Haruhi series.
Mar 4, 2012 5:10 AM

Oct 2009
I imagine Cowboy Bebop and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya will still be.
Mar 4, 2012 6:19 AM

Dec 2011
Wow...

OK yeah... My list

Evangelion (cult classic)
Death Note (modern cult fav)
Macross saga (still alive and kicking)
Conan (I wouldnt be surprised if its still on lol)
Bleach, Naruto (long running and has a crazy fan base)
Code Geass (kinda up in the air on this one though)
Afro Samurai (cult fav)
Bubblegum Crisis (classic)
FLCL
Ghost in the Shell (classic)
InuYasha
Lupin III (classic)

Mar 4, 2012 7:21 AM

Sep 2010
Mindzable said:
Pretty much the same :)

Code Geass
Death Note
Clannad
One Piece

and School Days with the sickest ending :D

think school days is remembered already pretty well
Mar 4, 2012 7:24 AM

Dec 2009
Dragonball and my other favorite animes

Mar 4, 2012 7:46 AM

Mar 2012
Doraemon
Mar 4, 2012 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
24601 said:

and you have bad taste in gundam w over zeta bull shit g over 0079 you have no taste

What is this based on? Zeta and 0079 both have higher scores than wing and G on this site.
Mar 4, 2012 7:56 AM

Jun 2010
Clannad ~ x3
Mar 4, 2012 8:12 AM
Mar 2011
jpem said:
24601 said:

What is this based on? Zeta and 0079 both have higher scores than wing and G on this site.

gnreal fans and the fact that zeta and 0079 did not get tv run in us

Mar 4, 2012 8:15 AM

Sep 2011
Clannad & Clannad: After Story.

When I was depressed Friday night, and on the verge to take my life, I put in my Clannad DVD and that's why I'm here, typing this today.

I can't forget an anime that saved my life.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 hours ago

11 by Avicebrons »»
8 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 hours ago

18 by Ratris_Decision »»
24 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream? ( 1 2 )

BroDa2545 - Apr 16

53 by maya2003s »»
24 minutes ago

» What if all characters, not just main, had infinite mana?

Catalano - 1 hour ago

1 by romagia »»
25 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

88 by Atmogenic »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.