Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
May 4, 2013 8:57 AM
Feb 2012
9.5/10
The story was DEEP. Hell, so deep that I wasn't able to pause throughout. It's a big, big deal here. I would like to give this a perfect score, but somehow, the Tomoe kid wasn't a truly likeable character (yet a character that you'll feel bad for, considering what he's going through) and unexpectedly, less Shiki... but more Touko! Good substitute!
The animation and action scenes. F*cking stunning! Music: very balanced and of high quality.
Overall, easily the best Garden of Sinners film out there. Would love to revisit this again sometime.
Jun 3, 2013 4:51 PM

Mar 2012
10/10
Spectacular movie, definitely my favorite Kara no Kyoukai movie so far :)
Jun 23, 2013 7:00 AM

Nov 2012
DAMN! this episode.. is really fuchking awesome.. XD
I love it so much.. this episode is most awesome so far I think :3

it is not boring and cool.. I like those bloods and organs in this episode XD yummy! XD

damn! I was shock when seeing touko's heart is destroyed by araya.. :3
if touko was really dead.. I dont know what to say.. I'm really sad..

but I was really cheering when seeing touko is come again to help mikiya XD

seriously in the end shiki was really cool with that sword XD I hope that sword is still exist in the next episode :3

btw in the end shiki was really damn cute XD when she's requesting mikiya's house key XD

and looks like next episode would awesome too XD :3
I cant wait azaka and shiki school together? CMIIW :3
Jun 30, 2013 11:46 AM

Jan 2012
WOW, this was confusing at first, so watched it again. You really need to focus really well to understand for my case. But overall this is one of the best so far and will watch the rest later on the day. I kinda teared up a little about Enjou and his story.
Jul 3, 2013 9:51 PM

Oct 2012
All I can say is that this was a flawless masterpiece.
Aug 8, 2013 3:25 PM

Jan 2012
kdog7815 said:
All I can say is that this was a flawless masterpiece.

Can only echo this.
The plot was AMAZING. It was so INTERESTING, HAD MINDFLIPPING TWISTS, and amazing character development.
Oh and the OST was as good as always.
Really did get attached to Enjou in this movie, and when Touko said that Araya made a mistake, i lost it.
Oh and i lost it when she came back into the hotel.
Lost it alot throughout this movie i guess.
Aug 24, 2013 5:13 AM

May 2012
03:15 no blood on the knife? wth

10:52 KONO BAKA!

25:43 kare wa zonbi o mita

43:43 young Toukochan so cute

SPEECHLESS. 10/10 masterpiece.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 24, 2013 4:12 AM

Jan 2011
Finally got around to watching this and this didn't disappoint me. This was fucking AMAZING! I was confused for the majority of the anime but it all made sense towards the end when Shiki came back. This film had really good in-depth writing. I just loved the plot twists, totally caught me off guard. You have to pay attention while watching this movie or else you'll be really confused. The OST was fantastic it really amplified the intensity of the film, love you Yuki Kajiura. Shiki is such a badass, you've got to love her. Tomoe was a really great character, loved his character development and interactions between Shiki and Kokotou. Shiki blushing at the end while asking for a key to Kokotou's house was really cute. :) This is truly one of the best anime films I've ever seen, and a mind-fucked one too. xD
10/10
Sep 30, 2013 9:17 PM

Jan 2013
This movie really lived up to the hype I've heard so much about. Amazing animation with an incredible soundtrack and unique story (excluding other Type Moon works). Even though this is the first movie to continue in order of the storyline, it was cool how they kept showing future and past scenes mixed in. I'm still feeling chills from this
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Nov 28, 2013 5:47 PM

Oct 2008
I finished watching the whole series, and definitely the 5th one is where it peaked (it went disappointingly down after). Aozaki's badass moment had me whooping, she's my favourite character of the series.

I felt a lot more sympathy for Enjou Tomoe, felt like had a lot to offer as a person and not just a mere character, in one movie compared to Kokutou in seven movies. Hell I was feeling almost teary eyed at the end. This proves that they could definitely introduce and successfully flesh out a character in a single movie. Personally I think Kokutou (and Shiki to some extent) doesn't feel like a "real" person. He's nice but that's about it, hell his sister had more character development and she has zero impact in the story. He's more of a compass than a person.
Nov 29, 2013 8:24 PM

Jul 2013
Masterpiece! I only knew about the Kara no Kyoukai movies after watching a short fight clip of Paradox Spiral in Youtube. I realized then that there were 7 movies. I wanted to watch this first but I decided to follow it from the start. So far I really enjoed KnK but Paradox Spiral tops them all. I really love it from the very beginning. The fight scenes were amazing, the background music was superb and the development is really great. I loved Enjou. Never really cared for Mikiya. I really hoped that Enjou would survive in the end. I absolutely loved his confession. I enjoyed his interactions with Shiki and the part where he said that even though he was a fake, his feelings for Shiki were real. Damn! I loved that part! Too bad he died but even so, he died an epic death. So sad for him. Well the cafe scene was heartwarming and overall this was one of the very enjoyable 1 hour and 54 minutes of my life. No regrets! Enjou x Shiki forevah! <3
Dec 25, 2013 3:34 PM

Aug 2013
When Aozaki was brutally killed, I was so sad :( But then, epic shit happen! I really though Mikiya was dead too, getting your head banged like this, it can be fatal.

Shiki with a saber is pretty epic. I like it more than a knife, though the knife is more original.

The paradox were really interresting. All the camera angle were really mindfucking. The building concept was really cool. I didn't understand at first what was it meaning, but the doll concept was clever. It's a tragic destiny, being a doll and not even knowing it.

I though at first that Tomoe was annoying and a bit boring, but in the end, is story was really interresting. Gnawed by remorse, he found comfort in Shiki.

Araya vision of his ideal was really interresting. It's true that not everyone are remembered and honored on the same level. Some people die in a total anonymity. Alba was really annoying though, and the way he squashed Aozaki made impatient of his death.

Seeing Shiki blush at the end was really weird and cute at the same time :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 26, 2013 2:32 AM

Jul 2012
I can rewatch this forever.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Jan 5, 2014 9:01 AM

Sep 2013
Rewatched this too, for the first time. I never grow old to the OST, it's near perfection. :3 And the plot is naturally really interesting with a ton of rewatch value because of the constant jumping in places and time.

Wish there was more stuff in the Nasuverse, I really love the world KnK explores. Shiki is perhaps the most badass female character also, imo.

I never get used to how well Ufotable can animate backgrounds, transitions and fight scenes.
Jan 14, 2014 7:43 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, what a movie :o

The previous 4 were too short but this one was something else.
Cant wait to see the next one ^_^
Jan 24, 2014 8:52 PM

Jun 2013
This was excellent.

Feb 6, 2014 6:42 PM

Dec 2012
It's a strange sensation, I can't even begin to describe what I've just watched, but it all came together and I was able to make sense of most of it. And even the things that didn't make sense added to the wonder and remained beautiful in the unknown. Just like the previous movies I've seen, this had some of the greatest art and animation I've seen and it went a step further with Shiki vs those corpses and the final confrontation with Araya.

Easily a 9/10, now I can see why this is so heavily praised.
Feb 25, 2014 10:28 AM

Jun 2013
What a film.

Animation quality and directing was Godly.
Plot was a bit confusing.
I'll probably re-watch it soon, so I could understand it better.
Mar 6, 2014 8:38 PM

Feb 2012
One of the best animated films ive ever watched and without a doubt the best Kara no Kyoukai movie. The last few films were good but this set the bar that others couldn't reach, it delivered and then some.
There's not really much to say besides they it will probably resonate with you more if your an expert or familiar with the TypeMoon/Nasu Universe. 10/10
Mar 19, 2014 5:09 PM

Aug 2012
I wasn't a fan of the ending, but that's probably because I have no knowledge about the Nasuverse.
Mar 19, 2014 8:09 PM

Sep 2011
ThreePercent said:
I wasn't a fan of the ending, but that's probably because I have no knowledge about the Nasuverse.

Wait, I'm kinda confused. What do you mean by that? Which part of the ending exactly? o_O

Much of Movie 5's ending has little to do with the Nasuverse as a whole and is actually based on real-world philosophy and religious concepts (most of it barely gets touched on in other Type-Moon works ever again and remains pretty isolated in KNK). It should also be noted that Kara No Kyoukai is Type-Moon's first published work, so knowing anything about the Nasuverse isn't some sort of requirement to understand the story and the concepts it goes into considering how it's the one that lays the groundwork of the lore in the Nasuverse.
ronriMar 19, 2014 8:18 PM
Mar 26, 2014 5:31 AM

Feb 2010
ronri said:
ThreePercent said:

Wait, I'm kinda confused. What do you mean by that? Which part of the ending exactly? o_O

Much of Movie 5's ending has little to do with the Nasuverse as a whole and is actually based on real-world philosophy and religious concepts (most of it barely gets touched on in other Type-Moon works ever again and remains pretty isolated in KNK). It should also be noted that Kara No Kyoukai is Type-Moon's first published work, so knowing anything about the Nasuverse isn't some sort of requirement to understand the story and the concepts it goes into considering how it's the one that lays the groundwork of the lore in the Nasuverse.

The Araya concept is used on the other works like Fate/Stay Night, this movie presented some basic concepts of Nasuverse, Touko even talk about Counter Guardians.
Mar 26, 2014 9:56 PM

Sep 2011
JoaoZangetsu said:
ronri said:
ThreePercent said:

The Araya concept is used on the other works like Fate/Stay Night, this movie presented some basic concepts of Nasuverse, Touko even talk about Counter Guardians.

Yeah I know it did, but the concepts used in KNK are mostly self-contained (in terms of how they're applied not necessarily their mention), and it's not like you need to know the rest of the Nasuverse to understand or contextualize what they're talking about in KNK. This is because a lot of "Nasuverse" concepts used in KNK are derived from real-life concepts/philosophy and it's much more obvious here in KNK than other Type-Moon works since it was their first published work where most of the ideas are written to stand on their own. In this regard, the following works that came after KNK simply expanded on the lore, not the other way around.
Jun 1, 2014 8:37 PM

Dec 2013
This movie was incredibly amazing. At times it was confusing and strange, but ultimately it is a masterpiece. The best of the series so far, deserves to be re-watched.
"Me ni wa me wo, ha ni wa ha wo, aku ni wa aku wo."
Jun 30, 2014 3:03 PM

Jan 2014
Err that was kinda confusing. Will rewatch soon to understand better, but a nice film overall.

8/10
Recommend me an anime
Jul 3, 2014 10:04 AM

Dec 2013
Lasting two hours to compensate for the previous one.

Splendid, truly one of the best in the series if not the best, the way of the story being told seems strange, but fits perfectly with the episode is like a spiral, switching between present, past and future. The soundtrack keeps the habit of being exceptional.

Shiki was so cute in the end when she asks for the key to kokutou.
Aug 14, 2014 5:55 PM

Jun 2012
Not as good as I thought itd be but still pretty good.
Sep 1, 2014 5:21 AM
Aug 2011
The best one so far. Only thing that bugged me was when the homeless guy called security and Tomoe's father was alive. It shouldn't be so because we knew that the Tomoe that ran away was fake and lived in the house 405, so they should have been dead until morning.

Well, maybe that was Araya's doing.
Sep 5, 2014 11:27 AM
Aug 2014
As most have already stated, absolutely brilliant! Love the switching back and forth between time periods and the 'loop' on daily life with Shiki and Tomoe. It really took about 20 minutes to get the hang on the events, and even then, it wasn't until the halfway mark that I could clearly piece together the story. Total mindfuck satisfaction.

I knew that Aozaki was a bad ass but, holy shit she's even more incredible than I imagined. I also loved the incorporating of real world philosophy and theories to explain Arya and 'who he is'. It also shows that all creation is flawed-as has been stated in previous films-but, that doesn't mean that one has the right to slaughter said creation on his whim. I'm starting to understand the title and these series of films definitely beg a deeper discussion. The soundtrack is so perfect and hauntingly beautiful as the art style is just dazzling.

10/10 Fucking Masterpiece.
Sep 27, 2014 8:55 PM

Nov 2012
This movie was obviously a magnum opus. It blended in the material of the previous movies together into the story of this movie for a great twist. They didn't just dedicate a movie to Fujino Asagami and Kirie Fujo for a petty reason. As always, the animation was high quality; the combat scenes were fluid, and the backgrounds were precisely beautiful all throughout the movie.

Enjou Tomoe. I love this guy. A ton of development was aimed at him who I thought was an uninteresting character. I couldn't have been more wrong now that I found myself attached to him. The tragic fate of Enjou Tomoe was what made him an interesting character of which I wished he didn't have to disappear in the end. He was a very nice character even if he had only appeared once in the KnK movie series.

10/10. One of the few anime that I could call a masterpiece.
Sep 30, 2014 3:11 PM

Jun 2014
RIP Rocket Pencils. Never forget.
Oct 17, 2014 3:12 PM

Jan 2013
Huge improvement from the previous 4 films imo.

Execution was flawless and the narrative was creatively done. It was definitely the most professional thing I've ever watched. This is actually making other films look bad in comparison.

I'm reluctant at giving a 10/10 when I haven't even finished the much talked about 7th film but this movie deserves it.

10/10
Oct 17, 2014 4:30 PM

Oct 2010
Adramelech said:
The best one so far. Only thing that bugged me was when the homeless guy called security and Tomoe's father was alive. It shouldn't be so because we knew that the Tomoe that ran away was fake and lived in the house 405, so they should have been dead until morning.

Well, maybe that was Araya's doing.

I may be wrong here, but I think the fact that the officer rang the doorbell triggered them to respawn. I think that's why Shiki decided to open the door to the Enjou apartment instead of ringing it.

Anyway, third time I've re-watched this and it gets better every time.

9/10 (joint favourite with movie 7)
Oct 17, 2014 6:20 PM

Sep 2011
spyrocoot said:

I may be wrong here, but I think the fact that the officer rang the doorbell triggered them to respawn. I think that's why Shiki decided to open the door to the Enjou apartment instead of ringing it.

Anyway, third time I've re-watched this and it gets better every time.

9/10 (joint favourite with movie 7)

Pretty much, by ringing the doorbell the officer incidentally caused them to repeat their cycle as if nothing had happened. As shown when Shiki and Tomoe entered the premises without knocking, the events proceeded as they were meant to instead of the cycle being repeated through outside interference.

Also yeah I definitely agree, this and and the 7th film are tied as the best films in the series.
Oct 26, 2014 2:43 PM

Oct 2012
Rewatched this. Somehow, the film is even better than I remembered it. In fact, I found most of the films more enjoyable the second time around (excluding film 4 because I was already well aware of the mechanics behind Shiki's power the second time around). Brilliant.
Oct 31, 2014 6:10 PM

Nov 2013
Not sure if it's the length or the content but this movie is better than the previous ones. The way the story was presented reminded me of Baccano! for some reason.

Most of the moments were done right but I think the best one was Tomoe's flashback when he went to his old home, what a good character considering the screen time he had. He is more fleshed out in the novel but the movie did a great job.

10/10
Dec 12, 2014 6:01 AM

Apr 2009
Those breath taking fights! 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2014
That was great. probably my favorite of the series. loved everything about it.

Damn i really did like Tomoe.

anyway great movie 10/10
Jan 12, 2015 12:28 PM

Mar 2013
Amazing movie. The best from the Kara no Kyoukai series I've seen so far. Infinitely superior. Tomoe Enjou's dispair, the hate of Alba Cornelius and the fights with Araya... Everything. Damn good.
Feb 15, 2015 12:17 PM

May 2014
Another great movie. I like how everything came together and made sense in the ending.

We get some info about Touko's past and about magus in general. And a very interesting scene that looks like a dream of Shiki. Was that afterlife? And that one was SHIKI? If Shiki and Tomoe were meant to symbolize Yin and Yang in this scene I guess it couldn't be SHIKI (since SHIKI represents the male side of her personality). I supposed it would be explained later on. We still haven't seen that blonde guy from the end of movie 4.
Feb 18, 2015 1:37 PM

Jun 2014
Holy shit,this was amazing.Best movie in the series so far.
Really good in every way possible.
Mar 12, 2015 11:31 AM

Dec 2013
Good but overrated.
Mar 23, 2015 6:51 AM
Oct 2014
10/10, masterpiece, deserves to be higher rated imo.

Bit confused as to how Shiki spoke to Tomoe at the end but I guess this series goes along with confusion lol. Counter force, remember that from F/SN. Shiki was great, Touko was great, Tomoe and Mikiya (though how did a normal human survive Alba's headbashing? Did Touko put a spell on Mikiya or something?) were also great, and Araya made a great antagonist. Alba was a bit cheesy but eh, passable. Was he that guy in F/Z?

That after credits scene, haha Shiki.
Mar 23, 2015 12:35 PM

Sep 2011
Drucoz said:
Bit confused as to how Shiki spoke to Tomoe at the end but I guess this series goes along with confusion lol.

Do you mean the dream or the sequence where Shiki was talking to Tomoe while she was still trapped inside the apartment? Due to Shiki's affinity and strong connection to the Origin, she was able to witness many events throughout history during the time while she was in a coma after being subdued by Araya (one of them being a conversation she had with Tomoe). In the case of the dream it's essentially the same reasoning (her strong connection to the Origin), rather the surreal presentation is meant to signify Tomoe's parting and farewell to Shiki.

Drucoz said:
Alba was a bit cheesy but eh, passable. Was he that guy in F/Z?

Indeed he was. In F/Z those were his glory days before he met Touko... XD
ronriMar 23, 2015 12:49 PM
Mar 24, 2015 6:15 AM

Jul 2013
I thought I'd try rewatching this film a second time and... And...

God, now that I actually understand the Nasuverse in its entirety, thoroughly immersed all the way through whilst enjoying the nonlinear continuity, picking up all these little details, practically teared up Enjou's story, and even got the CUTEST AFTER-CREDITS SCENE I HADN'T KNOWN WAS THERE BEFORE WHICH MADE THE 11/10 SCORE I ALREADY FOR IT UP TO 12/10.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, this is just too amazing, too amazing, everything about this movie is simply all too perfect...!

Mar 24, 2015 3:27 PM

May 2014
Amazing style of story telling. I was wondering how they could make a new character work, and oh boy did they pull it off big time. The animation and music are godly, and I love every single character in this movie.

The non-stop mindfuckery they use after the 40-minute mark is amazing, and the way they tie everything together is just brilliant.

10/10, best KnK movie so far. Hands down.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Apr 2, 2015 11:44 AM

Jan 2015
holy shit.

10/10.

im speechless. best movie yet. hope 6 can top this.

didnt think anything would personally top #3, but this blew the fuck out of the rest of the movies.
Apr 2, 2015 7:03 PM

Sep 2011
Grapekiwi said:
holy shit.

10/10.

didnt think anything would personally top #3, but this blew the fuck out of the rest of the movies.

Movie 6 is more of a "breather" sort of film after Movie 5. While Movie 5 serves as the climax for the supernatural elements of the series, Movie 7 on the other hand acts as the proper closure to Shiki and Mikiya's relationship.
Apr 2, 2015 7:10 PM

Jan 2015
ronri said:
Grapekiwi said:
holy shit.

10/10.

Movie 6 is more of a "breather" sort of film after Movie 5. While Movie 5 serves as the climax for the supernatural elements of the series, Movie 7 on the other hand acts as the proper closure to Shiki and Mikiya's relationship.

good to know. Ill get to both of those later tonight. been one hell of a ride though :)
Apr 5, 2015 11:58 AM

Nov 2014
Just rewatched it, great movie.

Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» OMG FIRST PLACE ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

5layer - Feb 2, 2009

963 by Zoshlog »»
Mar 14, 12:59 PM

» why peaple gave this episode low rate to be lower than it deserve? this episode is masterpiece

RCvvvv - Sep 17, 2022

17 by Phloup »»
Sep 17, 2022 4:03 PM

Poll: » which is the best ost from ufotable

filthyfrank8142 - Feb 4, 2022

6 by JJxy »»
Mar 29, 2022 5:58 AM

» best plot twist in anime history?

sabervergarden - Feb 12, 2021

10 by asaryo420 »»
Feb 4, 2022 11:59 PM

» Am I the only one who doesn't like Kokutou?

Albee98 - Sep 24, 2021

9 by 234Mannan »»
Oct 20, 2021 10:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.