Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Jul 20, 2014 4:25 AM

Aug 2009
Well this^

And lets forget about Iri for a bit, why are you so sure that Saber is an almighty Servant and that Lancer would just go away?

And your idea of "you are there do something" doesnt make sense.Sometimes you have to think of the situation and decide if it is better to act or not.
Clearly it wasnt a good idea.
Jul 20, 2014 12:14 PM

Aug 2009
Why is it so hard for you to understand that it s better to be there and LOOK for an opportunity instead of leaving everything to Saber and Iri who MAY also get into trouble.....which is exactly what happened?

It makes no sense for him to NOT be there when he MAY get some chances to kill an enemy Master or two.

He cant control a war between 7 different factions with several of them being unpredictable.This isnt an anime with IMPOSSIBLE levels of IQ like Death Note and Code Geass, where the enemies are always 10 steps behind without the MC doing anything.
Jul 20, 2014 12:53 PM

Sep 2013
Basically what ssjokg said, but I'll add my two cents.

guidodi said:
Exactly like you said, he predicted someone else would be there, (Lancer was inviting people to fight so it was easy to predict a few people to be there) and he went there anyway. If the fact that someone else being there, or Iri being there would prevent him from acting. My question is. Why did he even go if he predicted the situation and knew he wouldn't be able to act?? It isn't like someone attacked Iri out of the blue and he had to improvise to save her, he chose to go there when he could have just go home.

I'm sorry, but you don't seem to understand. If there's an opportunity, Kiritsugu will take it and an invitation from the enemy is an opportunity. Either way, Iri and Saber are his decoy who openly confront their enemies, so it wasn't wrong to go and take care of Iri and potentially get rid of an enemy. The entire war is over if Iri dies. He still got some useful information because he found out Assassin was still alive. It would have been ideal if Saber had decided to flee with Iri once he noticed Assassin is still lurking around, but poor communication and understanding prevented this.

guidodi said:
ssjokg said:

And lets forget about Iri for a bit, why are you so sure that Saber is an almighty Servant and that Lancer would just go away?

I am not saying he would go away but like I said if Kiritsugu was afraid that Lancer would attack him after killing Kayneth why would he even go there? This is a battle he chose. If he was so afraid for his life or Iri's he shouldn't go and just make a plan were he could control things.

Saber can take care of one Servant alone and protect Iri. Lancer wasn't the issue here, it was Assassin (and later on Berserker too). It's not about being afraid, it's about winning. Clear difference here. People can sacrifice themselves, others just throw away their lives. And again, why the hell should he not go if there's a potential opportunity? Iri and Saber are supposed to attract attention so Kiritsugu can find the Masters and kill them. If Saber had been the only one who took Lancer's invitation, Kayneth would have been dead already. It didn't happen so a retreat was the best option.

Besides, excluding very rare exceptions, no normal human, no magus, can match a Servant. You can't hit a spirit with normal sniper rifles and machine guns. Kiritsugu is the Magus Killer, not the Ghostbuster. Killing magi is his job. Saber takes care of the Servants, but she was clearly outnumbered and Iri defenseless, so he had to act.
Jul 20, 2014 8:35 PM

Sep 2013
guidodi said:
Maybe I didn't explained myself well, english is not my native language and it is hard sometimes. The fact that he didn't shot isn't what doesn't make sense to me, I wouldn't shoot either. What doesn't make sense to me is his REASON for not shooting.
I think Kiritsugu is a pretty smart guy. I ASSUME Kiritsugu isn't naive and knew he wasn't going to be alone from the start. In my mind there is absolutely no chance that he went there expecting to be alone with Lancer and his master. So If you go there already knowing that you are not gonna be alone, the fact that you are not alone can't be a reason not to shoot.

Again, the unpredicted factor is Assassin, a Servant. That throws off his entire planning. Servant battles also usually are 1on1 and no other Servants show up because no one is dumb enough to send out his Servant normally, when it's safer to observe the battle and see how two enemies are killing each other (making Caster's decision clever and Kariya's even dumber than Rider's). Kiritsugu can't be easily found out because his sneak attacks release no mana to detect. And again, he had no intention to go into battle, he wanted to use his rifle if a perfect opportunity comes up or he is forced to help Saber and Iri.

guidodi said:
C-Core said:

If Saber had been the only one who took Lancer's invitation, Kayneth would have been dead already. It didn't happen so a retreat was the best option.

Of course he would have killed him then, but you are the one that wrote a couple of posts ago that Kiritsugu already predicted someone else would be there and I agree with you, he knew. Kiritsugu went knowing that already and knowing he wasn't going to be able to take a shot. It is obviously not the best plan and I am sure that if he could he would snipe Kayneth from 800 meters with no one around. But he choose to go anyway, if he didn't wanna risk it he didn't have to go.

Anyway, we are not gonna agree on this. You both seem to think he went there just to look and wait for the remote chance that they were alone and I think that is imposible and that he already knew. It is just a difference of opinion.
[/quote]

Again, I'm not sure you understood the protecting Irisviel takes first priority part. They were given the task to attract full attention as the supposed Einzbern Master (and Iri wants to do most of the fighting for Kiritsugu), so taking Lancer's invitation was natural. If he only sends a familiar to observe, he can't save her if things turn ugly. This isn't about opinions and agreement, Kiritsugu's intentions and plans are thoroughly explained in the novel by the author. He only chooses to act when there's a perfect and safe opportunity or when it's absolutely necessary.

Fate/Zero Volume 1 excerpt:
Jul 21, 2014 1:12 AM

Sep 2013
guidodi said:
I didn't read the novels so some things might be different, but in the anime masters and servants can sense each other so she did know he was there and where.

Incorrect, this isn't portrayed in the anime, either. Who is "she"? Saber? No, she didn't know Kiritsugu was there until Iri told her so and Iri knew because that was the plan.

Servants do find each other very quickly if they are close, that's true, but this doesn't apply to Masters so easily. Kiritsugu doesn't use any magic, so it's almost impossible to find any trace of mana around him.

guidodi said:
"Kiritsugu, who arrived first at the battle scene, never thought that this fight would have only one team of observers."

That means he knew he wouldn't be able to kill anyone because he would be discovered and attacked immediately. Even if he wasn't expecting Assassin, he was expecting someone and no master would be there alone so servants being there was guaranteed. Let's suppose that Caster, Berserker or Archer were there instead of Assassin, the situation would be exactly the same and if Saber came to his rescue Iri would be unprotected. Like you said protecting her takes priority so taking a shot was out of the question from the start.

Caster is very unlikely, almost every Caster has a device to observe the battle and Berserker... is uncooperative. Anyway, yes the situation would be similar, but if there were only Masters or their familiars on the crane, Kiritsugu and Maiya would have a chance to take out Kayneth. When Assassin "attacked" the Tohsaka mansion, 4 familiars were spotted, who all observed the "battle". Sola-Ui also sent a familiar to watch Lancer and Saber's battle. If there's a Servant on the crane then it would have been best if Saber immediately retreated with Iri. Too bad Saber wants to fight honorable battles.

guidodi said:
This is exactly what I don't understand, going there with no chance of killing anyone and putting Iri in danger is far from a perfect opportunity.

See above. Servants aren't necessarily present.

guidodi said:
Iri wasn't attacked, she was invited. Could they have just gone home if they wanted or Lancer would have attacked them if they walk away?? (Didn't seem they would be attacked if they walk away in the anime)

They could have walked away and do nothing. Saber was the only one who initially reacted to Lancer's invitation. Everyone else chose to stay distant. Lancer openly showed his presence, he didn't know where the other Servants were.

guidodi said:
Did Iri decided to go without consulting him and therefore he had no other choice than to go there and improvise??

Electronical tracking device. The general task is getting attention and engaging battles, maybe even winning them, so Kiritsugu can spot the distracted enemy Masters and take them down. It's up to Iri and Saber how they intend to do that. See episode 16, where they plan to attack without any conversation between Iri and Kiritsugu.
Jul 21, 2014 4:02 AM

Aug 2009
guidodi said:
If you go there already knowing that you are not gonna be alone, the fact that you are not alone can't be a reason not to shoot.

I don't consider that an IMPOSSIBLE level of IQ is needed to know most of the masters or servants would be there. I think any normal person would assume that and I think Kiritsugu also knew before going he wasn't going to be alone.
. But he choose to go anyway, if he didn't wanna risk it he didn't have to go.

Anyway, we are not gonna agree on this. You both seem to think he went there just to look and wait for the remote chance that they were alone and I think that is imposible and that he already knew. It is just a difference of opinion.
[/spoiler]

Yeah I cant follow your logic at all.Can you explain to me why it is a good idea to shoot if you know that you arent alone?This has nothing to do with FZ and Kiritsugu now,I just want to understand the logic behind that.

I am sure that we were talking about controlling the war/fight and NOT about knowing that others would be there.
And plz explain the second line.

He already knew what?That he wont get a chance?

guidodi said:

"He only chooses to act when there's a perfect and safe opportunity or when it's absolutely necessary." This is exactly what I don't understand, going there with no chance of killing anyone and putting Iri in danger is far from a perfect opportunity.

A couple of question that maybe were answered in the novel:
Iri wasn't attacked, she was invited. Could they have just gone home if they wanted or Lancer would have attacked them if they walk away?? (Didn't seem they would be attacked if they walk away in the anime)

Did Iri decided to go without consulting him and therefore he had no other choice than to go there and improvise?? This is not shown in the anime but since he is there I suppose a conversation occurred between them to inform him of the location and he could have just said "Don't go". Also I would imagine Kiritsugi being mad if she went there without his approval but there isn't even a mention on that.

Going WITH Saber puts him in a disadvantage since he doesnt have any reliable magic for such situations.Unlike the fight with Kayneth
Iri who at the very least can use healing magecraft is way better than him and she can still act as a decoy.
And considering that at least 2 of the enemy Masters know about her role, she is safe from them(Kayneth,Tohsaka).

Just think about it for a while.It's a war where the goal is to be the last one standing.If things were so pretty Kayneth andTokiomi wouldnt hide themslves.

Her role is to draw the attention of the enemy.Why would that make him mad?Well if Saber or Iri did stupid shit like Kariya did in that fight , yes he would be mad.
ssjokgJul 21, 2014 11:12 AM
Jul 21, 2014 7:35 AM

Nov 2013
Aw man what did I miss <_<
Too lazy to read but by the look of things he's basically upset that Kiritsugu had his own plan which is different than what he thought? Why am I not surprised?
Jul 21, 2014 1:21 PM

Sep 2013
guidodi said:
Like you said, Iri is basically bait in his plans, she and Saber fight and he kills from the shadows. But for this kind of plan to work they need to be ALONE, it doesn't work if they are not ALONE because saber would have to protect 2 people against several master/servant. In this situation he KNEW before going they were not alone and that shooting would be imposible. Sending Iri to the middle of that doesn't make sense. In any situation where more than 1 master/servant is present Iri is a HUGE disadvantage because he can't help her without revealing himself.

One or two more Masters showing up isn't a problem since most magi can't detect Maiya or Kiritsugu. The only problem are the Servants. If the Masters decide to merely observe like Tokiomi planned to do, with familiars or other devices like Caster's crystal ball, Kiritsugu can do whatever he wants. This situation where almost every Servant showed up is very, very, very rare. Also, some Masters like Tokiomi have absolutely no intention to harm Iri.

guidodi said:
My problem is not with the fact that he didn't shoot. My problem is why did he send Iri there? Why did he choose to go when he couldn't control anything? If you decide to go, why go with a huge handicap like Iri? The fact that Kiritsugu beign as he is would never do that is my problem.

Basically what Forgetfulness said. I already said that a few times already, but I'll make it clear again: Iri is a decoy, she is supposed to look like the Einzbern Master. Showing up makes everyone watching believe she is Saber's Master. Caster, Tokiomi and probably Waver and Kayneth fell for it. That's two birds with one stone, since Saber and he can't cooperate, but Iri and Saber can. Yes, he could have ordered Iri and Saber to ignore Lancer, but then nothing would have happened and no one would view Iri as the Einzbern Master.
Jul 21, 2014 1:29 PM

Aug 2009
You dont know that.At that point it was still only Kayneth Lancer and Assassin.
Saber wa shown to be able to hold a fight even with on hand against Lancer,hell she was able to
and she was still able to move.You are looking at it only as a sure loe situation and as I said, Kayneth at least knows about the vessel.

Pretty sure that Kiritsugu decided to shoot and WOULD pull the trigger if not for Rider taking the initiative.

Read again the first paragraph at post #311 by C-Core.
If they are to always think about the WORST possible situation then Kerry and Iri shouldnt have joined the war.

The whole WAR is a situation he cant control, since ANYTHINg can change in a very short time.If he himself doesnt affect the battlefield at all then he cant control the flow of the war either.With that logic he shouldnt take part in the war.

But he cant just take Iri and lock themselves and wait for SOMEBODY ttake the war in a direction that suits him.

Read post 311 again.
He fell into the worst possible scenario created by factors he didnt think could exist.He didnt think that a

You cant be one hell of a PERFECTIONIST but ALL of the above is ridiculous even as a joke.
Jul 21, 2014 9:48 PM

Mar 2013
guidodi said:
My problem is not with the fact that he didn't shoot. My problem is why did he send Iri there? Why did he choose to go when he couldn't control anything? If you decide to go, why go with a huge handicap like Iri? The fact that Kiritsugu beign as he is would never do that is my problem.

You can never control everything, especially when it's the first night and you doesn't even know what the other servants are yet. If you don't go out unless you control every factor, you'll spend the entire war hiding in England.

And it's not like he controls nothing; he has overwatch and a gun. He could have made mincemeat out of any masters that showed themselves. Iri is also not a handicap. She can support Saber. And sure Iri is in a dangerous situation, but Saber is a powerful servant and Iri is a powerful mage. Kiritsugu and Maya would be covering them from the shadows. And since it's the first night, everybody's holding back a little and everybody is being very cautious, so you don't have to worry about anybody whipping out their trump cards or anything silly like that. They weren't taking a very big risk. They had things under control until Assassin showed up and Saber got her arm cut.

And in any case, Kiritsugu operates independently of Saber and Iri; he did not send them in there. They're bait, so he let them loose and followed them, that's all. He doesn't coordinate their actions much because that would involve issuing orders to Saber, which is hard to do when he won't even talk to her directly. And of course, he needs Iri to be seen with Saber so those who haven't done their homework don't know he's the true master.

Also, Kiritsugu is not a perfectionist, he's a pragmatist. The difference is that a pragmatist acts to maximize gain even when he cannot control every single detail. So, I don't find his actions to be out of line with his character.
fstJul 21, 2014 10:30 PM
Jul 21, 2014 10:15 PM

Sep 2013
I have nothing to add to what fst said, only this.

SPOILER tag the parts that haven't happened yet. This is a discussion about episode 4.
Jul 22, 2014 3:10 AM

Aug 2009
guidodi said:
Sorry about the spoiler, forgot it was the episode 4 discussion, added them.
I do find his actions to be out of line with his character and like C-Core nothing more to add, nice debate maybe and this my last post. PROMISE.
About this:
guidodi said:

Agree, he definitely would have taken the shot and yes I am assuming the worst possible situation because that is how Kiritsugu thinks.
This guys leaves NOTHING to chance.

After all those things, does this strike you as a man who would take such a huge risk just to confuse some masters?? There are other ways.

Anyway even if we don't agree I am happy it is finally clear that the problem isn't with him not shooting.

No that isnt how Kiritsugu thinks.He needs a reason to think about the worst possible scenario.[spoiler]Killing Ryunosuke,Kayneth with Sola and Natalia are actions he took based on an outcome he could see as possible because he knew of the situation.If he was as you say he would have killed Natalia long ago simply because she is dangerous as well due to her job.
As for the building again no.A PERFECT Kiritsugu would have blown it up without even attempting to save the unrelated residents, yet he took a risk that could let Kayneth escape.

As for the fair battle, believe me that ANY Master that actually cares about the war and isnt Ryunosuke or Shirou, wouldnt give a shit about Saber's or Lancer's honor.
Jul 22, 2014 1:19 PM

Mar 2013
Well,

As for which masters care about a fair battle...

Jul 22, 2014 1:23 PM

Sep 2013
Kayneth actually seeks an honorable battle between magi. I imagine he'd call it fair as long as it involves magic.
Jul 22, 2014 1:34 PM

Mar 2013
C-Core said:
Kayneth actually seeks an honorable battle between magi. I imagine he'd call it fair as long as it involves magic.

Yes but on the topic of Saber and Lancer, Lancer's not a mage, so he may as well be a dog.
Jul 22, 2014 3:58 PM

Aug 2009
There is only one Lancer that can be called dog.Mole Face isnt the one.
Jul 23, 2014 9:27 AM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
Hey hey I thought we agreed that he's too badass to be called a dog, even IF he took the role of a guard dog in his life.
Jul 23, 2014 9:34 AM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
ssjokg said:
Hey hey I thought we agreed that he's too badass to be called a dog, even IF he took the role of a guard dog in his life.
He is an ultra badass-unlucky tho- dog.
Jul 23, 2014 10:32 AM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
Botato said:
Well we EVER get a lancer with A luck? Because lancers are cool as hell.
Jul 23, 2014 10:39 AM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
ssjokg said:
Well we EVER get a lancer with A luck? Because lancers are cool as hell.

I dont think Luck ever mattered in Fate/ unless if you are facing Gae Bolg.
Jul 23, 2014 10:52 AM

Nov 2013
Well I meant more like I want them to have a better luck overall
Jul 28, 2014 3:53 PM

Sep 2013
From now on, I'll deem Iskandar the new nickname of "Ice Candy".
Aug 2, 2014 3:38 PM

Oct 2012
They are quick to reveal their names when everyone is watching, they can be noble but in long run it won't help neither of them. Call it bad decision on their part.

And With another servant revealed, now we have them all (or so we thought, we know about Berserker but still haven't seen him).
But really now, to have another irish hero as Lancer, well, it really feels like lack of inspiration and creativity in the first place. Though I guess they did it intentionally for Saber to know him.

An ok episode. I was thinking they end the battle in this ep but with Alexander sudden appearance at the dock and with Saber injured, the flow of battle changed and I bet Kiritsugu manage to get it postponed.

Kotomine and Tohsaka still "cooperating", that was just as expected, both of them having underhand intentions, that's also to be expected.

And now I just realized this War has only one woman as Heroic Spirit (but perhaps it's still to early to say that).
Mich666Aug 2, 2014 3:46 PM
Aug 2, 2014 9:22 PM

Aug 2009
Mich666 said:
They are quick to reveal their names when everyone is watching, they can be noble but in long run it won't help neither of them. Call it bad decision on their part.

And With another servant revealed, now we have them all (or so we thought, we know about Berserker but still haven't seen him).
But really now, to have another irish hero as Lancer, well, it really feels like lack of inspiration and creativity in the first place. Though I guess they did it intentionally for Saber to know him.

An ok episode. I was thinking they end the battle in this ep but with Alexander sudden appearance at the dock and with Saber injured, the flow of battle changed and I bet Kiritsugu manage to get it postponed.

Kotomine and Tohsaka still "cooperating", that was just as expected, both of them having underhand intentions, that's also to be expected.

And now I just realized this War has only one woman as Heroic Spirit (but perhaps it's still to early to say that).

If they wanted another Lancer they could easily pick one from Greek mythology or even Chinese.
Pretty sure that his legend was the reason he was picked and not that he is Irish.
Aug 23, 2014 7:14 AM

Oct 2009
Oh my gahhh!!! This was glorious! Masterfully animated!! Saber <333

I haven't had this much fun with a anime in a long time!!
Aug 25, 2014 5:06 PM

Aug 2012
Iksander is best girl
Aug 31, 2014 7:59 AM

Jun 2014
Rider is a fucking boss.
Sep 4, 2014 3:13 PM

Jan 2014
Great match. Longer than I remembered, but astounding nonetheless.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 30, 2014 4:35 PM

Dec 2013
Saber is a very analytical thinker wow. So the battle has been interupted by Rider...
Nov 19, 2014 6:35 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode that leaves little room for doubt, this TV series has nothing to envy to the one now on the air. The latest series created for the saga of Fate are almost a masterpiece.
Engaging narrative, the duel is nice because it is well managed over time and in his choreography.
Lancer is great characters that Saber.
Animations gradissimo level, the Color Design is great. The OST is superb.
I can not wait to see the next episode.
Dec 26, 2014 1:16 PM

Sep 2012
Sabers sword is so gold and shiny *_*
Dec 30, 2014 11:01 AM

Oct 2013
BAHAHAHAHAHA RIDER'S BATTLECRY AS HE ENTERED THE FRAY.

Lancer is a very cool and honorable dude. The action was intense and very well done this episode. Damn, haven't watched an anime where each episode feels this short in quite some time.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 13, 2015 10:46 PM

Nov 2012
Damn the heroes are badasses, except castor, he's fuckin weird

Matou might be my favorite master so far and I REALLY can't wait till Berserker's identity gets revealed
FirstFamiliarJan 13, 2015 10:49 PM
Mar 11, 2015 9:51 AM

Sep 2014
I'm not enjoying it thus far ; I liked FSN a lot more and I"m only watching this now because I"m impatient for second season to be released

This is way too dialogue heavy and everything is dragged out. Introducing all the characters at the start was very overwhelming
Mar 11, 2015 2:17 PM

Jul 2007
notsomacho said:
I'm not enjoying it thus far ; I liked FSN a lot more and I"m only watching this now because I"m impatient for second season to be released

This is way too dialogue heavy and everything is dragged out. Introducing all the characters at the start was very overwhelming

Hence watching this first or after ~1/4th of FSN story is pointless.

Zeor is made for thos ewho already have the full picture.

But since you went through the first Zero episode you are already spoiled on pretty much 99% of everything that will ever be revealed in FSN.
Apr 7, 2015 2:05 PM

Mar 2013
Lancer is such badass. Glorious battle. This episode felt pretty short.
May 9, 2015 8:25 AM

Apr 2013
Nice battle, really enjoyed watching that. Rider doesn't care about the rules and ist probably a bit too flashy ^^
Jun 9, 2015 12:36 AM

Jan 2013
Oh shit that was intense
Jun 29, 2015 11:45 PM
Apr 2015
Well, I still am lost.
Jul 21, 2015 8:48 PM

Mar 2014
That fight was pretty intense. Saber is amazing as always; her mannerism and way of speaking is very gentlemanly, and the way she wields the sword shows her profound history with her knighthood. I have to admit Lancer was pretty nice looking at first, but as the episode progressed, he began to look more like a typical douche. /Especially/ when I learned that the mole under his eye is charm magic. Nice body though.
Aug 13, 2015 11:42 AM
Dec 2014
Damn those animations look incredibly good.
Oct 25, 2015 1:19 PM

Sep 2015
Awesome Battle Lancer has serious skills to push Saber to the defensive like that. Awesome episode and Rider dropping in was just BOSS!!!
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Nov 23, 2015 9:22 PM

May 2013
Wicked and badass fight damn. Iskander is so badass and entertaining, my favourite character in the series. Great episode, loving this anime.

Dec 5, 2015 11:06 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, I wonder if Saber could've won without an arm. And Iskandar not giving any fucks about hiding names and popping up out of no where like that xD
Apr 21, 2016 4:47 PM

Nov 2015
[Re-watch | BD version]

Amazing battle! Every thrust, every slash, every move is calculated, has a purpose.
We can see how they move to make a fatal hit on the enemy.

I just love how Zero manages fights. Every attack was a potential final hit.
Both Lancer and Saber had a great fight right here. I really enjoyed it. You can see the ability they both have in their fields of expertise with weapons.

I really like Saber in Zero, she's so cool and calculates her moves. I feel she's very strategic.

Oh Kiritsugu really had a shot on Kayneth but an Assassin's possible attack upon shot was too big of a risk to take...

Oh, Alexander... spawning in the middle of the fight and telling your name... that's so you.

Un-skipeable OP and ED are un-skipeable
HumbertoZeroApr 21, 2016 4:53 PM
Apr 21, 2016 5:30 PM

Sep 2014
HDarkmantis said:
[Re-watch | BD version]

Amazing battle! Every thrust, every slash, every move is calculated, has a purpose.
We can see how they move to make a fatal hit on the enemy.

I just love how Zero manages fights. Every attack was a potential final hit.
Both Lancer and Saber had a great fight right here. I really enjoyed it. You can see the ability they both have in their fields of expertise with weapons.

I really like Saber in Zero, she's so cool and calculates her moves. I feel she's very strategic.

Oh Kiritsugu really had a shot on Kayneth but an Assassin's possible attack upon shot was too big of a risk to take...

Oh, Alexander... spawning in the middle of the fight and telling your name... that's so you.

Un-skipeable OP and ED are un-skipeable
UFO certainly put their better team on F/Z...between this and kara no kyoukai. it kind of makes me a little sad that UFO threw UBW under the bus and handed it to a guy who had never managed a full length anime and the only other thing under his belt aside from a couple episodes and kara no kyoukai 6(the one movie that everyone bitched about).

gotta say man the op and the ED for this series really didnt do much for me though
Apr 21, 2016 5:57 PM

Nov 2015
Maloghurst said:
UFO certainly put their better team on F/Z...between this and kara no kyoukai. it kind of makes me a little sad that UFO threw UBW under the bus and handed it to a guy who had never managed a full length anime and the only other thing under his belt aside from a couple episodes and kara no kyoukai 6(the one movie that everyone bitched about).

gotta say man the op and the ED for this series really didnt do much for me though

Note that I do not consider UBW anime to be bad, just a little bit more shounen like, more flashy and that.
In some matters, exaggerated, but good.
We have hopes for HF's movies tho =)

Regarding the OP & ED... I don't know.. but since the very first time I listened to them it was like they pushed a button inside me.
It was instant love jajaja.
Apr 21, 2016 7:18 PM

Sep 2014
HDarkmantis said:
Maloghurst said:

Note that I do not consider UBW anime to be bad, just a little bit more shounen like, more flashy and that.
In some matters, exaggerated, but good.
We have hopes for HF's movies tho =)

Regarding the OP & ED... I don't know.. but since the very first time I listened to them it was like they pushed a button inside me.
It was instant love jajaja.
well it's apart of my greivences with the series (especially in the second half) it gets "too shouniny". this sort of convo isnt exactly for this subforum so i'll cut it right there.

but yea, UFO like to rotate their directors and teams. HF def has promise, though i fear it may suffer a bit from certain things that are lacking in UBW. i hold some optimism but i wont get my expectation at extremes like i did with ubw. i'll enjoy it much more that way.

the F/Z ost overall didnt do too much for me, there were a couple tracks that i liked but for the most part it just doesnt stick for me. i mean they're good, i'm not gonna say that they arent. but they dont really stick like some other OP's out there, like the FMA:brotherhood op's
Apr 23, 2016 12:48 AM

Jul 2007
HDarkmantis said:

Thats kind of why majority thinks its bad tho? Instead of it being as good as it could have been if they actually tried, it is basically mindless shounen battle royale and with a very bad pacing at most(friendly reminder that out of the three routes, UBW has the best pacing in terms of narrative, so I am afraid of what will happen with HF, which has some of the worst and most uneven pacing). People expected a proper adaptation of one of the keystones of nasuverse and instead got basically 26 episodes of KNK6. As I usually describe it, ufoubw is basically Michael Bay movie.

As for OPS - I certainly like Zero's first OP more than both zero's second and UBW's second.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

11 by filthyfrank8142 »»
45 minutes ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.