Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (95) « First ... « 89 90 [91] 92 93 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2014 9:13 PM

Feb 2011
Hey guys, it's been over a year and a half, so I updated my avatar, sig, display pic, and profile design. I decided to go with a fiery theme because I'm all about motivation, drive, determination, burning passion, flaming spirit. As the slogan text on my profile design says, "Light a fire in your soul."

Anyway, I spent the last few days on my design with almost no sleep. I had not intended to spend nearly as long as I did, but that's life. Sometimes you just need to let go and go for the goal.

I ran into a lot of setbacks while designing this, including the limitations within Photoshop and gifs. As you will most likely notice, the "favorite characters" section is very low quality. I did my best to blend it in anyway. I was quite irritated since it took me hours to do that part (partly because my computer becomes slow as... a duck, when I'm dealing with many frames or large files). I should've been expecting it though... Looking back, I probably shouldn't have had the short little character bios appear, then I could've split the image into smaller dimensions and it wouldn't have reduced quality.

I might be updating my list design in the coming days, but I might just leave it. I don't really have the passion for it right now, and I spent over 100 hours on the current design when I made it, don't really have that much time to waste right now.

You'll need to give it a minute to load, especially if your not isn't too good.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Previous "About Me" Design
[spoiler]
dperolioSep 14, 2014 4:42 PM
Sep 11, 2014 9:49 PM

Nov 2013
Man this is a big piece of work. I really like it overall, nice consistency throughout the whole piece. But yeah, this is too big/long to load (well, it only takes me 10-20 secs, but that is enough to say that it is a bit too much. But my obvious conclusion would still be, good work. Hopefully when I will stop being lazy I will finish my own layout.
Sep 12, 2014 6:43 AM

Dec 2009
I'm not surprised. It looks great.

Though, I don't know why you make a seperate thread just for that occasion, if there are two wonderful threads where you can let the world know you updated your profile and signature.. Ya know, like everyone else.
Sep 12, 2014 7:11 AM

Feb 2011
Thanks both of you. :)

@ar4can7he Yup, it's a large file size. With something like this though, I don't even worry about that. We all have decent internet nowadays, and even if you don't it will only load slow the first time, then it'll be cached. If I was designing a website I would care about speed/efficiency, but for an art piece like this, the sky's the limit to me.

I dunno, I guess I made a thread because most people don't spend 60 hours on something like this. xd Also changed my ava, sig, and dp. Don't see the harm though, it's been almost 2 years since I made my last thread here and will probably be 2 more until I make another profile design. It's not like I'm spamming threads. :c
Sep 12, 2014 7:19 AM

Dec 2012
Damn that's great, literally the best one I've seen so far. Not a fan of the colors, but amazing effort nonetheless.
Sep 12, 2014 10:10 AM

Dec 2009
dperolio said:
I dunno, I guess I made a thread because most people don't spend 60 hours on something like this. xd Also changed my ava, sig, and dp. Don't see the harm though, it's been almost 2 years since I made my last thread here and will probably be 2 more until I make another profile design. It's not like I'm spamming threads. :c

No, probably just 80% of all designers here. I don't count the hours I take for my layouts though... I just know it takes hours.. and hours.. xx

No offense, but you're nothing special or anything. At least that's the impression I get from your posts and I suspect that to be the reason behind this thread as well.

Don't get me wrong, dude. Your works are stunning, very cool and you've got much more experience and skill than most of us here. I have no problem to say that, because it's what I honestly think, but like I said, I get that certain impression from your posts and it somewhat annoys me a bit.
Sep 12, 2014 10:26 AM

Feb 2011
Ah, well sorry you feel that way. Not trying to offend anyone or say "I'm special." I would be lying if I said I didn't want attention/recognition for my work though, what artist doesn't? I saw someone else post 2 threads about their new profile design the other day here, no one cared then.

I certainly wouldn't be complaining if others spent as much time and effort as I did on a design and they decided to make a thread about it. In fact, I would welcome it. I love gaining motivation and inspiration.

No offense, but you're coming off really rude to me. :/ I don't know why you're making assumptions about me without even getting to know me, but feel free to add me on Skype and we can talk further: dustin.perolio

There is no "secret reasoning" behind this thread. I've worked long and hard on a design and want to receive opinions about it. Yeah I could've made multiple posts, but instead I made a single thread since I'm showing off more than one thing. Does it really matter?
dperolioSep 12, 2014 10:30 AM
Sep 12, 2014 10:29 AM

Jan 2013
My god ... this is ... AMAZING !
How long did it even take you?

I'd be very proud having this as my profile design ^^
Sep 12, 2014 10:33 AM

Dec 2009
There's no need for them to make a thread about it, because there are specific threads for that.

True, I want attention too (concerning my works, that is), but it's not like you wouldn't get that in these threads.

I don't know why what I'm saying would come off as rude. I was just wondering why anyone would need to make a special thread for themselves if there are already threads for that purpose.

I'm not saying: WOOOH go get your fucking thread deleted right now and post your updates in the right threads!... or am I? Just wanted to "suggest" there is a better way.
Sep 12, 2014 10:34 AM

Feb 2011
PrOxAnto said:
My god ... this is ... AMAZING !
How long did it even take you?

I'd be very proud having this as my profile design ^^

Thanks. ^^

I honestly don't even know... The last 3-4 days have been a blur. I've basically only been working on this, eating (very little), sleeping (very little-none). Yesterday I literally spent like 20 hours with the animations alone (part my fault, part my computer's fault). Overall, I would say 40-60+ hours. Zzz. That's how I tend to get when I'm working on something, it's really not a good thing for my health.

Isa__ said:
There's no need for them to make a thread about it, because there are specific threads for that.

True, I want attention too (concerning my works, that is), but it's not like you wouldn't get that in these threads.

I don't know why what I'm saying would come off as rude. I was just wondering why anyone would need to make a special thread for themselves if there are already threads for that purpose.

I'm not saying: WOOOH go get your fucking thread deleted right now and post your updates in the right threads!... or am I? Just wanted to "suggest" there is a better way.

Alright, well thank you, and sorry. Guess you're right. Just trying to get a little more exposure to my work. Figured this would be more useful/entertaining than some of the threads I see posted in Casual Discussion. :p
dperolioSep 12, 2014 10:40 AM
Sep 12, 2014 11:03 AM

Dec 2009
The profile is not bad, but the quality of some parts is too low and it has too much gifs so the loading time gets kinda high even with good connections. I would get rid of some gifs and for example place some good pictures there. Gifs in general are nice to have, but only when the quality is good too - your favorite characters gif has such low quality that it gets this "pixel problem" in its colours, especially black. But thats only my opinion.
Sep 12, 2014 11:29 AM

Feb 2011
Sylinchen said:
The profile is not bad, but the quality of some parts is too low and it has too much gifs so the loading time gets kinda high even with good connections. I would get rid of some gifs and for example place some good pictures there. Gifs in general are nice to have, but only when the quality is good too - your favorite characters gif has such low quality that it gets this "pixel problem" in its colours, especially black. But thats only my opinion.

Yeah, indeed that's a problem I had. Of course I didn't realize it until after I'd spent hours on the animation, or I wouldn't have done it that way. >< Load times I'm not worried about, anyone that wants to see it will. Admittedly, I didn't intend for this to be quite so large. That gif's the only one that had large quality loss though. I still liked the animation, even though it pained me that I had to live with low quality, so I kept it. I still think it blends in pretty well. I agree I probably went a bit overboard with the animations. xd

Thanks for the feedback.
dperolioSep 12, 2014 12:04 PM
Sep 12, 2014 5:38 PM

Dec 2012
Thread merged.
Sep 12, 2014 5:45 PM

Jun 2010
Hederick said:
Thread merged.

Good thing you merged it.
Sep 12, 2014 6:05 PM

Feb 2011
Thanks Hederick, sorry for causing problems. ;_;
dperolioSep 12, 2014 6:45 PM
Sep 14, 2014 3:26 PM

Dec 2009
Updated my profile for real now. Everything's done, everything's linked.
Let me know what'cha think.
Sep 14, 2014 4:20 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Isa__ said:

^Almost rhymed
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ITTT
no complaints, none. My favorite layout ever.
The lighting is done beautifully
and as always from Isa... amazing text!
Sep 14, 2014 5:10 PM

Feb 2011
Isa__ said:

You know what I think about that orange and white small gradient text. ._. With the contrast of the design, they hurt my eyes. And it looks like you lowered the opacity on the text under the "Choose" side text a little too much. Oh and the "See you again!" text at the bottom looks like it got moved under a layer by accident or something.

Those are my only complaints. The design looks great and definitely looks complete with the additions you made. Well done. :)
dperolioSep 14, 2014 6:19 PM
Sep 14, 2014 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
Isa__ said:

Aww, i like it, but I really loved it before OTL

The Bravely Default text and the bottom part of the layout
I think some of the text is a bit more orange-ish than other parts D:
Sep 14, 2014 11:46 PM

Aug 2009
Haven't been on.. but i made sure to update mine.
well it's not a full layout tho D:
invisible signature \m/
Sep 15, 2014 12:06 AM

Jul 2011
Isa__ said:

What can I say? It's magnificent, girl. <3

Izachin said:

It's nice, simple and clean. Not really a fan of the typo on the "Louis Asahina" part, though.

Also, I just updated mine. Had a great time playing through Tomb Raider and decided to make a layout based on it.
Sep 15, 2014 2:39 AM

Aug 2009
Insidious said:
Izachin said:

It's nice, simple and clean. Not really a fan of the typo on the "Louis Asahina" part, though.

I agree lol i suddenly thought that font on the louis asahina didn't suit louis himself lol x.x
invisible signature \m/
Oct 2, 2014 7:04 PM

Jul 2011
Hello :)

I also updated my design. My idea was to keep it as simple, clean and flat as possible.

HERE
Oct 3, 2014 9:13 AM
Oct 2011
BigJk said:
I also updated my design. My idea was to keep it as simple, clean and flat as possible.

It looks good. I like this style.
Oct 3, 2014 11:22 AM

Jul 2011
Exo_x said:
It looks good. I like this style.

Thanks. :)
Oct 5, 2014 4:37 AM

Jan 2014
it is nothing special but i updated my profile today, was in the mood to doodle something :3
Oct 21, 2014 12:57 PM

Jun 2010
updated mine~
any opinions?
Oct 22, 2014 12:51 AM
Jul 2018
It's been a year or so since I made anything for my profile. And, I feel it's lacking
something.

Any suggestions? = v =

Oh wow, I feel a little embarrassed now.. Seeing there's plenty of good looking profiles which are Fate/UBW related.
Oct 22, 2014 1:01 AM

Jan 2013
Kalafina said:
It's been a year or so since I made anything for my profile. And, I feel it's lacking
something.

Any suggestions? = v =

Oh wow, I feel a little embarrassed now.. Seeing there's plenty of good looking profiles which are Fate/UBW related.
It looks really great! :3

I'm having a bit difficulty reading some of the text, but that's prob cuz it's 4 am here...
Oct 22, 2014 1:14 AM
Jul 2018
Ah, Thanks for the quick feedback.

I'll see what I can do with those text when I get back home. I haven't checked whether or not they're readable with a smaller screen too, That or I probably over sharpened them again.. Hah.

Thanks again~!
Oct 22, 2014 5:02 PM

Jul 2011
@Kalafina

Really like the design :D may I ask where you get your resources from? like the chains or the flames? ^^
Oct 22, 2014 9:09 PM
Jul 2018
BigJk said:
Really like the design :D may I ask where you get your resources from? like the chains or the flames? ^^

Oh, Thank you!
The flame looking textures are from DA, just search "Dust Textures". I did the chains with the emboss settings.
Nov 3, 2014 6:00 PM

Oct 2013
So after being a member for about a year, i finally made a profile design with links. Tell me what you guys think!
Nov 3, 2014 6:35 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Neni07 said:
So after being a member for about a year, i finally made a profile design with links. Tell me what you guys think!

Left you a comment on your profile. :>
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Nov 4, 2014 9:38 AM

Oct 2013
Profile updated! Thanks for the advise, it looks much better now! :)
Nov 10, 2014 6:30 PM

Jan 2013
finished new one :x
Nov 11, 2014 8:54 AM

Jul 2011
shuryukan said:

Well, I like it. The colors are light and playful, which helps to set the tone for the rest of the layout. There's a couple spots here and there that are hard to read, but overall I think it's a very solid profile! Good job. c:
Nov 11, 2014 11:12 AM

Jan 2013
Insidious said:
shuryukan said:

Well, I like it. The colors are light and playful, which helps to set the tone for the rest of the layout. There's a couple spots here and there that are hard to read, but overall I think it's a very solid profile! Good job. c:
Thanks, which parts in particular are hard to read?

I always have my pc at lowest brightness, which I've found results in everything I do being brighter than usual :x
Nov 11, 2014 2:45 PM

Jul 2011
shuryukan said:

I always have my pc at lowest brightness, which I've found results in everything I do being brighter than usual :x

The "music playlist" part is a little difficult on the eyes, as well as the actual song playing.

Maybe it's just me, but the script font is pretty difficult to read. Like, it's not hard to see, but hard to read. It's probably because I never write/read in script and am not used to it.
Nov 19, 2014 12:43 PM

Jul 2012
I've just recently finished my 3rd profile!

Any thoughts? :)

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

Nov 19, 2014 12:48 PM

Jan 2013
-Akie said:

looks really nice :3

and egoist ♥♥
Nov 19, 2014 1:05 PM

Nov 2013
shuryukan said:
Insidious said:

Text seems okay to me. really lovely DP, so colorful and harmonious.

-Akie said:

Looks really good. Trouble reading the bottom part, but otherwise it looks great. Wish my poor brain could actually come up with a DP like this. Still trying though, I am not going to abandon that fast but meh.
Nov 19, 2014 10:33 PM

May 2014
I've recently finished my 4th layout. Can I have a bit of a feedback on it?~

BU / / / / / dev
Nov 19, 2014 11:43 PM

Aug 2008
VanityStar said:

I guess something is wrong with your coding, I can't seems to view a complete profile but just some random slices.. @______@

Forum set is a gift from Bunnyama
Nov 20, 2014 9:40 AM

May 2014
xKirin said:
I guess something is wrong with your coding, I can't seems to view a complete profile but just some random slices.. @______@

Really? It looks like a full layout on my side:o

BU / / / / / dev
Nov 20, 2014 11:03 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
VanityStar said:

Hey great layout. I love it! Even the part about wanting a pony. I'd say the only thing that is worth fixing is to center the navigation options for gallery, cards, and collabs. The navigation links for animelist and mangalist look centered even though it's just because of the length of the words so it just looks weird if the rest are put to the right.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Nov 20, 2014 12:18 PM

Jul 2012
shuryukan said:

looks really nice :3

and egoist ♥♥

ar4can7he said:

Looks really good. Trouble reading the bottom part, but otherwise it looks great. Wish my poor brain could actually come up with a DP like this. Still trying though, I am not going to abandon that fast but meh.

Wow, thank you! I'm glad you like it ^^

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

Nov 20, 2014 5:47 PM

Aug 2008
VanityStar said:
xKirin said:

Perhaps it is just me then..? This is how your profile looks from my side:

Nov 20, 2014 5:49 PM

Jan 2013
xKirin said:
VanityStar said:

Perhaps it is just me then..? This is how your profile looks from my side:
which stylish are u using, if you're using any (?)

if the max side dimensions < 690px, that happens from my experience 3:
Nov 20, 2014 6:38 PM

Aug 2008
shuryukan said:
which stylish are u using, if you're using any (?)

if the max side dimensions < 690px, that happens from my experience 3:

I have already disabled all the stylish I am using, not sure if it is still effective though..

Pages (95) « First ... « 89 90 [91] 92 93 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

366 by nin-tendo »»
7 hours ago

» Konomi Yuzuhara ♥ Innocent Maid

MasterTasuke - Dec 17, 2023

4 by MasterTasuke »»
9 hours ago

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

19 by DesuMaiden »»
12 hours ago

» [UserScript] MAL Full Watching History

NurarihyonMaou - Aug 15, 2021

22 by NubFix »»
May 1, 9:19 PM

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - Apr 23

3 by DesuMaiden »»
May 1, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.