Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 25, 2007 8:41 PM

Jan 2007
Here's my most recent... Sketched on paper, scanned in and refined. Inked in Manga Studio and currently in Photoshop for coloring.

click for the big version.

Mod Edit: Fixed thread title.
LunaJan 30, 2013 9:55 AM
"...Only fools stand up and really lay down their arms. No, not me, not when death lasts forever."

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 25, 2007 8:57 PM
Sep 2006
Ugh, I need to learn how to ink properly. Anyway, I love it Arixx, nice body structure~! Here's something I doodled a few days ago:

Jan 25, 2007 8:58 PM

Aug 2006
Thats pretty awesome....If only I could draw....*shrug*
Jan 25, 2007 9:03 PM

Nov 2004
Those are very nice. ^^

I gave up drawing quite a while ago. xD And my paintings and stuff was just from high school art class. I'm like the dictionary definition of a talentless person.. (can't cook, can't draw, can't write, can't play an instrument, can't dance, can't act, can't sing, can't do any sport, can't do public speaking, can't debate, can't study, can't calculate, can't do maths, can't design.. what else.. lol)
Jan 25, 2007 9:14 PM

Aug 2006
lol, you have to believe in yourself Crystal, you must have some talent!~

but yeah, I'm bascially the same. I am quite certain I don't have any outstanding talents. I place high merit on myself academically, but I don't really care about academics, do they really even matter? I wish I were tallented in an area I cared more about.
Jan 25, 2007 9:29 PM
Sep 2006
Practice, practice, practice... and as long as it's fun, then practice should never be a problem in the first place. I might be a bit bold here, but I believe everyone has a talent. It could be as something as mundane as cleaning or maybe being optimistic. Maybe you can smile when no one else can, or cry when no one else can. What’s your fear, does anyone else have it? It’s not just about drawing, music, or acting. Those are just common that’s why they are so easily recognized (and they appear much more often in the public eye). I mean, what about the talent found in food-eating competitions? Not something we see everyday, but certainly something that has some sort of skill to it.

Okay, now I’m ranting… XP
Jan 25, 2007 9:30 PM

Jan 2007
I need my dad to hook up my scanner again...

I don't draw much anymore. I still sucked after two years of practice and got angry and impatient. xD

Jan 25, 2007 9:32 PM

Dec 2006
xD; I've got a drawing I want to scan, but I can't. I'll go see if I can borrow someone's... *is okay at drawing*
Jan 25, 2007 9:46 PM
Sep 2006
Ugh, my friend in Biology drew over this (thus the large mark I couldn't erase completely).

KanashimiJan 25, 2007 9:50 PM
Jan 25, 2007 10:06 PM

Aug 2006
Kanashimi said:
Practice, practice, practice... and as long as it's fun, then practice should never be a problem in the first place. I might be a bit bold here, but I believe everyone has a talent. It could be as something as mundane as cleaning or maybe being optimistic. Maybe you can smile when no one else can, or cry when no one else can. What’s your fear, does anyone else have it? It’s not just about drawing, music, or acting. Those are just common that’s why they are so easily recognized (and they appear much more often in the public eye). I mean, what about the talent found in food-eating competitions? Not something we see everyday, but certainly something that has some sort of skill to it.

Okay, now I’m ranting… XP

Thats a very nice way of thinking, I'm afraid I don't believe it though, not everyone has a talent. Ok so maybe there is someone who can snap their fingers better then anyone else, or someone who can win any staring contests, but those aren't in the least bit useful. They aren't really things you can take pride and pleasure in.

Also, things like being optimistic and smiling when no one else can probably has more to do with personality and not talents.

I do agree with you about the practicing. To take a page from Rock Lee, hard work can overcome talent. You just have to work that much harder to make up for the ability you lack. I honestly and truly believe that.
Jan 25, 2007 10:09 PM

Dec 2006
running_lemon said:

Thats a very nice way of thinking, I'm afraid I don't believe it though, not everyone has a talent. Ok so maybe there is someone who can snap their fingers better then anyone else, or someone who can win any staring contests, but those aren't in the least bit useful. They aren't really things you can take pride and pleasure in.

But it's nice to know you have them. And making talents can be fun, too. *working to be ambedexrious*
Jan 25, 2007 10:24 PM
Sep 2006
running_lemon said:
Thats a very nice way of thinking, I'm afraid I don't believe it though, not everyone has a talent....

Eh, my way of thinking has always been overly naive. Snapping your fingers could be something to be proud off, I think, if it was something more presentable in the world. It's all acting, beauty/vanity, writing, music, and drawing. I don't think it's a fair thing to be cornered by those talents only. It's just a way to define it though, so no need to take it into thought really.
Jan 25, 2007 11:16 PM

Aug 2006
Sorry if it seemed like it, but I wasn't calling you naive or anything, and I like taking everything to thought. ^_^
Jan 26, 2007 5:28 AM

Jan 2007
Practice does make perfect... I still have drawings stashed away from 1994. Sometimes I'll go back and look at them and it makes me realize how much I really sucked at drawing. It's the same today... I'll draw something that I just can't get right and get frustrated, then I might look through my old stuff and realize that hey, it isn't so bad. One of my worst traits was thinking I could just sit down and draw what ever I wanted on a whim with no practice... that really pissed me off and still does x.X

Kana:

Excellent drawings, I love the hair and cloth folds. =P
"...Only fools stand up and really lay down their arms. No, not me, not when death lasts forever."

Jan 26, 2007 5:32 AM

Aug 2006
Crystal said:
I'm like the dictionary definition of a talentless person.. (can't cook, can't draw, can't write, can't play an instrument, can't dance, can't act, can't sing, can't do any sport, can't do public speaking, can't debate, can't study, can't calculate, can't do maths, can't design.. what else.. lol)

OMG... My long lost twin!!! ::hugs:: I'm the same. Can't do a damned thing...
Jan 26, 2007 5:52 AM

Nov 2004
Well I'm fairly good at school, math became a bit harder recently but it shouldn't really be a problem heh

I suck at sports and drawing etc though =D
Jan 26, 2007 8:33 AM

Nov 2006
My sister has a bunch of drawing in a notebook bursting at the seems (the old one burst, but the new one is stretching). Should get her to scan a few since she got manga studio 3.0
Jan 27, 2007 5:30 AM

Mar 2005
Just a simple sketch I've yet to finish.

Jan 27, 2007 6:00 AM

Nov 2004
Impressive sketch. O.O
Jan 28, 2007 10:07 AM

Jan 2007
Excellent, seif! I like the shading style.

Jan 29, 2007 2:16 PM
Sep 2006
running_lemon said:
Sorry if it seemed like it, but I wasn't calling you naive or anything, and I like taking everything to thought. ^_^

No, I wasn't assuming you were---I'm just saying generally my thought process and my opinion is, sorry for that mix-up, wasn't trying to blame you. And it's good you're so opened-minded~ *Huggles*

Seif, I really like it. I love how the shading, you could say, is so messy and not solid.

Sketched this today because I didn't feel like doing work in math. She was going to be holding a gun, but since I had time and no reference, I scratched the idea (might add some energy bow or something of the sort).

I still need to learn how to ink some of this crap... ><;;
KanashimiJan 29, 2007 2:21 PM
Jan 29, 2007 5:01 PM

Dec 2006

Since I've scanned my drawings only once .. this must be last year's or the year before.. I think ^_^'

Arixx you a pro ? :-)
Jan 29, 2007 6:30 PM

Jan 2007
Iryoku said:

Since I've scanned my drawings only once .. this must be last year's or the year before.. I think ^_^'

Arixx you a pro ? :-)

Very nice, I love the style and the way you did the profile of the face ^^.

Am I a pro? no way in hell...

I should post some of my stuff from 10 years ago... X.x

My current ability is greatly due to the massive amount of head trauma (from beating my head against the wall) and sheer stubborness over the years.

I finally started on the story I'm working on again and actually sat down and started sketching one of the early scenes the other day. I'll probably post it in the coming days ... I haven't felt this good in a while, actually getting stuff done!

Jan 30, 2007 12:23 AM

Dec 2006
I'm interested to see ^_^

Anyway.. does that "manga studio" have something to do with "anime studio" cuz I have that one ?
Jan 30, 2007 5:28 AM

Jan 2007
Iryoku said:
I'm interested to see ^_^

Anyway.. does that "manga studio" have something to do with "anime studio" cuz I have that one ?

Both are made by the same company - e-frontier. Anime studio is for animation and Manga studio is for... manga =P

Manga studio has page layout stuff, tones and my favorite feature - line auto correction. Makes inking sooo much easier =P

Jan 30, 2007 6:31 PM

Jan 2007
Hehe, almost done. This is Rhyley, one of the main characters of the story I'm working on.
In this scene, she is being forced to under go IMAGER viability testing...

IMAGER = Inductive Manipulation and Generation of Electromagnetic Resonance - More or less the ability to take any electromagnetic energy and create a physical form from that energy... like a shield.

Click for the big version
ArixxFeb 1, 2007 7:26 PM

Jan 30, 2007 9:13 PM

Dec 2006
;_; I need a scanner... I drew a pretty chibi Namine...
Jan 31, 2007 5:45 PM

Jan 2007
We need to start a 'Buy Ceray a scanner' fund drive =P

Jan 31, 2007 6:19 PM

Dec 2006
Arixx said:
We need to start a 'Buy Ceray a scanner' fund drive =P

xD; Yes, so I can showcase my horrid drawings. Must go borrow friend's scanner...

...That picture in my signature was drawn by me, I just realized.
Jan 31, 2007 7:46 PM
Sep 2006
I think first that Ceray needs a better computer... Not too sure if there are a lot of scanners that would work with your 8 GB computer.
Feb 1, 2007 7:02 PM

Dec 2006
^^;

I drew Kairi, too... But she's... bleh. And that's probably the best drawing I have drawn to date...
Feb 1, 2007 7:11 PM

Jan 2007
I think you did an excellent job, Ceray. I see plenty of potential there!
The hair is pretty damned good, I like how you drew it.

Keep up the good work! ^^

Feb 1, 2007 7:22 PM

Jan 2007
Here's something from my early days... 10 years ago now... x.X

Click for the big version
ArixxFeb 1, 2007 7:26 PM

Feb 4, 2007 10:31 AM

Feb 2007

@w @;;;;;
Feb 4, 2007 1:24 PM
Sep 2006
Kawaii, Hakoot, reminds me of a Gaia character.
Feb 4, 2007 2:50 PM

Jan 2007
Meh, it's suppose to be Luke from Tales of the Abyss

Feb 6, 2007 4:41 PM

Feb 2007
I started drawing like 4 months ago and wow I am lets say along the lines of Arixx
I can see that he is truly skilled and has many hours of work under his belt

Some day I hope to surpass Arixx in the skill of drawing

somehow it seems unbelievable that you can get good in three months at the begining it is very frustrating everything looks off everything looks demented but after 3 months you start drawing magnificently and you feel like you are owning sorta like getting headshots in CS

Feb 6, 2007 5:18 PM

Feb 2007
Kanashimi said:
Kawaii, Hakoot, reminds me of a Gaia character.
cuase it IS a gaian avatar xD;;
Feb 6, 2007 5:47 PM
Sep 2006
Hakoot said:
[quote=Kanashimi]Kawaii, Hakoot, reminds me of a Gaia character.
cuase it IS a gaian avatar xD;;

Oh, I'm good. XD
Feb 7, 2007 6:14 PM

Jan 2007
XxIlluminatorxX said:
I started drawing like 4 months ago and wow I am lets say along the lines of Arixx
I can see that he is truly skilled and has many hours of work under his belt

Some day I hope to surpass Arixx in the skill of drawing

somehow it seems unbelievable that you can get good in three months at the begining it is very frustrating everything looks off everything looks demented but after 3 months you start drawing magnificently and you feel like you are owning sorta like getting headshots in CS

Brother, it's taken me years to get where I am. That last drawing I posted was drawn 10 years ago. All I can say is practice, practice and practice =P

It can be very frustrating not being able to draw out whats in your head, I've been there many times over x.x

Feb 8, 2007 2:15 PM

Feb 2007
Feb 8, 2007 10:23 PM

Dec 2006
GAH! Eve-y's using Train's line!
Feb 10, 2007 2:11 PM

Feb 2007
Dx I know that!

Feb 16, 2007 1:09 AM

Jan 2007
Hmm. I'm also one of those crazies who only has "talent" because he's been at it for over a decade. ;p I like everyone's drawings tho. ^^

My most recent sketch is an original character, drawn in some notes. Blue lines removed in PhotoShop

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Twitchy_Fingah/Sketch269-1.jpg
woo.

Feb 16, 2007 3:46 AM
Sep 2006
Twitchy, I really like the outfit design. I think it looks awesome pose-wise as well. Can you tell me what she's leaning on/placing her hands on though, I can't tell.
Feb 16, 2007 6:28 AM

Jan 2007
I second Kana, that's very good, Twitchy!

Feb 16, 2007 3:22 PM

Dec 2006
Nice. Looks like her hands are on a pillar...
Apr 18, 2007 7:56 PM
Apr 18, 2007 8:00 PM

Jan 2007

Very good, You have tons of potential there! Eureka is looking good =D

Apr 19, 2007 12:23 PM

Feb 2007

some color and digital image of a little sketch

Donate to my awesomeness! | "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

221 by alexpaynesays »»
Yesterday, 8:26 AM

» I invite you to my stream channel

Chadoumaru - Apr 28

0 by Chadoumaru »»
Apr 28, 6:52 PM

» Kiseki Sorter

Shizuna - Apr 28

1 by Luc36 »»
Apr 28, 2:42 PM

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - Apr 23

2 by panque »»
Apr 28, 1:15 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
Apr 26, 5:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.