Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (25) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2011 10:38 AM

Jul 2011
I was guessing that I would cry. but not so much! I can't stop crying!
And all characters are so awesome.. and Menma.. and wahh.. T_T
Jul 11, 2011 12:03 PM

Dec 2010
i should not have seen this right before work i cried my eyes out and had to do my makeup all over again. this story was sofreaking sad
- Marissa Chan!
Jul 11, 2011 1:27 PM

Sep 2010
I totally loved this ep. It was the best in whole anime. It made me cry O:
Overall 9/10
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Jul 12, 2011 12:57 AM

Sep 2007
So. Why did the hat Jinta's dad was wearing blink? I dismissed it at first, thinking all the tears I was producing were blinding me but no... looking back I'm positive that thing blinked. Clearly, Jintan's dad is some kind of wizard.

Beautiful, beautiful show. To all the people getting their panties in a bunch over it being too melodramatic/a total sob fest...get over it. xD I went into this fully expecting to be sobbing buckets of tears at some point and AnoHana did not disappoint. I started crying at some point and seriously just did not stop until until the ending song finished.
Jul 16, 2011 5:57 AM

Oct 2009
Very, very, very satisfied with this ending.

I was even crying a while after the episode had ended. I totally adore the moment with Jintan reading Menma's personal message to him. (Something along the lines of..) "I love you, but the sort of love were I want to marry you" The message couldn't have been cuter.

I'm really sad this is the end.. I hope Jintan and the others were able to move on, remembering happily of Menma and of the times they spent together as the Super Peace Busters!
Jul 16, 2011 8:27 AM

Jun 2011
Sakulily said:
Very, very, very satisfied with this ending.

I was even crying a while after the episode had ended. I totally adore the moment with Jintan reading Menma's personal message to him. (Something along the lines of..) "I love you, but the sort of love were I want to marry you" The message couldn't have been cuter.

I'm really sad this is the end.. I hope Jintan and the others were able to move on, remembering happily of Menma and of the times they spent together as the Super Peace Busters!

no, screw menma. what an annoying character. so glad anaru has jintan now.

how upset are the menma fans that menma will have never kissed a guy but anaru will love jintain?
Jul 16, 2011 11:25 PM
Nov 2009
Beautiful end. I did not for one moment thought that all the screaming and crying was unwarranted, which surprised me a bit since it's usually overdone in anime. I am very very impressed with this anime. Second time I cried for an anime, with the first being the infamous Clannad Afterstory episode 18.

Oh Yukiatsu, I hate you so much but you were a magnificent character. I lost it when he put his arm around Jin-Tan and addressed him as leader once again. Had to wash my face afterward.

9/10 for me. No real faults but I just can't seem to pull the trigger on the 10/10 so I'll leave it as 9 for now. Anime of Spring for sure.
Jul 18, 2011 6:34 AM

Jun 2010
How can this make me cry so much? TT_TT
Jul 18, 2011 2:20 PM

May 2011
So much crying.

The series wasn't bad, but honestly. Anaru had better not been serious about getting over Jin-tan. Really..

I laughed when someone started crying so I wouldn't get annoyed. -.-
Jul 18, 2011 9:50 PM
Aug 2010
The end is not that bad compared to most other anime out there.
Hope it gets released in the states.
Jul 19, 2011 6:26 AM

Oct 2010
Al_Gore said:
how upset are the menma fans that menma will have never kissed a guy but anaru will love jintain?
I am taking it as life is not fair and so are the chances at love.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 20, 2011 2:33 AM

Aug 2008
This was a very good anime. I clapped.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2011 7:41 AM

Jun 2011
KIMI TO NATSU NO WARI

this always gets me a little bit... no homo
Jul 20, 2011 9:42 AM

Feb 2010
Gosh these kids have some issues. Show more proper than how Denpa ended up. Had it's similarity with the rockets and I'm there quote. Pretty short show only took me the night and this morning.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2011 11:32 PM

Dec 2009
*looks at small tear pool on her desk and looks up to see Menma appearing to everyone, and also them 10 years ago and smiles*

Damn that was a good Anime c':

*adds to her favorites list*

I....think I'm going to right a review about this.

*claps*

I....don't know what to say. 10/10.
Jul 21, 2011 2:39 AM

Oct 2009
sillyker0nian said:
*looks at small tear pool on her desk and looks up to see Menma appearing to everyone, and also them 10 years ago and smiles*

*claps*

Don't do it. You clearly can't write a review because your emotions will get in the way of reasoning.
Jul 21, 2011 3:36 AM

Jul 2009
AnoniMus said:
sillyker0nian said:

*claps*

Don't do it. You clearly can't write a review because your emotions will get in the way of reasoning.

+100000000000000000
Jul 21, 2011 7:07 AM

Oct 2009
Sunaro said:
AnoniMus said:
your emotions will get in the way of reasoning.

you're saying that anime (substantially and not only anime) made to be seen with a poker face, without any emotions? so what's the point of seeing it? i wonder what's your age.

Didn't say that.
But a review is supposed to be rational and not emotional.
From her post it looks like she wouldn't be able to right a proper review, maybe it would only mention something like "it's great, made me cry". When a review is supposed to tell us about the facts, characters, artwork, dialogues, story, development, reason behind actions, etc. And clearly with those points into consideration a 9 or 10 is unaceptable. Of course I'm talking about quality (and for me more than 6 is wrong), not enjoyment, that is what's emotional and anyone give what they felt while watching the anime.
But again, a review is supposed to be rational and not emotional.
AnoniMusJul 21, 2011 7:11 AM
Jul 21, 2011 8:59 AM

Jun 2011
AnoniMus said:
Sunaro said:
AnoniMus said:
your emotions will get in the way of reasoning.

you're saying that anime (substantially and not only anime) made to be seen with a poker face, without any emotions? so what's the point of seeing it? i wonder what's your age.

Didn't say that.
But a review is supposed to be rational and not emotional.
From her post it looks like she wouldn't be able to right a proper review, maybe it would only mention something like "it's great, made me cry". When a review is supposed to tell us about the facts, characters, artwork, dialogues, story, development, reason behind actions, etc. And clearly with those points into consideration a 9 or 10 is unaceptable. Of course I'm talking about quality (and for me more than 6 is wrong), not enjoyment, that is what's emotional and anyone give what they felt while watching the anime.
But again, a review is supposed to be rational and not emotional.

i think your emotional hatred for your show is clouding your judgment.

a good fiction is SUPPOSED to emotionally move you. Whether it's in the form of tears, laughter, goosebumps, etc. this show's entire purpose was to get the viewers to feel sympathy/empathy for people who have lost loved ones/childhood friends/or just understand the feeling of being alone.

if the show made someone become moved to tears and therefore, they love the show. Then the writers of the anime achieved their goal of making the viewers sympathize for the writing/direction/characters of the show while enjoying the story. (if you didn't enjoy the story, well, that's just like your opinion man)

it's pretty silly of you to say "ALL JUDGMENTS ABOUT A WORK OF FICTION MUST BE COMPLETELY RATIONAL AND MUST FOLLOW THESE FORMULAIC CRITERIA"
Al_GoreJul 21, 2011 9:03 AM
Jul 21, 2011 9:57 AM

Oct 2009
But I don't exclude emotion from the review, it's only one of the factors that should be in it.
And the judgements have to be rational even in part of it deviates from emotion. In other words rationalize the reason for emotion. That is for reviewing purpose.

For me it failed completely, simple as that, and I could make a review about it pointing all concrete stuff bad about the anime, but I'm not good at it so I won't do it.
Jul 21, 2011 10:55 AM

Jan 2011
this ending is quite similar to Tokyo Magnitude in a way that we will not forget the past but at the same time we move on

i cant believe Yukiatsu needs to hear it from Tsuruko to know she has feelings for him...

i am satisfy with the ending and the series overall is 8/10 for me
Jul 21, 2011 12:36 PM

Jun 2011
AnoniMus said:
But I don't exclude emotion from the review, it's only one of the factors that should be in it.
And the judgements have to be rational even in part of it deviates from emotion. In other words rationalize the reason for emotion. That is for reviewing purpose.

For me it failed completely, simple as that, and I could make a review about it pointing all concrete stuff bad about the anime, but I'm not good at it so I won't do it.

how hard are your nipples right now
Jul 21, 2011 6:51 PM

Apr 2008
Someone on the first page said "If you haven't cried during this series, your a Machine". Well i'm a half-machine then. I havent cried during the show but i got choked up with the conversation between Menma and Jinta's mom, and the last scene. AH SHIT! That scene with the gang reading their letters got me. Darn it AnoHana! I went through three years without crying until today!

Yet even though i didn't cry, i'm still giving this a 10. The emotions, the music, the animation, it flowed so perfectly together. The fact that the gang called each other by their nicknames only added to the naivety. Really wonderful job, especially Jinta's seiyuu, Miyu Irino (who also voices Sora in the KH games, talk about mind blown.). I even somewhat forgave Yukiatsu when he called Jinta "leader".

The bonds between friends may waver, but in the end they have each other once a common goal (Menma's trip to heaven) is established. Amazing. 10/10.
apolloisfineJul 21, 2011 7:28 PM
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Jul 22, 2011 9:23 AM
Jul 2009
May have been cliche, but I still feel this was a great last episode. And heck, I cried. A LOT.
Jul 22, 2011 9:34 AM

Oct 2009
Al_Gore said:
AnoniMus said:

how hard are your nipples right now

Sorry, my trolling resumes to talking trash about Anohana, not offtopic.
Jul 22, 2011 1:17 PM

May 2008
I didn't cried, and I'm quite suprised since I always cry on every drama.
But I acknowledge that it was awesome. Strong 8/10.

Jul 23, 2011 10:18 AM
Mar 2011
To be honest... Even though the last scene was meant to be touching, I cried tears of laughter instead. The way they yelled out to Menma at the end was pretty awkward and had me in tears (the wrong kind).

Still, this anime was great. Would've been better if it had the standard 12 episodes instead of 11 though, there would've been more room for development.
Jul 24, 2011 4:12 AM

May 2008
I don't get it.
10 episodes of nothing, 1 episode of useless crying, and people love this.

The worst thing is that I wanted to like it, and hoped for the quality to increase until the end, but it didn't happen.
Jul 24, 2011 7:56 AM

Nov 2007
it was okay, a little too cliche but it wasn't that bad. 9/10
Jul 25, 2011 10:58 PM

Jun 2009
still moved.

10/10
Jul 25, 2011 11:13 PM

Nov 2009
Pretty cliche and melodramatic at the end, and they should have given more closure rather than a quick montage. I was expecting more from this.
Earth gets angry after a kick in the face.
Jul 26, 2011 2:33 AM

May 2011
Hope there will be an ova soon...
and IT MUST!!
Jul 26, 2011 8:01 PM

Nov 2007
I totally agree with Danila. The anime is very touching, but it has a lot of cliches, the pace of the development of the story is pretty slow, but if you get involved with it, will shake your feelings for sure. 10 for me is a totally emotional rating, 8 is fair and square.
"A lesser man might call it a day and bask in the echoing voices of cheer and celebration. A lesser man might delight in the moment, knowing he's the ultimate hero, a benevolent Big Brother to all and an inspirational light of hope in the darkest of times.

But Superman is not a lesser man. He renews his vigorous patrol of our world for wherever the battle for trust and justice must be fought, Superman will be there.
Forever...and always."- Superman #150
Aug 1, 2011 6:51 AM

Sep 2010
Nice ending, but I don't really liked it that much.
I guess this series is the best this last season.

Anyway +Fav and 10/10 from me.
Aug 1, 2011 10:50 AM

Mar 2011
Wow.. i dont think i've cried so much in an anime since like clannad, really touching and well done. 10/10
Aug 2, 2011 3:07 AM

Dec 2010
well for the anime itself,its good,but the ending is expected,wish granted and menma would be gone. well but the story is pretty realistic and it teach me lots of things. 9/10 for this anime !
Aug 3, 2011 6:40 AM

Jul 2010
hm... didn't cry at all, and I cry way too easily... weird. XD
Anime was pretty good, one of the few where I had to watch everything in a row, but still it failed to evoke any emotion in me.
The ending didn't quite feel like an ending to me.
Aug 5, 2011 6:42 AM

Apr 2009
I still don't know the correct praise for the anime I saw that day.

All I can say is that the ending was the beautiful ending I wanted. It was extra satisfying when everyone got to see and talk to Menma before she passed on. Catharsis. There was catharsis for everyone, and it was nice to see them move on with their lives at the end.

I couldn't care less about what the haters have to say, I was moved by the show and its characters. AnoHana gets an easy 10/10 for me.
Aug 6, 2011 9:14 PM

Dec 2010
I'll admit, I bawled like crazy at the end. Can't remember the last time I cried that much while watching anime. Still wish it was a bit longer than 11 episodes. 10/10
Aug 8, 2011 8:55 AM
Feb 2011
I shed a manly tear, though it was a bit awkward indeed. It had the potential to make me cry for real but it didn't, even though the buildup was fine.
Beautiful anime though, one of the best I've seen for the past few years. I'm glad I watched it, even though I've been progressing a bit slowly. I needed to be prepared for this. I know it's probably worth an 8, and it has its flaws so a 10 is a bit too much, but I'm seriously hesitating between a 9 or even 10. How will I rate this? Emotionally or objectively?
godspeedspikeAug 8, 2011 8:59 AM
Aug 8, 2011 1:06 PM

Oct 2009
godspeedspike said:
I shed a manly tear, though it was a bit awkward indeed. It had the potential to make me cry for real but it didn't, even though the buildup was fine.
Beautiful anime though, one of the best I've seen for the past few years. I'm glad I watched it, even though I've been progressing a bit slowly. I needed to be prepared for this. I know it's probably worth an 8, and it has its flaws so a 10 is a bit too much, but I'm seriously hesitating between a 9 or even 10. How will I rate this? Emotionally or objectively?

objectively.
Aug 10, 2011 7:51 PM

Nov 2007
Agree.
"A lesser man might call it a day and bask in the echoing voices of cheer and celebration. A lesser man might delight in the moment, knowing he's the ultimate hero, a benevolent Big Brother to all and an inspirational light of hope in the darkest of times.

But Superman is not a lesser man. He renews his vigorous patrol of our world for wherever the battle for trust and justice must be fought, Superman will be there.
Forever...and always."- Superman #150
Aug 12, 2011 10:00 PM

Apr 2010
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay graet anime it take me back to beleive that their still be graet anime in 2011! thanks for every one shares in creating this great anime which is full of passion that i wish to be in our daily life >>>think that your friends love that much as menma ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh it will be the heaven for me^^!
Aug 15, 2011 11:27 AM
Dec 2008
The sweetest, most tear-jerking ending of any animé I've ever watched. My girlfriend had to give me a hug afterwards, to cheer me up. Beautiful! Sentimental! Perfect! 10/10
Aug 15, 2011 4:16 PM

Mar 2010
Well, i just cryed,cryed,and cryed all the whole time in the last epi...Just perfect... 9/10 (wait,just perfect but 9/10,why ? ) Cuz it ended very fast lol.Only 11 epi is bad for a great anime like it.
Aug 15, 2011 11:54 PM

Apr 2011
This is the first thing that has made me cry in the past 4 years.... This is truly sad. No words can explain....
Aug 16, 2011 3:54 AM

Aug 2008
Superman said:
I totally agree with Danila. The anime is very touching, but it has a lot of cliches, the pace of the development of the story is pretty slow, but if you get involved with it, will shake your feelings for sure. 10 for me is a totally emotional rating, 8 is fair and square.

Even so, I grew attached to the characters and that's what made it so good.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Aug 16, 2011 12:11 PM
Aug 2011
the scene where everyone is running around looking for menma and with menma background voice saying "not yet" made me burst.
Aug 17, 2011 9:11 AM

Feb 2010
Great anime, really made me cry in the end...
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 17, 2011 12:13 PM

Apr 2010
Really beautiful episode. I cried. ;w;
Pages (25) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

230 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

217 by NillyPC »»
Apr 22, 6:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.