Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (112) « First ... « 87 88 [89] 90 91 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2014 3:07 PM
Oct 2010
I just finished the sickest triple wombo-combo of No-Game No-Life, Samurai Flamenco, and Kill la Kill that has left me totally floored in terms of quality.

After NGNL's art, SF's concept, and KlK's everything I'm not sure any anime could satisfy me the same way again...

Probably gonna try Tokyo ESP and Akame ga Kill, but otherwise the new season looks flat for me. Super hype for the new season of Psycho Pass coming up though!
Jul 3, 2014 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
@hawkin One word...Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica ^-^
Jul 3, 2014 6:31 PM
Jan 2012
humblechili said:
@hawkin One word...Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica ^-^

Agreed!!! Watch the Movies instead if you don't have time LOL
Jul 4, 2014 8:52 AM

Aug 2013
OrigamiDJ said:
I watched a lot of DJs push the play button all weekend :3

I hope not on laptop, but rather on turntables ? ;)

If you want, take a look. Me on action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enuXsR41m_s ;)
rsc-plJul 4, 2014 8:58 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 4, 2014 11:49 AM

Aug 2010
Finished UtaPri and started Nana today. Just to note, the female protagonist of UtaPri has the creepiest eyes ever.

I remember when I read the manga version of Nana, I borrowed the books from the library and pretty much marathoned them. The story just sucked me in. I hope this anime adaption makes justice to the original manga :D

Jul 4, 2014 11:55 AM

Feb 2013
I think Nana was great, I need to rewatch it someday.

Started GJ-bu and also moved a lot of series to on-hold or PTW as I have no intention of watching them right now...
Jul 4, 2014 6:42 PM

Oct 2011
still watching pokemon minus the fillers.. im at the pokemon league in the hoenn region. thats about the halfway mark so im progressing quite nicely. also been catching up to naruto shippuden like i said i was gonna do. oh ive been missing some neat stuff. next to catch up on is hunter x hunter. then the dreadful 100+ eps of one piece i fell behind on. wish me luck!

Jul 5, 2014 12:37 AM

Jun 2014
i never really liked pokemon o.o. But i really liked digimon
Jul 5, 2014 8:39 AM

Feb 2013
Finished GJ-bu last night, it was so sweet!

Illustration said:

Oh look I'm not the only one who liked digimon a lot more than pokemon, especially Tamers.
Jul 5, 2014 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
Illustration said:

Ascius said:
Oh look I'm not the only one who liked digimon a lot more than pokemon, especially Tamers.

What?! I did not know these type of people existed...
Jul 5, 2014 9:58 PM

Jun 2014
humblechili said:
Illustration said:

Ascius said:

ohhh you said it! tamers was the best ! Still is!

*virtual handshake*
Jul 6, 2014 8:08 AM

Jan 2013
SuperLotus97 said:
RDW said:
I'm currently watching Code Geass. It's pretty good, LeLouch is pretty badass. Why does there have to be a harem though...¬_¬

wow, someone who hasn't watched Code Geass yet.
Are you serious? There's like 3 girls all over him already.

I just finished School Days...wow what a load of shit, it makes Mirai Nikki look like a masterpiece. Even the ending wasn't enough to redeem this tripe. 3/10 is generous.
I also just finished Corpse Party: Tortured Souls after playing the game. It was alright, but there's nowhere near as much atmosphere as the game and a lot of stuff was left out that could've made it a lot better, they could've benefit from making a full series out of this. Ah well, I rate it 6/10
Jul 6, 2014 8:20 AM

Apr 2011
RDW said:
SuperLotus97 said:

wow, someone who hasn't watched Code Geass yet.

I wasn't talking about the harem. I just meant that it's a popular show so a lot of people have already watched it
Jul 6, 2014 8:25 AM

Jan 2013
SuperLotus97 said:
RDW said:

I wasn't talking about the harem. I just meant that it's a popular show so a lot of people have already watched it
Ohh haha, my bad. Yeah I'm pretty late on this one.
Jul 6, 2014 10:13 AM

Jun 2014
i actually havent watch code geass >.>/ Does it really live up to it's hype?
Jul 6, 2014 11:24 AM

Oct 2011
humblechili said:
Illustration said:

Ascius said:

im with you chili, what is wrong with these people -____-

well i also love digimon.. a lot! but how can you say you like it better than pokemon?! oh god. ill admit tamers was great but i still think the first season was the best

oh and code geass was pretty good but i dont see why people think its the best anime ever. yeah it had a cool plot and all but imo, it wasnt anything special. just another good watch

Jul 6, 2014 11:25 AM

Aug 2010
Just watched the seventh movie of Kara no Kyoukai. It was nice all the way, really enjoined it but....

Also, at ep seven in Deadman Wonderland... I really love this show, at least for now. The anime has some awesome characters such as Minatsuki and Makina. Well, let's see how this all ends. They are going to release the first volume of the manga here in August. Just cannot wait!

Ascius said:

Illustration said:

Digimon is awesome, works better as anime than Pokemon. I pretty much liked all the seasons.. but top three will be: Adventure 02 (Digimon Emperor wtf), Savers and then Tamers. I hope you guys haven't watched Digimon with Eng dub since the Americans censored all the fun and changed the soundtrack. Myself I have watched them in Finnish and in Japanese.

Jul 6, 2014 11:42 AM

Oct 2011
Lumikki said:
Just watched the seventh movie of Kara no Kyoukai. It was nice all the way, really enjoined it but....

Also, at ep seven in Deadman Wonderland... I really love this show, at least for now. The anime has some awesome characters such as Minatsuki and Makina. Well, let's see how this all ends. They are going to release the first volume of the manga here in August. Just cannot wait!

Ascius said:

Digimon is awesome, works better as anime than Pokemon. I pretty much liked all the seasons.. but top three will be: Adventure 02 (Digimon Emperor wtf), Savers and then Tamers. I hope you guys haven't watched Digimon with Eng dub since the Americans censored all the fun and changed the soundtrack. Myself I have watched them in Finnish and in Japanese.
duuuuuuude senpai! deadman wonderland is still in my top ;5 for a reason! i loved everything about that anime ^^ and if you have any interest in senji kiyomasa (crow) then i suggest watching the ova after that. it shows how he gets his powers. anyway i wish it didnt stop where it did. i went a little past it in the manga and its still getting better

yeah ive watched the first 3 seasons of digimon in english and in japanese. the japanese had all the fun and the english had all the pun!

anyways ive been finishing up inuyasha the final act for now. yeah i keep saying im gonna watch things then go watching something completely different.. sue me

oh and i watched all the fairy tail ovas lus fairy tail x rave since i finally finished rave master. i thought the xover was great except; for the fact that haru looks completely different and has a different VA. besides that it was really cool seeing the characters interact with each other

Jul 6, 2014 12:06 PM

Oct 2011
im gonna try akame ga kill, sword art second season, magi: sinbad no bouken, and maybe hanamonogatari (depending if i watch monogatari second season or not)

Jul 6, 2014 12:16 PM

Feb 2013
Illustration said:
Any anime you guys following for this season?
Tokyo Ghoul, Argevollen, Glasslip, Barakamon, Aldnoah Zero, Zankyou no Terror, P4 Golden and maybe Tokyo ESP.
Jul 6, 2014 12:18 PM

Jun 2014
deleted my comment cause i saw an on going anime post.

i usually watch all and drop some as it goes. but im looking at SAO2, AgK, tokyo ghoul and hamatora s2 ( i think so)
Jul 6, 2014 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
RDW said:
I just finished School Days...wow what a load of shit, it makes Mirai Nikki look like a masterpiece. Even the ending wasn't enough to redeem this tripe. 3/10 is generous.
I also just finished Corpse Party: Tortured Souls after playing the game. It was alright, but there's nowhere near as much atmosphere as the game and a lot of stuff was left out that could've made it a lot better, they could've benefit from making a full series out of this. Ah well, I rate it 6/10

That is exactly how I felt about both those animes. Makoto still goes on as my least favorite character of all time.
Jul 6, 2014 1:34 PM

Jan 2013
humblechili said:

That is exactly how I felt about both those animes. Makoto still goes on as my least favorite character of all time.
He really is the worst anime character I've come across so far, even worse than Sasuke and Yukiteru. The girls in the series weren't much better to be honest.
Jul 8, 2014 11:38 AM

Jan 2009
Watched the first episodes of Akame ga Kill and Aldnoah Zero last night. Aldnoah Zero seems like it could be above average, Akame ga Kill was kind of meh until
but I don't know if the show is going to have more substance than that...
Jul 8, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2013
I watched you get dressed this morning...

*super creepy smile*
Jul 8, 2014 1:44 PM

Jan 2009
Hey its just bros being bros, nothing creepy about it.

Right now watching Brazil get slaughtered by Germany
Jul 8, 2014 5:22 PM

Apr 2013
lol at that game! Take that Brazil for the cheap-o stuff from the opening game
Jul 8, 2014 10:26 PM

Jul 2013
Imagine the laughter i had with my friend on that game when we were a bit drunk too. Germany rolled them over like a tank rolls over the flower. GRRRREAT! ...and then to the real topic, im watching now kill la kill and for my mindset it's liek purrfect! :3
Jul 9, 2014 5:07 AM
Jul 2018
I have been watching Lucky Star and that show just makes me happy.
Jul 9, 2014 8:10 AM

Jul 2013
I watched lucky star year ago i think, maybe i should re-watch it since its just so golden :D but maybe i do azumanga daioh first since that i watched 10 years ago last time :p
Jul 9, 2014 11:32 AM

Nov 2012
im watching starship operators and gilgamesh on DVD

Jul 9, 2014 11:33 AM

May 2008
fairy tail ova
Jul 10, 2014 12:35 PM

Aug 2010
humblechili said:
I have been watching Lucky Star and that show just makes me happy.

I just started Sakura Trick and it gives me the same feeling. Extremely cute and funny anime. My facial expression is pretty much this: x3 while watching it.

Completed Madoka Magica manga, damn made me recall how awesome the anime was. Totally gonna watch the movies very soon. The end always makes me cry ;__ ; one of the most beautiful endings ever.

Also completed Deadman Wonderland... damn that show was awesome, but left unfinished. The enjoyment level was all the time 5/5, but I gave it a 9 since ended in the middle. Cannot wait to read the manga though! Wish August could come sooner.

Jul 10, 2014 1:02 PM

Jan 2012
Sakura Trick had me in a trance. Pretty sure I was doing things I wouldn't normally be doing, like giggling and rolling around my bed like the characters in Chuunibyou and other comedy anime. Probably was in the fetal position a few times too. It was just so damn intense at times!

Not to mention the anime is also a great showcase of anime physics.
Jul 10, 2014 3:52 PM
Jul 2018
Lumikki said:
Completed Madoka Magica manga, damn made me recall how awesome the anime was. Totally gonna watch the movies very soon. The end always makes me cry ;__ ; one of the most beautiful endings ever.

I loved the movies so much. The third movie is a work of art imo and has my personal favorite soundtrack of all time (anime and non-anime), however it is not everyone's cup of tea.
Jul 10, 2014 6:13 PM

Aug 2007
Well, Actually I am watching several animes from the summer season of this year:

1. Sailor Moon Crystal. I am a big fan of this anime, so I begin to watching it, but... I have to wait 2 weeks for each episode!

2. Glassip. Recently I like to watch animes from P.A. works, I hope that this anime will be a good choice to watch.

3. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun I really enjoyed the first episode, the protagonist is so hilarious!
Jul 11, 2014 12:48 AM
Jan 2012
Ahhh Sakura trick, I remember when I was watching it I had a pillow to my face the entire time probably trying to cover the shameless grin I had the entire time while watching it LOL.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is really funny, the expressions are great and I really liked the opening song as well.

I just watched Zankyou no Terror as well and man it has been a while since I felt really good about a psychological anime that came out recently. This has been a surprise for me.
MeatBoiJul 11, 2014 1:44 AM
Jul 11, 2014 10:19 AM

Oct 2011
I am watching Gokukoku no Brynhildr now, almost finished.
I think its pretty nice, good Art. The story could be nice, but they built in too many flaws :( And the ecchi scenes are really too much for that kind of series. From the creator of elfen lied I was expecting a bit more...

Very sad is, that its only censored, exept you have the BR version.

But overall...its enjoyable for a lazy day or two.
Jul 11, 2014 3:10 PM

Jan 2009
Just watched the first episodes of Barakamon, Tokyo Ghoul, and Zankyou no Terror. All three were pretty good, will be following them all this season.

Now I'm gonna try that volleyball one...
Jul 12, 2014 7:03 AM

Nov 2011
I finished watching the 3rd season of Bakuman today :)
Such a sweet anime. Decided on watching one outs now. I'm not into sports but the main character picked my interest. He reminds me a lot of Hisoka from Hunter X Hunter

Jul 13, 2014 1:03 PM

Jan 2009
Started watching Psycho Pass, really awesome.
Jul 13, 2014 2:11 PM

Nov 2011
I finished one outs. it really sucked me to till the end even if I barely was understanding what was going with baseball.
I started akagi now. I guess psychological seinen shows won me over this period

Jul 13, 2014 2:43 PM

Aug 2010
Psychological animu are great!!

Watched K-On movie today. Awesome to see familiar surroundings there. Reminds me that I should visit London again in a near future.

Jul 13, 2014 4:27 PM

Mar 2014
Watching Sabagbu! at the moment
I would read pcp if it was a manga!
Jul 14, 2014 7:35 AM

Aug 2008
Tonyuuh said:
I started akagi now. I guess psychological seinen shows won me over this period

YES! Akagi is absolutely awesome! Since you are OK with unusual art styles, I'd also recommend Mononoke. :)

As for myself, started on Kuroko no Basket S2. Looking good so far. Enjoyed the first season. :)
Jul 14, 2014 7:45 AM

Jul 2013
Just finished Kill la kill, loved the art style ;D now im gonna start No Game No Life.
Jul 14, 2014 11:57 AM

Mar 2014
zodac said:
Started watching Psycho Pass, really awesome.

Psycho pass is awesone. one of my favs :) i love makishima shougo.
I just finished watching mushishi second season. i think its a really good anime even though there isnt really much action. Its so peacefull and unique.
"Be it a rock or a grain of sand, in water they sink as the same."
Jul 14, 2014 2:15 PM

Dec 2008
Started Kuroko no Basket the other day. Good so far.
Jul 14, 2014 7:22 PM

Feb 2014
I found the last season disappointing, Isshuukan Friends was the only winner for me really.

Some of the new series I've started for the current season look promising: Barakamon (slice of life at its finest), Ao Haru Ride (some romance to induce some Japanese fangirl screams from me), and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (to tickle my funny bone which it has done so very successfully so far) ^_^
Jul 14, 2014 7:24 PM

Dec 2012
^ I've also started watching Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and so far it's great & hilarious
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (112) « First ... « 87 88 [89] 90 91 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.