Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 7, 2014 2:37 AM
Feb 2011
Renato said:
Frederica thought Yang would die like Don Corleone.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I broke down with Frederica. I still can't believe that Yang is no more and Julian's stepping into his shoes. It must suck for those politicians to be told off by a boy decades their junior. I have a newfound respect for Murai, too. It's not easy to do one right thing when your only reward is a bad reputation.
Apr 13, 2014 2:09 AM

Sep 2008
Fuck, that was depressing. :(
Apr 24, 2014 3:08 PM

Mar 2013
Baman said:
I have yet to see any other anime portray grief this realistic. The varied reactions were all brilliantly portrayed and seemed much more real than the usual melodrama grief you see in other series.

At this point I'm not surprised, I expect mastery in every area by LOGH, and much like Yang Wenli it does not disappoint. Truly Flawless and should be the guidebook for anime that want true meaning and value in their contents. Generally grief is handled poorly in other anime, striking the right balance and atmosphere and weighing its realism and impact is incredibly hard. Notice how brilliantly it handles Frederica's grief. She initially handles it stoically eventhough you can tell she is devastated. Later on in the episode when she momentarily breaks down, you can't help but pull for her and feel her plight.
blue_hitomi said:
I think I shed more tears than for the previous episode; the reactions of everyone was so realistic (though sometimes suprising, for instance I would have never thought to see Cazernes crying). The choice of Frederica and Julian as political and military successors is logical if based on the hope that everyone will follow them for the sake of Yang memory. Murai's moral sacrifice is very admirable to drain the people would be deserters or traitors later on with him.
Can't wait to see Lohengramm reaction ; he has lost what whas maybe his only reason to live or at least to fight.

Comment is the perfect summation of most of our feelings after this episode. I'm sure we aren't the only ones that cried here more than the previous episode.

stAtic91 said:
Julian went berserk with rage; I never thought I'd see him like that.

I urged him on, never have I wanted him to explode like that. Even at expressing rage and frustration, no show can match LOGH.

stAtic91 said:
tainteddonut said:
The scene where she confessed she couldn't care less as long as she had Yang was really well done.

Yeah, that really made me tear up... In my opinion, it was the most depressing and sad moment so far in LoGH.

Yes this part is where the trickle of tears up till this point really got out of control on my part. I would expound more on this, but even thinking about it is painful.

Hakuromatsu said:
If (i.e. when) I ever watch this series again, I'm going to look at Murai very differently. He's played a necessary but thankless role as Yang's Chief of Staff all along, and I have to respect a man who's willing to draw ire upon himself for the greater good.

His sacrifice here is truly a testament to his integrity and character, and it does more to showcase that than anything he could have possibly done throughout the show.
SlickDApr 24, 2014 3:31 PM
May 18, 2014 2:08 AM

Apr 2013
I felt sad and empty last episode. This episode brought my sadness to the forefront and I became choked up and teary eyed at various points I am not ashamed to admit. Especially the part where Frederica finally broke down. This is the first time the death of a character has done that to me. What a great series you are LOGH, to get me this invested in a fictional character.
Jun 22, 2014 8:27 PM
Jul 2012
i-i couldn't masturbate the morning after watching this episode i was too depressed and it felt like it would be disrespectful to the memory of Yang. It was the most realistically, profoundly sad death in any anime i've ever seen. it was especially saddening that he couldn't really fend for himself because he was all groggy from the sleeping pill he'd taken, and that he died such a lonely death.
Jun 24, 2014 9:49 AM

Sep 2013
guyldouche said:
i-i couldn't masturbate the morning after watching this

Your sacrifices will be remembered.
Jun 26, 2014 1:07 AM

Jun 2009
Ahaha, that's one of weird compliments I've ever seen someone give a show.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 27, 2014 1:09 PM

Jan 2013
guyldouche said:
i-i couldn't masturbate the morning after watching this

I-I know that feeling bro ;__;
LoGH is best Brazzers material.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jun 30, 2014 10:47 PM

Sep 2011
This series has made me feel like someone just shot my dog.

These past 2 episodes were the long overdue episodes that pushed my 8/10 to a 9/10 finally. seriously its been on the borderline since.....kirchies death, its good to finally have something to push it up.....too bad it happened to be brought on by misery.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 9, 2014 10:59 AM

Nov 2013
Ugh, heart wrenching scenes. I thought it was too good to be true for Frederica to be taking it that well...

:(
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 18, 2014 8:09 PM

Jun 2012
Even though I knew it was coming last episode, it still hit me hard...

This episode though. I lost count of the amount of times I teared up. Seeing the vision of "old Yang" in his chair just finished me off. Everyone's reactions and the reality of the situation is just so damn sad.

It won't be the same without Yang.
Nov 3, 2014 7:07 AM

Apr 2008
That was way more sadder and way more realistic than I expected. The after shock of his death really showed, especially on the ones who loved him most. Perfect episode. RIP Miracle Yang.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Nov 5, 2014 12:00 AM

Dec 2010
I now realize what the ED for this season was portraying...Such realistic emotions, and Frederica was the star in this ep for me...This series is too great.
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Nov 5, 2014 12:26 AM

May 2013
I really can't see how people like Reinhard more than Yang.
Nov 14, 2014 8:33 PM

Mar 2012
I wonder how Reinhard and the Empire will react to the news of Yang's death.

Pxi2 said:
I really can't see how people like Reinhard more than Yang.

That's like if I said that I really can't see how people like Yang more than Reinhard ಠ_ಠ Silly post is silly.
Jan 14, 2015 4:38 AM

Dec 2012

Mar 7, 2015 7:45 PM

Aug 2014
This episode of after-math was quite sad. I miss Yang more now. I miss Kircheis more though.
Mar 7, 2015 7:51 PM

May 2013
berserker15 said:
This episode of after-math was quite sad. I miss Yang more now. I miss Kircheis more though.

Nobody misses Jean Lapp. Feels bad.
Apr 9, 2015 8:44 PM

Sep 2014
drowning in tears rn
Apr 11, 2015 7:43 AM

Jun 2014
Yang Wenli died in such a peaceful way, too bad Julian couldn't get there in time.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Apr 12, 2015 12:41 PM
Mar 2014
There was more of an impact this episode than the last. Yang's death was more of a shock than anything, but this episode things sunk in. I'm not ashamed to admit that this episode had me in tears.
Jun 3, 2015 11:25 AM
Nov 2014
Well.... Frederica crying was pretty fecking sad. I wonder what will happen now...
Jun 20, 2015 7:20 PM

May 2012
Damn this was a depressive episode :/ I really feel bad that Yang Wenli had to go that way he did and especially for his wife :|

Decent development but well let's see what's next.
Jul 20, 2015 7:00 AM

Dec 2013
It feels so surreal not having Yang around. Can't believe he s actually gone. Seeing everyone's reactions was sad. So many feels! Also they need to change that ending ASAP! It's painful to see >.<
Jul 20, 2015 6:40 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Rip my feels...
Jul 23, 2015 9:36 PM

Jan 2014
RIP

There is really nothing else I want to say T_T
Aug 26, 2015 10:52 AM

May 2012
god damn, seeing julian and fredrica and everyones reactions was more heart breaking than actually seeing yang die
Dec 27, 2015 8:34 AM

Jul 2013
Depressing every single second of this episode, I know I shouldn't put too much feeling about it but damn they know how to hit hard on the weak spot. I'm having this gloomy face like Yang's soldiers right now.
Jan 29, 2016 12:46 AM

Dec 2012
When Julian found Yang's body...wow...the way he went berserk was so unsettling. Every moment with Frederica was so heartbreaking, especially when she described the way Yang should have lived and died. It feels like this has become a lost cause, but Julian has proven before that if anyone can succeed Yang's vision, he's the one. Also props to Murai, by taking deserters with him he can stop the unrest within the remnants of those who stay behind and let them establish a stronger core.
Apr 20, 2016 11:18 PM

Jan 2014
This episode was more touching for me than the previous one.
Rest in peace, Admiral ;-;
Jun 22, 2016 2:21 PM

Aug 2014
"If he's not alive, things will no longer be interesting."
I hope that's not the case because so far I'll be lying if I said that I'm exicted to see Julian succeeding Yang.

Julian's going ham on those Terranist scums was both satisfying and sad the same time, as for Frederica's reaction? That fucking broke me :(

Reinhard is going to be oh so pissed once he hears about this.
Nov 8, 2016 3:40 AM

Aug 2014
Very sad episode, Yang will not be forgotten.
Dec 31, 2016 6:05 PM

Jul 2008
Wolfiexe said:
This episode though. I lost count of the amount of times I teared up. Seeing the vision of "old Yang" in his chair just finished me off.
This is what really, really got to me. The frustrating unfairness of it all. He just wanted a simple life and then just to retire but it was never meant to be and it's devastating.

BEGINNER
Jun 22, 2017 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
I prefer ep.82 to be the saddest episode, this is also a sad episode as well. The reactions of Schenkopp, Julian and Frederica, ugh, so sad
Jun 28, 2017 8:48 AM
Jun 2015
my tears won't stop ;-; this is so depressing :( why did yang have to die...i....just.. i don't care anymore !!!!!!!!!
Nov 1, 2017 8:23 PM

Oct 2012
I just watched this episode at work, and now I have to look presentable in front of customers ;~;
Nov 29, 2017 7:22 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Julian is the new leader and Frederika will be the next political head!!!
Apr 17, 2018 9:50 PM

Jul 2017
This was a depressing episode.
May 16, 2018 9:23 PM
Apr 2018
Oh, well I killed off Soul too soon. Glad he made it at least.

The scene where Julian was killing the cultists was so strange. They looked surprised to see a dead Yang and weren't armed. It was so random it made me laugh with their shocked faces.

Very sad episode.

Why would the Earth cult advertise that it was them who did it?

El Sacil government continue to be the worst.

Murai leaving is sad too. Thanks for everything Sir.

Not going to do power rankings but the MVP is Frederica. That scene was amazing.
Nov 1, 2018 10:45 PM
Apr 2018
Well, everything is falling apart: Yang Fleet has less soldiers, no leader, less admirals, no support, a government representative ill and have no idea what to do next.

Now I want to know the Empire's decision on the peace talk: they'll eventually realise it's taking Yang too long to get there.
Nov 10, 2018 1:12 AM

Feb 2017
Approriate to use the entire episode on the forces at Iserlohn. They're all going through enough to take the whole time. There's still so much to unpack about this new situation.
Mar 29, 2019 1:22 AM

Dec 2015
Tbh, at the end of episode 82, I don't feel sad or anything at all when the scene ended and the narrator said time for Yang had ended. Most probably because:

- I binge-watched at 4 am local time and my brain can't functioning properly
- More importantly, it's Yang, and what I had in mind are just simple things like "WTF?!" and "It can't be like this!". I've watched quiet number of anime, but I think this is the first time I feel like this when a character die, not to mention the main cast. It as if you're being informed of a passing of your relatives or friends (if I can put it more close to what I'm felt)
Edit : the correct word here is numb...

But, in this particular episode, the mood and how those characters accepting Yang's death were actually more realistic and interesting.

The scene when Frederica said she doesn't care if democracy were cease to exist and started crying, man, that actually made me close to shed tears. Great voice acting there and props to her VA.

Farewell and thank you Murai. He's not really fun compared to most others (and have less screentime) but I always respect and like him for what he is. Hopefully he will survive and retire when all shits settle down somewhere.

Funny thing is, I've saw a thumbnail of video on YouTube that showed Yang lying down in a glass container or something, but since the title is in moonrunes so I can only speculate lol
JuuzouXIIIMar 29, 2019 1:49 AM
Nov 20, 2019 9:05 PM

Nov 2017
Heeeeaaaavvvyyy

I agree with most everyone here. I don't think I've seen death handled in this way in an anime series. Everyone's grief was very gut wrenching, probably because the death of Yang is finally sinking in with us viewers as well. Good stuff.
Nov 24, 2019 2:16 AM

Oct 2012
Julian didn't study history well enough
Almost all "great" people are like this died because of assassinations
They don't need reasons other than they're making world harder to "exploit" for some people or even as simple they're "great"

Damn Frederica's seiyuu.. she's really doing a great job

Actually in just one episode I kinda knew why Yang's death is really important
I'm seeing Julian as smarter person than Yang but still inexperienced
This way he'll get more experiences, even if it's forced
His growth will be unbelievable after this

Suddenly the ED is getting sadder :(
"Signature removed"
Dec 15, 2019 9:12 PM

Jun 2016
This was a hard episode to watch. Though I was surprised with how Frederica handled the situation at first until the "democracy ceasing to exist and universe turning back to atoms" part. Looking forward to seeing what Julian does with Yang's fleet but I'm still going to miss Yang.

RIP Yang Wenli
Jan 3, 2020 2:06 PM

Nov 2016
Oh shit, here we go again, that was somehow as painful as the last episodeprobably not as painful as getting thrown into a nuclear fusion, tho

Julian going savage mode. And the part with Frederica....the pain in her voice, that was just heartbreaking ;_;

Another great episode. Not many anime go for such a down to earth portrayal of grief and do it so successfully.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2020 4:51 PM

Jul 2019
i personally want to see how Katerose will react to Julian's rise to power, as she was obviously jealous of his supposedly undeserved position and "privilege" over her. I want her to break apart watching such a weak person becoming the most important man in the alliance.
Jul 18, 2020 11:21 PM

Mar 2012
If the previous episode left my heart encased in a tomb of ice, this episode took a pickax and shattered it, allowing the tears to flow freely.

It began with Julian lamenting his failure, then Schenkopp outright denying it when he saw the body (Stop it. I don't want to play a role in a tragic play.), and only slightly lightened by the gruesome ways some of the soldiers wanted to punish and execute the captured Terrarists (Nuclear fusion furnace. A big one at that.).
It started up again when Cazellnu teared up, Mrs. Cazellnu firmly telling Julian to take responsibility, and then finally, when Frederica broke and described how I thought Yang would meet his end: an old man, full of years, living a peaceful life surrounded by family and history books.

First her father and now her husband!
Twelve years was not enough. Eight as a "fan", three as his adjutant, and one as his wife. If only they had more time...

Blumehardt's bravery, Murai's sacrifice for the betterment of the fleet, Frederica and Julian's willingness to fill the extraordinary leadership role Yang left behind for his sake, despite their grief and feelings of inadequacy... Legend of the (unsung) Galactic Heroes indeed.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Aug 18, 2020 6:23 PM
Feb 2019
Julian replacing Yang feels like when Near replaced L.

It just doesn't feel the same.
Sep 1, 2020 9:06 AM

Apr 2015
I can't believe I am watching this episode. Every second is just depressing.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

61 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

604 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 30, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 89 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tainteddonut - Jun 4, 2008

160 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 2, 2008

431 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

140 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 28, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.