Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Dec 27, 2012 8:06 AM
May 2012
I remember this Ep; I was pitying his wife the entire time....
Dec 28, 2012 1:57 AM

Jul 2011
-poor kyoko </3 She doesn't even know what's going on :(

-Akira's mother is cold... :/
Feb 4, 2013 10:14 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, its been awhile since i've seen an above 90 percent 5/5 rating. Not since the 12th episode of Bakemonogatari and a few episodes of Natsume
Feb 17, 2013 6:39 PM

Jul 2010
O_O I am extremely disturbed. I feel sick.
Feb 26, 2013 4:36 AM

Jan 2012
That ending...It was a bit disturbing. But atleast he's doing something.

Mar 21, 2013 2:15 AM
Jan 2012
What the fuck >_> What the fuck? I literally cried with the torture scene, poor Kyoko, she wasn't guilty of anything T_T How could Toshio do that to his WIFE? I know the situation is critical, but still. Either way, the episode was great, easily a 5/5, one of the most unique and disturbing episodes I've ever watched.
Jay_Ox said:
Wow, the doc is just as bad as the Shiki.
This. The main problem was WHO he used as test subject. His. Damn. Wife. She didn't deserve it, she wasn't mean.
May 5, 2013 9:54 PM

May 2012
Wow.. he practically used his wife as an experiment.. how convenient for him..
Jun 18, 2013 3:48 AM

Aug 2011
Kyoko hated this episode.
Jun 26, 2013 4:54 AM

Jan 2012
Oh..my..god!!! This episode...
Jun 28, 2013 12:56 PM

Aug 2008
... omg... I think I would die if I was forced to watch the video if this is reality...
Jun 30, 2013 3:18 AM

Mar 2010
kyouko dislikes this episode
Jul 12, 2013 4:09 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hoppy said:
The experimentation was extremely painful to watch, I also think that he should listened to Kyoko prior to his gruesome experimentation, he could have gotten some information like maybe that she wasn't completely dead. Monk comes in shocked senseless at the most likely pulverized Kyoko with blood everywhere, he's like "Toshio has gone mad". He may also have found a way to destroy them but it won't be pleasant to see if that's the case.

That was difficult to watch...poor Kyoko. Injecting things I can understand not being hard to do, but destroying the heart like that? No sane person could do it...makes me feel nauseous. And noooo Kaori and Akira :( gotta say though, that's an extremely smart plan to get them to invite the shiki to their home.
Jul 29, 2013 11:17 AM

Sep 2012
Best doctor everrrrr
Seriously this was a sick ep.Sacrificing your own wife for revealing truth when it could have been done in other ways.
Aug 24, 2013 1:33 PM
Feb 2013
Great Episode!!!
Aug 27, 2013 11:10 AM

Jul 2010
So disturbing to watch but bloody gruesome !!
The doctor seems like House to me!!
I love it though
Sep 12, 2013 3:49 PM

Jul 2012
Best episode so far, 5/5
Oct 17, 2013 3:10 AM

Dec 2012
Man even on a rewatch this episode is extremely unsettling and heartwrenching. I could feel tears swelling up when Toshio got the stake ready for Kyoko. He's finally found a way to fight back.
Nov 9, 2013 10:45 AM

Nov 2012
The last scene .. wow, i wonder how hard was it for him to do that to HIS OWN WIFE
4/5
Dec 4, 2013 12:38 AM

Mar 2012
I know she's a vampire now but dam :( Poor fella is losing his mind.
Dec 4, 2013 10:07 AM

Oct 2011
Poor Kyouko.. :( She probably didn't even why that was happening. :/
Dec 10, 2013 2:24 PM

Dec 2012
That was the creepiest fucking shit ever.
Feb 27, 2014 2:02 AM

Nov 2013
Is this episode referencing Unit 731? A place where they actually did these kinds of experiments during WW2 in Japan.
Mar 8, 2014 12:22 PM

Jul 2012
Hannah_Ana said:
It is confirmed...Dr. Ozaki did NOT love his wife!!! LOL!!
Kyoko actually got off easy in the anime, the good Dr. damn near mangled her in the manga.

What chapter was that can someone tell me
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Mar 17, 2014 6:57 PM

Aug 2013
OH MY GEE POP, THE DOCTOR COMPLETELY LOST IT!!!
Seriously, he have turned completely mad, he look like those crazy genius in horror story xD
Man, I was waiting so much for those crazy experiment, totally worth it :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 19, 2014 11:57 AM

Jan 2013
*jaw still missing*

Toshio, take a bow sir.
Its not something you do to your wife everyday!
I hope Megumi and Masao fight themselves to their death, it would be a masterstroke to get rid of the two most annoying characters.
Toshio aka crazy doctor has shot himself up to become one of my all time favourite characters.
5/5
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Mar 19, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2012
skyzblue said:
*jaw still missing*

Toshio, take a bow sir.
I hope Megumi and Masao fight themselves to their death, it would be a masterstroke to get rid of the two most annoying characters.
Toshio aka crazy doctor has shot himself up to become one of my all time favourite characters.
5/5

??????? Why???????? His a mad man

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Mar 20, 2014 12:53 AM

Jan 2013
Animefreak17a said:
skyzblue said:
*jaw still missing*

Toshio, take a bow sir.
5/5

He's prepared to do anything, and I mean freaking anything, to stop these deaths. That's passion and determination for you. Yes, it was horrific with what he did to his wife, but it took god knows how much mental strength to do such a thing.
How much his character has changed completely within these episodes is an example of brilliant character development.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 20, 2014 7:24 AM

Jul 2012
skyzblue said:
Animefreak17a said:
skyzblue said:
*jaw still missing*

Toshio, take a bow sir.
5/5

He's prepared to do anything, and I mean freaking anything, to stop these deaths. That's passion and determination for you. Yes, it was horrific with what he did to his wife, but it took god knows how much mental strength to do such a thing.
How much his character has changed completely within these episodes is an example of brilliant character development.

Yep kill to stop deaths......very genocide of him, he never loved his wife to begin with he even questioned him self if he did love her.......hell he didn't give her attention when she was human so of course it was easy for him to do it to her, the only reason they got together was a marriage meeting then they dated and she took an interest in him because he was a doctor and she lived in the city selling antiques but closed it became of his mother bothering her about trying to be a good wife and so she did but again he didn't give her the time of day and the reason he went along with it was because of his mother pressuring him all the time about getting married,

In other words it was easy for him to do it and it was the waiting that got to him and he didn't have a problem doing what he did to his wife,

Now if he was crying or even said sorry while doing it or explained what and why he was doing it to her then maybe I'd of sympathized with him but no he kept a straight face. If you ask me he's character development was forced on him.

Il be honest I down right hate him
geekfreak17aMar 20, 2014 8:00 AM

im a shiki supporter

Mar 20, 2014 2:13 PM

Jan 2013
Animefreak17a said:

There, all you needed was to say this (instead of the long ass spoilerific paragraph).
Well, to each his own.
TrequartistaMar 20, 2014 2:18 PM
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Mar 20, 2014 2:20 PM

Jul 2012
skyzblue said:
Animefreak17a said:

There, all you needed was to say this (instead of the long ass paragraph).
Well, to each his own.

At least your not ramming it down my throat like so many as done

Oh your supporting the shiki what are you a idiot
You w as glad the monk and girls escaped ...............idiot

There's loads of people who didn't like what the humans did and gets spammed by other and visa versa but I'm glad there's people like you who go.....each to there own......thank you :)

im a shiki supporter

Jun 11, 2014 11:47 AM

Aug 2013
Last scenes were very disturbing! Oi.. Mad doctor Toshio! >_<
Jul 2, 2014 9:13 PM

Aug 2013
Wow watching that was brutal. I cant believe he was able to kill his wife, even if she had changed. I mean damn she was calling out his name.
My Candies:
Aug 22, 2014 4:55 PM
Jul 2018
Wow... Shit just got real
Sep 1, 2014 5:43 PM

Mar 2014
I just watched this episode for the first time and was wondering...did Toshio even love his wife? They didn't seem all that close. Or am I just missing something?
Sep 4, 2014 10:54 PM

Jul 2013
bigfist said:
and thats the diffrence between ozaki and natsuno
natsuno couldn't kill his friend who he spent less than 3 months with him and died for it
while ozaki killed his wife who he spent more time with her without thinking twice
Ikr? it probably must have been hard on him killing his wife and experiment on her but I agree it's for the better good and it's not like she was human anymore.Anyway, if she wasn't restrained seeing as how she just awakened she would have sucked him dry being consumed by her blood lust and all... :/
I hope the monk won't jump in there trying to contemplate the morals of killing another species (that just looks human-like) and try to feed him all that crap for killing kyoku when the vamps are trying to annihilate all the ppl in his village including him.
Incr3dibl3Sep 6, 2014 10:20 PM
Oct 24, 2014 2:57 PM

Apr 2014
dinesj21 said:
I just watched this episode for the first time and was wondering...did Toshio even love his wife? They didn't seem all that close. Or am I just missing something?
I feel that too. I can't prove anything, but I think Toshio just got married to a girl he was friends with to shut his mom up. His mom most likely constantly pressured him to get married so that he can continue the bloodline or whatever.
Nevertheless, this isn't to say that this lack of 'romantic love' justifies his experiment on Kyoko. It's not that I think because he didn't love her that it was 'alright' for him to do it. Although the experimentation was brutal, it was the right course of action. After all, in such a small town, Toshio would be able to know what's important about shiki biology.

Damn, Toshio's becoming my favorite character. I respect him for doing that. I also respect him for being smart, and taking advantage of his 'dead' wife.

My favorite part of the episode was when Megumi beat Masao up. As much as I hate Megumi, that scene felt so good. Props to her.
Oct 25, 2014 3:13 PM
Feb 2013
what a fucked up person, if he were truly good, he'd cremate his wife and catch one of the pigs who have alreaady killed people and run his "tests" on them
Nov 5, 2014 10:42 PM

Jun 2009
jesus fucking christ, that's what i call research. that's what i call a surgeon.
Nov 10, 2014 8:07 AM

Jul 2010
So, rather than any of the others, he chose to experiment on his wife, who hadn't actually done anything and, as he found, was not exactly dead, clearly retained her memories and was begging him to stop. What a nice person.
Dec 11, 2014 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
Holy shit that was really hard to watch, but it was... for lack of a better word... awesome nonetheless... I felt really bad for his wife .__.
I feel like Ozaki is going to go insane throughout the rest of the series... He's the best character of the show without a doubt.
5/5
removed-userDec 11, 2014 3:04 PM
Dec 26, 2014 9:53 AM

Nov 2013
amazing amazing amazing.
Jan 3, 2015 1:22 AM

Jan 2014
Kyoko starts to call his name so the doctor puts tape over her mouth. "Now I'm going to try injecting pesticide." OMG.

The doctor is a true scientist.
Jan 15, 2015 12:24 PM

Oct 2014
Wow Toshio is a heartless son of a bitch!
"The subject regains conciousness"
Seriously she's your wife dammit even if you don't like her you shouldn't run tests on her! I felt very sorry for her.
Feb 6, 2015 7:19 AM

Jun 2014
He used his own wife for experiment. I'm not sure if I had to feel bad. The doctor already on his own limit, but still that was heartless to do.
Feb 15, 2015 4:41 AM

Jan 2015
poor kyoko Q.Q
Mar 11, 2015 8:10 PM

Oct 2013
To understand the body of the shiki he experimented on the body of his own wife, damn such a great episode, defiantly my favorite one so far from the show.

Jun 2, 2015 6:38 PM

Feb 2015
The experimenting on Kyouko was brutal. Ozaki's sanity is slipping away. It was bad enough as a doctor he had to give in to the superstition of the Risen being the reason for the increased morality in the village. This is my favourite episode so far since it's what I was expecting most out of the show.
Jul 24, 2015 12:04 PM

Oct 2013
HOLY FUCK. HOLY FUCK. HOLY FUCK. Oh man... I would've said, "Well, it's just an ordinary horror torture scene." But that was his friggin WIFE, man. He didn't even bother to comfort her or explain to her what was going on; he didn't even say a word to her, did he? He just experimented with her and killed her, ignoring her whimpering and screaming and crying and that was his friggin WIFE, man. yeezus...

I completely understand his perspective, why he did it; I'd even say it was necessary. But my goodness is it terrible... I can't tell if Toshio earned respect or fear out of this.

That + insight on the world of the Shiki + Megumi bitchslapping Murao makes this easily the best episode of the series. I doubt another episode could top this.
ZadionJul 24, 2015 12:08 PM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 15, 2015 9:17 PM

Feb 2013
Did he really need to stick her with pesticides? Didn't even spare any last words for his wife lol. What an episode.
Sep 1, 2015 10:56 AM

May 2010
So this is what this show is aiming for... Showing how disgusting one can be when driven to the extreme. I used to think Ozaki was a really brave and cool person now I am confused for even thinking that. He didn't have to go that far. He checked her to an extent which wasn't even necessary. He went mad with his curiosity. Now I think he's going to turn into an evil guy, after-all...

But then again, humans perform all kinds of experiments on animals first. And they don't hesitate to that. Keeping in mind, someone has to do the dirty work, but it is difficult keeping your senses while doing that dirty work.

Episodes like these make me wonder who is at wrong, humans or shiki. Or maybe both.

This is probably going to turn into a masterpiece, and I am so watching it.

EDIT - I just the manga version of it, and while just as graphic, it didn't seem as brutal. Ozaki's actions were more explained, instead of the cruelty he did in the anime ver. It still felt wrong, but you know, it felt like he was really trying to find a cure there instead of what seemed in the anime. Still brutal though, that much is true.
TragicRomanceSep 1, 2015 11:11 AM
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

959 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

313 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KingOmerta - Sep 16, 2010

191 by Karva1 »»
Apr 30, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Aug 12, 2010

189 by Karva1 »»
Apr 29, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Jul 29, 2010

299 by Karva1 »»
Apr 29, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.