Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 2, 2014 10:16 AM
Sep 2011
How exactly does it improve performance?
iirc Taiga ignores anything that is not a video file. In my anime folder there are only ~70 video files with a size <10MiB, which amounts to roughly 2% of the total amount of files. I don't think that this would have a noticeable impact on performance.
Mar 2, 2014 11:20 AM

Nov 2007
I put the file size limit in about 3 years ago, noting that it "works ~5% faster with video-only folders, and works much faster if there are other files with small size". One suggestion was to make the threshold configurable through Settings dialog, though I eventually decided against that. To be honest, I'm not sure if it still has the same performance advantage after all the changes I've made throughout the last couple of years. I should check it again sometime.
Mar 5, 2014 5:43 AM
Sep 2013
I am watching Coalgirl's release of Seitokai Yakuindomo and it keeps recognizing it as Seitokai Yakuindomo* which is the second season. I'm not sure what to change to make it recognize it as the first season.
Apr 10, 2014 4:50 PM
Jun 2013
I'm actually having the same issue with Seitokai Yakuindomo being recognized as Seitokai Yakuindomo*.

Edit: As a temporary measure I've given the first season the title of 'Seitokai Yakuindomo S1' in both the alternative title and the file name itself.
Reticence96Apr 11, 2014 10:21 AM
Apr 13, 2014 3:42 AM
Dec 2012
My XDCC downloads are all prefixed with "BotName.", e.g. "EvoBot.[Watakushi]_Akuma_no_Riddle_-_01v2_[720p][69A307A2]". Taiga interprets this as EvoBot. Probably an easy fix if you decide to do it, would be nice since I'm stuck renaming them manually right now.
Apr 16, 2014 12:48 PM
Sep 2013
For some reason even though there's no "." in the filename, Taiga recognizes [Coalgirls]_Ore_no_Imouto_ga_Konna_ni_Kawaii_Wake_ga_Nai_10_(1280x720_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[9F175AEB] as being episode 10 from the second season and not from the first season.

EDIT: It's not just episode 10, that one just happens to be the first one that I watched since I moved to Taiga from MAL Updater.
NeeloApr 16, 2014 1:29 PM
Apr 24, 2014 3:41 PM

Apr 2012
Not sure if this had to be here or in features :/

For animes like Black Lagoon, Fate/Zero, Kakumeiki Valvrave, etc. where the second season just continue with the ep number from the last season and not start over the recognition fails if the fansub group left that instead of naming it like it's in MAL.

Said that Kakumeiki Valvrave - 13 is in MAL Kakumeiki Valvrave S2 - 01

Can yo do something about that? is like subtract the number of episodes of the first season and update it in the seccond season.
Apr 24, 2014 5:26 PM

Nov 2009
If I remember correctly, MAL doesn't allow to pull sequel/prequel data from API, so unfortunately there's no way for Taiga to get the necessary information for that. I think several titles are hardcoded to work like this though.
Jun 18, 2014 7:55 AM

Jun 2011
First, I must say that I'm glad that Taiga recognizes "[" and "]" as delimiters which allows Chinese sub groups formats to be recognized. But here are a few that doesn't work.

File name: "[異域字幕組][漆黑的子彈][Black Bullet][11][1280x720][繁体].mp4"
Expected result: Black Bullet Episode 11 by 異域字幕組
Observed result: Media nor recognized. 漆黑的子彈 Episode 11 by 異域字幕組
Adding 漆黑的子彈 as an alternative title works. However, I don't understand why it doesn't recognize "Black Bullet."

File name: [AoJiaoZero][Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to the Animation] 02 [BIG][X264_AAC][720P].mp4
Expected result: Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to the Animation Episode 02 by AoJiaoZero
Observed result: Media nor recognized. 02 by AoJiaoZero
Could not find a alternative title that works except the entire file name.
Jul 6, 2014 1:04 PM
Feb 2012
A problem recognizing a few files this season for the "Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita." anime

For example, FFF's torrent is named

[FFF] Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita. - 01 [BAD09C76].mkv

but Taiga recognizes the type as "Other", the title as

Futsuu no Joshikousei ga
and doesn't detect the episode number. Same for DeadFish's release.
Jul 6, 2014 10:43 PM

Nov 2007
LordGravewish said:
A problem recognizing a few files this season for the "Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita." anime

For example, FFF's torrent is named

[FFF] Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita. - 01 [BAD09C76].mkv

but Taiga recognizes the type as "Other", the title as

Futsuu no Joshikousei ga
and doesn't detect the episode number. Same for DeadFish's release.

Brackets are normally used as grouping delimiters that separate release information from anime title and episode number. In this case, "[Locodol]" is a part of the anime title, which throws off Taiga's filename parser. But here's the good news: Taiga's going to switch to Anitomy in v1.2, which is able to tolerate this error. I've just tested it, and it correctly parsed FFF's release.

Shih said:
First, I must say that I'm glad that Taiga recognizes "[" and "]" as delimiters which allows Chinese sub groups formats to be recognized. But here are a few that doesn't work.

File name: "[異域字幕組][漆黑的子彈][Black Bullet][11][1280x720][繁体].mp4"
Expected result: Black Bullet Episode 11 by 異域字幕組
Observed result: Media nor recognized. 漆黑的子彈 Episode 11 by 異域字幕組
Adding 漆黑的子彈 as an alternative title works. However, I don't understand why it doesn't recognize "Black Bullet."

File name: [AoJiaoZero][Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to the Animation] 02 [BIG][X264_AAC][720P].mp4
Expected result: Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to the Animation Episode 02 by AoJiaoZero
Observed result: Media nor recognized. 02 by AoJiaoZero
Could not find a alternative title that works except the entire file name.

In the first case, since all tokens are grouped inside brackets, Taiga has to make an assumption. So it assumes that the first one is the fansub group and the second is the anime title. In the second case, since there is something outside brackets, Taiga thinks that it must be the anime title. This is another example of a bad naming convention.
Jul 11, 2014 11:27 PM

Oct 2006
Thats weird, when I first started P4Golden Taiga didn't recognize it and I had to tick the checkbox "Use the first alternative Title" and added "Persona 4 - The Golden Animation" to the textbox
Here's the file name: [HorribleSubs] Persona 4 - The Golden Animation - 01 [720p].mkv
I'm running on JP locale, maybe it had something to do with that..or I don't know, maybe it was by chance that Taiga didn't recognized it.

Jul 13, 2014 3:23 PM
Dec 2012
Sakimichi said:
[HorribleSubs] Persona 4 - The Golden Animation - 01 [720p].mkv

MAL doesn't have the dash in the name, that's probably the problem.
Jul 14, 2014 12:29 AM

Nov 2007
That can't be the problem, because Taiga ignores whitespace, dashes, and even "The". Both titles are converted to "Persona4GoldenAnimation" before comparison. So, adding "Persona 4 - The Golden Animation" as an alternative title doesn't make any difference. My system locale is set to Japanese too, so that can't be it either. The only thing that I can think of is that the anime wasn't in your list before you first started watching it, otherwise I don't see any reason for it to be not recognized.
Jul 14, 2014 12:56 PM

Nov 2008
This program seems to have trouble recognising anime folder names.

For example, in one of my specified anime folders there is a folder called:

"Seirei no Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit (Dual-Audio)[720p] mHD"

The anime name is Seirei no Moribito, and it is clearly a part of the folder's name, so why isn't it recognised? Or it only works for exact 1 to 1 matches?
Jul 15, 2014 1:26 AM

Nov 2007
It has to be an exact match. Think about it: If not, how would Taiga distinguish all the anime that have similar titles? There are lots of them out there, partially matching another. Taiga doesn't assume that "Seirei no Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit" is the same as "Seirei no Moribito", because there could very well be another anime with that name.

In this case, you should either rename the folder or add "Seirei no Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit" as an alternative title for the series. Same thing goes for filenames: For "Moribito Ep.01.mkv" to be recognized, you'll need to add "Moribito" as an alternative title. Basically, when the alternatives provided by MAL aren't enough, you need to add your own.
Jul 15, 2014 6:32 PM

Oct 2006
erengy said:
That can't be the problem, because Taiga ignores whitespace, dashes, and even "The". Both titles are converted to "Persona4GoldenAnimation" before comparison. So, adding "Persona 4 - The Golden Animation" as an alternative title doesn't make any difference. My system locale is set to Japanese too, so that can't be it either. The only thing that I can think of is that the anime wasn't in your list before you first started watching it, otherwise I don't see any reason for it to be not recognized.

I forgot, when the first episode was subbed, P4G wasn't listed on MAL. That was probably the cause. ^^
I remembered it wasn't listed because I did a search and nothing came up, I searched again a couple of hours after and the results appeared.

Sep 3, 2014 6:40 AM

Oct 2007
I don't mind using the manual alternative titles feature, but "Akame ga Kill" does not get recognized, simply because the `!` is missing from the file name. Personally I find this perhaps a little bit much, to risky to change this because it will screw up on shows with multiple seasons?

Going through my list a bit, Taiga will recognize a preview video as an actual episode, this can easily be blacklisted by checking for certain combinations like "_pv_", "[pv]" and "preview", 3 tags that will filter out a lot of these cases.
In a program of my own I got a function that checks for this, it takes the file name with all _ instead of spaces, and then checks for combinations like the few above, and some more, if I remember correctly. But the principle remains the same, filtering a few tags we know are not suppose to be recognized as episodes in the first place.

I doubt either of these will see change, specially the first. But posting anyway for knowledge sake.
Sep 3, 2014 6:52 AM

Mar 2014
Zenas said:
I don't mind using the manual alternative titles feature, but "Akame ga Kill" does not get recognized, simply because the `!` is missing from the file name. Personally I find this perhaps a little bit much, to risky to change this because it will screw up on shows with multiple seasons?

Going through my list a bit, Taiga will recognize a preview video as an actual episode, this can easily be blacklisted by checking for certain combinations like "_pv_", "[pv]" and "preview", 3 tags that will filter out a lot of these cases.
In a program of my own I got a function that checks for this, it takes the file name with all _ instead of spaces, and then checks for combinations like the few above, and some more, if I remember correctly. But the principle remains the same, filtering a few tags we know are not suppose to be recognized as episodes in the first place.

I doubt either of these will see change, specially the first. But posting anyway for knowledge sake.

A good way to get rid of the PV altogether is to increase the time that Taiga takes to update to like 10 minutes, this way previews or music videos will never mess with your list.
And yes, that's the reason why the first thing you mentioned is that way, it's quite annoying but it's better for the user to change that manually themselves than to go through every anime with a symbol and somehow change the titles to fit everyone's preferences.
Sep 3, 2014 9:33 AM

Oct 2007
You missunderstood my point, I meant the recognition when trying to play an episode from my list.

For example, I have (the original) Rozen Maiden in my PtW list, but Taiga recognizes I have episode 3 on my hard drive.. which by the way, I don't actually have. When I try to play the episode, it opens up the preview of Rozen Maiden S3 from last year.

Hens my suggestion to add a small filter, which shouldn't impact performance by more then a incomparable low margin, filtering out previews from being recognized.
Sep 3, 2014 1:52 PM

Nov 2007
Could you post the full filenames of misrecognized PVs?
Sep 3, 2014 3:02 PM

Oct 2007
[Asenshi] Rozen Maiden 3 - PV [CA57F300].mkv
It is being recognized as Rozen Maiden episode 3.
Sep 3, 2014 4:08 PM

Mar 2014
Zenas said:
[Asenshi] Rozen Maiden 3 - PV [CA57F300].mkv
It is being recognized as Rozen Maiden episode 3.

That's weird, I thought Taiga only counted the number after the "-" as far as episodes went.
Sep 3, 2014 4:30 PM

Oct 2007
That would be a terrible idea, because that would mean the - becomes required in the file name, and there are way to many occurrences where it is not used.
Sep 3, 2014 5:28 PM

Mar 2014
Zenas said:
That would be a terrible idea, because that would mean the - becomes required in the file name, and there are way to many occurrences where it is not used.

You think? Personally I don't think I ever came across a release that didn't have the [group] show - episode [xxxp][numbers].mkv or similar enough format, and that's pretty much the standard today, except for movies or OVAs since those don't really have episodes.
And it doesn't really need to have the "-" because if Taiga sees that there's only 1 episode then there's no point in checking for which episode it is.
Sep 4, 2014 5:32 AM

Oct 2007
Correct, but it IS the standard. But there are always exceptions. And with Taiga trying to keep a high compatibility with recognition.
Sep 4, 2014 2:59 PM

Mar 2014
When I finish downloading from a torrent via Taiga it'll show up as available on the progress bar but when I middle click (play next episode in my case) it'll bring up my torrent client and say if I want to load the trackers (basically it downloads the torrent again and tries to download it eventhough it already knows the file is there), the problem is fixed if I press F5 on Taiga but yeah, basically Taiga detects the new episode but doesn't at the same time.
Sep 16, 2014 7:55 PM
Apr 2010
The files I have for the anime "Hana No Mahou Tsukai Mary Bell" are named like so:

Mary Bell (DVD) - 01v2 [h-b]

Mary Bell (DVD) - 02 [h-b]

Mary Bell (DVD) - 03 [h-b]

...and so on. If I open them manually, Taiga recognizes them, but "scan for episodes" doesn't work. It does, however, work if I remove the "DVD" part of the filename. I've tried adding "Mary Bell" and "Mary Bell (DVD)" as alternate names, but that doesn't work.

Renaming the files is simple enough, but I'm curious as to why it's not working, even with the alternate name?
Sep 17, 2014 1:56 PM

Nov 2007
Mary Bell (DVD) - 01v2 [h-b]
Mary Bell (DVD) - 02 [h-b]
Mary Bell (DVD) - 03 [h-b]

It's not because Taiga thinks the anime title is "Mary Bell (DVD)". It's because Taiga isn't able to parse the episode number. While parsing the filename, Taiga encounters a known keyword, "DVD". It assumes that the episode number must always come before that, so it ignores the " - 03 " part. Note that when you open the files manually, Taiga thinks you're playing the first episode, even if you play the third one.

The good news is that I've just tried the same files with Anitomy, the filename parser that's going to replace Taiga's current parser in v1.2. It successfully found everything, including the episode number.
Sep 17, 2014 9:11 PM
Apr 2010
All right, thanks for explaining! Even if I have an easy fix, it's good to know the science behind things when they break. Good to know the new parser works!
Oct 6, 2014 7:34 AM
Sep 2014
I just had a problem getting Taiga to recognize my Kino's Journey batch. It has an unusual naming scheme.

The files don't contain the show's name, but they have the episode number and title. Like this:
01 - Land of Visible Pain.mkv

Is it possible this will be supported in the future?
Oct 6, 2014 8:59 AM

Mar 2014
goody2shoes said:
I just had a problem getting Taiga to recognize my Kino's Journey batch. It has an unusual naming scheme.

The files don't contain the show's name, but they have the episode number and title. Like this:
01 - Land of Visible Pain.mkv

Is it possible this will be supported in the future?

Highly doubt it, not even MAL has the info with the episodes' names for every anime.
I imagine it could be possible to make it so Taiga reads the folder and adds it's name behind each file so it thinks everything in the folder is part of that show (I already think it does this but not sure).
Oct 6, 2014 1:19 PM
Mar 2012
When playing Fate zero, when I play the 14th (season 2 episode 1) video file directly, it recognises it correctly as the first episode of season 2 in taiga. But when I try and play the same episode in taiga directly, it says it cannot find it.

I have checked that the folder it is set to is correct, and it is.
Jan 8, 2015 8:04 AM

Mar 2014
When watching "Seitokai Yakuindomo", file name: "[Coalgirls]_Seitokai_Yakuindomo_01_(1280x720_Blu-Ray_FLAC)_[F94958E7]", Taiga thinks I'm watching "Seitokai Yakuindomo*" I thought the "*" at the end was required for Taiga to even recognize "Seitokai Yakuindomo*" like how the "!" is required in "K-On!" and other series.
I think I suggested this before but I'll mention it again, please make it so when you start an anime through Taiga (right-click > play episode) then Taiga will only recognize that entry and mark that as playing and not some other one, this would fix a lot of problem if it's possible to implement.
Jan 9, 2015 12:11 AM

Nov 2007
v1.2 handles anime titles differently, which takes care of the issue where punctuation makes a difference.
Jan 21, 2015 5:22 AM

Jan 2015
Can I ask something? My BD archive is like this

Anime folder/Season folder/Episodes (named Episode 1, Episode 2,...)

Can Taiga recognize this?
Opinions are subjective, but I will listen to yours and I'll be glad if you can listen to mine
Jan 22, 2015 5:50 AM

Mar 2014
How about making it so Taiga prioritizes main titles? For example, I downloaded Loups=Garous and instead of being associated with the "Loups=Garous" entry the one that picked it up was the "Loups=Garous Pilot" one which has "Loups=Garous" as a secondary title (and this also has the problem of thinking the Pilot one is the one playing), I imagine this will be fixed in v1.2 but just pointing it out anyway.

It's also strange because pressing F5 to scan for episodes didn't associate the file with the "Loups=Garous" entry (I'm guessing this is because it was associated to something else already), I had to right-click and scan available episodes.

Also, can you make it so Taiga only associates folders to entries if you manually do it or if there's a video file inside? I think I mentioned this before too and someone said something similar in the suggestions but I have my music folder in the same place as my anime one and Taiga keeps associating entries to the music folders when there isn't any video files inside them and I've to manually change it. (I think what I suggested before was to make it so Taiga changes associated folders automatically if it scans episodes somewhere that isn't the folder associated to that entry.)
Feb 22, 2015 3:25 AM
Sep 2011

Episode 13 gets recognized as episode 1, the others aren't recognized at all.
I'm assuming this is because of the [Dual Audio] between the name and the episode number.
Feb 22, 2015 11:31 AM

Nov 2007
Yeah, it's quite uncommon for a filename to have release information between the anime title and the episode number. Nevertheless, just tested it with the upcoming release, which has an improved parser, and it got recognized correctly: http://i.imgur.com/vhWrHjK.png
Mar 20, 2015 3:26 PM
Jun 2014
Please help me. I am using KMK Player and it dosen't work with Taiga. I used GOM player but likes KMK better. GOM player works with recognition but my favourite player KMK dosen't, Please help me! :,(
Mar 20, 2015 5:57 PM

Nov 2007
Could you give a link to that KMK Player? Google redirects me to KMPlayer when I search for it.
Mar 21, 2015 12:15 PM
Jun 2014
Oops I meant KMPlayer. Here it is http://www.kmplayer.com. The new version is not working and I don't know which old one does. Could you please fix this issue?
Mar 21, 2015 12:52 PM

Nov 2007
All right, got it. Apparently they changed the window class name recently, which is why Taiga couldn't detect it anymore. Try replacing your Taiga/data/media.xml with this one, restart Taiga and see if it works.
Mar 22, 2015 11:07 AM
Jun 2014
I tried to replace the "media" but it did not work and it caused to where I needed to install Taiga again, since the recognition would not work on any media player. Thanks for your help. Are ther any other way to fix it. I really wan't to use KMPlayer if possible.
Mar 22, 2015 12:33 PM

Nov 2007
There's no other way. And this is all you need to do: http://i.imgur.com/tZ5QYVX.gif

Also make sure that KMPlayer is enabled at Settings → Recognition → Media players. With that, the latest version of KMPlayer (3.9.1.134) works just fine.
Mar 22, 2015 12:46 PM
Jun 2014
I did exactly that and it did not work. I did the same again and it worked. Thank you so much for your help I can finally enjoy anime with Taiga and KMPlayer again. :D
Mar 23, 2015 6:16 AM
Jun 2014
Okay I got a new problem. This time it recognize the episode for about 3 seconds before it goes from now playing with the anime I am playing to completely blank now playing screen.
It worked yesterday but it does not work anymore. If it is not any other way I might have to wait for the next update.
Kaizoku-OtakuMar 23, 2015 6:19 AM
Mar 26, 2015 6:56 AM
Dec 2012
I was just gonna report the first one, but sorting through my library I found some other oddities, so I figured I'd report them all just for the hell of it. Some of these might be known already, and I don't expect fixes for everything of even a reply, just putting the info out there.

It seems Taiga tries to match [Coalgirls]_Kara_no_Kyoukai_1_-_Overlooking_View_(1280x720_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[ED328EEC].mkv as Kara no Kyoukai episode #1, same thing with the following "episodes".

Edit 1: Also, seemingly placing a pound character in front of the episode number breaks recognition. Specifically in my case with the ridiculous filename [NinjaPanda] Tiger & Bunny #01 All's well that ends well. (v3, 1080p Hi10P, DA AAC) [4A9AB85F].mkv.

Edit 2: Does Taiga not work with MAL's English titles? I had to add "Grave of the Fireflies" as an alias for it to get recognized as such. Edit 2.5: When I remove the alias it still recognizes it, oddly enough.

Edit 3: Neko no Ongaeshi - [HQR.remux-DualAudio][NTV.1280x692.h264](0CDC2145).mkv - The first bracket info section in brackets gets recognized as part of the title. Also, unrelated, but years after titles don't seem to work. For instance: My_Neighbors_the_Yamadas_(1999)_[1080p,BluRay,flac,x264]_-_THORA.mkv; Taiga thinks the year is part of the title.
birthofafishMar 26, 2015 7:59 AM
Apr 6, 2015 3:20 PM

Mar 2014
[ReinForce] The Rolling Girls - SP1 (BDRip 1920x1080 x264 FLAC).mkv
is somehow recognized as this:
Apr 7, 2015 2:06 PM

Nov 2007
Paulo27 said:
[ReinForce] The Rolling Girls - SP1 (BDRip 1920x1080 x264 FLAC).mkv
is somehow recognized as this:

I'd guess that Taiga failed to identify the filename, and then got that irrelevant anime from the directory name. What's the full path of the file? Does one of the upper directories match one of the alternative titles (e.g. "Extra")?

Note: Please post your issues to the related thread if you're using v1.2 beta, so that I don't get confused on the issue. I had to look at the screenshot for visual clues to determine which version you use :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» any new news on Taiga working?

xDreww - Nov 23, 2019

5 by cHowaito »»
Jul 28, 2021 6:25 AM

Sticky: » Bug reports, general problems ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

erengy - Jun 3, 2010

1122 by DeFF »»
Jun 23, 2021 10:53 PM

» Dark theme?

Hyoretsu - Dec 12, 2019

1 by Squirt_lel »»
Jul 14, 2020 6:59 AM

» Error when synchronizing list (Since MAL API Update)

dadnaya - May 24, 2018

20 by xDreww »»
Nov 23, 2019 5:47 PM

» Twitter posting

zatinho - Mar 27, 2019

0 by zatinho »»
Mar 27, 2019 5:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.