Forum Settings
Forums

shoujo/magic/comedy anime recommendations, please help?

New
Apr 4, 2008 8:24 PM
Apr 2008
Unfortunately, I've watched quite a few, so lately I can't find anything new and great to watch. Please help me:

Here are some examples:

I love-love-love:

Gakuen Alice
Love Monster (yes, I know it's a manga, but it should be turned into an anime)
Ouran High School
Fruits Basket
Full Metal Panic!
Full Moon
Fushigi Yugi
Escaflowne
InuYasha

I do not like:

Love Hina (a bit too slow/simple for me)
Rumbling Harts (a bit tooooo sloooow for me)
Card Captor Sakura (a bit too childish for me)
Princess Tutu (a bit too childish for me)
Peach Girl (too much drama)
Apr 4, 2008 10:55 PM

Mar 2007

Hmm, other shoujo anime...

There is a new series,' Itazura na Kiss', which just started, that you may like, along with 'Vampire Knight' and 'Special A' which are starting soon.

Other shoujo include:
Marmalade Boy
SuperGALS
Bokura ga Ita
Gokinjo Monogatari
Paradise Kiss
NANA
Angelique (all the various OAVs and TV series.)
Miracle Girls

I love Hana Yori Dango, but that is probably too dramatic for you?
Apr 4, 2008 11:35 PM

Jun 2007
Tokyo Mew Mew has magical girls, romance, and comedy (I didn't like it all that much, but maybe you would)

Apr 5, 2008 9:51 PM

Mar 2008
Shugo Chara and Sugar Sugar Rune?
Apr 5, 2008 9:55 PM

Feb 2007
Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu. Nuff Said.
Apr 6, 2008 1:08 PM

Jan 2008
You've seen all the anime that came to my mind. XD

But, there are two good mangas you'll probably like:

Parfait Tic
Akuma de Sourou
Apr 6, 2008 9:30 PM

Nov 2007
Here's some more shoujo:

Honey and Clover
Lemon Angel Project
Kanon 2006
Shakugan no Shana
Aria
ef - a tale of memories
sola
Apr 6, 2008 10:00 PM

Oct 2007
So i'm guessing your looking for more romantic comedy type stuff?

anyway, i'll reccomend
- Marmalade boy. the animation is old but its still amazing.
- Honey & Clover. its really good
- Nodame Cantabile is really funny.
- Daa! Daa! Daa! . i love it, though you MAY find it childish.....

I would also reccomend Paradise Kiss, Bokura ga Ita & Hana yori dango, but those are more dramatic, and i don't know if you'd like them. Though its drama done well (in my opinion)
katsupApr 6, 2008 10:07 PM
Apr 6, 2008 10:16 PM

Dec 2007
Nagasarete Airantou and Hayate no Gotoku.
Apr 7, 2008 6:20 AM

Dec 2007
I've been told that if you like Fushigi Yuugi then these two are 'similar' and worth watching (I haven't gotten around to trying any of them myself though) - Saiunkoku Monogatari and Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ~Hachiyou Shou~. I admit I heard of the second with regards to the manga (Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time) that Viz recently started releasing, but I'd assume the same probably goes for the anime too. It also has a whole slew of spinoffs if you do like it.

I'd also recommend Ayashi no Ceres (Ceres Celestial Legend) seeing as how the manga was by the same person as Fushigi Yuugi, Utena just because I want to recommend it, and Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne for which the manga was by the same person as Fullmoon.

I wouldn't say it was a shoujo magical comedy, but the magical comedy part probably applies to Negima (there appear to be two different versions of the series though so meh, not sure which one to recommend)
EphidelApr 7, 2008 6:34 AM
Apr 7, 2008 10:21 AM

Oct 2007
just a warning: the anime of kamikaze kaitou jeanne is decent. not really amazing. the manga is MUCH MUCH better.
Apr 7, 2008 11:40 AM

Nov 2007
BlueYoshi said:
Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu. Nuff Said.

Also try Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, even though it's not really shoujo.
Apr 8, 2008 11:55 PM
Apr 2008
Thank you everyone for your help!!!
Apr 9, 2008 12:43 AM

Jun 2007
katsup said:
So i'm guessing your looking for more romantic comedy type stuff?

anyway, i'll reccomend
- Marmalade boy. the animation is old but its still amazing.
- Honey & Clover. its really good
- Nodame Cantabile is really funny.
- Daa! Daa! Daa! . i love it, though you MAY find it childish.....

I would also reccomend Paradise Kiss, Bokura ga Ita & Hana yori dango, but those are more dramatic, and i don't know if you'd like them. Though its drama done well (in my opinion)

Honey and Clover 1 I thought was good too, but not so much 2
Apr 9, 2008 10:29 AM

Oct 2007
Nuge said:

I feel like you cant really judge honey & clover as a whole unless you watch all of it though. Because the ending for the second season is a really good ending and ties the whole series up really well. I dunno. To stop watching it at season 1 is like not finishing it. Like when i say "Honey and Clover" i really mean both seasons, since its all the same story.
Apr 9, 2008 1:41 PM

Jun 2007
katsup said:
Nuge said:

I feel like you cant really judge honey & clover as a whole unless you watch all of it though. Because the ending for the second season is a really good ending and ties the whole series up really well. I dunno. To stop watching it at season 1 is like not finishing it. Like when i say "Honey and Clover" i really mean both seasons, since its all the same story.

You're probably right on that, but I didn't like season 2 as much because it was too depressing, not as much funny moments and in the end,
Sep 4, 2008 12:38 AM
Sep 2008
i think honey and clover not too good in anime.becase i like the honey n clover live action. all the actor is cool!
yulia_chiSep 4, 2008 12:41 AM
Sep 4, 2008 5:39 PM

Sep 2007
as3 said:
I love-love-love:

Gakuen Alice
Love Monster (yes, I know it's a manga, but it should be turned into an anime)
Ouran High School
Fruits Basket
Full Metal Panic!
Full Moon
Fushigi Yugi
Escaflowne
InuYasha

All of the girls I know that like those series like:

- Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
- FullMetal Alchemist
- Gravitation
- Loveless
- NANA
- Prince of Tennis
- Vampire Knight
- X\1999 (or most anything else CLAMP)

Yes, I realize some of these may not be your in your "genre," but all the other girls I know that liked those series were pretty crazy about these series as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines
Nov 25, 2008 1:30 AM
Nov 2008
I like you didnt like princess tutu ( it was kind of twisted if you ask me )
I recommend Pretear- its magic girl, has the right amount of romance and is not too long. It is better for adults.
I know that the heroine is young (but oh so kick ass!) but i really really loved Sugar sugar rune though there was childish elements the hero's voice is just too dreamy!!
Kaimikaze kaito jeanne/ Fullmoon o Shagshite may also be okay... not fantastic but okay.
Blood+ is okay too. Not too much romance but not girly girly too ( I liked it)
Inuyasha was okay but it does not conclude in the anime.
Fushigi Yuugi is good too. A bit more romance and a good story line.
Carcaptor Sakura was childish but its counterpart Tsubasa reservoir Chronicles are good. Try it.
Vampire Knight is pretty awesome for the art alone. The best mangaka artist in my opinion! The story is excellent too... both anime and manga are a must see/ read.
Try... wolf and spice... i haven't watched it myself but i have been meaning to. Seems interesting.
Shakugan no Shana is good too ( not shojo demographic ) but interesting and romantic. Same with fate/stay night
Also an awesome series is Zero no Tsukaima- Hilarious romantic and awesome too with the story line there are three seasons so far all fantastic. I have loads of others that i cant think of. Enjoy these I know you will like em.

May 23, 2009 6:02 PM
May 2009
I actually enjoyed ALL the animes that you mentioned, as3. Though, I think Card Captor Sakura (unedited) and Peach Girl were pretty good, too. Peach Girl is rather dramatic though, so I can understand why you may not have liked it. I find it a little odd that you liked Gakuen Alice, but that you thought CCS was too childish, though... o.O. Did you watch it dubbed or subbed? Cuz I definitely think the subbed version (and the manga) is not "childish" and is MUCH better... XD.

Anyways, based on the shows that you mentioned that you liked (shoujo, comedy, romance), I would recommend the following:

Available in Anime/Manga:
--Shugo Chara (magic, similar feel to Gakuen Alice and CCS mixed with Fruits Basket)
--Lovely Complex [English name: Love Com] (comedy, high school, tall girl vs short boy)
--Saber Marionette J (harem (girls), sci-fi, similar to Tenchi Muyo with likeable male lead, shonen-ai implications but not major theme)
--Kodoma no Omocha [English name: Kodocha] (child actress vs serious face boy, has scenes of bullying at beginning, but only for a short time, Cheetah!Akito is SOOO cute >w<)
--Pretear (harem (boys), magic, anime felt kinda rushed tho, manga MUCH better)
--Karin [English name: Chibi Vampire] (comedy, vampires)
--D.N.Angel (kinda dark but not really, magic, pretty boy thieves with wings)
--Shakugan no Shana (comedy, "ghosts"/souls, can be very serious at times)
--Vampire Knight (rather dark/angst later in series, vampires, pretty boys)

Only available for Manga:
--Akuma de Sourou [English name: The Devil Does Exist] (high school, goth/punk fashion, can be serious at times, gorgeous artwork)
--Hanazakari no Kimitachi E [English name: Hana-Kimi] (gender-bend, high school, also available in Japanese and Taiwanese dramas, all versions are VERY well done, J-Drama is very random comedy)
--Junai Tokkou Taichou! [English name: Love Attack!] (high school, yankees)
--Kimi wa Petto [English name: Tramps Like Us] (josei, working woman vs younger man, also has J-Drama)
--MeruPuri (high school, magic, VERY pretty guys, same artist as Vampire Knight) **I highly recommend this one**
--Penguin Kakumei [English name: Penguin Revolution] (gender-bend, harem (boys)/love triangles, actors/entertainers, really pretty art)

All of the titles listed above are shoujo/comedy/romances. These are only a few that you may like, so please let me know if you end up liking/disliking any of these, and I might be able to suggest more. I hope I could help... ^___^
geniefoxMay 23, 2009 6:06 PM

More topics from this board

» Battle romance manhwa/manga/manhua

NaTsu879 - 5 hours ago

1 by dowzer »»
21 minutes ago

» Movies

BitChilly - 4 hours ago

4 by Knighty_IX »»
1 hour ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

23 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
2 hours ago

» Anime where guy hits girl back

Borito_Uzumaki - May 6, 2017

48 by xthewarwithinx »»
3 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

9 by LoveYourEyes »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.