Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2010 2:18 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
NHK's science anime "Marie and Gali" is continuing this year with the usual 5 minute episodes, after having a half hour special at year end. Episode 36 covers an electric car race featuring Galileo, Darwin, Newton, Archimedes, and Marika. The usual shenanigans occur, and Marika ends up winning thanks to a brake-recovery system in her electric car that allows her to have a charged battery for the final run.

But the scene that stopped me in my tracks was the Title Screen, which features a race scene in which the usually gothic-loli Marika wears a very short white dress that has her skirt being blown up by the wind. And despite the presence of a large star over Marika's bottom, it is pretty obvious that Marika is providing "No-Pantsu" service for the viewers!

Damn! Why didn't we have science shows like this when I was in high school.

(Getting back to the roots of why I went into the Sciences so many years ago... <g> )
dbaranyiFeb 5, 2010 2:21 PM
Apr 28, 2012 2:28 AM

Jun 2010
This episode is obviously based on Hanna-Barbera's Wacky Races cartoon and it's far from the first such homage I've seen. I wonder why it's so popular with anime makers. Maybe just because a race provides a good framework for silly slapstick?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Marie &amp; Gali Episode 40 Discussion

dbaranyi - Mar 26, 2010

2 by bushman66 »»
Nov 7, 2022 4:05 PM

Poll: » Marie &amp; Gali Episode 24 Discussion

dbaranyi - Oct 18, 2009

1 by bushman66 »»
Nov 5, 2022 4:40 PM

Poll: » Marie &amp; Gali Episode 20 Discussion

dbaranyi - Sep 15, 2009

2 by bushman66 »»
Nov 5, 2022 4:39 PM

Poll: » Marie &amp; Gali Episode 13 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jul 4, 2009

2 by bushman66 »»
Nov 5, 2022 4:38 PM

Poll: » Marie &amp; Gali Episode 1 Discussion

dbaranyi - Apr 1, 2009

8 by bushman66 »»
Nov 4, 2022 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.