Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 20, 2016 3:42 AM

Apr 2013
Hello. Currently I'm not seeing icons on the forum buttons nor beside my username on the top right of the site. I'm using Microsoft Edge of Windows 10 Threshold 2, is this just an issue with Edge in general or can this be fixed? Thank you in advance. this is a screenshot:

Jul 20, 2016 4:30 AM
Jul 2018
I just logged in via Microsoft edge and for me the icons are there. So I don't think its an issue with Edge.

Stupid question, but have you tried to restart the browser and do you have this problem for quite some time or just now today?
Jul 20, 2016 4:31 AM

Apr 2013
RedCloud said:
I just logged in via Microsoft edge and for me the icons are there. So I don't think its an issue with Edge.

Stupid question, but have you tried to restart the browser and do you have this problem for quite some time or just now today?

I've had this problem for a while now. Months I think, I can't remember when it started.
Jul 20, 2016 5:11 AM

Feb 2013
I have a similar problem, but with my profile picture that shows in the top right corner of the screen, next to my MAL name, only a part of my picture shows, it seems to be oversized a lot.

UlquiorraJul 20, 2016 5:16 AM
Jul 20, 2016 5:22 AM

Oct 2014
Try clearing your cache and checking on different browsers, a similar thread was solved by Luna but it's not exactly the same problem as nothing shows up in your case. here's the link (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1521781&show=0#post7) for reading anyway.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Jul 20, 2016 5:32 AM

Apr 2013
Iizbakaokay said:
Try clearing your cache and checking on different browsers, a similar thread was solved by Luna but it's not exactly the same problem as nothing shows up in your case. here's the link (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1521781&show=0#post7) for reading anyway.

I have Edge on my Lumia too and it shows perfectly there. I've tried Firefox and oddly enough, instead of disappearing, it's simply replaced by blocks like how it is in the problem in the thread you linked, and Ulquiora's problem of the profile pic not showing correctly.

In the thread you linked, the supposed solution was using chrome with an add-on, however I am not prepared to change my browser simply due to one site. The person did say it might be because of the ISP though, so perhaps therein lies the issue. Unfortunately I am not in a position in which I can test that right now.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, my phone uses the same network as my computer, thus, it should not be the ISP right?
Jul 20, 2016 5:42 AM

Oct 2014
Haruka said:
Iizbakaokay said:

I have Edge on my Lumia too and it shows perfectly there. I've tried Firefox and oddly enough, instead of disappearing, it's simply replaced by blocks like how it is in the problem in the thread you linked, and Ulquiora's problem of the profile pic not showing correctly.

In the thread you linked, the supposed solution was using chrome with an add-on, however I am not prepared to change my browser simply due to one site. The person did say it might be because of the ISP though, so perhaps therein lies the issue. Unfortunately I am not in a position in which I can test that right now.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, my phone uses the same network as my computer, thus, it should not be the ISP right?
it's not the ISP but how data is sent and utilized in both the devices. I've never experienced this problem. Once a had accessed this site from Ubuntu(linux) on a very slow connection and I got those squares but they went away after a hard refresh so I am not really sure what was the problem there. Best option is to wait for Luna or other experienced users to respond to.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Jul 20, 2016 11:40 PM

Oct 2008
Ulquiorra said:
I have a similar problem, but with my profile picture that shows in the top right corner of the screen, next to my MAL name, only a part of my picture shows, it seems to be oversized a lot.

I have this issue as well.
Jul 21, 2016 12:44 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
The problem with the profile picture in the top right corner not being displayed correctly has nothing to do with the original post of the thread. This is a temporary problem and has been reported in this thread and will be fixed shortly.

Now about the actual issue of this thread @Haruka: I also think it's the same problem as in this thread.

Haruka said:

I suspect the Edge browser on your Lumia has some built in data saver option that's enabled because mobile plans are often limited to something between 200 MB and 1 GB so it is crucial that the bandwidth is lower than on desktop PCs where most people have unlimited bandwidth. This would explain why you don't have the problem on your phone.

I tried to find an extension/add-on for Edge that also enables data saving but I couldn't find any. It seems that this browser didn't use extensions/add-ons in the beginning and has only been providing this feature to the users for a short while - so probably not many extensions exist yet. I don't have win10 and I don't use the browser so unfortunately I can't help you with it. I'm not sure if anyone else can here, so maybe it's best you ask in a forum that's specialized on internet/browsers/windows10 if there is a way to enable a data saving option for Edge. Maybe there is even a feature in the browser directly that you can enable or someone can recommend you an extension/add-on. Tell them you're looking for something comparable to Chrome's "Data Saver" or Firefox's "skyZIP", then they should know or can google what exactly it means.

What you can also do is install Chrome or Firefox as a test to see if you have the same problem with them, then install these add-ons to see if they would solve the problem. If that's not the case then the problem might be something else.
Jul 21, 2016 1:13 AM

Apr 2013
@Luna

I have a different yet similar problem using firefox in which the icons become squares and the profile picture in the corner does not show properly. I then installed SkyZip as per instructions, and it did not solve the issue.
Jul 21, 2016 1:25 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
@Haruka:

As I said in my previous post, the profile picture in the corner is a general problem at the moment.

Can you access this link or does it give you an error message?

Maybe skyZIP needs some special settings in your case, maybe @Hikarin_97 can help with this.
Jul 21, 2016 1:59 AM

Apr 2013
Luna said:
@Haruka:

As I said in my previous post, the profile picture in the corner is a general problem at the moment.

Can you access this link or does it give you an error message?

Maybe skyZIP needs some special settings in your case, maybe @Hikarin_97 can help with this.

I understand.

It prompts a download on Edge. On Firefox running skyZIP it linked me to a mess of unintelligible symbols.
Jul 24, 2016 9:54 AM

Oct 2012
Just try another connection/ISP, to test this you can simply using VPN or some add-ons.
In my thread I use the same source wifi connection for mobile and desktop but ended up with different result because of different data compression method.

I reccomend chrome for browser.
Firefox with SkyZip not very reliable with data compression.
Also I'm on Windows 10 now and no problem with Microsft Edge.
Eru_IkusuJul 24, 2016 10:37 AM
Anime List

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3375 by mtwashington »»
4 hours ago

» I can't use forums using Windows High Contrast anymore

vasipi4946 - Apr 25

5 by vasipi4946 »»
Yesterday, 3:54 PM

» IP ban glitch?

AverageRiceFan - Apr 21

2 by hich4n_ »»
Apr 25, 12:15 PM

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
Apr 25, 6:05 AM

» Backup

Vapor_AU - Apr 24

1 by pichipichiHiro »»
Apr 24, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.