Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 18, 2016 1:58 AM
Feb 2016
A show can be critically acclaimed with all the right ticks such as characters, animation, lighting, direction, plot but still be boring and far from interesting or entertaining. But the show is still amazing. And there are shows that a lot of people enjoy but it may not be a critically good show. I enjoyed SAO however the show is total garbage and i know that. For this very reason their should be two ratings bar. One simply for how much you enjoyed the show and another for how good the show was in a critical level. This also helps for people who are not serious and just want to enjoy a show, a bit of comedy and no one cares about the plot. And for those who are looking for a more well made show which has a lot of thought put into it, they can just look at the other rating system.
Jul 18, 2016 4:32 AM

Oct 2014
No, literally no one care if you enjoyed a show or not. Rate SAO 10/10 or 11/10 - no one gives a care for a certain x individuals rating on the internet. If you're that adamant about giving it another rating use the tagging column to add your enjoyment score.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jul 28, 2016 3:44 AM

Feb 2008
Well, Rotten Tomatoes have this 2 Rating Systems for both critics and users. It shows that good movies not always are enjoyed by the public, and viceversa. I don't know what would be cost to implement the system to even bother to add it, but it is good for people that want further information to whatever they want to start to watch an anime/read a manga than the current system we have, that completely relies only on its users.

Jul 28, 2016 4:16 AM

Aug 2014
@FHT
Just a quick question

How do you know that critics dont rate based on enjoyment? maybe some do? are you sure?

Also to be honest, recent ratings of RT critics are just a bad joke.

They are no longer professional (most of them) and i think some can be bribed.

In addition to that, I've read some reviews and they are very short and dont cover the movie well.

So i dont know, some users are better than them critics.
Jul 28, 2016 6:08 AM

Feb 2008
Klassical said:
@FHT
Just a quick question

How do you know that critics dont rate based on enjoyment? maybe some do? are you sure?

Also to be honest, recent ratings of RT critics are just a bad joke.

They are no longer professional (most of them) and i think some can be bribed.

In addition to that, I've read some reviews and they are very short and dont cover the movie well.

So i dont know, some users are better than them critics.

Yeah, I understand that it is not a perfect system, but it is not also an outrageous of an idea. I was pointing out that other sites use this type of rating for comparison.

I personally believe more in the users more than critics, because you can "identify" yourself more with regular users than critics. But some people may not think like me and would like different kinds of reviews.

It may also be impossible to implement, as I don't think there are many sources of "professional" reviews for anime and manga to feed every single entry in MAL's database.

In the end, I support the idea, but I find it very difficult to add... I'll just leave it like that. :)
FHTJul 28, 2016 6:11 AM

Aug 8, 2016 11:55 AM

Oct 2015
It would certainly be interesting to then find the anime with the biggest gap between their two ratings. :p

I remember someone used the "tags" field in their list(s) for putting their "enjoyment rating", I found that a neat idea. But that is of course individual level only.
BannoBunka_snorkAug 9, 2016 11:47 AM
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*

More topics from this board

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

4 by traed »»
4 hours ago

» Add the option to change profile favorites pictures

k1rb - Oct 21, 2022

20 by Astachanna »»
5 hours ago

» An "Anime Franchise" page

_cjessop19_ - Today

1 by Astachanna »»
5 hours ago

» Combining every season of an Anime?

Dennisss - Apr 1, 2021

17 by _cjessop19_ »»
Today, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.