Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 2, 2014 5:25 AM

Nov 2012
what?! end already..? hee.. it was fast :/
oh okay I guess.. at least I can see konori wear the leather jacket! XD
Apr 5, 2014 5:40 PM

Sep 2012
Kuroko looks a lot better with her hair down.
Apr 21, 2014 1:22 AM

May 2012
Misakas attitude pissed me off this episode ...

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
May 5, 2014 9:42 PM

Jan 2013
Great ending of the arc :D
When Mii was a member of Big Spider she was very happy.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 7, 2014 2:49 PM

Jul 2010
Probably the worst arc so far.
May 9, 2014 2:26 PM

Jan 2013
Flowing said:
Kuroko looks a lot better with her hair down.
Yup.

Lol so... in the end it's all about oppai.
Jul 29, 2014 7:50 PM

Aug 2013
''WILL SEMPAI NOTICE ME?!''

I really liked the fighting scene. Fast paced and dat punch... Was satisfying. Though, I found it boring how they handled Hebitani character, especially that last move. He was just a cartoonish vilain in the end.

Woot! Misaka railgun!

Konori was really childish out there, but like Kuroko said : ''Love is a strange thing''.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 20, 2016 2:11 AM

Mar 2015
Misaka is out of character. Damn filler, poorly written. :(

I see. Mii boobs got bigger because of Milk. That part was the only good one in this episode.
Mar 11, 2016 12:05 PM

Mar 2015
Misaka in this episode is not really her. Not the usual tsundere cute kind of girl.

Though her railgun is awesome.

And the lovers arc ended bittersweetly

May 3, 2016 4:41 PM

Jun 2011
It looks like that the series is trying to go back to that light-hearted tone it used to have. I hope it keeps it that way because that's what made Railgun good. The drama the series tries to convey doesn't work because that's not what the series is used to having.

I hate the facial expressions on the characters.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Nov 5, 2016 9:08 PM

Jun 2011
Very meh, the arc was fine though I am not really a fan of Mii and all that cheesy stuff, but I have no idea why was Misaka so bothered by it, it's not like she had a past like that and she could relate to Mii or something. That's just meh writing there imo.

edit: Good to know there are other people who feel the same as me about Misaka's role in this mini arc, she's definitely OOC here.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 1, 2017 10:23 PM

Dec 2013
I actually quite like this arc. The last scene was cute :3

Action was decent as well.
Mar 22, 2017 4:42 AM

Aug 2013
Well the story was very cliche though.. I wonder what Mikoto is trying do here. Alright onto the next arc.
Jun 23, 2017 9:58 AM

Mar 2013
Dem blushes though.
But was it really necessary to arrest Kurozuma? I mean Misaka does more damage than those fist fights *sigh*
Sep 14, 2017 2:39 PM

Jun 2013
The action was cool, the sunset on the rooftop looked pretty. Kurozuma was kind of charismatic. Even the scenes that were supposed to be emotional would have worked if there had been better substance behind them. There's competent visual direction in this show, as I keep saying. Unfortunately, not nearly out-there enough to salvage the weak writing.

About Mikoto in the episode: I don't think she was technically out of character; and I think being disappointed over Mikoto not acting like a clichéd tsundere all the time is doing her character a disservice. See, she has always been a passionate and stubborn girl, that part wasn't new. The problem was just that the thing she was passionate about in this episode - the fact that her senpai ditched Judment - mattered very little to most of us viewers, so she seemed annoyingly meddling and stubborn for no good reason.

Those of you who guessed this is "filler," you are half correct. According to Wikipedia, the second half of Railgun 1 (episodes 13-24) consists of anime-original episodes. However, they were written by Kazuma Kamachi, the author of the Index light novels and writer of the Railgun manga. Take that as you will.

LeeTailorSep 14, 2017 3:25 PM
Dec 12, 2017 1:15 PM

Apr 2013
This episode was quite horrible I have to say. I really hate that guy, he's the clichee "cool bro" character who never makes any mistakes and is as wise as a 500 year old man. Boring. His interactions with Mii also made me dislike Mii a bit.
Jan 8, 2018 12:28 PM

Sep 2017
LeeTailor said:
The action was cool, the sunset on the rooftop looked pretty. Kurozuma was kind of charismatic. Even the scenes that were supposed to be emotional would have worked if there had been better substance behind them. There's competent visual direction in this show, as I keep saying. Unfortunately, not nearly out-there enough to salvage the weak writing.

About Mikoto in the episode: I don't think she was technically out of character; and I think being disappointed over Mikoto not acting like a clichéd tsundere all the time is doing her character a disservice. See, she has always been a passionate and stubborn girl, that part wasn't new. The problem was just that the thing she was passionate about in this episode - the fact that her senpai ditched Judment - mattered very little to most of us viewers, so she seemed annoyingly meddling and stubborn for no good reason.

Those of you who guessed this is "filler," you are half correct. According to Wikipedia, the second half of Railgun 1 (episodes 13-24) consists of anime-original episodes. However, they were written by Kazuma Kamachi, the author of the Index light novels and writer of the Railgun manga. Take that as you will.

After this episode I was going to say some things about some stuff, but it would appear that things and stuff have been quite comprehensively covered in this comment

So, yeah.. visual direction - tick, and Misaka's demeanor was different, but made sense
Feb 3, 2018 5:08 PM

Aug 2013
Decent arc. The ending was nice.

May 13, 2018 9:02 AM

Jul 2015
That was a great end to this miniarc, all the talk about experiences being what make you the current you and the need for a place to be your home were great, if all the filler material is as good as this, man they did a fantastic job writing it.
Dec 20, 2018 7:19 PM

Dec 2014
hmm well that was good I guess... to think the old boss was that good
Jan 21, 2019 12:10 AM

Aug 2017
Disappointing and rushed ending for this arc. Hebitani is just a generic villain. Also, why Kurozuma didn't attack before? The bad guys have guns but they do not use them until the last minute. What?

Another bad thing about this episode is that Kurozuma is arrested for some reason.

If I rate this arc, my score is 4/10 but that it was short, my current score doesn't change.

At least we have more characterization for Konori.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 27, 2019 4:04 PM
Jan 2019
What a good episode. Kurozuma is one of the coolest characters in the anime I've seen 😎👌. It reminded me of Baki. You should have your own anime xD.
Nov 24, 2019 3:37 PM

Nov 2013
the ending part where the guy was talking about Mii's boobs and then her reaction was actually really funny
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 4, 2020 11:21 AM

Sep 2018
Oh well! This narrative arc, while not as compelling as past events, has been pleasant to follow.
Apr 16, 2020 9:35 AM

Aug 2018
For some reason Kuroko is all silent, calm, maybe in thoughts or just patiently waiting.. A bit different from her playful nature..
I wonder, if it's because she thinks that group just have to let Konori have whatever past she has, and that's all?.. Not really put your nose in there, unless Konori would ask herself, or would want to share.. Maybe that's why.. Not sure..
Why Misaka can't really accept Konori having some unresolved heavy feelings?.. She's either very oblivious to the thing that Konori might have loved that guy, who disappeared for some time.. (well, she is kinda oblivious to love, for example, when she was working for judgement one day, and her angry reactions to some teases of Kiyama and Touma might say that she has not that much experience in love) Or maybe Konori reminds Misaka of herself?.. Like, maybe Misaka had difficulties in the past, having lower level.. But wouldn't want to return to them, rather leave them in the past.. So she's not really understanding, why Konori wouldn't just abandon this past and focus on present.. Maybe some third thing..
I think it's very high probability someone just used this criminal group.. Someone who helped them get the weapons and such machine against espers as well.. They might have gotten all this by themselves.. But how recklessly and stupidly they behaved just assaulting espers?.. It doesn't make sense for these 2 things to go together.. Probably someone is higher..
Well, with how oblivious Misaka is reacting to boob jokes.. I think she indeed is very innocent and inexperienced about thing of love.. Not sure about second thing - if she had difficulties in the past as well.. Well, at least she also was wishing for Konori not to be in criminal group, I guess.. Misaka is kinda having difficulties understanding life of those who didn't achieve in the end, I guess.. But she slowly gets more of this understanding.. Previously with Saten, now with Konori..
Jul 7, 2020 2:41 PM

May 2016
Kurozuma was a cool guy till the end. what a GOAT.
May 28, 2022 5:27 AM
Oct 2019
Good Episode. Bye Bye Spider.

​Drink Milk to have bigger Oppai.. lmao
Oct 20, 2022 6:07 AM

Dec 2020
This arc was really nice. Maybe cause it focused on a cast that was more mature ish anyway. Kurozuma was a really cool guy too.

And what's with the quote at the end. Academy City at his best? More like it's no different than other cities and have shit untreated areas too lol
May 4, 2023 12:07 AM

Dec 2019
Lol, I thought this was an enjoyable arc just to see most people on here hating on it. Its usually the other way around for me
Camus153May 19, 2023 10:24 PM
Jul 15, 2023 2:45 PM

Jun 2017
Juliet of the Academy city  falls in love with Romeo ,the crowned head of Class Zero & a bittersweet ending .A tale of the ages .Neatly written ,loved it.Though Ms Railgun was annoying at times but she is a kiddo so understandable.
Nov 29, 2023 4:51 AM

Nov 2023
New kyara introduced
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

UnknownFact - Jan 2, 2010

169 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

throwaway513846 - Dec 25, 2009

224 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:13 PM

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Do you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun?

SpinStudios - Oct 25, 2021

18 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

164 by TheAncientOne »»
Feb 25, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.