Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 7, 2016 10:33 AM
Jun 2016
I have only watched 3 animes I really liked so far, these are Steins;gate, ERASED, Re:Zero ..

maybe also code geass, white album 2 and Parasyte.

I have now tried a lot of the top animes which I didn't like. The reason I like all Steins;gate, ERASED and re zero kara hajimeru isekai seikatsu. Is because they are intelligent. they don't have superficial characters, superficial emotions, superficial laughs, they make you care for the characters, I know that time travel is a thing in all the ones i have mentioned but I generally like darker animes, with honest deep character relationships and drama. If anyone else knows what I mean please give a suggestion, if not then just scroll past. I would rather not have anymore toradora, clannad, and Kaichou wa Maid-sama- suggestions :)) Peace out, I hope this is not offensive to anyone, I am just frustrated after wasting much time.. :/
Jul 7, 2016 10:42 AM

May 2015
Just search in tags thriller, seinen, drama. There you go

Ok, JK.

My first recomendations is definitely Tatami Galaxy. it may not have such thing as "time travel", but is has "choices" for our young MC to choose from starting point. All the characters is quietly entertaining, and may has some twist to be discovered. The only struggle to enjoy this show is just its monologue: it feels like we watch it in 2x speed, but still marvellous at least to me.

Next is Shinsekai Yori. It's hard to describe it as a whole, but trust me. It will tell us about ANYTHING that happened in that mind****ed world. Just watch it till the end :D

And finally, There's Ping Pong. The artstyle might turn you off, BUT.... The relationship between the MC's is very satisfying. You can't find much any of these characters in other shows: and the finalle seems to be like I watching a completely different show. Overall a masterpiece to watch, NOW!!!!
CouranosJul 7, 2016 1:49 PM
Jul 7, 2016 10:45 AM

Apr 2016
Try watching 5 centimeter per second,it's not a series it's a movie.
Jul 7, 2016 10:46 AM

Feb 2015
Hey, you seem to really like time travel animes,
in my opinion erased and re zero are really not that good,
but yeah I agree with steins gate, It's a really good one,
here's a few I would recommend for you:

Death Note
Rainbow
Evangelion (The Series+EndOfEvangelion) not the remake movies
Shinsekai Yori, Just watch untill last episode, really
Zankyou no Terror
Serial Experiments Lain

Have a nice day man :)
Jul 7, 2016 10:48 AM

Aug 2015
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin sounds like something you would like. Check it out!
nothing.
Jul 7, 2016 11:36 AM

Jan 2011
monster
legend of the galactic heroes

if you want a darker drama then
grave of the fireflies
now and then, here and there
Jul 7, 2016 11:56 AM

Mar 2016
+1 Zankyou no Terror
Higashi no Eden
Maybe Baccano!

Also you can try Clannad: after story
Jul 7, 2016 1:02 PM

Mar 2016
Considering how you feel about other shows you might not like thi show, but Angel beats is my favorite anime, so maybe youll like it
Jul 7, 2016 1:08 PM

Dec 2015
Erased wasn't intelligent at all though, far from it even.

I highly second Shinsekai Yori and Monster, Death Note is also a fun ride for sure.

In an entirely different style my personal recommendation would be Spice and Wolf. The economic aspect of the whole thing is very well crafted and highly present (to the point of scaring off some) which makes for nice food for thought and the growing relationship between Lawrence and Holo is an atypical adventure that makes for an endearing story.
Jul 7, 2016 1:20 PM

Apr 2016
Welcome to the NHK is amazing as it deals with very dark serious themes like suicide and depression whilst still being an interesting and hilarious analysis of Otaku culture.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2016 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
The most serious anime there is probably: Monster

I suggest you check it out :)
Jul 7, 2016 3:32 PM
Apr 2011
redyman777 said:
I have only watched 3 animes I really liked so far, these are Steins;gate, ERASED, Re:Zero ..

I have now tried a lot of the top animes which I didn't like. The reason I like all Steins;gate, ERASED and re zero kara hajimeru isekai seikatsu. Is because they are intelligent. they don't have superficial characters, superficial emotions, superficial laughs, they make you care for the characters, I know that time travel is a thing in all the ones i have mentioned but I generally like darker animes, with honest deep character relationships and drama. If anyone else knows what I mean please give a suggestion, if not then just scroll past. I would rather not have anymore toradora, clannad, and Kaichou wa Maid-sama- suggestions :)) Peace out, I hope this is not offensive to anyone, I am just frustrated after wasting much time.. :/

Watch Death Note, Baccano, Psycho Pass, and K-On.
Jul 7, 2016 3:34 PM
Nov 2015
Kiznaiver might be worth to check out :)
Jul 30, 2016 9:46 AM
Jun 2016
Couranos said:
Just search in tags thriller, seinen, drama. There you go

Ok, JK.

My first recomendations is definitely Tatami Galaxy. it may not have such thing as "time travel", but is has "choices" for our young MC to choose from starting point. All the characters is quietly entertaining, and may has some twist to be discovered. The only struggle to enjoy this show is just its monologue: it feels like we watch it in 2x speed, but still marvellous at least to me.

Next is Shinsekai Yori. It's hard to describe it as a whole, but trust me. It will tell us about ANYTHING that happened in that mind****ed world. Just watch it till the end :D

And finally, There's Ping Pong. The artstyle might turn you off, BUT.... The relationship between the MC's is very satisfying. You can't find much any of these characters in other shows: and the finalle seems to be like I watching a completely different show. Overall a masterpiece to watch, NOW!!!!
thank you!!! šŸ˜­
Jul 30, 2016 11:40 AM
Apr 2016
seiken tsukai no world break
one piece
naruto
fairy tail
bleach
ao no exorcist
overlord
nanatsu no taizai
hagure yuusha no estetica
accel world
gakusen toshi asterisk 1+2
katanagatari
rave master
high school dxd 1+2+3
rakudai kishi no cavalry
owari no seraph 1+2
tsukaima no zero 1+2+3+4
phi brain 1+2+3
charlote
i recommend you to wach all of them becuse all of them are awesome
Jul 30, 2016 9:44 PM

Jun 2014
If you liked those three, you would love Zetsuen no Tempest !!!
Jul 31, 2016 10:14 PM

Apr 2010
You can try
Sengoku Musou
Kuroshitsuji (I think it's better to start with season 3)

Aug 2, 2016 10:36 AM
Jul 2016
You should try brynhildr in the darkness and it also has a manga if you don't think
13 episodes is enough!
Aug 2, 2016 11:45 AM
Jul 2016
-Monster is very serious
-Spice and Wolf
-Death Note, for many people is a masterpiece
-Paranoia Agent, is a mindf**k anime but it talks about very serious reasons
-Angel Beats, another masterpiece, it talks about death, problem of life, how live life etc.
-Death parade, it talks about reasons like Angel Beats
-Mirai Nikki, watch it
-Noein: Mou Hitori no Kimi e, time travel, it is very deep, I really recommend it ;)
-Speed Grapher, it talks about capitalism and effects of money
-C: The money of soul and possibility control, similar to Speed Grapher
-Zankyou no Terror, it has some points in common with Death Note
-Gankutsuou, the story of the Count of Montecristo
-Shinsekai Yori, watch it
-Full Metal Alchemist, a masterpiece
-Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, masterpiece
Aug 2, 2016 12:14 PM
Dec 2014
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Cowboy Bepop
Texhnolyze

^serious anime
j
Aug 2, 2016 12:39 PM

Dec 2015
If you're seriously serious about watching a serious anime watch Berserk (1997) - there's no superficial characters but instead authentic characters and relationships. Oh yeah and it's dark.

Also Death Note is good as the main character is an anti-hero as opposed to your usual cheesy protagonist.

In some ways I'd recommend Monster and in some ways I wouldn't - it dabbles in that grey area without ever really pushing it.
Aug 2, 2016 12:58 PM
Jun 2015
+1000 Rainbow
+1000 Psycho Pass
Aug 2, 2016 1:06 PM
Aug 2015
redyman777 said:

Re zero intelligent? no, definitely no!!!.
so im not sure what you mean by intelligent anime, but if you want very smart and kind a dark anime

The perfect insider
One outs
Death note
Monster(its not smart its just interesting)
NoGameNoLife(not dark, but really good)
Akagi(weird animation, but really good about gambling)
Kaiji(best anime of all about gambling and actually kind a smart)
Aug 2, 2016 1:18 PM

Jul 2015
maybe you could try
darker than black
Aug 2, 2016 4:21 PM
Sep 2015
Madoka Magica might be to your liking.
Aug 2, 2016 5:55 PM

Apr 2016
Natsume Yuujinchou.
Aug 4, 2016 1:19 PM
Jun 2016
HeicPy said:

Re zero intelligent? no, definitely no!!!.
so im not sure what you mean by intelligent anime

How is re zero not intelligent?? The anime explores big themes of how fragile the mind is, and at the same time it creates character relationships that make you feel something real. It seriously touched me on a vaity of emotions. 98 % of amines could only hope to make me nervously laugh out of pity. Am i alone in this?
Aug 4, 2016 1:23 PM
Jul 2018
+1 Psycho-Pass and Zankyou no terror
And try Darker than Black + Phantom Requiem for Phantom

More topics from this board

» Looking for anime like Aria the Animation and Shiroi Suna no Aquatope

AdityaRizkiS - 35 minutes ago

0 by AdityaRizkiS »»
35 minutes ago

» Movies

BitChilly - 10 hours ago

8 by BitChilly »»
37 minutes ago

» I find it absolutely absurd I canā€™t find a manga with gay marriage legalized

isseixkoneko - Apr 25

1 by Ten »»
1 hour ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

10 by ST63LTH »»
5 hours ago

» Battle romance manhwa/manga/manhua

NaTsu879 - 11 hours ago

1 by dowzer »»
6 hours ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.