Forum Settings
Forums

Which is the most annoying type of anime fan you hate to encounter in a discussion?

New
Jun 30, 2016 12:34 AM
Jul 2015
Personally speaking, I tend to hate more anime fans that refuse to listen to logic. Meeting fans of "x" show and totally refuse to listen to any negative critic about that show and if you ever land a valid point they usually pull out the "you are overthinking it" or "if you hate anime that much then you should stop watching". So im asking my fellow anime people, which is the type of fan you despise encountering in a discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2016 12:36 AM

Aug 2015
I hate and love all of them! Need I say more?

But yeah, the illogical and ignorant ones would be the most annoying
Jun 30, 2016 12:37 AM

May 2015
I dislike op that post the thread, say discuss and then disappear.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2016 12:38 AM

Mar 2015
People like you, OP. You complain too much :V
Jun 30, 2016 12:38 AM

Jun 2015
Fujoshis. They're only good at fanart. At discussions, not so much.

zal said:

That too.
Jun 30, 2016 12:40 AM
Jul 2015
zal said:

Tfw someone tells me I disappeared rip

Jun 30, 2016 12:41 AM

May 2015
Redshell said:
zal said:

No worries, you reappeared so you're fine.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2016 12:43 AM

Aug 2015
BRB-kun said:
Fujoshis. They're only good at fanart.

Fujishi:
Pros : Are great artist.
Cons: Only draws gay men!
>:)

At discussions, not so much
*cough* summoning comic sans *cough*
Jun 30, 2016 12:44 AM

Nov 2015
The "I don't give a shit! Look at how I don't give a shit!" ones.
The "Elitist shows don't deserve to be watched" ones.
The "lmaooo look at what he's doing he rates everything over 9" ones..
Jun 30, 2016 12:45 AM
Jul 2015
OneTrueEmiya said:

Not sure if this counts as complaining tbh,

Complaining: express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event.

Im by no means complaining, Im trying to see others people opinion about a topic that pique my interest. But whatever floats your boat
Jun 30, 2016 12:46 AM
Jul 2015
Z-Dante said:
BRB-kun said:
Fujoshis. They're only good at fanart.

Fujishi:
Pros : Are great artist.
Cons: Only draws gay men!
>:)

At discussions, not so much
*cough* summoning comic sans *cough*

I dont necessary hate people who love drawing gay relationships, but I do believe they waste their potential.
Jun 30, 2016 12:47 AM

Apr 2014
BRB-kun said:

this and elitists who shit on you if you haven't watched these four obscure 80's anime
Jun 30, 2016 12:47 AM
Jul 2015
Z-Dante said:
I hate and love all of them! Need I say more?

But yeah, the illogical and ignorant ones would be the most annoying

You cant make enemies, if you hate em all already!
Lmao
Jun 30, 2016 12:48 AM

Apr 2016
The ones that think that anything that isn't a masterpiece is worth watching or the ones that refuse to accept any negative critic in the show they like.
Jun 30, 2016 12:49 AM

Jan 2016
well, I think the only anime fan I encountered a proper discussion with is @Mamster-P, but he definitely wasn't annoying... I dunno, I barely speak to people, so I guess you could say that I'd be the annoying type of anime fan, atleast I definitely used to be
Jun 30, 2016 12:50 AM

Jun 2008
#1 People with shit tier waifus....I'm looking at you Sakura fans.

#2 "Ecchi is ruining anime" type

#3 "Lolicon = Pedophile" type

#4 "SAO/OPM is Sooo good, fuck u if you disagree!" Type
Jun 30, 2016 12:50 AM
Jul 2015
kirisakitrash said:
BRB-kun said:

this and elitists who shit on you if you haven't watched these four obscure 80's anime

When someone, tells you that you suck dick because you have seen "x" anime from 100 years ago.

In a serious note, I despise people who tell others about a shit taste based on the year the anime they watch. ITs like hipsters. but worst.
Jun 30, 2016 12:52 AM
Jul 2015
JustALEX said:

Oh Yeah definitely, Specially when its all of those together, For example people who tend to be around 20 anime watched, and start complaining about HOW ANIME IS DED because of Ecchi. Like nigga you have been around for like 1 month.
Jun 30, 2016 12:52 AM
Jul 2018
Those people saying "this anime deserve a x score, fk you if you don't"
Jun 30, 2016 12:53 AM
Jul 2015
TheMoonServant said:
well, I think the only anime fan I encountered a proper discussion with is @Mamster-P, but he definitely wasn't annoying... I dunno, I barely speak to people, so I guess you could say that I'd be the annoying type of anime fan, atleast I definitely used to be

To be fair, everyone has that one stage of blindness fandom when they are new.
Jun 30, 2016 12:56 AM
Jul 2015
zal said:
Redshell said:

No worries, you reappeared so you're fine.

Yeah I not that used to forums, but I do try to reply to every single person that shares their opinion.
Jun 30, 2016 12:57 AM

Jan 2016
JustALEX said:

okay so umm, I'm definitely not 2, 3 and 4, but I wonder now if I'm that #1... My waifu is Mine.. is this shit tier or not? :D
Jun 30, 2016 12:59 AM
Jul 2015
TheMoonServant said:
JustALEX said:

okay so umm, I'm definitely not 2, 3 and 4, but I wonder now if I'm that #1... My waifu is Mine.. is this shit tier or not? :D

Mine is pretty cute tbh, I love her character design im really sad that things turned that way in Akame ga Kill.
Jun 30, 2016 1:02 AM

Feb 2016
I hate people who just say their 2 cents and leave.....
Jun 30, 2016 1:03 AM

Feb 2016
In a discussion i dont know but Definitely i hate the ones who rate 1 a show without watching it just to lower the score (ehm..cough Gintam cough) -.-
Jun 30, 2016 1:04 AM

May 2015
"This is good because it doesn't have fanservice in it"-type of fans.

They ruin the name of really good shows by praising them merely for being weird or not containing fanservice.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things

Jan 2016
Redshell said:
TheMoonServant said:

Mine is pretty cute tbh, I love her character design im really sad that things turned that way in Akame ga Kill.

yea, I was really damn sad too, she is my favorite character in Akame ga Kill :(
Jul 2015
Cummdog123 said:

But.. Im still here... Feelsbadman.
Jun 30, 2016 1:06 AM
Jul 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
"This is good because it doesn't have fanservice in it"-type of fans.

They ruin the name of really good shows by praising them merely for being weird or not containing fanservice.

Oh yeah definitely, reminds me of people who use the term "Is good because is different" implying every new concept is good.
Jun 30, 2016 1:09 AM
Jul 2015
TheMoonServant said:
Redshell said:

yea, I was really damn sad too, she is my favorite character in Akame ga Kill :(

My waifu is very simple, Im not sure what I like of her doe. Tuturu!
Jun 30, 2016 1:10 AM

Jan 2016
Redshell said:
TheMoonServant said:

I think it's that same "Tuturu!" you like of her :^)
Jun 30, 2016 1:11 AM

Feb 2016
Redshell said:
Cummdog123 said:

I was trying to be sarcastic and clever, insinuating I was the one leaving. Cause I hate myself sob :'(
But now i just feel bad so i had to come back and say sorry to you!
Jun 30, 2016 1:12 AM

May 2015
@Redshell
Instead of making a new reply for every comment you could write the reply cut it together with the quote part, use the edit option and paste it in your previous comment so that you don't double/triple post.
Jun 30, 2016 1:12 AM
Jul 2015
TheMoonServant said:
Redshell said:

I think it's that same "Tuturu!" you like of her :^)

Oh, hell ye, thats my type of girl semi autistic and say the same word every 10 mins :^)
Jun 30, 2016 1:15 AM

Dec 2015
The elitists that say if it is complex and complicated it is "good" - and the ones that look for logic errors. Cause anime is not only about complex stuff. It is not science.

For example a anime that is complex/complicated but has bad pacing ... that just isn't entertaining. Isn't good then. But they are not accepting that.

Also the ones that know source material and try to explain why the show "will get better later" every episode - when it still stays crap. (Like for Re:Zero now.) They also often complain and say you could know stuff that might happen later at a certain point A in the anime ... but they are wrong and only know it because they have more info (cause they know the source material). Bit annoying.

They then complain that you don'd understand the anime if you score it low. :D
Jun 30, 2016 1:16 AM
Jul 2015
zal said:
@Redshell
Instead of making a new reply for every comment you could write the reply cut it together with the quote part, use the edit option and paste it in your previous comment so that you don't double/triple post.

Ayy thanks for the Tip, Yeah I still a noob when it comes to forums, Im usually a sleeper in MAL.

Cummdog123 said:
Redshell said:

I was trying to be sarcastic and clever, insinuating I was the one leaving. Cause I hate myself sob :'(
But now i just feel bad so i had to come back and say sorry to you!

Yeah LOL, i was gonna say like "Yo but you just left" xD but I thought it was directed to me.
Jun 30, 2016 1:21 AM

May 2016
The alt type.
Use alt to spam the thread into locking.

OneTrueEmiya said:
Hooo, so you posted with your real account now huh? where are your "OneFreeEmiya" and "OneTrueLolicon"? banland?
Not to mention that shamless VIP shitposter title, well, at least you admit it.
Jun 30, 2016 1:22 AM

Aug 2013
Bandwagon fans. An example is when One Punch Man came out. All of the sudden everybody and their grandparents are #1 fans of it, and they think the show is the biggest masterpiece ever without any flaws whatsoever
Yea
Jun 30, 2016 1:27 AM
Jul 2015
Luthandorius said:
The elitists that say if it is complex and complicated it is "good" - and the ones that look for logic errors. Cause anime is not only about complex stuff. It is not science.

For example a anime that is complex/complicated but has bad pacing ... that just isn't entertaining. Isn't good then. But they are not accepting that.

Also the ones that know source material and try to explain why the show "will get better later" every episode - when it still stays crap. (Like for Re:Zero now.) They also often complain and say you could know stuff that might happen later at a certain point A in the anime ... but they are wrong and only know it because they have more info (cause they know the source material). Bit annoying.

Kinda feel for you, People who scream Complex = Better, its infact quite stupid. Complexity in anime tends to be a double edge sword, because if you dont understand it then there is 0 point watching it.

Zilf said:
The alt type.

OneTrueEmiya said:
Hooo, so you posted with your real account now huh? where are your "OneFreeEmiya" and "OneTrueLolicon"? banland?

Did.. I missed something?

Psychopasses said:
Bandwagon fans. An example is when One Punch Man came out. All of the sudden everybody and their grandparents are #1 fans of it, and they think the show is the biggest masterpiece ever without any flaws whatsoever

Definitely, specially when they dont even like the anime but they say they do for the sake of being part with the "hypetrain".
Jun 30, 2016 1:31 AM

Jan 2016
Those who belittle people who are just passionate about their anime in any way shape or form. The greatest example of this is the stigma the so called "weaboos* have and also the "It's only chinese cartoons, man" crowd. I find dispassionate people to be one of the greatest nuisance of this community(or any community in general).
Jun 30, 2016 1:36 AM

Nov 2011
The one that dislike my favorites series. You all can go screw yourself and have your socks wets.

Jun 30, 2016 1:36 AM
Mar 2016
Redshell said:
Luthandorius said:

Kinda feel for you, People who scream Complex = Better, its infact quite stupid. Complexity in anime tends to be a double edge sword, because if you dont understand it then there is 0 point watching it.

Zilf said:
The alt type.

Psychopasses said:

Definitely, specially when they dont even like the anime but they say they do for the sake of being part with the "hypetrain".
Thnx God, I'm not that type........
Jun 30, 2016 1:37 AM

Nov 2009
Ignorant ones. They go "a pantyshot! the anime is ruined!". They go "all tsundere are the same!". They go "loli=pedophila!". They go "Kirito is overpowered!".
There can be no meaningful discussion with them. At most, you can give them a lecture about the state of things, and hope they will grow up as an anime fan eventually.

CapitalistGod said:
Those who belittle people who are just passionate about their anime in any way shape or form. The greatest example of this is the stigma the so called "weaboos* have and also the "It's only chinese cartoons, man" crowd. I find dispassionate people to be one of the greatest nuisance of this community(or any community in general).

Yes, I guess I hate this type of people even more.
Jun 30, 2016 1:45 AM

Mar 2015
Zilf said:
The alt type.

OneTrueEmiya said:

btw I've always wondered, is your name based off of "milf"?
Jun 30, 2016 1:47 AM
Jul 2015
Kingof1k said:
Redshell said:

Thnx God, I'm not that type........

Tbh, im not complete sure if you are being a dick to me for responding to everyone, or if you agree with the response. soooo yeah.

CapitalistGod said:

Well tbh, this type of people exist in any community, as for its only chinese cartoons Im assuming you are talking about people who have little to no knowledge about anime and tend to take anime related topics as pointless because of the sake of only being cartoons. If thats the case I agree. The only thing with Weebs is that I have never actually get to know one out of cringe compilations.

flannan said:
Ignorant ones. They go "a pantyshot! the anime is ruined!". They go "all tsundere are the same!". They go "loli=pedophila!". They go "Kirito is overpowered!".
There can be no meaningful discussion with them. At most, you can give them a lecture about the state of things, and hope they will grow up as an anime fan eventually.

Yeah, people tend to complain about how ecchi or moe are destroying the media, that is infact not true. This type of people tend to be newbies since they see any other non action anime as garbage. As for Kirito as character he is a Gary Stu so in that sense he is indeed overpower in SAO. I dont like SAO as a whole but its still enjoyable to certain degree. Kirito is one character that I absolutely cant digest because he is the representation of light novel guy trope.
Jun 30, 2016 1:52 AM

Feb 2015
"Ecchi ruining anime"

"Moe ruining anime"

"Loli ruining anime"

"Harem ruining Anime"

"Weeaboos ruining anime"

YOU ARE THE ONES WHO ARE RUINING ANIME!!!

"Shit on other's opinions"

"Forcing people to do this and that, to watch this and that"

"Troll, bait"

and i hate myself for getting used to elitist people.
Jun 30, 2016 1:54 AM

May 2016
OneTrueEmiya said:
Zilf said:
The alt type.

Oh dodging the question and attacked my name? how original.
And what if it is? are you going to summon your shitposters army and make fun of it?
Jun 30, 2016 1:56 AM

Mar 2015
Zilf said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

Oh dodging the question and attacked my name? how original.
And what if it is? are you going to summon your shitposters army and make fun of it?

I've sworn off alts lel. The only alt I see on MAL would be @Fai.
Jun 30, 2016 1:59 AM

Jul 2013
The ones who have shit taste are the worst by a mile. They make the elitist and the fujoshis looks like harmless seal pups in comparisson.
Jun 30, 2016 1:59 AM
May 2012
The ones who instead of telling pros about their favorite anime put their effort in bashing anime which they think (but don't want to accept) are more popular or better.

In other words, the 'insecure fans'
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Name your two favorite anime from your 2 least favorite genres/themes, and two least favorite of your most favorite genres/themes

Daviljoe193 - Yesterday

26 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

265 by FZREMAKE »»
5 minutes ago

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together?

Oshieteoshiete4 - Yesterday

26 by deg »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Pick your favourite in this list!

AnimeLover1289 - 48 minutes ago

6 by IKKIsama »»
14 minutes ago

» Does it ever annoy you how a lot of series just never seem to end?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

18 by deg »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.