Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 1, 2016 12:16 AM

Apr 2016
At this point, the manga has been over for years now. They have around twenty or so chapters left to adapt. Yet here we are, sitting through filler after filler. And what for? It's almost impossible to think anything other than that Pierrot doesn't want to end the series since its such a cash cow, even though they could have ended it about a year ago. They could just continue to do fillers for years to come. It's quite sad really. I love the Naruto series as much as the next guy, but when a great series has had its run, it should be able to die gracefully. Do you think Pierrot will continue to extend the series for way longer than it needs to be? Or will they finally finish up the series within the next couple months like they should, and are way overdue to?
May 1, 2016 12:25 AM

Apr 2014
The recent fillers were because of production issues. The animators who were usually responsible for the well animated episodes were busy with the Boruto movie and other side projects. That's why instead of making the canon episodes look like Dragonball Super, the director decided to add fillers until the schedule was fixed.
May 1, 2016 12:35 AM

Apr 2016
Z4k said:
The recent fillers were because of production issues. The animators who were usually responsible for the well animated episodes were busy with the Boruto movie and other side projects. That's why instead of making the canon episodes look like Dragonball Super, the director decided to add fillers until the schedule was fixed.

thanks for the insight.
although it's unfortunate that they're making the Boruto movie the top priority right now. I think people would much rather they finish the series before even starting to work on that anyways.
May 1, 2016 12:36 AM

Nov 2014
Why should they? It sells.

May 1, 2016 12:58 AM

Oct 2013
No they won't, it's providing jobs for people who otherwise may not have it if it ended.
May 1, 2016 3:34 PM

Apr 2016
R4vel said:
No they won't, it's providing jobs for people who otherwise may not have it if it ended.

there's plenty of other projects Pierrot could give these workers after Naruto. For example, they could start adapting the Boruto spin off manga, or heck just bring back Bleach already.
May 1, 2016 5:38 PM

Nov 2015
yokai watch is swamping everything at the moment
thats why you are seeing things like dragonball, sailor moon and even digimon revivals
everyone is putting they're best foot forward to stay relevant
or maybe im just crazy
May 1, 2016 6:06 PM
Jun 2008
What's the hurry ?
May 1, 2016 8:08 PM

Apr 2016
shion16 said:
What's the hurry ?

a lot of anime only watchers of Naruto really just want to see the end of the series. the manga has been over for years, and I think for the fans it would be nice to allow the series to have a solid ending instead of filler-ing it into oblivion.
but maybe that's just me I guess.
May 3, 2016 10:17 PM

Sep 2014
Z4k said:

Yeah sure " production issues" my ass, manga has been over for over a year now. They just want to milk all the money they possibly can. While simultaneously destroying any sort of integrity they have left.
May 3, 2016 10:43 PM

Feb 2016
I'm pretty sure you've already figured it out but it's all about the money at this point. They're generating revenue from it, it wouldn't make sense for them to stop if they weren't at a disadvantage by making it.

If a movie sells well, you are most likely to see a part 2, and 3, and 4, and a whole bunch of toys and video games and stuff based off the movie because it did great. Same goes with Naruto, it seems like the audience is happy because Pierrot is still getting money off of their "happiness".
May 4, 2016 1:48 AM

Apr 2014
davinci12 said:
Z4k said:

Yeah sure " production issues" my ass, manga has been over for over a year now. They just want to milk all the money they possibly can. While simultaneously destroying any sort of integrity they have left.

Yes there were production issues you idiot. They only had an year to finish the Boruto movie so obviously they diverted all their manpower responsible for the goodlooking episode of the TV anime for the movie and for your information "Naruto: The Last" took two years to complete. That's why the director opted for filler episodes until the schedule was fixed instead of letting amateur animators handle the canon episodes like how Toei is fucking with Dragonball Super. Oh and what milking? When was the last time any Natuto episode had a good TV rating? When was the last time the BD/DVDs even sold well? Get the fuck out of here with your ignorant ass.
Z4KMay 4, 2016 1:55 AM
May 4, 2016 2:43 AM

Oct 2014
I've heard a rumor that Naruto + Shippuden will have 700 episodes just like how the manga has 700 chapters. This would mean that the endless and pointless filler is simply due to someone's OCD about the episode count.
May 4, 2016 11:42 AM

Apr 2016
Z4k said:
davinci12 said:

Yes there were production issues you idiot. They only had an year to finish the Boruto movie so obviously they diverted all their manpower responsible for the goodlooking episode of the TV anime for the movie and for your information "Naruto: The Last" took two years to complete. That's why the director opted for filler episodes until the schedule was fixed instead of letting amateur animators handle the canon episodes like how Toei is fucking with Dragonball Super. Oh and what milking? When was the last time any Natuto episode had a good TV rating? When was the last time the BD/DVDs even sold well? Get the fuck out of here with your ignorant ass.

I'm not a fan of all the name calling, but I have to agree with davinci here. I have a hard time believing all the fillers are just because of production issues.
SamBlackMay 4, 2016 4:21 PM
May 4, 2016 7:27 PM

Apr 2014
SamBlack said:
Z4k said:

I'm not a fan of all the name calling, but I have to agree with davinci here. I have a hard time believing all the fillers are just because of production issues.

I never said ALL the fillers were because of production issues.
May 4, 2016 10:06 PM

Apr 2016
Z4k said:
SamBlack said:

I never said ALL the fillers were because of production issues.

I got you, man. I understand what you're trying to say. I just think Pierrot needs to stop screwing around and give the fans the true ending already.
May 4, 2016 10:08 PM

Mar 2016
Fillers !!!! Thats the reason i put it on Hold ...
Pls Pls end Naruto xD.
I think everything in this world is beautiful. The sky, birds, bugs, frogs, flowers, and even rocks. Because, if God created this world, could there really be anything dirty and ugly in it?
May 5, 2016 3:25 AM
Mar 2016
zombie_pegasus said:
I've heard a rumor that Naruto + Shippuden will have 700 episodes just like how the manga has 700 chapters. This would mean that the endless and pointless filler is simply due to someone's OCD about the episode count.

I thought about that as well some weeks ago, but they already adapted 1.5 chapters instead of 0.5 chapters last episode, so we have 22 episodes left until the 700th overall episode but only 21.5 chapters. And the preview of todays episode already showed us contents of chapter 681, so they'll adapt at least 2.5 chapters this episode, most likely more because they showed us the end of chapter 681 but they definitely won't spoil the ending of the episode in the preview, so the episode will most likely end with chapter 682.
My prediction:
Today (May 05): chapter 679 (last part) - 682
May 12: chapter 683-685
May 19: chapter 686-687
May 26: chapter 688-689
June 02: chapter 690-691
June 09: chapter 692-694
June 16: chapter 695-696
June 23: chapter 697-698
June 30: chapter 699-700
TheEnhancedExeMay 5, 2016 3:30 AM
May 5, 2016 4:47 AM

Jun 2013
lmao that prediction already died with next week's episode preview^
Weakness is a sin!
May 5, 2016 7:26 AM

Dec 2014
ok I don't think they are interested in ending it... they may want to delay the conclude so that the then sart of with kakashi or boruto
May 5, 2016 7:41 AM

Dec 2012
ibraheem234 said:
ok I don't think they are interested in ending it... they may want to delay the conclude so that the then sart of with kakashi or boruto

Quite the opposite. They are investing in telling the last part of the story. If it was just ''milking'' they would have just inserted a random filler that don't require any effort to connect to Kagyua.
May 5, 2016 7:42 AM
Aug 2012
I doubt it will end soon, This war + filler is already going on for about 150 episodes (or little bit less) which is like 2/3 years already and half of them are fillers.
Also considering the next episode preview, i think there are 2/3 more coming/
May 5, 2016 8:09 AM

Feb 2012
I doubt they will anytime soon, I mean we won't be stuck in the war for much longer, but after the conflict and the Naruto v Sasuke fight they can for sure expend more on the romance, you know the thing they did in Naruto the Last movie, like the peace is here, now comes marriage and kids, so work more on Naruto x Hinata and Sakura x Sasuke, also show more of them getting older (the years between Naruto v Sasuke and Boruto movie). After that when kids come, again expend more then the Boruto movie did, etc, etc.

Pretty much just connect Naruto's story into Boruto and continue with the episodes adopting this new Boruto manga and all the one shots in between (Sarada story, Naruto becoming Hokage etc)
May 11, 2016 8:30 AM

Jul 2009
They should have ended it long time ago without all the fillers...
May 11, 2016 8:55 AM

Oct 2014
I hope not, I'd be kinda sad without my weekly episode and I actually don't mind the fillers at all 'cause, well, it's still Naruto, and imo most of them are very enjoyable. I think they won't end the show anytime soon, since they make a lot of money off it.
IesMay 11, 2016 8:58 AM
May 19, 2016 11:57 AM
Mar 2014
pierrot has adopted naruto manga became an anime serie very well. was broadcast as many as 461 eps in tv tokyo.do not you see? the frame of animation is very soft for this animation with the total of hundreds episodes like now.while fairy tail with the total of hundreds episodes is not as soft as naruto.we should thank to studio pierrot.do not you remember the epic episode?
shikamaru,kakashi,ino,kiba vs kakuzu and hidan.
itachi vs sasuke
team sasuke vs killer bee
naruto kyuubi vs pain
chiyo and sakura vs sasori
kakashi vs obito
general that epic scenes only for animation totaling around 20 or 13 episodes.and studio pierrot made hundreds episodes of naruto shippuden with a very soft quality
minato dan kushina vs kyuub (sad scene)
and before the death of itachi. the frame of animation its so soft.
.we should thank to the animators at studio pierrot, because they have made this animation frame is so very soft. even the A-1 pictures studio who mad fairy tail with hundreds eiposdes it is not soft as naruto. just see a simple simple movement like walking and hitting and you
You will know the difference between fairy tail and naruto.if you're an 2D traditional animator you will really understand the difference. you have to watch anime about how to making anime ''shirobako''.the core of all I mean is pierrot studio has adapted Naruto animation with quality as good as the animation of numbered a dozens episodes. although Naruto has hundreds eps now. imagine how many frames are created by the animators?
and this is not about a comparison between the story of fairy tail and naruto.it's about the quality of the animation movement. you have to watch anime about how to making anime ''shirobako''. if you're an 2D traditional animator you will really understand the difference.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 48 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Feb 28, 2008

76 by natsuyah »»
Apr 28, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 9 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Sep 8, 2009

27 by Iago97 »»
Apr 27, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.