Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 24, 2015 4:28 AM
Nov 2014
I rarely ever see a comedy anime that doesn't use violence for laughs for example Working!! It was good until a certain character get introduced and kept punching the mc all the time because it's funny. Is there any comedy that doesn't use violence?
And don't recommend me anime with all female main cast
Nov 24, 2015 4:36 AM

Jul 2009
Hataraku Maou-sama is pretty funny. There is violence in it but most of the comedy comes from the non-violent scenes.
Nov 24, 2015 5:03 AM

Aug 2015
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Nov 24, 2015 5:05 AM

May 2015
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
D-Frag (kinda)
Barakamon
Gintama
xoTalim said:
Hataraku Maou-sama is pretty funny. There is violence in it but most of the comedy comes from the non-violent scenes.
^
Nov 24, 2015 5:16 AM
Nov 2014
Suikomaru said:
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
D-Frag (kinda)
Barakamon
Gintama
xoTalim said:
^
watched all of them including gintama except d-frag how is the violence in it?
Nov 24, 2015 5:26 AM

May 2015
Accelerator48 said:
Suikomaru said:
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
D-Frag (kinda)
Barakamon
Gintama
^
watched all of them including gintama except d-frag how is the violence in it?
I think it isn't that much of violence in it, except maybe comes from a masochist. D-Frag's type of comedy uses tsukkomi, just like Gintama, but not on "that" level.
Nov 24, 2015 6:21 AM

May 2012
School Rumble has a few scenes of Harima beating up other guys in the early going, but mostly it's pretty free of violence as I recall.

Level E is mostly mind games between "The Prince" and his various foils.

Hataraki Man has mature humor about life for women in the Japanese workplace. The third installment of Otona Joshi no Anime Time, "Jinsei 10 Best," is quite funny and entirely non-violent. Kuragehime is another option.

In general most slice-of-life comedies, especially ones with older characters, are pretty free of the types of cliches you're talking about.
Nov 24, 2015 11:41 AM

Aug 2010
Midori Days
Nov 24, 2015 4:17 PM

Aug 2012
Yakitate!! Japan
Nov 25, 2015 5:48 AM
Oct 2011
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu - only talking about the spinoff series fumoffu and not the main series. imo you do not need to have watched the original to watch the fumoffu and you could even argue that it is funnier without watching original. Even though there is violence it's played in a way that might not turn you off. Rather than tsunderes hitting MC its the MC being so far away from common sense that his violence is just pure comedy. Since it's alrdy super hilarious from 1st episode, I say just give it the 20 minutes, if the violence is not for you then sorry I wasted 20 of your minutes =( gomen
Nov 25, 2015 6:04 AM
Nov 2014
opmcftw said:
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu - only talking about the spinoff series fumoffu and not the main series. imo you do not need to have watched the original to watch the fumoffu and you could even argue that it is funnier without watching original. Even though there is violence it's played in a way that might not turn you off. Rather than tsunderes hitting MC its the MC being so far away from common sense that his violence is just pure comedy. Since it's alrdy super hilarious from 1st episode, I say just give it the 20 minutes, if the violence is not for you then sorry I wasted 20 of your minutes =( gomen
i already watched all three fmp anime and loved them. Also chidori's violence against sousuke is reasonable she only hits him when he does something stupid not like you're typical tsundere that hits the mc just because she like him.
Nov 25, 2015 7:28 AM
Nov 2015
Lucky Star
Nov 25, 2015 8:22 AM

Jan 2015
i think the term your looking for is tsundere and i hate it too but its everywhere and hard to find some withot it but here are some comedy anim that have little to no tsundere: the everyday lives of highschool boys, baka to test (some tsun but not all the time), nyan koi and mangaka san to assistant san. here are some anime to avoid: hidan no aria, MM!, seto no hanayome (the little shell ruined the entire show), shomin sample, toradora, nisekoi and whatever you do. Never...ever...watch seitokai yakuindomo
AnIceGuyNov 26, 2015 12:59 PM
Nov 25, 2015 4:44 PM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
Yuru Yuri
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Nov 25, 2015 4:44 PM

Sep 2009
FreedChickens said:
Seitokai Yakuindomo

Dear god
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 25, 2015 4:58 PM

Aug 2013
Non Non Biyori... what? it has one guy :D

More topics from this board

» Movies

BitChilly - Yesterday

10 by TheSunLife »»
1 hour ago

» Looking for anime like Aria the Animation and Shiroi Suna no Aquatope

AdityaRizkiS - 8 hours ago

4 by Chisuku »»
2 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Apr 25

6 by mo_lave »»
5 hours ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone/genre/theme of sci-fi/futuristic/post apocalyptic/modern times + fantasy/medieval/magic/old times?

Donkunsan - Apr 18

34 by JoeChip »»
7 hours ago

» Looking for an Anime like the game "Rival Schools".

reigningslash - Apr 22

3 by JoeChip »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.