Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 12, 2015 3:14 AM

Jan 2015
Im looking for romance anime, I found this and was wondering if it is any good? Feel free to also recommend a romance anime. Check my list before recommending, thanks!
1. Does it have a happy ending?
2. Is there many romantic moments?
3. Who is the romance between?
4. Is there much drama?
Mar 12, 2015 3:19 AM

Feb 2013
1. Yes but it sucks
2. Sure I guess there's some
3. Watch the show and find out yourself
4. Not really

I wouldn't really recommend it as a romance
Mar 12, 2015 3:25 AM

Feb 2009
its a mediocre show that is actually fun to watch, but romance is not its strong suit.
Mar 12, 2015 3:53 AM

Dec 2013
Keep in mind I haven't seen Season 2 yet, but from the first season there very little if any romance. Maybe there was and i just didn't notice it, but Chaika is more of an adventure story and doesn't stray far from that. It's a fun show (at least i liked it) but its also nothing great either.

For good romances you have 3 fantastic romances on your PTW

Ef: A Tale of Memories (In my opinion the best pure romance show out there. The show follows two plots, so it's liek getting two shows for one. The characters are all interesting and memorable. The plots (especially Chihiro's in my opinion) are very well executed and the visuals and animation is just stunning. There is a season 2 called Ef: A Tale of Melodies, and while its not bad by any means, I just felt it couldn't live up to the first season. Still recommended though)

Nana (It's aaimed at women, as it's a Josei. But speaking as a guy, Nana is still a fantastic watch and among my top romances (bested by Key's stuff and Ef: A Tale of Memories) with awesome characters, compelling drama (almost too much sometimes), explores relationships in an adult way (i mean mature in nature lol) and with lots of suprisingly funny comedy. Only real negative i have for the show is the ending.....you'll just have to watch to find out.)

Nodame Cantabile (Another Josei, but unlike Nana this is a romcom. All the characters are dynamic and interesting....except maybe the MC but he has his moments. The female lead is incredibly fun and fairly unique. The comedy....hysterical. The drama....compelling. The romance......believeable and dynamic. Very good show and almost a must watch (but not quite) for romance fans.)

I hope i was helpful in some capacity at least.
Mar 12, 2015 12:08 PM

Jan 2015
Chaika isn't romance. It has the bare minimum shipping tease to get shippers to buy art books.
Mar 18, 2015 8:07 PM

Aug 2014
Zacharious said:
Keep in mind I haven't seen Season 2 yet, but from the first season there very little if any romance. Maybe there was and i just didn't notice it, but Chaika is more of an adventure story and doesn't stray far from that. It's a fun show (at least i liked it) but its also nothing great either.

For good romances you have 3 fantastic romances on your PTW

Ef: A Tale of Memories (In my opinion the best pure romance show out there. The show follows two plots, so it's liek getting two shows for one. The characters are all interesting and memorable. The plots (especially Chihiro's in my opinion) are very well executed and the visuals and animation is just stunning. There is a season 2 called Ef: A Tale of Melodies, and while its not bad by any means, I just felt it couldn't live up to the first season. Still recommended though)

Nana (It's aaimed at women, as it's a Josei. But speaking as a guy, Nana is still a fantastic watch and among my top romances (bested by Key's stuff and Ef: A Tale of Memories) with awesome characters, compelling drama (almost too much sometimes), explores relationships in an adult way (i mean mature in nature lol) and with lots of suprisingly funny comedy. Only real negative i have for the show is the ending.....you'll just have to watch to find out.)

Nodame Cantabile (Another Josei, but unlike Nana this is a romcom. All the characters are dynamic and interesting....except maybe the MC but he has his moments. The female lead is incredibly fun and fairly unique. The comedy....hysterical. The drama....compelling. The romance......believeable and dynamic. Very good show and almost a must watch (but not quite) for romance fans.)

I hope i was helpful in some capacity at least.

Nana is a Shoujo. Its manga is being serialized by a shoujo company and the anime is adapted from that manga.

Nana is Shoujo. Not Josei
Mar 20, 2015 11:25 PM

Aug 2014
I would NOT recommend this anime as a romance simply because there IS NO ROMANCE.

I saw season 1, season 2, and the OVA. And there is no romance in it. I dont even know why it has the romance tag here on MAL. Maybe its source material has romance, but the anime does not.

I guess..... the closest thing to a romance this anime has is when Akari goes into her comedy mode about the male MC. But thats only done for comedy purpose.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2014

304 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

137 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

121 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2014

176 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2014

154 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.