Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 3, 2015 4:48 PM

Jan 2013
Lets go, when's this happening.

I know the first volume of season 2 sold 6-7k, but given the obviously low budget and switch to deen, I'm assuming they made a pretty decent profit.

Whens the announcement?

season 3 or suicide desu ne

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts.
NTADSep 26, 2015 9:42 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 3, 2015 6:56 PM
Oct 2012
SolviteWoTaberu said:

Whoa, hold your horses, we don't want you to go splatty splat splat, just think of the inconvenience you will cause those poor blokes commuting to work, stalled because they have to peel you off the rails.

The announcement for season 2 did not happen until after the last episode, so I doubt you will hear anything before that, and we still have another cour's worth of episodes.

Also, this season will pretty much exhaust all the published works, so there is, right now, nothing to animate, so while there may be a season three (NHK really doesn't care about BD sales, it is funded from a subscription tax), in that they will need at least 2-4 novels to work from means it will be a couple of years before it happens.

So, my advice, kick back, smoke em if you got em, and just relax.
Jan 3, 2015 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
SolviteWoTaberu said:

Whoa, hold your horses, we don't want you to go splatty splat splat, just think of the inconvenience you will cause those poor blokes commuting to work, stalled because they have to peel you off the rails.

The announcement for season 2 did not happen until after the last episode, so I doubt you will hear anything before that, and we still have another cour's worth of episodes.

Also, this season will pretty much exhaust all the published works, so there is, right now, nothing to animate, so while there may be a season three (NHK really doesn't care about BD sales, it is funded from a subscription tax), in that they will need at least 2-4 novels to work from means it will be a couple of years before it happens.

So, my advice, kick back, smoke em if you got em, and just relax.

these novels dont take years to write.
Jan 3, 2015 7:06 PM
Oct 2012
SolviteWoTaberu said:

Even if we assume he can publish 2 a year (and he seems to take 9-11 months on average to write a novel), it would still take 2 years to have 4 novels.

That said, perhaps he will abandon writing novels and instead work on creating screenplays. If so then maybe in late 2016 you could have a 3rd season.
Jan 3, 2015 7:26 PM

Jan 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
SolviteWoTaberu said:

Even if we assume he can publish 2 a year (and he seems to take 9-11 months on average to write a novel), it would still take 2 years to have 4 novels.

That said, perhaps he will abandon writing novels and instead work on creating screenplays. If so then maybe in late 2016 you could have a 3rd season.

ah i didnt know his release speed. sorry if i sounded like a know it all.
Jan 3, 2015 7:31 PM

Apr 2014
I just came to say SAO is better. Come at me.
Jan 3, 2015 7:33 PM

Jan 2013
Protaku94 said:

Ok.
Jan 3, 2015 7:38 PM

Jul 2011
Protaku94 said:

Badass
Jan 3, 2015 7:41 PM

Apr 2014
SolviteWoTaberu said:
Protaku94 said:

Ok.
That was very anticlimactic. Didn't say shittaste or anything.
Jan 9, 2015 8:49 PM
Jun 2007
Season 1 covers Light Novel Volumes 1-5
Season 2 covers Light Novel Volumes 6-9

Log Horizon 9: Kanami, Go East! - As the title implies, covers the side story (now part of main story) of Kanami's adventures. This volume has not been released yet but the web work is complete. With a physical release soon. But the anime will cover it first (with the creators guidance).

Log Horizon 10 was revealed to be titled: "Homesteading the Noosphere" Info from the creators blog/website.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=5385425&postcount=3424

I also remember reading that the creator intends the series to end at volume 14.

Take all that info. however you like.
Jan 9, 2015 9:40 PM
Oct 2012
i have not read the novels so as far as i know it could conclude at the end of this season like so many others. if it has enough plot i think it will continue until the end of time.
Jan 10, 2015 4:12 AM

Mar 2012
Mamare took a bit of slow pace last year but he has gotten back on track and now just as he finished vol 9 he is starting on vol 10 and he said he has already had the story idea that goes up to 15 volumes.

So yeah the first season only sold around 4 k average but it did not matter as it is NHK but now that the second season has an even greater average sale is basically a huge Extra Profit bonus for the studio. A third season was practically garunteed the increase in sales just only further solidified it is all.

The next season will most likely conclude the story. Things are now starting to get together all the little mysteries starting to be revealed so yeah it will have a third season and a conclusive one.

A good thing too. I dont want this series to suffer the same thing to Tsubasa Chronicle another NHK adapted series. Interesting plot and world building but never got fully adapted as there were arguments between the studio and Clamp so the promised third season never got produced T.T
Jan 10, 2015 4:23 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Protaku94 said:
SolviteWoTaberu said:

Ok.
maybe it is better
Jan 10, 2015 8:17 AM

Apr 2014
Honestly I could see a 3rd season happening, though. The author could do a lot with this world he created.
Jan 10, 2015 12:13 PM
Sep 2012
Protaku94 said:
SolviteWoTaberu said:

Ok.

lol I had a good laugh.
Jan 10, 2015 5:14 PM

Mar 2013
Protaku94 said:
SolviteWoTaberu said:

Ok.

This is (not) how you troll.
Jan 25, 2015 9:59 PM

Jul 2013
I really hope this trainwreck wont get a third season. The first one was good, but i have no idea whats happening in the second. SAO is better at this point.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2015 8:33 AM

Jun 2012
Makeyzito said:
I really hope this trainwreck wont get a third season. The first one was good, but i have no idea whats happening in the second. SAO is better at this point.

Agree. Every episode it's getting harder and harder to watch. I just keep watching it for the sake of finishing it now that i have already seen the first season and half of this one. SAO II Mother's Rosario arc alone kicked the shit out of LH2.
Jan 27, 2015 9:16 AM

Mar 2008
route 43 doesn't have that much content to the world because it focuses on the scrubbies of log horizon. not sure what happens in volume 9 of the LN but i hope they don't make china server story canon, that can stay spin-off at the other side, i want more akihabara stories. don't get me wrong i like kanami, but not as a main character. i like the focus more on log horizon (guild).
Jan 27, 2015 10:00 AM

Jul 2011
misaseh098 said:
route 43 doesn't have that much content to the world because it focuses on the scrubbies of log horizon. not sure what happens in volume 9 of the LN but i hope they don't make china server story canon, that can stay spin-off at the other side, i want more akihabara stories. don't get me wrong i like kanami, but not as a main character. i like the focus more on log horizon (guild).

Volume 9 is already "Kanami GO EAST!". So you're a bit late with your wishing.
Jan 27, 2015 1:34 PM

Nov 2014
Maybe the next volume will be about something relevant and interesting.

Probably not, though. More likelihood of full volume of Nyanta's Cooking School Workshop of Cute Lolimoe Failed Shiroe-Love Attempts.
Quality Queen.
Jan 27, 2015 2:09 PM

Jul 2011
RAWRfizzz said:
Probably not, though. More likelihood of full volume of Nyanta's Cooking School Workshop of Cute Lolimoe Failed Shiroe-Love Attempts.

Into and chapter 1 of Vol 10 has already been posted by Mamare, so it's not that stuff. Continuation of where Vol 8 (current arc) ends off.
Jan 27, 2015 7:47 PM
Oct 2012
Vash1306 said:
Log Horizon 10 was revealed to be titled: "Homesteading the Noosphere" Info from the creators blog/website.

Missed that the first time around "noosphere". Damn, love Japan, who else would be pulling out the Pierre Teilhard de Chardin in this day and age.
Feb 7, 2015 4:48 AM

Apr 2011
Is there any enough material for s3?
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Feb 7, 2015 5:23 AM

Mar 2012
Ganbat said:
Is there any enough material for s3?

As of this moment no.... Vol 10 is being released right now on the web novel..... and it has been confirmed it will also be adapted for season 2..... so no the second season will end just as were the LN is right now....

The first and second season each adapted 5 LN volumes.... the author has confirmed the whole series would be 15 LN overall.

The thirs season i dont think would air this year but most likely next year as the rate the of the LN are being published.... but i guess we have to see later ...
Feb 7, 2015 5:43 AM

Apr 2011
So even half of them like special, or fillerish eps, but it's already on vol10? Hope author already have idea for next 5 volumes... think of that where did u read/saw news. Source link pls.
Feb 7, 2015 5:51 AM

Mar 2012
Ganbat said:
So even half of them like special, or fillerish eps, but it's already on vol10? Hope author already have idea for next 5 volumes... think of that where did u read/saw news. Source link pls.

It was written on Mamare's twitter page... also the chapters of vol 10 are currently being discussed at the Log Horizon Discussion page il give u the link...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=122300&page=176
Feb 15, 2015 2:25 AM

Jun 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:

The next season will most likely conclude the story. Things are now starting to get together all the little mysteries starting to be revealed so yeah it will have a third season and a conclusive one.

2 season total 48episode worth of prologue.............

I went to read up on roe2 and yes I believe the story is starting to come together but the 48 episode is really too much. I know the source material was this draggy, but man how I wish the anime would actually cut the current 2 season into 1 and have whatever that is supposed to make up a season 3 as season 2 instead.
Feb 15, 2015 6:08 AM

Nov 2012
Good to know this show is not beyond salvation.
Feb 15, 2015 9:57 AM

May 2012
I hope not. There is way better shows that deserve 2nd or 3rd season. This shit needs to die.

Also, blu-rays sales are horrible, so hopefully this shit won't get another season.

On other hand I can't want to see SAO 3

Protaku94 said:

+1
Feb 15, 2015 2:48 PM

Jan 2013
^Why are you even watching it still? Talk about being stupid.

I'm hoping on a S3 myself and would like some more character development after seeing episode 19.
Feb 15, 2015 7:20 PM

Nov 2014
radle said:
^Why are you even watching it still? Talk about being stupid.

I'm hoping on a S3 myself and would like some more character development after seeing episode 19.

Likely because S1 was good, and by the time it became evident that this season was irredeemable he had too much time invested in the season and started pretty much hate-watching it just to get the thing done with. I mean, I do.

Any potential season three can fuck right off though. I'm not voluntarily sitting through this again. Fool me once, and all that.
Quality Queen.
Feb 21, 2015 7:11 AM

Apr 2011
-ShadowClaw- said:
Ganbat said:

It was written on Mamare's twitter page... also the chapters of vol 10 are currently being discussed at the Log Horizon Discussion page il give u the link...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=122300&page=176

Thanks.
Feb 21, 2015 7:36 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Protaku94 said:

Hoooo i see you like to live dangerously. .__.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 21, 2015 7:39 AM
Dec 2014
Even if this anime gets a third season, I don't think I'll be watching it.

Lately this anime got both boring and a little confusing. It made me lose a lot of hype.
Feb 21, 2015 11:53 AM

Dec 2012
orario said:

Lately this anime got both boring and a little confusing. It made me lose a lot of hype.

Precisely what I feel.
Feb 21, 2015 11:58 AM

Jan 2012
orario said:

blame the new studio

Feb 23, 2015 4:09 PM

Sep 2014
eh. i probably would take the risk of watching a third season if there ever is one, and hopefully, if done right, it could compensate for the disappointing second season.
Feb 24, 2015 6:05 PM

Sep 2008
Protaku94 said:

Cross Ange has better story than the current one in LH.
And despite all the sh!t I give SAO in their episode discussions, it's usually fun and I watch every episode as it comes out. LH lately...not so much.

If there's lack of material I am actually glad there won't be 3rd season. This is turning into train wreck and the sooner it ends the better. If they get back to season 1 quality I'll gladly come back.
Mar 22, 2015 5:02 AM

Oct 2007
i have the feeling there's going to be a 3rd season to explain what happened or something along those lines

so will it be as boring and dragged out as season 2?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2015 7:05 PM

Feb 2014
Probably and hopefully not.
Mar 22, 2015 7:14 PM
Oct 2012
Peralisc said:
i have the feeling there's going to be a 3rd season to explain what happened or something along those lines

I am pretty sure we will get one in 2 cours, I expect next episode to have the announcement.

As for whether it will be better, probably. The primary fault of this season is that the writer allowed himself to get distracted by side stories. Shiroe alone, Akatsuki alone, the kids alone, and this has been an extreme problem. Log Horizon is about the guild and the entire guild moving forward, the reason things have picked up is because the entire guild is back together. So now that the story is again about the guild (outside of a detour to China), I expect it will return to being more entertaining.
Mar 24, 2015 12:43 PM

Feb 2010
Peralisc said:

I think you are right and wrong at the same time.
Whole 2 seasons are dragged out. I don't think the author is going to change his/her writing style.
On the other hand, I heard a novel used 10 books. The author said that he/she want to write 15*. I think it should speed up a little.

*source is not in english
Mar 24, 2015 3:16 PM

Mar 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Peralisc said:

I am pretty sure we will get one in 2 cours, I expect next episode to have the announcement.

As for whether it will be better, probably. The primary fault of this season is that the writer allowed himself to get distracted by side stories. Shiroe alone, Akatsuki alone, the kids alone, and this has been an extreme problem. Log Horizon is about the guild and the entire guild moving forward, the reason things have picked up is because the entire guild is back together. So now that the story is again about the guild (outside of a detour to China), I expect it will return to being more entertaining.

You are correct in some parts.

The MAjor Difference between this season and the Last season which i think was a major let down are becuase of these

-The first Season had made a balance of focusing the group scenarios arcs together in each episode such as shifithing between the kids, the confernce ine each episode...this one however focused on certain charcthers per arc....

-It was kind of dragged and than rushed....There was an inbalance between the pacing in this season....the first season adapted 5 volumes each 5 episodes per arc....this season however was different....vol 6 and 7 where dragged to do 7 each....Vol 9...was only adapted for 1 episodes so there were a lot of cuts and vol 8 was dragged to 6 episodes and there were a couple of fillers between ep 12 and 15......the last one right now...is 4 episodes and is also cutting a few scenes...out

-There is a high chance they might announce a s3 at the end of the last ep just like before......but they have to fix the flaws the second season had....1 wait for the Material to be published first as they have run out.....2 The writer should shift the focus on balancing the groups more evenly per arc rather than separately...and 3 than need to change the animation studio cause deen really messed this up....granted the first season had not mch of a budget but this one while better in some parts was mostly worse in others and the flaws where more apparent within it.
Mar 24, 2015 9:57 PM
Oct 2012
Nope, the anime has already passed the source material. It's time to lay off and let Mamare write more. I feel a third season is too much at this point.
Mar 25, 2015 2:17 AM

May 2014
-ShadowClaw- said:
Takuan_Soho said:

You are correct in some parts.

The MAjor Difference between this season and the Last season which i think was a major let down are becuase of these

-The first Season had made a balance of focusing the group scenarios arcs together in each episode such as shifithing between the kids, the confernce ine each episode...this one however focused on certain charcthers per arc....

-It was kind of dragged and than rushed....There was an inbalance between the pacing in this season....the first season adapted 5 volumes each 5 episodes per arc....this season however was different....vol 6 and 7 where dragged to do 7 each....Vol 9...was only adapted for 1 episodes so there were a lot of cuts and vol 8 was dragged to 6 episodes and there were a couple of fillers between ep 12 and 15......the last one right now...is 4 episodes and is also cutting a few scenes...out

-There is a high chance they might announce a s3 at the end of the last ep just like before......but they have to fix the flaws the second season had....1 wait for the Material to be published first as they have run out.....2 The writer should shift the focus on balancing the groups more evenly per arc rather than separately...and 3 than need to change the animation studio cause deen really messed this up....granted the first season had not mch of a budget but this one while better in some parts was mostly worse in others and the flaws where more apparent within it.

This. This. THIS.
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Apr 1, 2015 1:52 AM

Aug 2014
Obviously the story continues, but is there any chance NOT to have a 3rd season? Many animes have stopped because of bad sales and I have never seen Log Horizon as a big hit. Any thoughts?

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Apr 1, 2015 6:15 AM

Nov 2014
I guess its still hard to tell, since it just finished less than a week ago. Only time will tell, but looking forward to it.
Apr 1, 2015 11:53 AM

Apr 2010
From what I can tell most likely the remaining novel material isn't enough for another 24 episode season maybe not even for 12 episodes..
MysteryFan89Apr 1, 2015 12:14 PM
Apr 2, 2015 7:36 AM

Jan 2012
MysteryFan89 said:
From what I can tell most likely the remaining novel material isn't enough for another 24 episode season maybe not even for 12 episodes..

If I recall correctly there wasn't enough material for a season 2 while the first one aired, the author just released a lot of novels while the first season was airing.
So that's not an excuse for not making a season 3, depends on how well it sells.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

225 by SOLDRAKE »»
Feb 5, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

161 by Anachrome »»
Sep 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.