Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 7, 2009 11:58 AM

Aug 2008
I was wondering, in what language are the episode titles, beginning of opening and prologue of each episode. I had read somewhere that it was perhaps hungarian. Yukiko which is also from Drasuvania spoke the language (A fictional country).
Nov 7, 2009 2:49 PM

Sep 2007
The titles, the intros are surely Hungarian...probably a part of the op too, but what Yukiko spoke in ep 5 surely isn't.
Nov 7, 2009 7:54 PM

Jul 2009
SunyiNyufi said:
The titles, the intros are surely Hungarian...probably a part of the op too, but what Yukiko spoke in ep 5 surely isn't.

That's why it's called "Drasuvanian" duh <_< "Dra"? Dracula? Damn, now that made me wanna go to Castlevania to suck some blood =d

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Nov 8, 2009 5:03 AM

Sep 2007
I know, I just wanted to make it clear, that she absolutely didn't spoke Hungarian.

Btw, Dracula (aka Vlad III) probably could speak Hungarian lol :P
Nov 8, 2009 4:06 PM

Jul 2009
But is he generous enough to let me suck some of his blood? And most inportantly, is he hot? Now that's an important issue LOL

I don't mind much about the language barrier since I can fluently speak Castlevanian LOL

Nov 10, 2009 9:23 PM

Sep 2007
BitchMaster said:
But is he generous enough to let me suck some of his blood? And most inportantly, is he hot? Now that's an important issue LOL

Well depends on taste I would say...

Nov 10, 2009 10:55 PM

Jul 2009
Oh My Finger! Look at those lips, I dare Brad Pitt to stand up to this man's lips. And that nose that looked just like Igor's and can pierce through heaven, not to mention he was so fashionable by putting a chocolate bar on his mouth and able to keep it still...

I found him quite wonderful, how about u?

Nov 11, 2009 7:37 AM

Sep 2007
Sorry, he is not my type :P
Nov 11, 2009 4:07 PM

Jul 2009
GAh SunyiNyufi, you lied to me, I saw Vlad in ep 6 of 11 eyes and guess what? He was from Drasuvania and got the eye of Aeon that can shoot ~moe~moe~kyun 3 times in a row, instead of the one that you show me. Can't be helped~ guess I will show the real Vladimir Putin...

And yeah, he doesn't have that chocolate bar on his upper lip, see?

Nov 11, 2009 4:30 PM

Sep 2007
BitchMaster said:
guess I will show the real Vladimir Putin...

( °3°)~♪
Nov 11, 2009 5:23 PM

Jul 2009
Oh, you mean this?

AND.......

A bonus from my part because your new ava looks cute ;d

Nov 12, 2009 5:46 AM

Sep 2007
LOL :D
Nov 19, 2009 6:25 PM

Jul 2009
*New 11 eyes info*

Vlad= pedo

Nov 19, 2009 8:15 PM

Jul 2008
My first theory was that she was speaking Romanian. I mean, if the guy with the eye is supposed to be Vlad, then Drasuvania would correspond with Romania, as Vlad lived in Transylvania. (Present day Romania.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanian_language

It sounds kinda similar. But when I popped the words into a translator, the translation made no sense. (Not even individual words.) So back to square one.

I can however confirm that she was not speaking any Slavic language. This excludes:

Russian
Polish
Czech
Slovak
Ukrainian
Slovenian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Serbian
Bosnian
Belarusian
Macedonian

It could very well be a made-up language.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Nov 20, 2009 12:32 AM

Oct 2007
It would explain why the title in Hungarian is always grammatically incorrect. Tis not Hungarian but whatever made up language Yukiko speaks.

Check out SunnyCon! The North-East of England's newest and biggest convention of anime, manga and Japanese culture!
Now a club on MAL too!

Nov 20, 2009 7:27 AM

Jul 2008
No, pretty sure it's Hungarian, they just butchered it.

If you listen to Yuki-pon's words they sound nothing like the episode titles. That is, if the fansubbers romanized everything correctly, the two languages "look nothing alike" when you compare the way they're written.

Does that make sense to everyone? It's so hard to explain...basically, when you have a language, there are certain combinations of vowels and consonants that repeat to form a pattern, and the "pattern" I'm getting from what Yuki-pon said is totally different from the pattern in the episode titles. >.> Well, at least to me.

Nov 27, 2009 10:02 AM
Jan 2009
Okayyy, for the people who didn't find out yet...
I'll translate it. (I was so surprised when I heard the hungarian sentences ^^)
"Suddenly the night is turning into a red light.
The world existing in-between reality and irreality is (located) beyond time and space.
The boy and the girl, finding themselves in this world, are being attacked by black wearing knights. (or sth.)
Just how did they come here/what had brought them to this troublesome, terrible/baneful place?
Will they ever wake up from this nightmare?"
Well, I don't know if my school English is correct. But I think everyone should understand the meaning of the hungarian words now -^_^-
Dec 3, 2009 10:55 AM

Jul 2008
kuku09 said:
The world existing in-between reality and irreality is (located) beyond time and space.
The boy and the girl, finding themselves in this world, are being attacked by black wearing knights. (or sth.)
Just how did they come here/what had brought them to this troublesome, terrible/baneful place?
Well, I don't know if my school English is correct. But I think everyone should understand the meaning of the hungarian words now -^_^-

We're not talking about the opening, (it's been established that this is Hungariana looong time ago, as well as translated) we're talking about the language Yukiko speaks. Which is very obviously not Hungarian.

May 16, 2010 3:08 AM
Mar 2010
kuku09 said:

Thanks, i wqas wondering.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Dec 22, 2009

316 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 3:42 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Dec 8, 2009

197 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 3:10 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 24, 2009

148 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 2:30 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Nov 17, 2009

182 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 2:17 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 10, 2009

110 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 12:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.