Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 23, 2023 7:25 AM
Jul 2023
Riza it's not your fault i Hate how they portray soldiers who were powerless to change anything beyond they're control. These young soldiers like Roy and Riza didn't entire this war by choice and they were decived under the disguise of doing justice. RIZA is being self righteous by trying to look like the hero of ultimate sacrifice it's just drawing attention to herself. Riza and roy are good people who were forced into a situation they don't like. The only people who should feel guilty for the murders of ishbal are those monsters who schemed the whole thing.
Jul 23, 2023 7:27 AM
Jul 2023
Riza it's not your fault i Hate how they portray soldiers who were powerless to change anything beyond they're control. These young soldiers like Roy and Riza didn't entire this war by choice and they were decived under the disguise of doing justice. RIZA is being self righteous by trying to look like the hero of ultimate sacrifice it's just drawing attention to herself. Riza and roy are good people who were forced into a situation they don't like. The only people who should feel guilty for the murders of ishbal are those monsters who schemed the whole thing.
Jul 23, 2023 7:28 AM
Jul 2023
Ninah said:
I was annoyed at Ed's reaction to Riza's hint that they would eventually be held accountable for their actions. He seemed so shocked and rather immature - "they're the good guys, they shouldn't be punished!" They are good people but they slaughtered civilians. Genocide. War crimes. Ed's reactions are sometimes over the top and childish because he thinks in black and white. It's true that the Homunculi triggered it, but did they pull every trigger themselves?

I like how Riza kept repeating they had to remember those they've killed. And I love Roy's end game because it's pretty poignant and I hope it actually happens. Rise to the top to take it down. He wants to give the people enough power to punish him.

Marcoh's blown off head A+ ending

Jul 23, 2023 7:34 AM
Jul 2023
Ninah said:
I was annoyed at Ed's reaction to Riza's hint that they would eventually be held accountable for their actions. He seemed so shocked and rather immature - "they're the good guys, they shouldn't be punished!" They are good people but they slaughtered civilians. Genocide. War crimes. Ed's reactions are sometimes over the top and childish because he thinks in black and white. It's true that the Homunculi triggered it, but did they pull every trigger themselves?

I like how Riza kept repeating they had to remember those they've killed. And I love Roy's end game because it's pretty poignant and I hope it actually happens. Rise to the top to take it down. He wants to give the people enough power to punish him.

Marcoh's blown off head A+ ending

Ed's reaction IS RIGHT!Riza shouldn't beat herself up for something she Had No control over, these soldiers where decived too, yes its good she wants to make better decisions But it's wrong for her to beat herself up for what she could not control. Riza us a good person and so is Roy it's sad they where forced into a situation they didn't want. It's not Riza's faul and she doesn't deserve to feel like that. It's those monsters who consired to do the whole thing.
Jul 23, 2023 7:36 AM
Jul 2023
adamantine said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't know... I liked this episode in general but I don't think they adapted it too well. They cut out several scenes and such. I'm not surprised since they tried to cram an entire volume into one episode.

In particular I was annoyed by (mild ranting under the spoiler tag)

Aug 15, 2023 2:55 AM

Oct 2020
I don't know if there's any connection between the two, but Kimblee and Ling look really similar 
I was beginning to think Kimblee could have had ties to Xing because of how much he looks like the other Xingese character but then I realized Roy also has a lot of those physical characteristics and he's definitely Amestrian so it's probably nothing 
Nov 26, 2023 10:43 PM
Nov 2023
Nice banget parah. Asli keren
Dec 21, 2023 3:06 PM
Nov 2023
Ntah kenapa ini jelek banget sampe pengin muntah
Feb 13, 8:37 AM
Jan 2024
Perfect backstory. I loved it.
Feb 18, 4:59 PM

Mar 2022
From what I understand the episode is only adapting a bit of the Ishvalian war and is drastically different from the manga which I argue is not a bad thing that they are condensing the whole thing. It’s ultimately not taking anything away cuz you can still read the manga for stuff involving Armstrong, Riza, Roy,etc,etc. For what it’s worth, they did a good job of adapting what hey could in a short span of time.

It definitely gave me the idea that it was a harsh and cruel environment during that time. Got to see Hughes again even if it’s just for a flashback. Though I must say Kimblee is one creepy motherfucker ain’t he? Sadly up till now, I hadn’t seen much of him which makes sense because he has been in prison as far as I know. The bit with Al talking about Ed was funny at the end. Can’t say I hated the episode but at the same time I got what I needed out of it, a decent episode but not anything spectacular overall I’d say.
Apr 1, 7:33 AM

Jan 2021
I wonder if Ed looks more mature? Physically... there's something different, but I can't say for sure. But something is different.

So Mustang was Riza's father's student. And now Riza is Mustang's subordinate. Does Mustang know that there is a tattoo on Riza's back?

Also Kimblee... he's still alive, and he's in jail now... why is he in jail?

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Guys, did you hear? It was 9.39, and now it is 9.38.

Eagleact - 58 minutes ago

7 by Bobbie1233 »»
3 minutes ago

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

133 by Angel_crush1 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.