Forum Settings
Forums

Good ongoing anime to fill up my HUGE void - No romance

New
Sep 26, 2014 8:25 PM

Jan 2010
With the conclusion of several great anime like Hunter x Hunter, Zankyou no Terror, Tokyo Ghoul, Haikyuu! and soon Barakamon, there suddenly is a HUGE void in my anime watching schedule.

Please suggest me any good ongoing anime that are not romance oriented. Heck, I cannot stand romance even if it is a significant 2nd or 3rd element. The suggestions need not be extremely high quality stuff of 8.5+ scores. Something decent, that is thought provoking or exciting.

Btw I already watch Akame ga Kill. I think it is a bad anime and only do it for guilty pleasure and to see how an anime so hollow and devoid of substance can be lauded by proper packaging of cuteness, boobs and shock factor. I hope you now have an idea of what anime I despise.

If you think I am asking for too specific of genres, please respond saying "sorry, give up hope".
Sep 26, 2014 8:52 PM

Jul 2014
Tokyo Ghoul sucks.

Anyways, One Piece. It will be going for another few years.
Sep 26, 2014 9:12 PM

Jan 2010
Been following One Piece already as well as Ace of Diamond. Too bad they both are a Saturday night or Sunday morning affair for me.

I will check out Aldonoah Zero and Knights of Sidonia. Never was a big fan of mecha, but the synopsis sounds too god damn promising.

I would really prefer an ongoing one though. I tend to binge watch any good series already finished and come back to void state again. If it is an ongoing anime, I only schedule that for my night and do productive work rest of teh time.
Sep 26, 2014 10:59 PM

Jun 2014
jonnyhan said:
Been following One Piece already as well as Ace of Diamond. Too bad they both are a Saturday night or Sunday morning affair for me.

I will check out Aldonoah Zero and Knights of Sidonia. Never was a big fan of mecha, but the synopsis sounds too god damn promising.

I would really prefer an ongoing one though. I tend to binge watch any good series already finished and come back to void state again. If it is an ongoing anime, I only schedule that for my night and do productive work rest of teh time.

consider Aldnoah Zero.....for now....wait for the second season first that comes out in JANUARY. in fact. dont watch it now. dont do it. wait for the second season. trust me
Sep 27, 2014 2:46 AM

Jul 2014
Checked your list, no naruto, why? Is it because of the romance in it?
dontworrybehappySep 27, 2014 3:22 AM

More topics from this board

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

10 by JoeChip »»
18 seconds ago

» Movies

BitChilly - 11 hours ago

9 by JoeChip »»
8 minutes ago

» Looking for anime like Aria the Animation and Shiroi Suna no Aquatope

AdityaRizkiS - 1 hour ago

2 by JoeChip »»
13 minutes ago

» I find it absolutely absurd I can’t find a manga with gay marriage legalized

isseixkoneko - Apr 25

1 by Ten »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

10 by ST63LTH »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.