Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 27, 2014 12:54 AM

Oct 2013
Narutos symbol isn't just a seal. In the original it's called Rikudō no Yang no Chikara.
Jul 27, 2014 8:52 AM

Apr 2014
tsudecimo said:
embracebuddha said:

off the top of my head from recent events. Asspulls- Naruto and sasuke get another power up Madara -like 5 power ups and now half of him is kaguya? black zetsu is so6p brother all of a sudden? plot holes - kamui which is stated earlier to not be able to connect to any other dimension now suddenly can? Guy who was shown using multiple jutsus earlier in the series now suddenly cant? really the whole kaguya thing really gets me. it just seems so random like he just needed a way to keep the story going longer. madara was a good enough villian for me.

The sage of six path existence was established since the introduction of the Rinnegan. Further more, Naruto power up is him having Rikodu powers, and having the yang seal which btw why he was able to save Gai from death:-

^ That happened more than 100 chapters ago, for all of those saying that Naruto healing power is hax or asspull. He is able to fly, because he has Rikkoudo powers, just like sage of six paths himself, and when Madara and Obito became the Jinchuriki.

5 powers up eh? I don't know what you mean by that. He got his godly powers from being the Jinchuriki of the ten tails, I'm not sure how is this an asspull, when it was the point of him and Obito fighting the Shinboi alliance. Black Zetsu, is what made him turn into Kagyua, or rather released his mother, because it said that she became part of the ten tails and it's creation after she was sealed.

When and where was it stated that BZ was s06p brother? he is the manifestation of Kagyua's will, as literally stated by himself. From what I remember it wasn't said that Kamui can't connect to other dimensions, because it was not a possibility in the first place, since Kagyua's dimensions were not known to them. A manga page of what you said would be appreciated.

What jutsus? Gai is able to use Taijustsu and the eight gates, Hirudora (which is classified as Taijutsu and Kinjutsu) and Ninja weapons (nunchucks). He was established to be weak when it comes to using Ninjustu and Genjutsu, and never used a high level ninjutsu before, although he is able to dispel a high-level genjutsu, and is able to summon that turtle, but that's about it. So yeah I'm not sure what jutsus Gai was able to do earlier but now later he couldn't. His main fight style was always Taijustu and the Eight gates, same as his student Lee, but unlike Lee, he could a bit more.

While I don't like the BZ plot twist. Kagyua and her backstory was established several chapters before it actually happened.

He doesn't need to keep the story longer, nobody is forcing the mangaka to end the series, since he is a very famous and successful mangaka, he can continue creating the manga as long as it's profitable. The decision for ending the manga came from himself, so he is free to shape the story into whatever conflict he think is better. And there was some subtle hints for continuing the story beyond Madara, I mean the whole Madara being the final antagonist is something the stupid fanbase decided on, much like the misconception about the author saying Naruto is going to end in 2014, in December last year, when he didn't say anything like that, and there is still no confirmed date for the manga ending. Hopefully it's at least in mid 2015.

And if that's the glaring problems you had with past 100 or so chapters from the top of your head, then maybe you are just not remembering the events clearly, seeing as some of what said is wrong and never happened (BZ being so6p brother, Gai thing). Nothing you said so far is an asspull or a plot hole.

Thanks man! You've cleared up my mind on some of these things! xD
Jul 27, 2014 8:18 PM

Dec 2012
Zeus97 said:

Thanks man! You've cleared up my mind on some of these things! xD

No problem, there is a lot of details that are easy to miss in the war arc. Some people would be surprised by the early foreshadowing of some the major plot points in the war arc.
Jul 27, 2014 8:37 PM

Feb 2014
"Naruto's healing is not an asspull because he has Rikudo's powers"

Sigh... This is the same person who was trying too hard to make something an asspull out of thin air
That's quite the suspension of disbelief to say the least.

Being estabished at a certain point does not make a character foreshadowed.
If so, then Rikudo himself was an asspull 100 chapters ago, if not now.
Otherwise, Naruto's healing ability was out of thin air, possessing Rikudo's powers is more of an asspull itself than an explanation for which, just to save a person whose death was long established.
Killing Neji for shock value was easy, but Gai's inevitable death gets a no-go? Why? Makes no sense.
Jul 27, 2014 8:42 PM

Sep 2011
TonyTonyStark said:

Killing Neji for shock value was easy, but Gai's inevitable death gets a no-go? Why? Makes no sense.
What the hell was the point of killing neiji off for anyhow? like final arcs should have casualties in action series especially with a series as many characters as this, but hes like the only major supporting character that has died in this war. It just feels sloppy how he shows up to die yet it adds on to nothing nor was he part of a larger group of impacting deaths, by making him the ONLY death of a major supporting character to lose his life.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 27, 2014 8:49 PM
Jul 2018
JizzyHitler said:
TonyTonyStark said:

What the hell was the point of killing neiji off for anyhow? like final arcs should have casualties in action series especially with a series as many characters as this, but hes like the only major supporting character that has died in this war. It just feels sloppy how he shows up to die yet it adds on to nothing nor was he part of a larger group of impacting deaths, by making him the ONLY death of a major supporting character to lose his life.
It's especially shit when considering Gai's death specifically would have been one of the most badass deaths possible.
Jul 27, 2014 8:49 PM

Dec 2012
And people wonder why I am condescending towards the readerbase and think it's dumb. Good lord, it was not even subtle.

> 'lel neji's death was for shock value because I wasn't paying attention XD'

tsudecimo said:
While I think the execution of Neji's death was bad, and underwhelming for two reasons. One, he didn't have any significant screen time, and was neglected after the time skip, for no valid reason. Two, the actual way he died, was really meh (getting stabbed by those things)

But one thing for certain. His death was most definitely not even remotely for shock value. And had several layers of depth, and meaning to it. And had it's purposes. If it was for shock value, why not Chouji? why not Lee? Why not Kiba? why not the other side characters? Why only kill him, and not kill some other support characters too?

The answer to those questions, are because, it was supposed to mean something for Naruto specifically, and Hinata. Before that death, Naruto stated, while Obito was trying to break Kakashi's spirit ''I will never let my comrades die''. He has been going with those past words that were taught to Kakashi by Obito. This is why, Neji died in front of Naruto. It served a purpose to drive Obito's speech home, so Obito can shake down Naruto's resolve, to kick him while he was down sort of speak. Death of nameless ninjas, won't work to crush Naruto spirit, and dwell him in despair, any human no matter who he is, won't be as broken down, by the death of other people, compared to the death of someone he actually knows. It had to be someone who he had a personal connection with, an actual comrade. And it had to be Neji, because of Naruto and Hinata. No other person was suited to break Naruto from the despair, that was going to overcome him, and make him believe that his words are not empty, that Neji's sacrifice had meaning and wasn't in vain, other than Hinata, because Neji also means something to her, Neji's death should affect her too, and while Naruto was momentarily broken down in shock and panic, and was about to be consumed of fear, and despair, she remained calm for the sake of him, you can argue that Hinata, understands Naruto the most, since she watched him, from so long ago, and continued doing so. This is all references, and expansion of previous details, of the relationship between Naruto, Neji and Hinata, back in the Chunnin exam, and how their relationship with each other developed so much.

The layers of complexity and depth, I earlier mentioned were.

Neji's finally understanding what his father meant, what true freedom is like, his purpose, resolve, and ideals. Choosing your own destiny. A final conclusion to truly get what his father meant.

Neji's words to Naruto, and their reference to their meeting back then, and how Naruto significantly changed him, why he decided to save him and Hinata. Naruto ''Because you called me a loser'', Neji ''Because you called me a genius'''.

The relationship between Naruto, Hinata, and Neji and how it's completely different in so many ways, from the Chunnin exam.

Gave a chance to put emphasis on Obito's annoyance, and irritation of Naruto. Because he sees his former self in him. He is bitter, and wants Naruto to have a similar experience to his. Wanting validations, that it's not his fault, that he became this way, that anyone would become like him, at due time, because of the world they live in. To validate his ideology and to feel he is right in what he is doing, and that his plan is the only right course of action.

Obito's speech, and why Naruto was shaken down by Neji's death. Obito brutally attacking Naruto's biggest insecurities and fears, that we all know of, since the beginning of the series. Loneliness, if his comrades die, one after another like Neji, what will be left for him, and his hopes and ideals, what will those possibly do, if that truly happens. Acknowledgement. The speech, really got to Naruto and made him speechless, until Hinata snapped him out of it.

His death fulfilled what it's supposed to do, and had it purposes, all of what I wrote above, happened because of that particular death, and wouldn't have worked with other characters. The execution of the death itself was the only thing that was lacking, his death alone would have been more impactful if he had more screen time, and relevance, and wasn't basically neglected after the time skip. It was not random, or for mere shock value. Heck, I don't think that '' everyone can die in a war'' was one of the main reasons for it to happen.
Jul 27, 2014 8:51 PM

Dec 2012
jpem said:
It's especially shit when considering Gai's death specifically would have been one of the most badass deaths possible.

That would literally serve no purpose whatsoever.
Jul 27, 2014 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
tsudecimo said:
jpem said:

Besides giving an awesome character a fitting ending and sticking to established lore. Had Madara not been written to have such absurd regeneration abilities the blow he landed could have actually been something important, potentially slowing Madara down enough so Naruto and Sasuke could fight him.
Jul 27, 2014 9:01 PM

Feb 2014
JizzyHitler said:
TonyTonyStark said:

You know it's kinda funny, usually killing a main character is a way to demonstrate the author's unwillingness to mess around, yet here it just made it less credible.

The problem is that even aside from the sloppily handled death, the effect it left was resolved within the same moment.
His final monents felt like a rehash of what transpired from calling Naruto a loser to him fighting Kidomaru and being inspired by what Naruto said.

Did Kishi try to make death seem relevant again?
Did he shoe-horn Neji in order to induce a challenge/taunt initiated by Obito for Naruto to defeat and impress Obito?
Did he just do it because he wanted some more Naruhina shipping?

I honestly don't know and right now none of these seems the best option.
Jul 27, 2014 9:17 PM

Dec 2012
jpem said:
tsudecimo said:

Besides giving an awesome character a fitting ending and sticking to established lore. Had Madara not been written to have such absurd regeneration abilities the blow he landed could have actually been something important, potentially slowing Madara down enough so Naruto and Sasuke could fight him.

That's irrelevant, giving an awesome end to a character, does not serve any purpose. The point of the flashback with Gai, was to show his resolve, that he was willing to use something that will definitely kill him, for the sake of others, it builded up his character nicely. Making him die after that, will not accomplish anything, it will only make team Gai short of 2 members, and him being saved served to show the Rikkudo's powers of the Yang Chakra Naruto got. Look at all the prior deaths in the manga, they all had purposes (Chiyo's, Hurizen's, Asuma's, Jiraiya's, Nagato's, Itachi's, etc), and having an ''awesome'' death was not one of them nor the focus or the intent.

Umm, isn't that what literally happened? Gai used it in the first place to buy some time, and it worked...
Jul 27, 2014 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
tsudecimo said:
jpem said:

That's irrelevant, giving an awesome end to a character, does not serve any purpose. The point of the flashback with Gai, was to show his resolve, that he was willing to use something that will definitely kill him, for the sake of others, it builded up his character nicely. Making him die after that, will not accomplish anything, it will only make team Gai short of 2 members, and him being saved served to show the Rikkudo's powers of the Yang Chakra Naruto got. Look at all the prior deaths in the manga, they all had purposes (Chiyo's, Hurizen's, Asuma's, Jiraiya's, Nagato's, Itachi's, etc), and having an ''awesome'' death was not one of them nor the focus or the intent.

Umm, isn't that what literally happened? Gai used it in the first place to buy some time, and it worked...
And how is Gai and the 8 gates being demoted to a plot device to show how awesome Naruto is any better than giving a character a worthy ending? There's pretty much nothing he can contribute to the series now.

I meant actually weakening him.

Not that any of this matters anymore.
removed-userJul 27, 2014 9:58 PM
Jul 27, 2014 10:01 PM

Dec 2012
I'm not sure how the 8 gates weren't a plot device in the first place, it's a powerup, and it should be used to move the plot or any particular fight,. Gai played an important role in regards to Madara, that doesn't make him a mere plot device, and I fail to see why you would think this way, considering he is been an active part of the offense in the Shinobi alliance side, and have been helpful ever since the war started. It was his plan from the beginning to buy time, and he accomplished that, without him, nobody would have been able to slow down Madara, and technically speaking, Madara could have killed Naruto and Sasuke, right there, meaning ''game over''.

How awesome Naruto is? Hmmm, I sense a bit of facetious. There wasn't even any emphasis on Naruto being a hero with that, Lee just commented in surprise that he saved Gai.

It's not like I don't understand your point of view on wanting to see his ''awesome'' death because it had good build up for such a direction. I just personally don't think it would have added anything, and nothing was lost from him not dying.

I'm excited to see it in the anime tho, it's going to be hype!
tsudecimoJul 27, 2014 10:04 PM
Jul 27, 2014 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
tsudecimo said:
I'm excited to see it in the anime tho, it's going to be hype!
At least we can agree on that.
Jul 28, 2014 3:45 AM

Feb 2014
jpem said:
tsudecimo said:

And how is Gai and the 8 gates being demoted to a plot device to show how awesome Naruto is any better than giving a character a worthy ending? There's pretty much nothing he can contribute to the series now.

I meant actually weakening him.

Not that any of this matters anymore.

It's not about being a device, but how it was handled.

8th gate was supposed to be this thing that was held back on due to its price.
But the worst came in cheating death by a deus ex machina.
Jul 29, 2014 6:20 AM
Jul 29, 2014 9:46 AM

Jun 2012
Behemoth11 said:
Cover Tankōbon 70!

http://s7.directupload.net/images/140729/bhemvaxb.jpg

You know if nothing else the art in this series looks amazing when colored
Jul 30, 2014 2:39 AM

May 2012
Meh.
6.5/10 for this chapter.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 30, 2014 1:50 PM

Jan 2014
That cover. My fears are being confirmed. Dammit, Kishi.

Otherwise good chapter. I liked how Kakashi and Obito reunited for the last time thanks to their past friendship and their mutual love for Rin. Obito's sacrifice was also a nice parallel to how he saved Kakashi in the past: now I seriously hope he dies for realz this time, cause the build up's been perfect.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jul 30, 2014 2:25 PM

Dec 2012
Sapewloth said:

Hmmmm?
Jul 30, 2014 2:38 PM
Dec 2013
tsudecimo said:
Sapewloth said:

Hmmmm?
He ships NaruSasu :/
Aug 3, 2014 3:51 PM

Jun 2013
ill take back the plot holes and asspulls thing because im just really disappointed the direction this arc took. the obito fight is where it started getting bad for me. i heard from a couple friends that around that time kishi had sold the rights to the anime so he was being asked to extend the story for sales. i never researched it to confirm it but it does make some sense. plus its pretty much a sure thing that sasuke and naruto arent going to fight unless its for fun.
Aug 3, 2014 7:45 PM

Dec 2012
embracebuddha said:
i heard from a couple friends that around that time kishi had sold the rights to the anime so he was being asked to extend the story for sales. i never researched it to confirm it but it does make some sense. plus its pretty much a sure thing that sasuke and naruto arent going to fight unless its for fun.

Lol what? Kishimoto doesn't have the rights to the anime in the first place, the publishers do. I can assure you that he has enough money to last him and his grand sons a life time. Again remember him saying he will end came from him, nobody forced him to make that known to the readers.

There are some conflicts that can make Naruto vs Sasuke happen (don't know why so many people care about this that much). It's completely fine if you think the direction the manga took is terrible, or if you think the manga as a whole is terrible, but please keep your baseless speculations to yourself.
Aug 19, 2014 1:54 PM

Jun 2013
ahh i meant he sold the rights to the manga my fault
Nov 8, 2014 5:18 PM

Oct 2013
How many Kakashi death scares have we had over the course of the Naruto manga?

How many Obito death scares have we had over the course of the last 50 chapters?

Well, I have no idea what to think at this point. I really didn't want Obito to die. I love Kakashi, always been one of my favorite characters, but I think it'd make for a more powerful plot for Kakashi to be killed and Obito to survive. Kakashi is the kind of character I can see being killed as the series wraps up, too, kinda like Jiraiya. Y'know, the mentor having outlived his usefulness so he takes the L at the very end after dodging death countless times. Especially considering how important Kakashi always was to the plot.

I'd also like an explanation on Rin's sudden appearance like that. I was shocked at her appearance, but I don't understand how it happened.

Another interesting thing: Obito said in a previous chapter that he was certain he'd not see Rin in the afterlife (I interpreted this as him meaning she's in heaven but he's going to hell), yet in this chapter, Obito said he wants some time for him and Rin to talk alone as he Kamui'd away that weird ass dart about to impale Kakashi.
ZadionNov 8, 2014 5:25 PM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 10, 2018 5:36 AM

Feb 2013
Obito saved Kakashi again.
Apr 25, 2021 9:48 PM

Jan 2020
Man :(

Obito is such a wonderful character

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.