Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2014 7:43 PM

Mar 2013
(Quote was here but for some reason it repeated it mutiple times so i just deleted it xD)

The short episodes before they released the show give a minor explanation, but i think the show and the shorts failed to give an adequate explanation. As i am not a 100% positive on wethier my understanding of the concepts within the story are correct i will post the terms from the Novel's Glossary. It's in spoilers as it is a wall of text but not actual spoiler material xD

Now as for the Running, well there is no good explanation honestly. Its anime that's the only explanation you will get. In real life no one runs fast enough that their enemy can't atleast attempt to track their movement and the story did not utilize magic as an explanation. I mean it might be possible by explaining exactly what a "Magician" is, but i am not sure if that is a good enough answer as "Magicians" do differ depending on their origin within the story, and i am not sure if it has been explained yet as i might have missed that part in the show.
zalfuseApr 20, 2014 7:47 PM
Apr 20, 2014 7:45 PM
Mar 2013
SolviteSekai said:
If this episode painted him as a harem lead theres no sure way to know the anime wont be made that way.

They turned Kirito into a harem lead. They will do what they do.

And I really don't see how the explanation for what he did was more than an asspull. The way he did it was only explained using random terms that dont really mean anything.

All of what I said after the first paragraph were my impressions on the episode sooo ...yea.

I guess I'm just interpreting the replies to my specific points as hostile more than anything when they were by no means trying to stir you into thinking of the anime in a different light

For the explanation, again its most likely because of reading 12 volumes of the thing that I can almost understand all the seemingly random asspulls they mentioned. And RexZShadow went over it briefly so I'll leave it at that.
Apr 20, 2014 7:45 PM
Oct 2013
Psion is like mana basically and you use it to cast magic in this univerise. Being a mage you have the ability to detect psion but that also leave you open to basiclly get exposed to too much psion. What the MC did was shoot 3 psion wave of varying frequence so they all resonate on top of the enemy creating an extremely strong psion wave due the way the 3 psion wave colloids. Because mages can dectect pison the huge surge of psion cause him to get wasted or overdosed on psion and knock him out.

As for how he moves fast he says he is trained by the ninja guy (shown in ep 1 or 2 ) but it basically means his physical ability is top shape because I think Miyuki in ep 1/2 said there is no ninja they found out ninja were basically people using magic.
Apr 20, 2014 7:49 PM

Jan 2013
Like i said, he runs super fast because hes overpowered gary stu protagonist.

Why do you even bother saying he isnt?

Also, Psion is a made up term for the anime. As I said before, random reasons they came up with to support him being overpowered.
Apr 20, 2014 7:50 PM
Jan 2010
If making a fantasy world is an asspull, then the term is meaningless. That term is so dumb. So Lord of the rings is an asspull huh. (Despite being a classic)
Apr 20, 2014 7:51 PM

Jan 2013
zukirin said:
SolviteSekai said:
If this episode painted him as a harem lead theres no sure way to know the anime wont be made that way.

And I really don't see how the explanation for what he did was more than an asspull. The way he did it was only explained using random terms that dont really mean anything.

All of what I said after the first paragraph were my impressions on the episode sooo ...yea.

I guess I'm just interpreting the replies to my specific points as hostile more than anything when they were by no means trying to stir you into thinking of the anime in a different light

For the explanation, again its most likely because of reading 12 volumes of the thing that I can almost understand all the seemingly random asspulls they mentioned. And RexZShadow went over it briefly so I'll leave it at that.

So basically because you read all 12 novels the ass pulls are ass pulls but they arent ass pulls because they arent asspulls?

Why don't we just all agree the MC is a super awesome badass and the show has cute girls with big tits?

That's the real reason this show is popular.

I'm also a really big fan of how this school apparently has no teachers or rules.

People just go around fighting and treating each other like shit, and the only thing there to stop them is the Disciplinary committee using violence to put them down.

Like the school is a fight club.

Everyone in the entire school is an elitist willing to murder other students for looking at them wrong, and its up to tatsuya and his teleporting ninja dragon ball z powers to make sure they dont all kill each other.

SolviteWoTaberuApr 20, 2014 7:58 PM
Apr 20, 2014 7:57 PM
Mar 2013
So now, you're the one starting to perform personal attacks when earlier you were stating that people were hating on your opinion blah blah blah.

I clearly was against it too, but I guess nah, it was wrong to post my impressions on this episode because yea its my opinion.

Also WHERE did I mention that they aren't asspulls? I said seemingly random implying that to those who do not know the mechanics, they'd be asspulls, otherwise, understandable.

The reason I liked this was because I liked how they portray magic as a science in this. There were HARDLY any pictures in the LN, and the ones I've seen didn't put that much emphasis on tits and cute...

I DO agree he is super awesome badass.

EDIT:

Because yea, three fights means EVERYONE is fighting huh?
They didn't explain it, but one of the reasons for the Course 1 and 2 is that they lack teachers so the course 1's get teachers while 2 do not. Which limits their amounts greatly. This isn't a world filled with magicians. They are still a minority against normal humans.
Apr 20, 2014 7:58 PM

Jan 2013
zukirin said:
So now, you're the one starting to perform personal attacks when earlier you were stating that people were hating on your opinion blah blah blah.

I clearly was against it too, but I guess nah, it was wrong to post my impressions on this episode because yea its my opinion.

Also WHERE did I mention that they aren't asspulls? I said seemingly random implying that to those who do not know the mechanics, they'd be asspulls, otherwise, understandable.

The reason I liked this was because I liked how they portray magic as a science in this. There were HARDLY any pictures in the LN, and the ones I've seen didn't put that much emphasis on tits and cute...

WHERE DID I PERSONALLY ATTACK YOU?
Apr 20, 2014 7:59 PM
Apr 2014
zukirin said:

who would disagree he is not an awesome badass
Apr 20, 2014 8:00 PM

Jan 2013
Well, there you have it.

The MC is a bad ass who wins all the fights and gets all the girls.

10/10 life changing anime.
Apr 20, 2014 8:06 PM
Mar 2013
Okay I apologize, I got heated for a second there because of your asspulls comment... What I meant to say was your attacks on my opinions.

I never intended for you to reply to ANY of my comments. Sure I mentioned you in my initial, but I only meant to say that all the hates on your opinion were uncalled for because everyone is entitled to their own.

Anyways I don't intend to go further than that.

-----
But yea so far the adaptation is pretty good. Definitely looking forward to the following happenings and and especially the arc after.

zukirinApr 20, 2014 8:13 PM
Apr 20, 2014 8:07 PM

Jan 2013
zukirin said:
Okay I apologize, I got heated for a second there because of your asspulls comment... What I meant to say was your attacks on my opinions.

I never intended for you to reply to ANY of my comments. Sure I mentioned you in my initial, but I only meant to say that all the hates on your opinion were uncalled for because everyone is entitled to their own.

Anyways I don't intend to go further than that.

The one time you were respectful to me, I acknowledged it.

I harbor no ill will towards anyone here. I merely want this show to be great and am massively pissed that it has been so mediocre.
Apr 20, 2014 8:12 PM
Oct 2013
SolviteSekai said:

Also, Psion is a made up term for the anime. As I said before, random reasons they came up with to support him being overpowered.

Run fast is running fast, lot of people in lot of anime moves fast isn't exactly that amazing.

Also Psion is how magic work in this universe, idk how thats asspulled. Its like saying everything in every single fantasy and sci-fi is asspulled coz none of it exist in real life.

Like I said Psion is like mana its what fuels magic idk how thats random reason to support he is OP.
Apr 20, 2014 8:13 PM

Jan 2013
RexZShadow said:
SolviteSekai said:

Run fast is running fast, lot of people in lot of anime moves fast isn't exactly that amazing.

Also Psion is how magic work in this universe, idk how thats asspulled. Its like saying everything in every single fantasy and sci-fi is asspulled coz none of it exist in real life.

Like I said Psion is like mana its what fuels magic idk how thats random reason to support he is OP.

Dude, he runs so fast that time stops around him.
Apr 20, 2014 8:15 PM
Mar 2013
You seem to be mistaking me for Zalfuse because there was no acknowledgement of any respect (explicit anyways) towards me in any way lol (nor am I requesting one). Anyways I'm sorry I guess? that it doesn't live up to your expectations (and truth be told it only just barely reaches mine). Not going to say it will in the future because to each their own.
Apr 20, 2014 8:15 PM
Oct 2013
SolviteSekai said:
RexZShadow said:
SolviteSekai said:

Dude, he runs so fast that time stops around him.

You do realise thats just an artistic depiction of what happens right? time didn't stop or anything. So many anime do the same thing where they slow down everyone else to show how fast some one is going.
Apr 20, 2014 8:25 PM

Jul 2010
I'm definitely not here for the boobs. In fact, I'd be happier without them. I'm here because Tetsuya is mysterious and interesting, the action is good, and the magic system is appealing. And some of the side characters have caught my attention.
Apr 20, 2014 9:59 PM

Jan 2013
Intriguing episode towards the end
Apr 20, 2014 10:12 PM

Apr 2014
Not even five episodes in and the MC has already proved his badassery.
Apr 20, 2014 10:24 PM

Aug 2009
The incestuous theme, Im not a fan!!!!! >.<
This episode was pretty decent. The ending totally saved it. He was kicking ass and taking names! Can't wait to see what will happen next week, seeing that it ended so abruptly.

Apr 20, 2014 10:47 PM

May 2012
02:32 dat kirakira chibi

05:27 annoying OP

Jitsu ni omoshiroi.
7/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 20, 2014 10:47 PM
Mar 2014
Tatsuya so cool-minded.

And the Kendo club's captain looks sketchy
Apr 20, 2014 11:59 PM
Feb 2014
SolviteSekai said:

Hi, jus tought i'd say a couple of things. Firstly, I'm not some random hater n i'm not gonna disrespect your opinion... just thought i'd make that clear first. Also,I apologise before hand thatthis msg will b a little longwinded, not least cos i'm not particularly good at explainin things

Abt the harem part, i dont have much to say.

What caught my attention was ur impression that Tatsuya was asspulling... I don't really understand how u got that impression. According to Urban dictionary, an ass pull means:

This can also be used to describe when, in a TV show or movie, a character comes up with a never-before-seen power just in the nick of time, therefore winning the fight. An ass pull either has a completely unbelievable explanation or the writer conveniently forgets to add one in.

The example used in urban dictionary was Ichigo frm Bleach haha -_-... something alon the lines of, ohmygod, all my comrades are down, oh wait, why dont I use this superawesomeultimate weapon I've only just thought about/ forgot abt and wipe out the entire enemy's forces

But, er... Tatsuya didnt do anythin like that... firstly, we dont even know much abt tatsuya... the fight vs the VP was the first time we see Tatsuya in real action, so basically, whatever powers he has, is gonna be never-seen-before anyway... anyways, even if for us viewers, the power is new, it does not seem to be some new move tatsuya made up on the spot, much less forgot abt... so, by definition, not ass pulling...

Also, there were explanations for how he did what he did, which followed the rules of the fictional world of the series, which havent really been fully explained anyway....

Yeah, he seems over powered, for now, but that's also no reason to claim he's ass pulling either...

If i were to use an example of what i feel tatsuya's fight resembled, it would kinda b like when kakashi first fought against naruto, sasuke n sakura in the bell test. *** not sre if this is considered spoiler, anyways, just in case NARUTO SPOILER

We had no idea what powers kakshi had, and when he revealed them,they were extremely badass. But all his powers were easily explainedby the ninja system of the naruto world, and it wasntconsidered asspull, bcos those were kakashi's moves that we wereonly then being introduced to.

And... er... later u asked someone to explain what a psion wave is n said they were random made up terms?... it sounded like (correctme if i'm wrong) u believed tatsuya's moves were ass pulling bcos the show made up a fictinal system that alowed the character to be so over powered??

I'm sorry, but i think u r mistaken in that regard... any fantasy world has their own system and workings... frm what i understand, when ppl use the term ass pulling in regardsto the workings or the explanations behind these fictional worlds, i think they usually mean that the creators were randomly changing the rules or making up impossible events in the system they created as plot devices to move the story along... i dont think they meant that just creating a fantasy world and the rules and workings of such a world already constituted as ass pulling -_-...

Besides, as far as i am concerned, and most ppl as far as i can tell, what Tatsuya did was pretty much believable within the world that's been introduced in the series so far... i mean, sure it's a little crazy for him to move that fast and be so precise in his calculations etc, tho, these things need some Suspension of disbelief (which is essential in all fantasy works anyway...) and we STILL dont know Tatsuya's full background either...

I mean, if Tatsuya did somethig crazy like 'realise' atthe last moment that, actually, his Magic Power, Speed etc which he got low scores in the practical exam, suddenly became ultra amazingly fantastic bcos he realised it was his mindset and bcos of his love for his sister he removed this mental block and now he became a super saiyan with unlitmited power with super brains, that could rival every course 1 student in existence, then yeah, I'd say thatwas ass pulling... bt so far, no, nothing like that has happened...

I'm not sure how clear my explanation is... i dont consider myself a great debater, in fact, quite he opposite. But, i hope i addressed the point i wastryig to make and convinced u that, so far, and especially in that one fight,Tatsuya has not done any asspulling yet. :P
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Apr 21, 2014 12:28 AM
Aug 2011
Eww these characters are extremely vapid, especially imouto-chan.

It goes from magic jargon to quality dialogue too:
-Did you see?!
-I caught a glance.
-BAKA!

Sorry Mahouka you do not warrant my priceless attention and time for another 23 episodes.
Apr 21, 2014 1:37 AM

Jul 2013
parfaited said:
Eww these characters are extremely vapid, especially imouto-chan.

It goes from magic jargon to quality dialogue too:
-Did you see?!
-I caught a glance.
-BAKA!

Sorry Mahouka you do not warrant my priceless attention and time for another 23 episodes.

Goodbye, see you again in episode 4 discussion thread :3

All these people complaining while saying they'd drop the anime only to comment on the next episode discussion thread again and again.

Apr 21, 2014 2:34 AM

May 2013
Shiba siblings never fails to surprise me. Ahahaha.

But yeah, awesome episode. No commento.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 21, 2014 2:39 AM

Jan 2012
The anime adaptation is pretty close to the VN so far. Pacing seems pretty good too.
Live, Laugh, Love.

Apr 21, 2014 2:49 AM

Feb 2014
Duri1n said:
SolviteSekai said:

Hi, jus tought i'd say a couple of things. Firstly, I'm not some random hater n i'm not gonna disrespect your opinion... just thought i'd make that clear first. Also,I apologise before hand thatthis msg will b a little longwinded, not least cos i'm not particularly good at explainin things

Abt the harem part, i dont have much to say.

What caught my attention was ur impression that Tatsuya was asspulling... I don't really understand how u got that impression. According to Urban dictionary, an ass pull means:

This can also be used to describe when, in a TV show or movie, a character comes up with a never-before-seen power just in the nick of time, therefore winning the fight. An ass pull either has a completely unbelievable explanation or the writer conveniently forgets to add one in.

The example used in urban dictionary was Ichigo frm Bleach haha -_-... something alon the lines of, ohmygod, all my comrades are down, oh wait, why dont I use this superawesomeultimate weapon I've only just thought about/ forgot abt and wipe out the entire enemy's forces

But, er... Tatsuya didnt do anythin like that... firstly, we dont even know much abt tatsuya... the fight vs the VP was the first time we see Tatsuya in real action, so basically, whatever powers he has, is gonna be never-seen-before anyway... anyways, even if for us viewers, the power is new, it does not seem to be some new move tatsuya made up on the spot, much less forgot abt... so, by definition, not ass pulling...

Also, there were explanations for how he did what he did, which followed the rules of the fictional world of the series, which havent really been fully explained anyway....

Yeah, he seems over powered, for now, but that's also no reason to claim he's ass pulling either...

If i were to use an example of what i feel tatsuya's fight resembled, it would kinda b like when kakashi first fought against naruto, sasuke n sakura in the bell test. *** not sre if this is considered spoiler, anyways, just in case NARUTO SPOILER

We had no idea what powers kakshi had, and when he revealed them,they were extremely badass. But all his powers were easily explainedby the ninja system of the naruto world, and it wasntconsidered asspull, bcos those were kakashi's moves that we wereonly then being introduced to.

And... er... later u asked someone to explain what a psion wave is n said they were random made up terms?... it sounded like (correctme if i'm wrong) u believed tatsuya's moves were ass pulling bcos the show made up a fictinal system that alowed the character to be so over powered??

I'm sorry, but i think u r mistaken in that regard... any fantasy world has their own system and workings... frm what i understand, when ppl use the term ass pulling in regardsto the workings or the explanations behind these fictional worlds, i think they usually mean that the creators were randomly changing the rules or making up impossible events in the system they created as plot devices to move the story along... i dont think they meant that just creating a fantasy world and the rules and workings of such a world already constituted as ass pulling -_-...

Besides, as far as i am concerned, and most ppl as far as i can tell, what Tatsuya did was pretty much believable within the world that's been introduced in the series so far... i mean, sure it's a little crazy for him to move that fast and be so precise in his calculations etc, tho, these things need some Suspension of disbelief (which is essential in all fantasy works anyway...) and we STILL dont know Tatsuya's full background either...

I mean, if Tatsuya did somethig crazy like 'realise' atthe last moment that, actually, his Magic Power, Speed etc which he got low scores in the practical exam, suddenly became ultra amazingly fantastic bcos he realised it was his mindset and bcos of his love for his sister he removed this mental block and now he became a super saiyan with unlitmited power with super brains, that could rival every course 1 student in existence, then yeah, I'd say thatwas ass pulling... bt so far, no, nothing like that has happened...

I'm not sure how clear my explanation is... i dont consider myself a great debater, in fact, quite he opposite. But, i hope i addressed the point i wastryig to make and convinced u that, so far, and especially in that one fight,Tatsuya has not done any asspulling yet. :P

I'm abloslutely agree with you :)

Fist, just to be clear, there are no asspull explanation or whatever that SolviteSekai have said before...

I don't know the term either LOL

But, I kinda understand why most of you see this explanation kinda asspull. Basically, the explanation is still not perfect for me. I don't blame the director for this mistakes, cause I know it's gonna be really hard to explain EVERY SINGLE THING IN MAHOUKA -> It's really hell.

Well, of course for LN & Manga reader, all of you would easily understand the explanation.

The terms, magic explanation, and many things in Mahouka universe actually quite logic and scientific.

For Example, Psions this is just like mana/chakra, every magicians posses the ability to release some Psions, and feel / detected it, since magicians is very sensitive of Psions...

So what Tatsuya had done is just using simple logic,
if magicians is very sensitive to Psions, then he doesn't have to release/using magic to beat Hattori. Just shot some Psions in different frequencies, to make Hattori confused...it's the same as flashbang, use it to make your enemy confused....

but since magicians is very sensitive the effect is rather efficient enough to makes a magician faint.

Sorry if my explanation is kinda difficult to understands.
Apr 21, 2014 3:33 AM

Sep 2008
Tatsuya is beating more people down effortlessly. I guess that's cool. But what about the other characters? All Miyuki has ever done in this show is obsess over her brother. So bad.

There's a lot of jargon being thrown around. Hopefully it makes some sense soon.

At least the pacing isn't horrid.
Apr 21, 2014 3:41 AM

Sep 2008
If this show didn't have such a huge following based on LN it'd be far lower in ratings.

Oh well, it's not horrible and I do like MC so I'll definitely keep watching but I still consider it heavily overrated based on what was shown so far.
Apr 21, 2014 4:16 AM

Apr 2014
Lets see now tatsuya is a part time ninja, a soldier, a genius magic engineer, beast in martial arts, can regenerate if injured, a walking nuke, can analyze activation and magic sequences, has a sister who's ready to suck him off any time and the best part is he's 17 and in high school.

lol not even kirito was this OP..
Apr 21, 2014 4:21 AM

Jul 2013
nina4life said:
If this show didn't have such a huge following based on LN it'd be far lower in ratings.

Oh well, it's not horrible and I do like MC so I'll definitely keep watching but I still consider it heavily overrated based on what was shown so far.

Well, not like the big 3 or most of the top anime all were praised for their first few episodes, only 3 eps were out so far for this series so be patient. No LN readers were hyping Mahouka for its first arc, at least wait until ep 6 where the first arc ends. And let's keep the final judgment until after this first season ends yeah? :)

Apr 21, 2014 4:43 AM

Feb 2014
nina4life said:

I think the rating is ok. The final rating for Mahouka will be between 8-9 I guess. The first arc is a little weak compared to the others, but from then on it just gets better and better.

5layer said:
There's a lot of jargon being thrown around. Hopefully it makes some sense soon.

Yes, a negative aspect of the show is the lack of some info on the magic system which confuses some of the anime only watchers. In the light-novels the magic system was well explained and took some careful reading to understand. In the anime they do not really explain some of the terms and just throw them in the dialogue between characters which can be quite confusing.

If you have not done so already, I recommend you watch the three Yoku Wakaru Mahouka web episodes, perhaps then the magic system will be easier to understand as it takes care of some of the early info dumps which the show hasn't really gone into much depth about. The second web episode in particular explains some of the functions of the magic system. It explains terms like CAD, Psion, Eidos, etc. It is very important that anime only watchers view these episodes as it will give you a better understanding of the magic system. Also if you require more information there is a thread in the Mahouka forums by a user named SinarBlood called Magic in Mahouka and it provides excellent explanations of the magic in the world of Mahouka.
AzlanApr 21, 2014 5:08 AM
Apr 21, 2014 6:52 AM

Jul 2011
garbage like this got a 8.02 points in MAL? LOL i always wonder why do nerds really really really like a show with bad writing.... can somebody please explain to me???
And the characters... oh my god don't let me even starts with how annoying the MCs are.

Can't wait to see this to be a TOP SELLING anime this season so i could prove that nerds has shit taste, enjoy your garbage while normal non-weaboo people like me watch Ping Pong, Sidonia, Haikyuu, and Kindaichi, (or even mekaku city actor and selector if those two shows improving)
Apr 21, 2014 7:15 AM

Oct 2009
What the hell did Miyuki do to Tatsuya? O_O Did she just nearly kill him? o.o

Dam the fights in this are good! OST still great couple with that animation!
Apr 21, 2014 7:29 AM
Jan 2010
If you have not done so already, I recommend you watch the three Yoku Wakaru Mahouka web episodes

That just proves that the anime series is incapable of enlightening watchers about the world of Mahouka. I doubt that this series is as condensed as Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon to warrant such complementary material.
Apr 21, 2014 7:35 AM
Aug 2012
millo said:
garbage like this got a 8.02 points in MAL? LOL i always wonder why do nerds really really really like a show with bad writing.... can somebody please explain to me???
And the characters... oh my god don't let me even starts with how annoying the MCs are.

Can't wait to see this to be a TOP SELLING anime this season so i could prove that nerds has shit taste, enjoy your garbage while normal non-weaboo people like me watch Ping Pong, Sidonia, Haikyuu, and Kindaichi, (or even mekaku city actor and selector if those two shows improving)

What are you still doing here? Showing off your masochistic and pathetic side waving that ball gag around? You don't have to start because you aren't watching this and probably whining is your only capability.

I fanboy over this and enjoy all the anime you mentioned so i was wondering what does that make me.............a"Nerd" or a "Weeboo" or a "Normal fan"? Care to answer me smart ass?

Apr 21, 2014 7:38 AM
Jan 2010
I fanboy over this

Bad mistake. You got yourself baited too.
Apr 21, 2014 7:42 AM
Aug 2012
Orix said:
I fanboy over this

Bad mistake. You got yourself baited too.

We will be labeled as fanboys whenever we try to defend the show a bit, so why bother?

It will probably be a typical response as the guy has been saying the same bs in all discussion threads.

Apr 21, 2014 8:18 AM

Jul 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
millo said:

What are you still doing here? Showing off your masochistic and pathetic side waving that ball gag around? You don't have to start because you aren't watching this and probably whining is your only capability.

I fanboy over this and enjoy all the anime you mentioned so i was wondering what does that make me.............a"Nerd" or a "Weeboo" or a "Normal fan"? Care to answer me smart ass?

Well, the MC is someone who were underestimated and seen as a loser (like the majority of you guys! DUH!), but somehow he's actually super strong and easily able to beat every single one of those bully! And somehow all the girls wants to get raped by him including his own sister. now you tell me how in the hell that doesn't sounds like an otaku bait?

And by fanboying over this type of anime, shows that you has no respect towards people like Hayao Miyazaki, Urasawa Naoki, Satoshi Kon, Masaaki Yuasa (well i bet you never heard of them except... maybe.. miyazaki?), they are the talented people who born to this world with the only purpose none other than bringing the reputation of the anime industry to the top.... by liking mahouka, you are contributing to the end of anime industry, you know why normal people looking at anime with disgust? it's because of ugly nerds like you!!! now stop liking mahouka, for you... and i....and our better future!!!

and it's completely unfair of you to attack me!! since we all know you will win at the end, you know what you got to do? you should pity over me because your favorite garbage, sorry, i mean your favorite anime will be the best selling anime this season and get 10000000 season while my favorites wont even charts!!!!! SO APOLOGIZE TO ME RIGHT NOW!
Apr 21, 2014 8:25 AM

Dec 2013
millo said:

Same could be said about that garbage Shingeki no Kyojin
Apr 21, 2014 8:29 AM

Jul 2011
Anon1409 said:
millo said:

Same could be said about that garbage Shingeki no Kyojin

lol.

it was actually one of those show that is actually cleverly-written and deserve all the praise that it got, like Evangelion, Madoka, and even One Piece!!!!

but well its good that we both agree that mahouka is garbage <3 you 4ever mwahmwah
Apr 21, 2014 8:52 AM
Oct 2013
Omg people have different taste from you shocking isn't it Millo maybe you should live in the real world more than pretending your the master at judging anime. Popular anime are popular for a reason, they find an audience. Fck look at god damn twilight, I think its dumb as shit but doesn't mean there aren't a massive amount of people that like it or else they won't have made that many movies for it. And seriously your on an anime forum calling people nerds like really?

As for the whole explaination on the fight, fck the anime explaination was better than both the manga and LN. This might have simplely been translation but they explain why Tatsuya's test score was so slow pretty well.

The school test for 3 things during the technical exam casting speed, interference strength (ability to cancel/push out other people's magic), and scale of magic sequence. However Tatsuya sucks in these 3 area, but he very smart so he was able to manually adjust the frequence of the waves. Normally you cast a spell you have to input variable such as the location of the target and blah blah blah. Normally to do what Tatsuya did you need to cast 3 different spell (3 different frequence of waves) but he casted 1 spell 3 times by setting the frequence as an extra variable. He say multi variable calculation isn't part of the test.

The Anime explains that coz the LN/Manga just so its all excutation and its like what excutation XD
Apr 21, 2014 9:00 AM
Aug 2012
millo said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
millo said:

Well, the MC is someone who were underestimated and seen as a loser (like the majority of you guys! DUH!), but somehow he's actually super strong and easily able to beat every single one of those bully! And somehow all the girls wants to get raped by him including his own sister. now you tell me how in the hell that doesn't sounds like an otaku bait?

And by fanboying over this type of anime, shows that you has no respect towards people like Hayao Miyazaki, Urasawa Naoki, Satoshi Kon, Masaaki Yuasa (well i bet you never heard of them except... maybe.. miyazaki?), they are the talented people who born to this world with the only purpose none other than bringing the reputation of the anime industry to the top.... by liking mahouka, you are contributing to the end of anime industry, you know why normal people looking at anime with disgust? it's because of ugly nerds like you!!! now stop liking mahouka, for you... and i....and our better future!!!

and it's completely unfair of you to attack me!! since we all know you will win at the end, you know what you got to do? you should pity over me because your favorite garbage, sorry, i mean your favorite anime will be the best selling anime this season and get 10000000 season while my favorites wont even charts!!!!! SO APOLOGIZE TO ME RIGHT NOW!

Oh look guys such an elitist, such a noble person who looks down on people, assumes someone don't even know the people he admires (bet you just took those names out of guides and wikis just to show off and doesn't know much about them yourself), calls people ugly nerds while having having a picture like that..........oh great, typical elitist response as usual. It's because of people like me that genuinely enjoys anime, the anime society isn't full of "garbage" like you. Apologize to the whole anime community first.

Only seen three episodes and acts like a know-it-all........don't you have something better to do?

@Rex: What's the point of explaining something to a guy who said the same thing on all three episodes.
Dragon_Slayer_XApr 21, 2014 9:04 AM

Apr 21, 2014 9:04 AM
Oct 2013
O that explaination wasn't to him, just to people that was confused by the explaination of the fight coz you really need to read the LN and watch the anime for it to really make sense. Hell I didn't really get it till the anime coz it filled in the gaps XD
Apr 21, 2014 9:05 AM

Apr 2013
RexZShadow said:
O that explaination wasn't to him, just to people that was confused by the explaination of the fight coz you really need to read the LN and watch the anime for it to really make sense. Hell I didn't really get it till the anime coz it filled in the gaps XD
Why should I have to read the LN to understand? That's just poor adaptation.
an egomaniac and a fool

Apr 21, 2014 9:11 AM
Oct 2013
Emnay said:
RexZShadow said:

I never said you need to, the whole reason I'm explaining the fight was because it was poorly explained -.- Well the LN explaination wasn't great either lol only made snese after you combine the two, not sure if its poor explaination or translation.
RexZShadowApr 21, 2014 9:15 AM
Apr 21, 2014 9:15 AM

Feb 2014
Emnay said:
RexZShadow said:

You don't have to. Madhouse released the three Yoku Wakaru Mahouka episodes to take care of the early info-dumping. These episodes explain the fundamental functions of the magic system and some important terms.

I think it's better that they chose this method of approach as people will find the show less interesting if it was mainly info-dumping in the early episodes.
Apr 21, 2014 9:16 AM

Jul 2011
RexZShadow said:
look at god damn twilight, I think its dumb as shit but doesn't mean there aren't a massive amount of people that like it or else they won't have made that many movies for it. And seriously your on an anime forum calling people nerds like really?

so................ by comparing Mahouka with Twilight... you agree that Mahouka is a shit show with massive followers right?? ummm... this is awkward but despite our fights we actually agree on something.... so.... ummm... let's hug.. ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ :3

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Oh look guys such an elitist, such a noble person who looks down on people, assumes someone don't even know the people he admires (bet you just took those names out of guides and wikis just to show off and doesn't know much about them yourself), calls people ugly nerds while having having a picture like that..........oh great, typical elitist response as usual. It's because of people like me that genuinely enjoys anime, the anime society isn't full of "garbage" like you. Apologize to the whole anime community first.

Only seen three episodes and acts like a know-it-all........don't you have something better to do?

@Rex: What's the point of explaining something to a guy who said the same thing on all three episodes.

Ummmm i didn't consider myself as an elitist, but if that's how you implicitly saying that my taste is superior than yours... then.... mmmm... thankyou i guess???

And i do realize that anime is an entertainment business, so not everything should be made for intelligent people in the society, yeah i agree i was so judgmental, sometimes i forgot that dumb people need entertainment too, so... from the deepest part of my soul, i want to apologize to all of those dumb anime-fan who enjoy Mahouka. love and peace for us all.

and ps : MY PROFILE PICTURE IS CUTE!
milloApr 21, 2014 9:23 AM
Apr 21, 2014 9:28 AM
Aug 2012
RexZShadow said:

Well the manga does a better job at explanation but Madhouse is doing the actions scenes pretty well.

millo said:

And i do realize that anime is an entertainment business, so not everything should be made for intelligent people in the society, yeah i agree i was so judgmental, sometimes i forgot that dumb people need entertainment too, so... from the deepest part of my soul, i want to apologize to all of those dumb anime-fan who enjoy Mahouka. love and peace for us all.

and ps : MY PROFILE PICTURE IS CUTE!

Heh you and your typical insults........i don't think people are so blind that they don't see what you are doing. Yes your PP is cute, describes you pretty well too......now go find a better job that wouldn't be this obvious.

Pages (15) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.