Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Is this gonna be a hyped 2014 Anime?
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2014 5:25 PM

May 2008
geralt said:
skyzblue said:
Fate Stay Night
Mushishi S2 this year.

Nope, I doubt it will receive much hype like SAO/SnK.

As much as I love Mushishi, I don't think it's that popular.
Fate Stay/Night is definitely gonna be big, but again I don't think it can be put on the same level as SAO 2 in terms of popularity. Hell, even the second season of Durarara will probably generate more hype than Fate Stay/Night.

Besides, outside of Japan, Fate Stay/Night is really not that popular. Anything Type Moon for that matter, is more like a cult following than anything else. How many Fate Stay/Night cosplayers do you see in US/Euro conventions? Hardly any. How many SAO/AoT cosplayers do you see? Too many. Fate Stay/Night doesn't stand a chance against SAO II or Durarara!! S2 and it never will, not matter how good it is. (Although Fate/Zero ramped up the popularity, I don't recall it being a huge deal as it was airing. That's just how under the radar Type Moon shows are around here.)

As for the present moment, Mahouka and Mekaku City Actors have the highest chance of hype. I expect things to change once the summer season shows come on air. (Jojo, although well known, is also a sort of cult followed show. It's not going to get ridiculously hyped like these two.)
Apr 5, 2014 6:00 PM

Apr 2012
The OP singer is LiSA again. It is gonna be SAO again.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 5, 2014 6:19 PM
Apr 2014
I don't mind Mahouka getting hyped, I think it'd be great. If it gets more exposure, I'm happy, -as long as the quality of the source material doesn't drop because of it.-

To be honest I don't love SAO. I really liked the first cour, but I just bleh after that. I was told that the LNs were amazing, but I got bored reading them and quit after GGO.

AoT was actually what got me into anime, manga, and LNs, so it'll always have a special place in my heart. It's not the best thing ever made, but damn I love both the anime and the manga, I'm a huge fan, so I'm okay with that hype too.
Apr 5, 2014 6:24 PM

Jan 2013
As long as the MC doesn't cheat on Asuna this show could be pretty popular.
Apr 5, 2014 6:31 PM

Mar 2012
This show makes SAO look like LotGH.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 5, 2014 6:32 PM

Apr 2010
Kafka-san said:

So this show makes SAO look even worse?
Apr 5, 2014 6:32 PM
Jul 2018
To be blunt, the fun starts after enrollment chapter... Enrollment chapter is just a prologue
Apr 5, 2014 6:35 PM

Mar 2012
antonn said:
Kafka-san said:
So this show makes SAO look even worse?
cheeky
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 5, 2014 6:40 PM

Sep 2008
Hmmm, I don't see that big of a hype on this show. Honestly, I don't even know why there would be hype. First episode was mediocre, MCs sister was really annoying and that "preview" of future fight did nothing to make me excited.
On the contrary, teenagers shooting nuclear bombs from their fingers makes me roll eyes and press fast forward on interesting part. That "preview" bit was by far the worst thing in this episode for me. It was everything I hate.

As for fanboys (going through 1st episode discussion there are many), well, I just tend not to comment on anime with HUGE following. Simply not worth it. Getting insulted over pointing out flaws is not worth it :)

Let's see future episodes before judging though, eh? :)
Apr 5, 2014 7:02 PM
Apr 2014
nina4life said:
Hmmm, I don't see that big of a hype on this show. Honestly, I don't even know why there would be hype. First episode was mediocre, MCs sister was really annoying and that "preview" of future fight did nothing to make me excited.
On the contrary, teenagers shooting nuclear bombs from their fingers makes me roll eyes and press fast forward on interesting part. That "preview" bit was by far the worst thing in this episode for me. It was everything I hate.

As for fanboys (going through 1st episode discussion there are many), well, I just tend not to comment on anime with HUGE following. Simply not worth it. Getting insulted over pointing out flaws is not worth it :)

Let's see future episodes before judging though, eh? :)

Happy to hear that you're giving it a chance despite your misgivings.

Yes, that preview really was a bad idea on their part, it wasn't in the LNs. (Teaser for Vol 8, the flashback arc, which should be the last part of Cour 2)

It's easy to dismiss Miyuki as annoying, lots of people do, even in the LNs. I guess we just learned to deal with it over time. YES she's overbearing, but all the other characters think so too and really start to call her out as the story goes on. No, this isn't a harem, nor does it have incest. However Miyuki does have her own charm, and an amazing personality that is revealed over time. Probably the first time I ever really liked her was at the end of the first arc when I realized "Oh, so she's more than a bro-con robot." She really comes into her own in Arc 2-3 though, when she has some time away from Tatsuya.

I'm fine with hearing flaws, and yes, I'm a fanboy. (Stopped lurking and started posting just to defend this show). I'll just do my best to talk about those flaws so people continue to give it a chance. As long as nobody flames without a decent reason I'm fine with all criticism.
Apr 5, 2014 7:13 PM

Jun 2012
Well, first day12 hours payoff is edging out at the top 400 and top 1000 in popularity, lets see where this will be at next week. Not sure if anyone remembers where attack on titan and sword art were in their first day of airing but I remember Attack on Titan hit top 15 (placed 12 or so I believe) within the first week, did it not? Sword Art placed somewhere in the top 100 but that was shortlived obviously.

Kafka-san said:
What the fuck does that mean?
OchimushaApr 5, 2014 7:16 PM
Apr 5, 2014 7:26 PM

Sep 2012
Fairy Tail 2014 is the new SAO/AoT
Apr 5, 2014 7:51 PM

Sep 2008
AOT was #9 after first week iirc. Glowing 10s across the board in reviews. This doesn't even come close to that :)

Well, no matter how I feel about AoT in general, that 1st episode was something beyond logic and reason, it was flawless, from soundtrack to actual animations. If I had to rate AoT based on that episode alone I would probably rate it 10 as well.

I never give rating before at least 5 episodes though :)
Apr 5, 2014 7:59 PM
Apr 2014
SetsukoHara said:
Fairy Tail 2014 is the new SAO/AoT

Ugh

I don't hate Fairy Tail, but it's definitely not my demographic. Wayyyyy too juvenile. I don't consider myself a very mature person either, but even I find Fairy Tail to be annoyingly childish. The fact that some reviewers gave it a better score than Mahouka's first episode makes me want to punch a wall. Not that first episode reviews mean much for the show, but good reviews do attract viewers.

And yea, AoT's first episode was amazing. I think we were all stunned by it, it deserved it's place in the rankings. Hopefully Mahouka makes its way up there over time.

SAO's first episode was amazing as well. Hell, the whole Aincrad arc was amazing, one of the best things I've ever seen. Too bad the author decided to turn around and take a dump on his work in ALO though.
Apr 5, 2014 9:28 PM

Oct 2007
UltraZulwarn said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Shojo-chanCat said:
Mahouka was ranked third for the top-selling Light Novels in 2013, with Mekakucity Actors being 2nd and Sword Art Online obviously being 1st.

I guess It's hyped??? I'm only watching it to see what the overly obsessed fanboys think is so great about this series.

And I'll be checking out Mekaku City Actors a bit to see what overly obsessed fangirls think is so great about that series.

In all seriousness though, I don't know why people let hype effect them so much, it's just playing right into the hands of people that mainly just want your money and time and will say anything to get it. Just watch what you like and who gives a fuck what other people think in the long run. Honestly as much as both this and Mekaku are hyped to shit like LITERALLY every Aniplex show that airs on Saturday in this block (there's a rather obvious reason both of these shows are back to back) neither is even close to being my most anticipated show of the season. They both seem like they could be interesting and at least worth watching, but they also seem kind of just like hyped up pandering at the same time.

Well, As a LN reader, I am sure looking forward to the anime, but not like "this's gonna be the best anime ever!!" or some sort.

Part of the reasons for the "hype" (or at least for me) is that it took so damn long for the anime adaptation to come out. After freakin' 12 volumes (TWELVE!! I tell ya!!!), Mahouka finally got the anime.

Maybe that's not really long, but other shows got theirs more quickly. Date a Live got the announcement when it reached....wait, 4 vols????? Other recent anime such as Strike the Blood, Log Horizon also haven't passed the 10th vol yet.

Why this is popular? There are many things to talk about but in summary, I guess one could say it's quite refreshing, especially in the age of fanservice and good-for-nothing protagonists. The MC - Tatsuya, whether he is OP or not, carries a trait that I really do appreciate: he tolerates no bullshit and cares less about bullshit matters. Remember when you see John McClane (Die Hard) kicks the bad guys ass and the catchphrase "Yippee ki-yay, motherfucker!", I get the same feeling when I read about Tatsuya

I read a bit of the manga. It kind of appeals to my interests pretty well on a number of levels and seems like one of those rare light novel series you get that actually attempts to go somewhere with it's premise and be expansive as opposed to just be strictly rom-com harem fare (Index, Accel World, Horizon and the like) possibly cause they're much harder to do and require more money and it looks good enough. My goal is kind of just to enjoy it as a guilty pleasure and then if it develops into something more consider it a nice bonus.

bastek66 said:
IS THIS MAL OR /a/?
Seems like retardness is spreading.

Yes to all of the above.
Apr 5, 2014 9:33 PM

Jul 2013
Hmmm. Now that I remeber it, theres a scene, probably coming next episode that might be a major turn off for a bunch of people HIGHLY depending on how it is directed.
We will have to wait and see.
Apr 5, 2014 9:46 PM

Mar 2012
CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIN!!!!!!
THESE WOUNDS, THEY WILL NOT HEAL!!!!
FEAR IS HOW I FALL!!!!!!!!
CONFUSING WHAT IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 5, 2014 9:55 PM
Aug 2012
JoksPacifist said:
Hmmm. Now that I remeber it, theres a scene, probably coming next episode that might be a major turn off for a bunch of people HIGHLY depending on how it is directed.

That "cad examination" scene right? I can already imagine what kind of comments we will have to deal with........

Apr 5, 2014 10:10 PM
Jun 2013
MKnR will be big, but not the biggest.
wont be the next AoT, but im sure this will reach at the level of SAO

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
JoksPacifist said:

That "cad examination" scene right? I can already imagine what kind of comments we will have to deal with........

or probably the 1v1 battle against that guy, the first legit battle
rempsApr 5, 2014 10:14 PM
Apr 5, 2014 10:23 PM
Aug 2012
tatuhey said:
MKnR will be big, but not the biggest.
wont be the next AoT, but im sure this will reach at the level of SAO

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
JoksPacifist said:

Oh my mistake that "cad" scene comes later but the execution of the fight scene is pretty important.......but i don't think they will mess it up. It was done pretty well in the manga version too.

Apr 5, 2014 10:56 PM
Apr 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Oh my mistake that "cad" scene comes later but the execution of the fight scene is pretty important.......but i don't think they will mess it up. It was done pretty well in the manga version too.

I remember seeing part of it in a trailer, or picture or something. It looked well done, but it's not like they have a lot to work with for that fight hah. There won't be good action until the end of Vol 1, and no truly amazing action until 9 Schools. But we all know the true treat, the erection-inducing awesomeness that is the Yokohama Disturbance.
Apr 5, 2014 11:05 PM

Oct 2011
Hints of incest will probably scare a lot of people away.
Apr 5, 2014 11:24 PM
Apr 2014
Kefkiroth said:

I'm trying to clear up the misinformation all I can, but it's like people that want to criticize the incest element purposefully ignore my posts :/
Apr 5, 2014 11:27 PM
Aug 2012
SodaPop65 said:
Kefkiroth said:

I'm trying to clear up the misinformation all I can, but it's like people that want to criticize the incest element purposefully ignore my posts :/

They will criticize anything with hype. Let's wait until a few episode and they will see that this show is "More than meets the eyes".

Apr 5, 2014 11:34 PM
Jun 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
SodaPop65 said:
Kefkiroth said:

They will criticize anything with hype. Let's wait until a few episode and they will see that this show is "More than meets the eyes".

in a bad situation, people say that theres always a silver lining. i guess the vice versa also applies.

--

no incest, just brocon only
Apr 5, 2014 11:36 PM

Jan 2011
JizzyHitler said:
it wont be as big as either of those but it'll be big, its apparently gonna be the next sword art online in terms of poor quality in writing from what a ton of people are saying so this may be the next flame war subject for months to come, hell it already kind of is all thanks to one single user's obsession with it

wtf are you talking about. It's hyped bc of the LN writing quality.
Apr 5, 2014 11:36 PM
Aug 2012
tatuhey said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
SodaPop65 said:
Kefkiroth said:

in a bad situation, people say that there's always a silver lining. i guess the vice versa also applies.

--

no incest, just brocon only

Brocon-Siscon combo........but with legitimate reasons. But the amount of trolls on the anime threads is getting rather high.........

Apr 6, 2014 3:09 AM

Jan 2009
well, if a series is getting this much hate and attention, it's gotta be somewhat watchable. if a series were really bad, no one would even know it exists or even dare to make comments about it
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 6, 2014 4:02 AM

May 2009
SodaPop65 said:
Ugh

I don't hate Fairy Tail, but it's definitely not my demographic. Wayyyyy too juvenile. I don't consider myself a very mature person either, but even I find Fairy Tail to be annoyingly childish. The fact that some reviewers gave it a better score than Mahouka's first episode makes me want to punch a wall. Not that first episode reviews mean much for the show, but good reviews do attract viewers.

And yea, AoT's first episode was amazing. I think we were all stunned by it, it deserved it's place in the rankings. Hopefully Mahouka makes its way up there over time.

SAO's first episode was amazing as well. Hell, the whole Aincrad arc was amazing, one of the best things I've ever seen. Too bad the author decided to turn around and take a dump on his work in ALO though.

I got news for you Mr. Mature Watcher. All four shows have same demographic.
Apr 6, 2014 4:45 AM
Apr 2014
bastek66 said:

I got news for you Mr. Mature Watcher. All four shows have same demographic.

You literally quoted me as saying that I don't consider myself mature, while condescendingly calling me Mr. Mature Watcher. I hope you realize that.

The only anime I criticized as immature was Fairy Tail, and honestly how can you even refute that. Have you watched it? If something meaningful ever happens in that show I'll eat my damn hat. I still keep up with the manga just to keep my tally of "fake MC deaths" rolling. I added a whole lot more recently.

At least in other popular shonens, people actually train and lasting consequences are felt. Fairy Tail is just that. A Fairy Tail. An utterly juvenile excuse to show cool special effects and fan service.

I really can't accept that AoT and Fairy Tail are meant to be watched by the same audience whatsoever. I could happily show a 5 year old Fairy Tail. Hell, he'd probably understand what little plot there is just as well as I do. AoT isn't an adult anime or anything, but it definitely has some mature concepts as opposed to the joke of the shonen world Fairy Tail.
Apr 6, 2014 5:49 AM

Feb 2008
It might become next SAO. People will love the shit out of it, despite horrible writing and characters, and light novel readers will go on how the anime ruined the light novel.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 6, 2014 5:53 AM

Jul 2013
Maybe yes, maybe no.

We should wait till July.
Apr 6, 2014 6:10 AM
Apr 2014
ZetaZaku said:
It might become next SAO. People will love the shit out of it, despite horrible writing and characters, and light novel readers will go on how the anime ruined the light novel.

You think Mahouka's LNs have poor writing?

I have read both Mahouka and SAO (Well, most of SAO. I quit after GGO, It just couldn't hold my interest)

The quality is leagues apart, Mahouka far surpasses SAO's story and character development. The only thing SAO does better is get into the story faster. Mahouka somehow manages to have 10+ characters with more depth than just Kirito. (A bland MC if there ever was one)
Apr 6, 2014 6:15 AM

Sep 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
SodaPop65 said:
Kefkiroth said:

While people certainly do like to criticize anything with hype, there are actually valid reasons to be afraid of incest or harem unless a person is familiar with LN or read a post from sodapop.
Now, I do not care about either of those, heck, my favorite VN features both, g-senjou no maou. Well, both are optional there and both are only semi-visible, but present.

Let's look objectively, say, my perspective, non LN reader and neutral, without hearing ANYTHING about the show previously:
- It was a mediocre opening episode with really annoying MCs sister, possible sister-brother relationship (look at room scene where she leans on him), possible harem (including sister, MC talked to 4 girls, all basically running to him) and a preview which looked like something that would put Uchiha Madara powers to shame. MC seemed fine, but so did the one in Chrome Shelled Regios, a show that had extremelly similar first episode in terms of MC, school and harem.

This is what first episode looked like to me, so yes, I was not impressed. Now, I didn't even know about LN before watching, I just watch anime, not interested what they are based on. Some of my fears have been cast away by non-spoiler message from one of guys here.

If it wasn't for that message I'd probably keep many ot previously mentioned first episode shortcomings on mind going further.

So, while the LN may be great, I am giving it FSN treatment (2nd favorite VN), where it has to prove it is good as anime, LN is of no interest to me.
Apr 6, 2014 6:15 AM
Aug 2012
ZetaZaku said:
It might become next SAO. People will love the shit out of it, despite horrible writing and characters, and light novel readers will go on how the anime ruined the light novel and we will keep trolling as usual.

There fixed it for you!

Saying a series has horrible characters and writing really makes you guys self-important, doesn't it? Don't try to play innocent and insult the fans only. Everybody is a fanboy of some franchise so 2 can play that trolling game.

nina4life said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
SodaPop65 said:
Kefkiroth said:

While people certainly do like to criticize anything with hype, there are actually valid reasons to be afraid of incest or harem unless a person is familiar with LN or read a post from sodapop.
Now, I do not care about either of those, heck, my favorite VN features both, g-senjou no maou. Well, both are optional there and both are only semi-visible, but present.

Let's look objectively, say, my perspective, non LN reader and neutral, without hearing ANYTHING about the show previously:
- It was a mediocre opening episode with really annoying MCs sister, possible sister-brother relationship (look at room scene where she leans on him), possible harem (including sister, MC talked to 4 girls, all basically running to him) and a preview which looked like something that would put Uchiha Madara powers to shame. MC seemed fine, but so did the one in Chrome Shelled Regios, a show that had extremelly similar first episode in terms of MC, school and harem.

This is what first episode looked like to me, so yes, I was not impressed. Now, I didn't even know about LN before watching, I just watch anime, not interested what they are based on. Some of my fears have been cast away by non-spoiler message from one of guys here.

If it wasn't for that message I'd probably keep many ot previously mentioned first episode shortcomings on mind going further.

So, while the LN may be great, I am giving it FSN treatment (2nd favorite VN), where it has to prove it is good as anime, LN is of no interest to me.

Dude i have nothing against people like you, your impressions are you own. We know the things may turn you off, so time and again we have been saying there is no incest, it's mostly teasing and played for joke.............they have a very strong bond and the reason will be explained later. Also the first arc can appear boring for some so we are asking to give it some time. Of course this is a request, not absolute.

The problems is trolls and random haters are going on and on about how bad this is, poor writing, incest and what not. Some are smart enough to judge it on their own but some get influenced by those. That's the problem i am having here.
Dragon_Slayer_XApr 6, 2014 6:22 AM

Apr 6, 2014 6:22 AM
Jul 2013
mg021 said:
it already is a hyped anime. there's plenty of anticipation for this series, and a lot of high expectations. As long as madhouse doesn't screw it up though, like they did mahou sensou, this will be a great watch.

as for whether it'll be the next SAO/AoT? Who knows... but I expect there will be a very polarized community like SAO/AoT had.

Oh my god, Mahou Sensou was an absolute train wreck. I don't think this one could possibly go down that same path (or at least, that's what I'm hoping won't happen).
Apr 6, 2014 6:33 AM

Sep 2008
And while what you say might be somewhat right about trolls, keep in mind some people don't even comment on discussion boards.

I gave you my first impression of a show, completely neutral, since before watching it I knew nothing of the show. If I did not comment and if I did not read replies or even come here in the first place I would most certainly consider it incest/harem anime.

I'd keep watching because I do not mind those, but if I did, it would be instantly dropped.

Also, a hype or good VN/LN do not mean adaptation is gonna be any good.
Examples: SAO and FSN come to mind. Both have godlike base material, especially FSN, since it is basically 50h of text explaining every single thing. And look at adaptation.
That is why if something is mediocre (first episode of MK here), I will say so until proven otherwise.

I will gladly say I love this anime, as soon as it does something worthy of praise :)

If I were to rate first episode I would give it 6, without preview part an 8.
Apr 6, 2014 6:38 AM
Aug 2012
nina4life said:
And while what you say might be somewhat right about trolls, keep in mind some people don't even comment on discussion boards.

I gave you my first impression of a show, completely neutral, since before watching it I knew nothing of the show. If I did not comment and if I did not read replies or even come here in the first place I would most certainly consider it incest/harem anime.

I'd keep watching because I do not mind those, but if I did, it would be instantly dropped.

Also, a hype or good VN/LN do not mean adaptation is gonna be any good.
Examples: SAO and FSN come to mind. Both have godlike base material, especially FSN, since it is basically 50h of text explaining every single thing. And look at adaptation.
That is why if something is mediocre (first episode of MK here), I will say so until proven otherwise.

I will gladly say I love this anime, as soon as it does something worthy of praise :)

If I were to rate first episode I would give it 6, without preview part an 8.

Well this is just the ramblings of an fanboy but please keep watching, you just might be surprised. That's all i can say to people like you who watch an show with a open mind. This is not a high-school/harem/romcom/incest show.......the plot gets very interesting as it goes on.

Apr 6, 2014 7:18 AM

May 2009
Is SAO and SNK some separate genre that you invented to shitpost?
Apr 6, 2014 7:23 AM
Apr 2014
bastek66 said:
Is SAO and SNK some separate genre that you invented to shitpost?

Sorry, it's hard to have a discussion when the other person keeps changing what they're talking about.

My argument was that Fairy Tail is less mature than SNK and SAO. Well, that Fairy Tail is generally immature in general due to the lack of anything ever happening. It might as well be an episodic show that lasts 10 hours per episode. Once the episode's over, everything resets to happy funtime and everything's fine.
Apr 6, 2014 8:49 AM

May 2009
SodaPop65 said:
My argument was that Fairy Tail is less mature than SNK and SAO. Well, that Fairy Tail is generally immature in general due to the lack of anything ever happening. It might as well be an episodic show that lasts 10 hours per episode. Once the episode's over, everything resets to happy funtime and everything's fine.

Anime is immature. Deal with it. So what it airs late night, there is blood and tits. It always will be called immature.
FT good for tits. Mahouka is immature too. Who cares?
Apr 6, 2014 8:58 AM
Apr 2014
bastek66 said:
SodaPop65 said:

Anime is immature. Deal with it. So what it airs late night, there is blood and tits. It always will be called immature.
FT good for tits. Mahouka is immature too. Who cares?

If something can make me tear up, I consider it mature.

I've teared up in Mahouka.

And how the hell do you just call anime in general immature? Them's thar fightin' words. You might want to stretch first before you troll that hard, lest you pull a muscle.
Apr 6, 2014 9:00 AM

Mar 2008
SodaPop65 said:
You must have a very serious constitution.
Apr 6, 2014 9:06 AM
Apr 2014
Ckan said:
SodaPop65 said:
You must have a very serious constitution.

Not at all, I just think that if something can make me feel, if it can affect me emotionally, then I respect it and consider it mature. Maybe the whole series wasn't mature, but SOMETHING connected with me enough to make me really care.

It's like Code Geass. An overall immature, ridiculous anime. (That I love). But man, the end. THE END. ALL THE FEELS IN THE WORLD AND THEN SOME.

One Piece has feels all the damn time. My first time through the series I was flabbergasted about how emotional it made me.

I won't even get into 100% mature animes, since they're just obvious.

Fairy Tail.... I think I was saddened at an event that happened early on, but after retconning like 5 "deaths" I realized that nothing ever serious happens in FT, and ever since then, nothing has surprised me or made me feel anything in that show. So to me, it's garbage.
Apr 6, 2014 9:17 AM

Apr 2013
If by "next SAO/AOT" you mean the forums will be just as bad then yes.
Oh my dear lord yes.
Apr 6, 2014 9:35 AM

Nov 2013
PWJP said:
If by "next SAO/AOT" you mean the forums will be just as bad then yes.
Oh my dear lord yes.

After seeing the episode 1 discussion, I have to agree.

Of course, it's still early to decide whether or not it will be the most hyped this year, there are other shows this year that will be hyped just as much if not more.
Apr 6, 2014 5:54 PM

Nov 2011
I don't think so.
It may have an audience, but it's nowhere near as large as the other two and while there will definitely be debates it won't get as bad as it did when SAO/AOT did. The LN itself isn't exactly(my opinion) A-grade material either(still enjoyable), so I don't expect the anime nor the hype to be that huge.

It will probably start out with a lot of attention, but die down as time goes on.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 6, 2014 9:34 PM

Jun 2009
No, the pilot episode is too weak.

SAO and AOT have amazing pilot episode, so good that it brought in a bunch of new anime fan.

Rettousei's episode one will not have such an effect. If we're to compare the 3 show, Rettousei will look like some 2nd rated trash. (Harsh, I know, but it's the truth)

If I am to compare, I'd say this show is more like Chrome Shelled Regios, except even Chrome Shelled Regios have a much better pilot episode. (In term of getting people hungry for more.)

That alone is big enough to impact it's overall influence on anime fan in general.

It's the "OMG THIS IS AWESOME" factor it doesn't have, I mean ffs, if you show a new anime fan episode one of Guilty Crown, I assure you he/she will scream for more.

my humble opinion.
AirStylesApr 6, 2014 9:39 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2014 9:37 PM

Jan 2013
More like IS, not much difference anyway.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 6, 2014 9:43 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
AirStyles said:
No, the pilot episode is too weak.

SAO and AOT have amazing pilot episode, so good that it brought in a bunch of new anime fan.

Rettousei's episode one will not have such an effect. If we're to compare the 3 show, Rettousei will look like some 2rd rated trash. (Harsh, I know, but it's the truth)

That alone is big enough to impact it's overall influence on anime fan in general.

It's the "OMG THIS IS AWESOME" factor it doesn't have, I mean ffs, if you show someone episode one of Guilty Crown, I assure you most new anime fan will scream for more.

my humble opinion.

Steins;Gate is an exception however. It also had a weak pilot episode but later people started to hype it.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.