Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 2, 2014 2:39 PM

Jul 2012
Decent show. Jokes got a bit old, plot got a bit too slow at times, and characters got slightly irritating. But really nice art and interesting romance. One of the middle tier shows for me this season.
Apr 2, 2014 7:35 PM

Jul 2013
What a sweet anime, I'm glad that I watched it.
Poor Kobeni at first, she was scared to be lonely, the music was nice, I liked it!
And glad they got reunited! Hakuya saving her was awesome!

Season 2 please, Kobeni perfect waifu!!!!!!!
Apr 3, 2014 4:41 AM

Aug 2010
Finally, it's over. 5/10, mediocre at best. Neither the characters nor the plot was engaging (no pun intended), I couldn't get emotionally invested one bit and only a handful of the jokes were genuinely funny. Kashima and Suetsugi salvaged it for the most part, and I probably would have liked Mashiro if not for the VA's performance of making my ears bleed with that high-pitched squealing.
Apr 3, 2014 5:50 PM

Apr 2011
Nice and relaxing anime.

Dislike that older sister so much... Kobeni is the BEST!!! <3
Apr 7, 2014 9:54 AM

Feb 2012
ShingekiMZ said:
Season 2 please, Kobeni perfect waifu!!!!!!!

This, also she was the reason I watched the whole series.
Apr 7, 2014 6:24 PM

May 2012
Pretty sad start but great way to end this series off with a rather open ending but still pretty lovely! I do wonder what the specials and ova's have to offer but all by all I really enjoyed this series, the characters especially were lovely! 8/10

Also that OP and ED stay amazingly good!
Apr 8, 2014 2:23 AM

May 2013
I will miss this anime I hope there would be season 2 of it. So it's official that kobeni and hakuya is in a relationship? Because kobeni said that ''It's allright we're engaged after all''
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 12, 2014 10:40 AM

Jan 2011
Pretty nice ending, but a bit too serious for this show.
The comedy was epic, 7/10!

Toaki90 said:
Tharangril said:
8/10 Kobeni ma waifu <3

It is mai waifu, you fucking lazy plebian

Best comment ever, lmao.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 20, 2014 12:45 AM

Oct 2012
What's the title of the insert song? It's pretty nice.

I hope for a season 2. So many things not explained.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Apr 21, 2014 3:06 PM

Dec 2012
Meh, the ending felt anticlimactic to me... The romance could have been done better, but I wasn't expecting much romance from this since the beginning, but I would have liked to have seen a hug, holding hands, a kiss, even a proper date. But whatever, it was somewhat entertaining to watch regardless, besides how annoying Benio was to me throughout the entire series. Loved Mashiro though, she was adorable! <333

I give the series a 7/10
Apr 23, 2014 1:36 PM
Jul 2012
When Kobeni was missing and Hakuya and his whole family were searching for her, I couldn't help but think, "If only there were some dog-people around who had superhuman abilities, like enhanced senses of smell and the ability to leap around and cover large distances quickly. Hypothetical creatures like that could probably track her really easily, especially given that she can't have gone more than fifty yards in her condition, and she's leaving a FUCKING TRENCH BEHIND HER IN THE SNOW."

But leaving aside the silly, contrived nature of the emergency... I enjoyed the show quite a bit, mostly for the comedy around Benio and Mashiro. Good fun.
Apr 24, 2014 6:48 AM

Aug 2013
This took longer than I expected to finish watching.. just to damn funny.
Its great but very short.. I'm going to miss this show.
The characters are memorable.. leaves a spot to remember.
All in all a great anime.. very good slice of life.. wish it'd go longer.
Hope for a season 2.. so much more can be done. I hope to see it happen.
Apr 27, 2014 11:43 AM
May 2012
Yet another impressive slice of life anime from Dogakobo, and not the cute-girls-doing-cute-things theme no less. As for the story, I really liked how Kobeni and Hakuya's relationship developed through the entire series, though the kiss would have provided a very nice ending. Benio, Mashiro, and even Suetsugi and Niko proviidng humor to the series was also nice as well.

And Kobeni.....oh god she really is like, the perfect wife, i'm putting her onto the fave characters list to help me remind that.

S2 or a few eps OVA would be very appreciated, I need more Kobeni.

9/10
Apr 28, 2014 6:54 PM

Dec 2012
Could've been better imho. Our male and female lead are too flat, and other characters outshine them.
May 10, 2014 11:56 PM

Mar 2014
Good to see the anime in the future :D.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2014 12:59 AM
Jul 2013
THE MOST HEARTWARMING ANIME I'VE EVER WATCHED, PERIOD. Relaxing, funny, it's not being forced nor being lewd. But I will miss them. So, another season if can. Well, me and my selfish self want it whether they ruin it or not.
May 14, 2014 2:27 PM

May 2007
Anyways, I just finished this show and it was hilarious. This was recommended to me by various people but when I looked at the plot, it really didn't interest me, I thought it was going to be sub-par slice-of-life with cliched romantic drama scenes, which sort of did have. Also, I found out before watching the series that the siblings were dog spirits and I was wondering how on earth is there suppose to be a spousal relationship between a normal human girl (which we find out later that since half of Hakuya's powers were transferred to her, making her now half-youkai) and a dog.

Hence, I was avoiding it until my friend, Jadon, said one of the characters pretty much steals the show with her lines and was a bit like Mayumi in Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou....this piqued my interest for this anime.

Everyone was great particularly Benio and Mashiro, I thought Kobeni was cute too with her whole "housewife" feel, she looks great in an apron. :lol: Hakuya was sorta boring and I enjoyed this anime about it not being centred around him but more on the daily lives of the other characters. Hakuya was essentially an obedient dog and it was funny that Kobeni could just read his mood just by looking at him.

I'm sure there could be a lot more development of the story in the future like an introduction of another dog clan besides Suigetsu's, who are vying for Hakuya's affection or something like that but since the nature of 4-koma generally like to have their cast within a certain limit, I'm not so sure if we will see an introduction of a recurring character any time soon in the manga from where the story is right now but I could be complete wrong too.

I wonder how much of the manga was adapted in this anime.

I'm giving this series an awesome 9/10, there were countless times in the anime that literally made me laugh out loud, like when Mashiro realises when she's holding the hands of both Kobeni and Hakuya in the middle and comes to a sudden realisation that this sort of looks like the picture of when the 2 FBI-looking guys are holding the hands of an alien in the middle after having caught it. :P
May 22, 2014 6:28 AM

Apr 2014
I was really excited about this series after the first 2 episodes but the show made no progress with Hakuya character development and their relationship only progressed slightly but that's only because Kobeni was guilted by everything Hakuya had done for her in the past.
May 31, 2014 4:10 PM

May 2011
A cute and nice ending to a relaxing anime.
Magito said:
Benio for best girl!

Kobeni for best waifu!
Jun 8, 2014 8:40 AM

Mar 2014
This show had some awesome comedy, but there's a lack of romance here if you ask me.
And well... there was no kiss :/
Jun 8, 2014 10:05 AM

Mar 2014
Spajki said:
This show had some awesome comedy, but there's a lack of romance here if you ask me.
And well... there was no kiss :/

It's certainly a more understated romance than many other rom-coms out there. They do show the romance between Kobeni and Hakuya growing through smaller things. I kind of like it this way anyway; we don't really know how much time the anime covers, but it'd be kind of awkward to me if they kissed after living together/kind-of dating for less than at least two weeks...or longer.
Jun 17, 2014 4:59 AM
May 2012
Awww, that was a nice and heartwarming last episode~..............but they should have kissed at that romanchik moment T^T
I really enjoyed this Anime. The characters are fun, and Kobeni is just *^*
The insert song was nice~ The opening and ending song are both cute!!
They didn't develop the romance and Hakuya's character that much......that's why we need a season 2!!!!!!
I'll watch the OVA and special next :3 I'll probably read the Manga someday :D Thank you ^^
Jun 19, 2014 8:29 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The whole misunderstanding all because Hakuya didn't mention in a text he and Mashiro were going home to drop of their Winter clothes, textbooks, and show their parents their report cards.

Still it was a sweet episode, especially when Hakuya carries Kobeni.

However, this show was more of a comedy rather than a romance one. No kiss scene or hug scene, kind of hurt the score. Still, it was pretty enjoyable, especially Mashiro.

More nessies.

Jun 19, 2014 9:38 PM

Sep 2013
Needs more romance, I enjoyed it nevertheless.

6.6/18
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jun 25, 2014 5:34 AM

Jan 2013
I quite liked it, it has the right amount of everything I like, I would love though a kiss in the ova or special or even in a second season or something.
8.6/10.
Jul 5, 2014 5:16 PM
Jun 2014
This was pretty good. I like how the show really focuses on the interactions of the characters and how their bonds strengthen (or diminish, Mashiro lol) instead of just a bunch of random boobfalls. Had a pretty chill vibe throughout and a nice ending. My only complaint is that there weren't many "NANI??" moments I can remember.
Jul 8, 2014 9:10 AM

Oct 2012
Good last episode. Though I presume there will be second season, right? It should be cause this was hardly end.

But it was fun.

6/10
Aug 8, 2014 8:34 AM

Jan 2012
semi-waste of time..

6/10
Aug 9, 2014 9:20 AM

Oct 2012
So cute series
Especially witch Mashiro... So cute xD

It really had a proper ending at least...
But not enough.. not nearly enough
More please!!
Until they married.. or officially become a couple!! xD
"Signature removed"
Aug 14, 2014 7:49 AM

Feb 2014
So Kobeni and Hakuya pretty much took their vows in the forest (even though it seemed quite one sided).
I knew Kobeni feels overshadowed by her sister, but where did her abandonment issues come from suddenly? Besides that and the (completely avoidable) misunderstanding at the beginning, this was a good finale that wrapped everything up without ending on a "go read the manga" ending.
And Mashiro on the broom bit was even better than her little dance in front of the TV.
Oct 2, 2014 11:23 AM
Aug 2014
It didn't make me constantly laugh like crazy, but it was an enjoyable watch none the less.
Oct 21, 2014 3:10 AM

Sep 2014
This better have a next season 'cos that ending was not satisfying.. It's good and all but sometimes I feel there isn't much romance except for Benio's love (you may call it addiction even) for Kobeni and Mashiro.. I expected more romantic scenes but I guess I was wrong.. There are a lot of cheesy scenes but that's it.. The comedy is nice, story is okay and the characters are definitely adorable.. Overall, I enjoyed this one 'till the end..

~ 8/10 ~
* I would've given this a 7 but Mashiro is so damn cute that I added 1 point lol..
Oct 24, 2014 10:18 AM

Jul 2010
8/10, I enjoyed it but the blonde girls arc was annoying because I didn't like her character but the rest was fine.
Nov 8, 2014 12:12 AM
Nov 2009
God I want a 2nd season, I loved this ep and how it answered some questions but I want more cuteness. There are far to many long 52+ ep anime's that are not nearly this good.
Nov 13, 2014 10:15 AM

Oct 2013
I love the way he carried Kobeni, it was so sweet and romantic, i love her blush >.<
, and Benio was hillarious, i mean she teased Mashiro LMAO, 10/10 would wife Benio she's purfect, Nice series but unfortunately we didn't get to see Hakuya's dog form. i wouldn't mind for a 2nd season.

Overall score 7/10, now onto the OVA
Nov 19, 2014 8:29 PM

Feb 2013
Loved this show from start to finish. I wish there was more. Going to watch the ova now, but even after that I wish there was more.....going to miss this one.

9/10
Jan 7, 2015 10:24 AM

Mar 2013
Pretty good series overall. I loved the fact that there was not forced romance, everything between Kobeni and Hakuya felt pretty natural. Benio is such a riot, lmfao, probably my favorite character from this show after Mayura.
Also, Mashiro was cute, the comedy felt odd sometimes but still pretty enjoyable. I'm glad I picked up this show after it was finished. 7/10
Jan 17, 2015 4:18 PM

Nov 2014
Cute story, had smile on the whole show. 7.510

Mar 30, 2015 9:58 PM

Feb 2010
S2 when
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 3, 2015 12:29 PM
Feb 2015
I really enjoyed every single episode. I'm still curious with hakuya's whole face >.< he's so cute. and yeah that blonde girl's arc is unnecessary. I really hope there will be second season. please >.< need more hakuya x kobeni <333
Apr 9, 2015 2:05 PM

Jul 2013
I definitely enjoyed this anime a lot than I expected. A lot of memorable and gif worthy scenes. Personally one of the best rom com/SoL anime I've seen to date.

Wouldn't mind a second season and I'm surprisingly giving 9/10

Also Mashiro is the best loli ever.
May 6, 2015 12:50 AM

Dec 2013
Nice ending, I guess. We were able to see bits of Hakuya's power(?) and Mashiro-tan was stillcute as ever. I enjoyed this series
and I'm really glad to see some development between Hakuya x Kobeni. Season 2, eh?
_kukiyomenaiMay 6, 2015 12:53 AM

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jul 19, 2015 1:15 AM

Dec 2013
8/10 (OK)
i felt like while the comedy was always spot on, it just couldnt handle the more delicate moments, especially when throwing in the whole supernatural thing. the last ep was suprisingly nice with an impressive BGM which was completely missing the entire series and the relationship between Kobeni and Hakuya actually progressed (granted not very much).
Aug 25, 2015 3:47 PM

Jan 2014
Stark700 said:
Wow, this episode was sad in the beginning. The music/montage, loneliness, etc.

I thought that was just so well done, especially for such an otherwise lighthearted show. The way they conveyed the loneliness of an empty house was brilliant.

yukishiromei said:
probably my favorite character from this show after Mayura.

This. Her character design was a bit different, her seiyu did a great job, and she was the real MVP, a true side character that sticks with you.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 21, 2015 2:59 PM

Dec 2008
Disappointing. There was such humor in this show. Oh well. Onto ova and then never think about this hsow again. 6/10
Nov 20, 2015 4:09 PM

Nov 2009
Uhhhhh hi *u*
I legitimately screamed. lol
Some over-played but consistently funny gags, super sweet and lovable characters, overall a very pleasant feeling. I enjoyed this show a lot, BUT they could really have given more attention to the actual plot, as there were many questions left unanswered. I want a second season :’c
Ah, and I loved the way the romance was portrayed. Very pure, makes sense in the context and in the way they behave, etc. Obviously, could always be better if more things actually happened, but this show was only 12 episodes and I'll take what I can get.
8/10

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Nov 28, 2015 4:50 PM

Feb 2010
Series much better than expected, also most catchy OP I've heard in awhile :D

Dec 12, 2015 5:40 PM

Dec 2014
The girls really carried this show and made it a lot better than what it otherwise would've been. Benio had me laughing with all of her ridiculousness which says a lot since I normally hate that kind of character. Kobeni reminds me of Akarin for some reason. I think it's because of her reactions, either way she was entertaining. And Mashiro was just pure moe and is the reason I started this anime with her dance from episode 3. Hakuya felt a bit flat but he was barely there in the first place. The OP and ED were really addicting and I watched them every episode. But yea, pretty good show and a nice SoL to take a break from all the serious anime.

7/10
bdsbffDec 12, 2015 10:50 PM
Dec 17, 2015 10:37 AM

Feb 2015
What a nice ride. i like when they started the episode with some plot and funny comedy. i really didn't expect that this show was romcom. tbh the comedy was so hillarious and the plot was interesting. i like the way they ended it too. it was a nice way to end the series, even though they still didn't become a couple though, but still i think that was a good way to end the series. i think i will give this series 9/10 the reason just because i enjoy it so much. it was funny and romantic. good show to fill my day :D.
Dec 24, 2015 2:50 AM

Feb 2013
This series went by pretty fast for me. Very enjoyable. I never expected Mashiro and Hakuya to be whatever they are.

All that drama about them leaving was just a misunderstanding. lol Hakuya should've been more descriptive. If he was all of this would've been avoided.

I'm guessing in the past she fell like she did in this episode but Hakuya did a better job at saving her this time since no one got hurt.

Mashiro trying to ride on a broom with Benio watching from the second floor was hilarious!

I really liked it. Will definitely check the manga once it's over. in the meantime time for the OVAs!
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

114 by Forum »»
Mar 11, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

124 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Apr 20, 2023 1:13 AM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2014

129 by is_my_no_name »»
Apr 11, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2014

162 by is_my_no_name »»
Apr 11, 2023 10:57 PM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2014

115 by oooo3333 »»
Nov 23, 2022 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.