Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 2, 2022 8:06 PM
Aug 2017
Kira vs The Monster, these psychopaths are scay! 10/10 episode
Jun 13, 2022 2:55 PM
Mar 2022
These 3 Words "Because I'm Kira."
Aug 26, 2022 3:59 PM
Jan 2021
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Aug 30, 2022 8:42 AM

Jul 2017
Best episode so far.
Oct 31, 2022 7:02 PM
Aug 2021
The face of pure terror at the end. Gives me goosebumps
Nov 13, 2022 5:40 PM

Feb 2022
I was too tense in this chapter
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Dec 9, 2022 5:44 PM

Jul 2022
ALVVV QUE PERRO EL LIGHT

I feel too stupid next to Light, he's a little younger than me and look how smart the son of a bitch is
DZentoDec 9, 2022 6:23 PM
Jan 3, 2023 4:44 AM
Sep 2022
uper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuperper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper<su>suuper
Jan 7, 2023 6:44 PM

Aug 2018
Great episode and it confirms Light is nothing but a cold blooded murderer, no better than the scum he was originally after.
Jan 30, 2023 5:44 AM
Feb 2019
Light is just a fking genius daym
May 6, 2023 5:17 AM
Jun 2021
I love this show, peak peak peak. When Light takes her card and writes down her name and the officer passes by at the same time was cool and especially when she asked her why does he keep checking his watch, and Light tells her that he is Kira, her facial expression i loved it
May 8, 2023 2:19 PM
May 2023
Most of the focus of this episode was just a conversation between Light and the FBI Agent as he tries to get her name, but there are so many moving pieces and smart dialogue that leads to it being very interesting the whole way through, with great tension and an amazing finish to the episode. Of all the episodes up to now, this one was exceptional.
May 31, 2023 4:42 PM
May 2023
that was a ride. i was tensed up all the way especially when light was getting desperate and started being suspicious. poor naomi. light saw how desperate she was to avenge her lover and took that to his advantage. :'( last scene was beautiful
Jun 13, 2023 9:24 PM

Apr 2019
Man.... fuck Light....

Misora didn't deserve that.....

Jul 2, 2023 2:18 PM
Nov 2022
WHAT JUST HAPPENED
Jul 9, 2023 12:30 PM

Apr 2016
Naomi was so careful and clever, and all of a sudden she's not suspicious anymore ! Even though Kira was acting weird this whole time ! It feels like she's a cold blooded, level headed former FBI agent that turns into a naive high school girl... the death note is stupid

What saved this episode however is when Ryuk starts laughing as she gives an alias. Of course he can see through her lie thanks to his shinigami eyes hehe
Haystack_ScienceJul 9, 2023 12:38 PM
Aug 5, 2023 10:18 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Aug 7, 2023 12:39 PM
Aug 2023
It's the best episode of this series till now. An excellent buildup .
Aug 20, 2023 10:00 PM

Jun 2017
Damn, that's sad, i was really hoping she'd make it. 

Very well written! They really did everything they could to make it seem like she'd be able to avoid giving out her name.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Aug 21, 2023 12:01 AM
Jul 2021
Light the sadist.
Sep 13, 2023 10:08 PM
Sep 2023
This episode is what got me into anime
PEAK
PEAK
PEAK
Sep 14, 2023 8:37 AM
Jun 2013
Ryuk's laugh is so goated

This is still one of my favorite episodes! Incredible! The entire episode is just them walking down the street and the entire thing is engrossing from start to finish. This episode is representative of what makes this anime so great: Light is in an impossible situation and somehow talks himself out of it. There's so much tension and angst the entire time, all the way until that clock strikes at the end. And then there's the providence and luck behind his success...it's all so entertaining to watch.
Sep 16, 2023 8:00 AM
Sep 2021
I really wanted to be there and give Light a manly hug; that was damn clever!
Nov 1, 2023 2:57 PM
Oct 2023
goodbye naori mysora, light showed his intelect and evil side, totally loved this episode
Nov 28, 2023 4:36 AM

Jun 2021
great, Light refused the Eye Deal and at the end it wasn't needed. He gave up and began acting desperate to a dangerous level, but succeeded. And damn, Aizawa almost got into everything at the worst possible moment.

"Matsuda, stop being a child" Thank you, Soichiro.

Nov 30, 2023 8:14 PM

Nov 2023
Damn, Light is really good with his mind and intercommunication skills
Dec 30, 2023 2:27 PM

Aug 2019
Wow it’s been exactly 16 years since the first post on this forum.
Anyways, I forgot how incredible this whole sequence was, the episode had me fully invested even though I knew how it would end.
Feb 1, 2:53 AM

Sep 2017
Been eons since i last watched it.

Light was so excellent with manipulating naomi so much he pushed her in reverse psychology manner.

when she was hesitant to join his "task force"
"u are so young and cute, maybe this aint for u"
"no, I will do it."

fell into his trap hook line and sinker when earlier she was apprehensive and wanted to only speak to L

Damn he changed immediately from cute boi to psychopath

CHECKMATE BITCH

Even the universe started snowing when she gave her drivers license to stop another policeman from witnessing ahead of time when light wrote into his desu note.

REALITY WARPER

light demonstrated how he used a lie of knowing task force wasnt there to present doubt and then convince her that "whoops u got me, i am a member of it".

He first knew she was apprehensive and untrusting. He posed a excuse to make her trust him more while ensuring she doesnt go back to head quarters.

First condition cleared.

Then he got her intentions to be with L and how she was a FBI agent, in order to use it against her by emphasising that they need people like her, driving her to action with him.

Second condition cleared.

And finally he reverse psyched her into making her join task force by making a process up about how she will need to join it, by identity proof, detective recommendation(via light himself) and finally L's recommendation. By making her focus more on detective recommendation she failed to notice the real reason, that is the identity proof by which she would die.

All conditions were cleared, and all Light had to do was bide and wait.

L lost huge advantage, just like that.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Feb 1, 2:57 AM

Sep 2017
And yeah Light was so prideful that he told to naomi, "yeah i am kira"

while it worked sooo well here, if naomi gave a fake identity card(not very difficult to make), honestly,
Light would have been screwed, but he had awesome coincidence working with him (or another kami with shinikami).

And he turned the tides of battle in an instant with a lot of quick thinking.

BOOM.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Feb 15, 1:31 AM
May 2023
Man this show is just insanely good wtf
Feb 22, 2:51 PM
Feb 23, 9:44 PM

Nov 2019
The best episode so far. I was hoping she would suspect him and call a double bluff with her name. She did look at him looking at the time the first time she told him her alias. I hope she survives and creates more of a thriller.
Mar 5, 12:29 AM
Feb 2024
912/1000
91/100
9.1/10.
Mar 16, 4:56 AM
Mar 2023
Whelp, I kinda hate Light now lol. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I can blame him for trying to cover his tracks but that doesn't make Sh- I mean Naomi's death any easier to swallow. And why the fuck did he have to make that "I can call my father now" joke. What the fuck, Light?

Did not have a favorite scene in this episode as I'm too saddened by Naomi's death.

R.I.P, Naomi Misora. I really wished we could have seen your glory days in the FBI
Mar 29, 3:26 AM
Feb 2024
im kira !!!!!!!!!
Apr 6, 7:02 PM
Oct 2023
Hitler level manipulation on Light's part
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

395 by yalinarul »»
May 12, 12:41 PM

» Why didn't Light just write in the notebook 'Touta Matsuda dies after killing L at a specific day x and time y' Or something like that

CaptainKing_2009 - Jul 4, 2023

6 by InqMusic »»
May 11, 3:30 AM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

29 by YahiyaX777L »»
May 9, 12:33 PM

» Imagine a world without Death Note

ZeroMajor12 - May 6

0 by ZeroMajor12 »»
May 6, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

128 by puffle9000 »»
May 3, 1:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.