Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2012 1:44 PM
Jul 2012
HAHAHAHHAHAA SHINJI GOT FUCKING VIOLATED, SHE FUCKING HAD TO USE MOUTH WASH CUZ SHINJI BREATH STANK.
Aug 17, 2012 5:26 PM

Feb 2009
LOL dat kiss. Asuka, you are such a gigantic bitch and yet I still love you.

Adam... uh, talk about nightmares.

Also lol I also thought that 2 second scene in the dark alleyway was Misato/Kaji having sex.
Dec 10, 2012 6:28 AM

May 2012
Relations and woman logic all summed up quite nicely, not an all to bad episode, was quite funny actually the kiss because of boredom... No action though but they sure ended up with a good starting point for next episode! Lets see what's next!
Jan 3, 2013 1:23 PM

Dec 2012
This anime just keep getting deep in my head...
Feb 25, 2013 12:48 PM

Jan 2013
kiss scene.
automatic 5/5
Mar 6, 2013 6:59 PM

Aug 2011
Great development.

"Adam" is making more sense now as you get to see what he(?) actually is.
Mar 15, 2013 4:54 PM
Apr 2012
I wouldn't say its making any sense yet, as Adam was supposed to be a fetus meant for that human development stuff and not fricking angel. But it certainly is getting interesting!
Apr 20, 2013 12:40 PM

Sep 2011
WTF the kiss was so very unexpected. And that penguin became hilarious once again!

Apr 27, 2013 5:55 AM
Feb 2011
Morani90 said:
I wouldn't say its making any sense yet, as Adam was supposed to be a fetus meant for that human development stuff and not fricking angel. But it certainly is getting interesting!
You mean the Human Instrumentality Project. I just had to go back a few episodes to see Adam's first appearance. Ikari's description of him as the 'first human being' was misleading.
Apr 29, 2013 7:30 AM
Jul 2018

ASUKA KISSING SHINJI!
WHAT IS THAT?!
DAMN. WHY IS COMMANDER IKARI PLANNING? AND USING REI.
May 4, 2013 3:00 PM

Feb 2012
Damn! this is really taking now turn.

Thoughts from Episode 15

So Commander and Ikari are planning that Human Istrumentality plan and now something called "Mardok Institute" and Kaji is having sidejob which NERV didn't knew about.

The wedding was nice change for all EVA action and final reveal place of The First Angel called ADAM was really mysterious.

Why Ikari didn't said anything Shinji when they were visiting his mother Yui in graveyard and why there is no body. Where is it?? (plot hole) Why there is no pictures and why Rei blushed when Shinji said that Rei seems like her mother. What Ikari is planning with Rei in that underground facility.

Kaji is gentleman and also spy interesting.

Best parts: Discovering ADAM, Misato and Kaji's kiss, Shinji and Asuka''s kiss LOL :DD

Hope Misato don't do anything to Kaji I like his character overall. Nice music was going on when Ritsuko, Kaji and Misato were drinking in that night club. Misato said same stuff about her revenge for Angels and joining NERV. And lied also to Kaji.

Still Kaji wasn't angry and took care of her. That's real gentleman.
May 4, 2013 3:07 PM

Oct 2012
Mixxu said:

Why Ikari didn't said anything Shinji when they were visiting his mother Yui in graveyard and why there is no body. Where is it?? (plot hole) Why there is no pictures and why Rei blushed when Shinji said that Rei seems like her mother. What Ikari is planning with Rei in that underground facility.

While I cannot explain anything else you mentioned due to spoilers, why did you consider that a plothole (in the bold)?
That gravesite is like the equivalent for soldiers that have a cross as their 'tomb', as in, the body was not found. That's a common thing done in reality.

For the record, it shouldn't be considered a plothole. A plothole implies you watched the whole series first and then went back to that scene and noticed it wasn't explained. It's like calling a mystery story a huge plothole when you don't finish it.
ShoryuMay 4, 2013 3:21 PM

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
May 4, 2013 4:22 PM

Feb 2012
I see Thanks for explaining this to me :)
May 23, 2013 1:11 AM

Jul 2012
Really cool episode, lots of development.
Jun 29, 2013 7:34 AM

Dec 2012
Lol, probably one of the most memorable kiss scenes in anime ever. Damn, another anime should have something like this. Especially with this kind of passive main character and aggressive female character.

I can't help laughing when Shinji turned from normal to red to blue though, LOL
Aug 5, 2013 2:00 PM

Jul 2013
I loved this episode even though there wasn't any action!

Asuka kissing Shinji for so long and saying she didn't like it was hilarious!

I loved Kaji and Misato together.

Finding out what Adam was = awesome!
Aug 31, 2013 4:26 AM

Dec 2012
Ahh my favorite episode of the series despite the lack of action.
Asuka really got punched in the gut two times this episode, first by Shinji and then Kaji.
Damn you Shinji!!!! I'll never forgive you for that kiss with Asuka man, never! At least hold the girl who just made herself vulnerable for your coward ass!
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Sep 1, 2013 9:57 PM

Jul 2013
Def one of my fav eps so far. Lots of character development. Best part was asukas and shinjis kiss.
Sep 9, 2013 9:54 PM

Sep 2011
Well that sure is a way to shut a woman up.

As for the ending, holy shit, this is getting pretty deep! Looking forward to learn more about this "Adam".
Oct 13, 2013 9:40 PM
Jul 2018
I like that kissing scene with Misato and Kaji. That kiss scene between Shinji and Asuka, though, was a bit... odd? LOL
And that ending with the first angel has me hooked! On to the next episode now! :D
Oct 17, 2013 10:46 AM

Aug 2012
I like Kaji more now, I though he was really suspicious before but it looks like he's helping Misato out, I mean he even let her see Adam. Who was extremely disturbing.
Nov 5, 2013 12:25 AM
Oct 2011
This episode really drives home the point that despite his playboy exterior Kaji really cares for Misato as it is obviously tearing him up to see her hurting like that. in fact I would not be surprised if the flirting is Kaji's way of dealing with his own hedgehog's dilemma.

Last but not least, Asuka master of the mixed message.
Dec 23, 2013 1:25 AM

Aug 2007
I feel really bad for Misato.
She has a lot of internal conflicts and it just proves that things don't magically get better when you grow up unless you resolve them. It made me tear up to here her confessions to Kaji.

As for the conversation between Shinji and his dad about the mom...
Something isn't right about it. I'm dreading what connection it has with Rei as well.

Dec 25, 2013 10:55 PM

Jan 2013
Oh man Adam, this is going to be good. Why would they keep this from her? Too many secrets.

I knew something would happen between Shinji and Asuka. Next Asuka will be trying to get him to grab her boobs or something huh. Silly kids.

I too wonder what all this relates to Rei. She might be Shinji's dad's favorite but I feel like that comes with a price. I hope she doesn't die :(
Jan 16, 2014 8:18 PM
Aug 2013
Probably one of the best episodes so far. The kissing scene with Asuka and Shinji was hilarious and the revelation of that thing called Adam is really making the get really good. Bonus points for the character development in the episode as well.
Feb 18, 2014 6:39 PM

Aug 2013
Adam looks freaky O__O

And that kiss between Asuka and Shinji was funny. I was wondering why he was turning blue, then I remembered Asuka was holding his nose lol
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 18, 2014 11:32 PM

Oct 2013
so are all the other angels trying to retrieve adam or something
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 25, 2014 10:29 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So the fist Angel is finally shown. Hmm makes me wonder what NERV really is up to.

LOL at Asuka's kiss attack. She looked like she was hungry and deicded to taste Shinji's lips. Highlight of that was the Penguin that just looked at them and went into its room as if nothing happened.

Penguin: "Oh the kiddos are making out, about time they get to it. I'll leave them alone and go back to watching Attack on Penguin"

May 19, 2014 9:41 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode. So we find that Nerv is holding Adam (One of the angels) captive, and the angels are most likely after him. Also, more character development! Asuka kissing Shinj because she was bored was hilarious, but I seriously doubt she was bored, I bet she loves him but won't admit it. Why would a girl kiss a boy because she is bored for no reason? She definitely loves him.
Jun 7, 2014 8:12 AM

Aug 2013
I like the relationship between Shinji and Asuka lol. They are so funny together. Dat kiss.
My Candies:
Jun 28, 2014 9:54 PM

Aug 2013
Yay! More Misato x Kaji action woohoo!! Also, Kaji is SUPER shady but I think he has his heart in the right place. Don't quote me on that.

Pen Pen in this episode killed me. When Shinji stopped playing the cello and Pen Pen was all incensed. I laughed a little bit right there.

So "Adam", is the first angel and this has me wondering how on earth this relates to the Human Instrumentality Project. The "first human being" was an angel? Whaaaaat
Sep 12, 2014 7:33 PM

Mar 2013
Really interesting episode, I really liked it.

- Asuka and Shinji's kiss was really odd, but still funny to watch. I really like them as a couple.
- At first, I didn't like how smug and suspicious Kaji was. Of course, after this episode, my views on Kaji changed
- I wonder what Misato will do now.
- Gendo, what are you doing to Rei and why does she seem okay with all of this? I'm starting to think Rei is an artificial human produced by Gendo and Nerv.
- Adam grew a lot from the first time we saw him. I wonder what NERV is planning to do with him/it. Adam's captivity is probably the reason why more Angels are attacking Tokyo-3 and NERV.
Nov 5, 2014 6:25 PM

Sep 2014
!!!

This show is so fucking good. The only thing I don't like about it is the art, but that's to be expected cause it's old as fuck
Nov 28, 2014 3:00 PM

Jul 2014
That Shinji x Asuka kiss though, LOL.
Dec 9, 2014 10:09 AM

Nov 2013
The penguin just walking on through LOL.

Episodes always tend to end very suddenly, they'll have barely finished their sentence and the to be continued will pop up D:
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 9, 2014 1:42 PM

Aug 2013
Shinji screwed up his piece. Well not like he played it that well anyway...
But I'm happy to hear some Bach cello suite :D
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Dec 15, 2014 11:51 PM

Oct 2013
Fill my heart with song and let me sing forever more
Dec 26, 2014 5:47 PM

Apr 2014
The irony between the wedding scene and Shinji & Gendo at Yui's grave was so cool. And the flow between the different scenes this ep was just A+. Gahh I loved when Shinji was playing his cello. So nice.
Jan 10, 2015 7:30 AM

Dec 2012
Well this episode was a bit boring first like 15 minutes, but the end was really interesting. Wonder what will happen next.
Feb 14, 2015 6:28 AM
Dec 2013
Sordan said:
Well this episode was a bit boring first like 15 minutes, but the end was really interesting. Wonder what will happen next.

agreed was bored as hell for most of the episode but in the end it got finally got interesting
Asuka is fucking annoying though
Rei is soo much more awesome imho
FuckMAl4132Feb 14, 2015 7:07 AM
Feb 17, 2015 3:35 AM

Oct 2013
wow... that ending... damn. The image of Adam crucified is one of the most unsettling things I've seen in awhile. This symbolism is OP.

Lmfao @ the kiss scene

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 24, 2015 3:45 PM

Feb 2015
I wonder where Kaji's loyalties lie or is he in just to learn the truth about all of this ? Asuka couldn't get Keji's attention so she kissed Shinji instead. Not quitting cello because no one else told him to is so typical Shinji but he played good though.
Apr 23, 2015 7:14 AM

Dec 2013
Not even Rei/10
Apr 29, 2015 8:24 AM
Nov 2014
Damn, Adam is one ugly ass motherfucker. Shinji and Asuka kissing = gr8 m8.

Rei being naked and Misato being all emo and shit doesn't stop me from liking this gr8 episode.
May 16, 2015 7:03 PM

Aug 2014
Adam is creepy as fuck. I love him (it?).
May 30, 2015 11:06 AM

Jan 2013
Asuka and Shinji have their first kiss, Shinji nearly fainted though after not being able to breathe. (Pinguin just acting like he didnt see it at all :D)
Katsuragi being tipsy and telling some of her deepest thoughts to Kaji.

We got to see Rei in a machine filled with LCL I'm guessing, small taste of what's to come.
And suddenly we get to see Adam (First Angel) with a Lance of Longinus stuck in it.
Jun 22, 2015 8:45 PM

Sep 2014
Drinking is bad for you, just like boredom. Ep 15.

Pros:
Plot-laid back ep. Mostly seeing into the lives of everyone without Angels for a bit. It's got two stories focusing on the young new generation and the older. Misato contemplates things while Kaji seeks to understand. Shinji is eternally confused

Character-This is oddly enough, a couple ep. Featuring two very parallel groups. Misato and Kaji got the most spotlight. His work seems like it will get him killed one day while Misato should never drink. It leads to father talk and she definitely doesn't need to go into there without therapy.

On the other side of couples, Shinji and Asuka. Like Kaji, Asuka is wrapped up in her own thing but the killing might not happen...depends on what guy she might leave hanging. Shinji's issues seem to be slowly be resolving themselves with the few chances he gets with his dad.

The four come together with a certain gesture but one side definitely lost. Poor Shinji. Shoulda studied on the subject.

4/5. Character and laid back ep. And take notes from Shinji. Freezing up is not a good decision.

PS: So...Adam was as creepy as I figured. And it answers what Rei did with that lance.
AarroninJun 22, 2015 8:54 PM

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Jun 23, 2015 2:35 PM
Jul 2014
This may end up being a spoiler, but I have a small suspicion that Shinji's mother may have been placed in Eva 00. There's definitely something significant to Shinji talking about Rei's motherly actions, and Ritsukos mom placed her personality within Magi. And it explains the relationship between Rei and Shinjis dad. As the kids are synchronizing with the Eva's perhaps the two are merging in personalities, sorry if I explained that awkwardly. Still it doesn't explain why Eva 00 went berserk(wanting to kill Ritsuko or Rei), maybe The real Rei is wantin her body back?

I still don't understand NERVS goals, in some instances it seems as though Shinjis dads really wants to save humanity, yet since the incident where Katsuragi had to stop the nuclear explosion I've gone wary of them. The story is starting to pick up and I'm enjoying it!
Jun 29, 2015 6:00 PM

Dec 2009
Keeping a angel pinned to a wall is pretty sick. No wonder they keep getting attacked.
Such junk...
Jul 2, 2015 10:53 PM

Dec 2011
There were a lot of interesting revelations this episode, like Kaji's real job, NERV's many, many secrets, and seeing Rei in a tank of LCL. Also interesting to see what LCL is...

Also, Asuka, kind of mean of her to pinch Shinji's nose while kissing, and then run away to wash her mouth out in disgust... But that's Asuka for you.

I wonder why everyone in the comments automatically assumed the angel pinned to the wall was Adam? Just because of the first comment????

As always, more symbolic religious references... I should be commenting more on the forums, but whatever.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

then - Feb 6, 2008

268 by katto_al_ameer »»
Yesterday, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

287 by Legal1234 »»
May 23, 6:21 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 13, 2007

196 by Legal1234 »»
May 23, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CitizenGeek - Mar 27, 2008

269 by Legal1234 »»
May 22, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

CitizenGeek - Mar 27, 2008

168 by MelloRl »»
May 20, 6:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.