Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2014 2:16 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And another pirate turns up with the blind guy. And it's cute how Jim is taking care of his mother. I had to lol though about that little girl casually handing Jim a gun. Good ol' times.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 16, 2015 1:38 AM
Aug 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I had to lol though about that little girl casually handing Jim a gun. Good ol' times.

that part was really something else
instead of stopping him... here take my grandfather's loaded gun
Jun 25, 2015 12:33 PM

Sep 2010
How long are they going to keep Billy's body there? xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 26, 2016 5:38 PM

Jul 2010
Oh wow, I see Lilly is already waifu maerial for our main character, pleasantly surprised see didn't whine or anything like that.

Also RIP Billy Bones.
Feb 6, 2017 4:29 PM

Jun 2015
The gun... The "let's count the money" of a dead man in order to be honest. Hilarious.
Jun 23, 2017 2:17 PM
Aug 2014
Jim taking his mother with him to to prevent him not being there to protect her really raised my opinion of him.
Jan 21, 2018 5:39 AM

Nov 2016
Rip Billy Bones.

Pirates in front of the tavern, that doesn't look good.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 4, 2019 1:20 AM

Apr 2013
So I guess it really begins from now.
Some parts were stupid here like the little girl giving Jim the gun or his mother wasting time to count the money
Jan 7, 2023 3:04 PM

Jun 2010
I don't mean to complain when this adaptation changes things from the original novel or adds things (indeed given its length it will have to and that sounds interesting) but I'll comment on some things.

Billy is closer to Jim than in the orginal, where he never told him, or anyone, about any treasure. He also starts drinking right after his first collapse earlier in the story despite Dr. Livesey's advice, which makes it more believable that the second attack kills him. In this episode it's as if siwgging some rum kills him almost instantly., otherwise it had nothing to do with it and it was just the fear from his encounter with Pew; both are somewhat strange.

Pew having "blind swordsman" skills strikes me as a strange as I believe his blindness is intended to have come relatively recently due to injury and is emblematic of the detriments of his violent life as a pirate.

in the novel the "black spot" is a summons to a meeting and there's no particular reason to think this custom is more widespread among pirates that in Captain Flint's old crew. The notion that any pirate would take Billy's life now that he's been given the spot is odd since how would they know he's "marked"? Moreoever, pirates don't need much of an excuse to kill each other over treasure. Rather than the spot explicitly threatening Billy's life, he's clearly worried that at the meeting the other pirates will decide they want him dead. "For what?" lends some tension and a sense of discovery to what comes soon; it's probably got something to do with that package in his truck, after all.
Sep 19, 2023 4:36 AM
Apr 2017
im super excited. even though Captain billy's death was a bit disappointing but at the same time i looove that it was unexpected of him to die withought an actual fight. cant wait for the one leg man to appear next episode

More topics from this board

Poll: » Takarajima Episode 26 Discussion

Klonoa7H - Aug 26, 2012

20 by Teirayo »»
Aug 24, 2023 3:39 PM

» How does this compare to the more famous russian version?

anizawa89 - Jul 23, 2023

1 by Ichijo_HikaruHDD »»
Jul 23, 2023 2:33 PM

Poll: » Takarajima Episode 1 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Feb 4, 2014

10 by johneaston »»
Jul 20, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Takarajima Episode 23 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Feb 8, 2014

8 by Deuc3prod »»
Jun 13, 2023 4:05 PM

Poll: » Takarajima Episode 2 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Feb 4, 2014

9 by Teirayo »»
May 24, 2023 10:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.