Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 4, 2014 3:20 AM

May 2013
I honestly don't mind who he ends up with as long as it isn't Nagi. I mean, their whole relationship is built on a lie (the whole initial kidnapping/confession incident) and Hayate's never shown any affection of that sort towards her. I think he's best suited as a parental figure towards Nagi.

My top choices for who he ends up with would be Hinagiku (the obvious favourite), Maria (very unlikely) and Ruka (unlikely) in that order.
Sep 20, 2014 5:10 AM
Mar 2013
mugihat said:
I honestly don't mind who he ends up with as long as it isn't Nagi. I mean, their whole relationship is built on a lie (the whole initial kidnapping/confession incident) and Hayate's never shown any affection of that sort towards her. I think he's best suited as a parental figure towards Nagi.

My top choices for who he ends up with would be Hinagiku (the obvious favourite), Maria (very unlikely) and Ruka (unlikely) in that order.

Actually there were some hints of him liking Nagi even in series 1 (though his hints with her are the least). That said though, Season 1 he was mostly into Maria, season 2 very clearly liked Hinagiku. The anime-only Season 3 (series 2) obviously it was Nagi given the confession scene and how it went (it's implied he did return her feelings given the way the scene went), season 4 I couldn't tell (and seemed like they retconed the confession scene given all the girls are still trying to win him over).

Of all of them, I think I'd want him to end up with Hinagiku. They've already gave us HayatexNagi for season 3, so I'd prefer he ended up with someone else next time (prefably Hinagiku).
RoychopAug 20, 2015 12:00 PM
Sep 20, 2014 9:13 AM
Mar 2013
On to the episode. Nagi's reason for stopping the girls in the situation at hand was pretty stupid (I literually could not suspend my disbelief in that entire scene). Hayate may still be her butler, but that does not help Nagi's argument at all, and Nagi was not thinking about how this would affect all her friends and Hayate and how deeply they would all suffer knowing she would never wake up again (especialy Hayate). She's willing to forever be asleep and put all of her friends and Hayate through so much pain and suffering...just because of not wanting anyone to give him a single kiss to save her!? I know a kiss is special to Nagi, but that is a really stupid reason in this situation (and Hayate was being stupid as well making it look like a big deal in this situation). And why were they all agreeing with her!? She really presented no decent arguments. The you'll protect me last part in particular was a load of bullcrap...what is the point of him protecting you if you will never wake up (I was expecting someone to slap her after that line and call her out on how stupid she's being)!? I heavily despise scenes like this where the character(s) treats a kiss like they're giving up something big in order to save someone else from something. This is without question my most detested scene in the entire series.

While I think this episode and the last one were kind of botched, the first 10 were still good and stood on their own to me. Though I personally rate this one closer to a 7 than the previous 3 seasons.
RoychopNov 23, 2015 6:10 PM
Oct 9, 2014 6:28 AM

Feb 2012
mugihat said:

Agree! I very much wouldn't want him to end up with Nagi. And I also agree with your order of top 3 choices.

Obviously seasons 1 & 2 were the best, but I'd say this is better than season 3. It sorta had the HnG "feel" back, though the mysterious narrator, Tama, the other small cat, Klaus, Wataru (and his maid) and the nun weren't recurring much. :(
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 14, 2016 10:58 AM

Feb 2013
Great season, just like before.

8/10
Apr 27, 2016 6:27 PM

Jun 2012
been long since i watched last season but it felt like this season has changed alot and that is kinda felt different then the hayate i know but somehow i cant determine if that is bad or good since i still enjoyed this seasons pretty much.

only question that is on my mind is that a tan was hayates first lover and missteress if you check her charachter page it says so but wasn't she way younger then hayate so the lover part seem a bit like a lie and i do not know where this was even mentioned maybe another season but its to long ago for me to remmember.

the for head kiss kinda suprised me since he didn't seem to be aiming for that when he tried to kiss a tan or his teacher.

so nagi her parents are now officialy named king and queen troll.

8/10. it just kept me enjoyed okay certainly could have some more spice in it sometime but even with out the spice some how this season stil tasted good enough.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Nov 4, 2016 9:47 PM

Jun 2013
Well, looks like HinaxHayate will only ever happen in my dreams.

Overall, I loved this series, especially the characters. Wish there was more. I liked it more than the previous season.
Nov 5, 2016 8:07 AM

Nov 2012
Hamelin said:
Well, looks like HinaxHayate will only ever happen in my dreams.

Overall, I loved this series, especially the characters. Wish there was more. I liked it more than the previous season.

Continue with manga, you will love Golden Week Arc.
Nov 30, 2017 11:55 PM
May 2017
Finally of the end of the final season. 101 episodes in total, 40 hours of Hayate. Why do I commit to things like this?
Dec 25, 2019 1:04 PM

Aug 2017
Hayate had his chance with pop idol, didn't capitalize. Nice harem ending

Jun 30, 2023 7:30 AM

Nov 2010
The fight between Hayate and Yukiji looked cool.
I wish Hayate kissed Hinagiku!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Hayate the combat butler season 5??

chrisedmonds - May 5, 2017

19 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 16, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2013

32 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 30, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2013

39 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 30, 2023 5:55 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2013

25 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 27, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2013

36 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 27, 2023 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.