Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2007 1:54 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, so far, so YUA; same characters, same ideas, same methods. The script is also no better; "Why couldn't I win?"...because you've never played a game before? Does this somehow surprise you? Looks better animation-wise, but then the first TV series was pretty good too for the first four episodes, and there was quite a drop-off after that. Things of note:

-Given the large amount of action and the fact it's called "full throttle", does this mean more by way of high speed chases, and less by way of helping grannies on scooters do shopping and those damn detestably boring Strike Man episodes? I surely hope so.

-How come Nakajima suddenly sucks at pursuit?

-Was Aoi's transvestitism not mentioned because there wasn't time, or is this being quietly sidelined?

-I smell hugely annoying recurring character in the Randy Hammond kid. Sadly. Got to be better than the little deaf kid or the one that liked slapping boobs in the live action series though.

-Is this series part funded by the police or something? All that "I'll take you to my castle" and the implicit police = samurai idea seems really propogandist and one-sided to me.

Anyway, it's great fun stuff to turn your brain off and slump in front of, is my verdict. Given that it's so totally undemanding, I'll probably be watching this to the end unless it suddenly becomes really amazingly bad somehow.
Jun 24, 2008 8:39 PM

Sep 2007
Loved it! I especially loved the new animation (and really wishes the first two seasons were the same) and the car chase scene was really well done. In regards to two the above complaints...

2. "How come Nakajima suddenly sucks at pursuit?"- uhh they kind of had just a small head start with oh you know the fact he had to run all the way back to his bike and the black car barely made that lane change onto the off ramp... sooo yeah...

3. "Aoi's transvestitism" - because maybe its not that important...

Jul 8, 2008 5:19 PM

Jan 2008
YourMessageHere said:
Well, so far, so YUA

to some of us, that's a good thing.
Aug 19, 2009 10:12 AM

Jun 2008
Episodes 1 and 2 was an excellent start to this new series. To bad it got worse as the season progressed.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jun 14, 2017 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
No Tokairin really hurts, I thought he brought out Natsumi's character and was generally an interesting guy to have in the show. It lacks the charm that the first couple of series had even if the animation is a bit more consistent.
Oct 17, 2021 1:25 PM

Jun 2010
The CG for cars and roads is kind of ugly but silly plots with car chases is really what You're Under Arrest should be; if the tepid sitcom of the previous series doesn't reappear I'll be happy. Can't say I'll miss Saori since her entire shtick was being new and that doesn't wash so well in a whole new series.
Nov 25, 2022 6:01 PM

Sep 2020
Love the hotness of the OP, the girls' suppleness really on point!

And that yuri-esque ED is also fire (pun intended).

Plus Miyuki's seductive look in the eyecatch, oh yes!

Shame about Saori, I really liked her and was hoping to see her loosen up and become another mischief maker. But I guess the fan hate was too strong. RIP
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Jan 27, 2023 10:40 PM

Oct 2018
This season really feels like a step backwards from YUA2:Fast & Furious. Saori was unceremoniously transferred from Bokuto Station and it’s as though Shoji Tokairin never existed as far as the cast of characters is concerned. Really a bummer considering the artwork was quite a bit better this season, too bad the music took a big step down and sounds like soulless elevator music a lot of the time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle Episode 15 Discussion

cyruz - May 20, 2008

5 by MKSTEEL »»
Jan 27, 2023 11:03 PM

Poll: » You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle Episode 20 Discussion

Dodecahedron-O24 - Aug 19, 2009

10 by MKSTEEL »»
Jan 27, 2023 10:31 PM

Poll: » You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle Episode 24 Discussion

Dodecahedron-O24 - Dec 26, 2009

3 by SlammyHammy »»
Nov 25, 2022 5:48 PM

Poll: » You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle Episode 23 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 26, 2009

5 by SlammyHammy »»
Nov 25, 2022 5:26 PM

Poll: » You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle Episode 14 Discussion

cyruz - May 10, 2008

6 by Fronzel »»
Oct 23, 2021 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.