Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 22, 2012 12:22 PM
Sep 2007
The question is should I watch this? After reading most of the reviews it seems like a horrible sequel.
I am a huge huge fan of the first anime and it is also my #1 favourite. Everything is so good about the first anime. The characters, the world, the mystery, the soundtracks and all other things. So I get this feeling I should not watch this one.

Is there anyone else who love the first one who have not seen the sequel yet?
Nov 22, 2012 12:22 PM
Nov 2010
"Should I watch this?"

No.
Nov 22, 2012 12:40 PM

Jul 2012
Skip the internet drama over anime. That's what you should skip.

Watch it, it's confusing, but it's worth it.

Also, contrary to popular opinion, I think that any sequel > no sequel.
LogicielNov 22, 2012 12:44 PM
Critic.
Nov 22, 2012 2:19 PM
Sep 2007
Yeah I was thinking any sequel better than nothing but after all it's my most favourite anime so I don't want to be disappointed but I may watch few episodes to see how it is.
Nov 22, 2012 2:26 PM

Jan 2008
I gave Eureka Seven a 10. I gave Eureka Seven Ao a 6.

Honestly, the only thing that saved E7A for me was: one, the fact that it is part of the E7 franchise and two the OST.
Nov 22, 2012 3:25 PM

Dec 2009
Skip it. It doesn't know what kind of series it wants to be and destroys the original's ending while at it by going against what it stood for.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 22, 2012 3:36 PM

Jul 2012
i say you should watch it anyway, despite the bad reviews from some of us.
Nov 23, 2012 2:57 AM
Sep 2010
It had a terrible conclustion that wasn't satisfying at all. The plot is all over the place and you'll constantly be waiting for things to connect only to be disappointed.

Nevertheless, I won't deny that up until I saw the last two episodes, I was enjoying it somewhat. It has great visuals and music. The GenBleu characters were enjoyable. But the plot is a giant clusterfuck once you get about 6-7 episodes in and a certain character shows up.

Its kind of hard to explain in a sense. Its not like other bad anime where you just end up dropping it because you're bored. This anime was able to keep me interested during most of its course. I never considered dropping it. But the reason I call it "bad" is because I actually FELT bad after finishing this show. "Wasted potential" is the most accurate descriptor in this case.

Because of the fact that I was entertained while watching this show, I won't advise against watching it. But it was still a bad show, and you shouldn't expect anything out of the plot. Just watch it for the pretty visuals, likable characters (sans 2) and amazing music.
Nov 23, 2012 5:44 AM

Jul 2012
Then again, reading forum drama over an anime doesn't really help you enjoy it once you watch it.
Critic.
Nov 23, 2012 9:56 AM

Jun 2010
If you're a fan to the original series, then just pretend that this sequel never exist..
Nov 23, 2012 10:06 AM
Sep 2007
Thanks for the response. I have decided to watch it when I have the time, I think. Maybe I should first re-watch the prequel too. :)
Nov 24, 2012 12:52 AM

Sep 2009
Z-flame said:
"Should I watch this?"

No.

HELL NO.

Niko-kun said:

Also, contrary to popular opinion, I think that any sequel > no sequel.

Do not listen to this person, this is delusional thinking and it should be stomped out.

That's like saying, "I've had a very satisfying dinner and I'm full beyond belief....but there's always room for desert!", just no. Odds are you'll end up regurgitating everything out because you over stuffed yourself. Which is exactly the type of effect this show resonates; the kind that you wish you could take back that first bite of desert.

I mean even if you'd consider this as a stand alone it's still not watching since there are plenty of other decent series that are floating around. Honestly, those last two episodes just throw every good time you had with previous episode out the window to the point where you just go, "F&@K THIS S^!T".
LordLagannNov 24, 2012 12:58 AM
Nov 25, 2012 1:02 PM

Apr 2011
It's up to you I didn't care for but that doesn't mean you'll like it.
Nov 26, 2012 6:48 PM
Nov 2012
I would suggest not watching it. It was very shallow and had no character or theme development. Its plot was really convoluted and was poorly thought out. If you loved the original series, don't watch this. AO's plot completely undoes all of the themes and outcomes in E7. The whole "live in harmony despite differences" theme basically turns into "damn, should have killed them when we had the chance."
Nov 27, 2012 10:30 PM

Sep 2010
The old cast isn't in this even though its a direct sequel NOT EVEN AS SUPPORTING CHARACTERS = fail. So nope I'm not watching it. xD

I just hope that Funimation rescues the first series so I don't have to buy Bandai's overpriced OOP sets.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 30, 2012 3:03 PM

Apr 2012
dark_vivec said:
It had a terrible conclustion that wasn't satisfying at all. The plot is all over the place and you'll constantly be waiting for things to connect only to be disappointed.

Nevertheless, I won't deny that up until I saw the last two episodes, I was enjoying it somewhat. It has great visuals and music. The GenBleu characters were enjoyable. But the plot is a giant clusterfuck once you get about 6-7 episodes in and a certain character shows up.

Its kind of hard to explain in a sense. Its not like other bad anime where you just end up dropping it because you're bored. This anime was able to keep me interested during most of its course. I never considered dropping it. But the reason I call it "bad" is because I actually FELT bad after finishing this show. "Wasted potential" is the most accurate descriptor in this case.

Because of the fact that I was entertained while watching this show, I won't advise against watching it. But it was still a bad show, and you shouldn't expect anything out of the plot. Just watch it for the pretty visuals, likable characters (sans 2) and amazing music.

This is an incredibly accurate description of this anime. And "wasted potential" is a great way to describe it as well. Everything about this anime is sort of unfinished. It's like they had a bunch of good ideas, couldn't decide on just one, so they threw them all together to make it confusing and annoying alot of the time. Character development was okay for some characters and then bad for others. Overall it was just a big disappointment in my opinion.
Nov 30, 2012 8:32 PM

Jul 2012
Yes you should watch it . People say things because others are saying it's bad so they come to a conclusion that it's bad as well. I recommend watching it and judging it for yourself.
Most of the people that didn't like it are people that find romance necessary in order for an anime to be good but tbh romance is in every anime I personally think it gets old.

People didn't like this because it wasn't as long as it's predecessor with 50 episodes people were able to see the cast growth as a whole, that what I think if this was given the same most people would like it and some people wanted romance me not being a fan of romance it was a nice change from the regular cliche lines from last series. I love you....i'll protect you...we'll be together forever that stuff
and lets not forget the moon heart ...so this was a nice change.

Also
Amon-RawDec 1, 2012 9:02 AM
Nov 30, 2012 9:38 PM

Apr 2012
Amon-Raw said:
Yes you should watch it . People say things because others are saying it's bad so they come to a conclusion that it's bad as well. I recommend watching it and judging it for yourself.
Most of the people that didn't like it are people that find romance necessary in order for an anime to be good but tbh I romance is in every anime I personally think it gets old.

People didn't like this because it wasn't as long as it's predecessor with 50 episodes people were able to see the cast growth as a whole, that what I think if this was given the same most people would like it and some people wanted romance me not being a fan of romance it was a nice change from the regular cliche lines from last series. I love you....i'll protect you...we'll be together forever that stuff

Also

Ehhh, I'm kinda leaning more to the fact that people say it's bad because it really isn't that good -__-

I personally am a fan of romance stories but that's not what disappointed me here. I am fine with there not being any/very little romance. But about the character growth, that is very true. Many characters were not developed enough and made the series seem lacking.

But I haven't really heard of people putting this down for the Renton/Eureka disappearing thing. That one is news to me
Dec 1, 2012 8:55 AM
Sep 2010
Amon-Raw said:

Also

Not really. There's going to be spoilers in this post, fyi. Also some Steins;Gate spoilers so if you haven't read/seen that you should probably not read this.

Sorry if my post is a bit incoherent, I'm not too good at properly conveying my train of thought. Insert subtle joke about Ao's writers here.
Dec 1, 2012 9:10 AM

Jul 2012
dark_vivec said:
Amon-Raw said:

Also

Not really. There's going to be spoilers in this post, fyi. Also some Steins;Gate spoilers so if you haven't read/seen that you should probably not read this.

Sorry if my post is a bit incoherent, I'm not too good at properly conveying my train of thought. Insert subtle joke about Ao's writers here.

Well you kind of backed up on what I said early which was cast growth also romance is usually when romance is not present most people feel the anime is missing a huge plot hole or something which is not the case, because most anime tend to introduce romance in virtually every story the new take on Eureka where there is no apparent romance compared to its romance heavy predecessor is what I personally think gives people a bad taste in their mouth.
Dec 5, 2012 8:36 AM

Aug 2009
You will not lose anything if you skip it.
Dec 5, 2012 10:10 AM

Mar 2008
My theory is, watch it. In fact don't listen to anyone and watch what you want to watch. Then once you finish it, you can go rage in the 23/24 discussion.
Dec 5, 2012 10:33 AM

Mar 2008
Amon-Raw said:
dark_vivec said:
Amon-Raw said:

Also

Well you kind of backed up on what I said early which was cast growth also romance is usually when romance is not present most people feel the anime is missing a huge plot hole or something which is not the case, because most anime tend to introduce romance in virtually every story the new take on Eureka where there is no apparent romance compared to its romance heavy predecessor is what I personally think gives people a bad taste in their mouth.

I actually liked the series quite a bit and i spent 1 day watching 18 episodes, then finish it next day. I was quite hook to find out what happen to Renton and eureka after event of first series and overall was hooked. Then episode 23 and 24 happened and i was like "No, this series never happened" and "The End" which leave me in a wtf state.

Now for spoiler part

Longer =/= better, in fact i turn away from mainstream series like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail BECAUSE it is so long. A good series have just enough to tell everything and keep everything interesting. Usually around 26 episodes is enough to cover everything that need to be told.

Personally, if it had been a 50 ep series, it MIGHT have gone better since they can go further into story and devevelopment. HOWEVER it is "NOT" 50 episodes and that fact will not change and this is the series we got. People is judging based on fact that is right now, not IF IT HAD BEEN 50 EPISODES.
YggdrasilDec 5, 2012 10:39 AM
Dec 26, 2012 6:33 AM

Jun 2008
Watch what? I have no idea what you are talking about.
Dec 26, 2012 7:30 PM
Jul 2011
Monad said:

Well it kinda is in the E7:AO forum :P

And yes, you should. It's not as good as the original but I liked it. :)
Dec 26, 2012 11:48 PM
Sep 2012
XzaR said:
The question is should I watch this? After reading most of the reviews it seems like a horrible sequel.
I am a huge huge fan of the first anime and it is also my #1 favourite. Everything is so good about the first anime. The characters, the world, the mystery, the soundtracks and all other things. So I get this feeling I should not watch this one.

Is there anyone else who love the first one who have not seen the sequel yet?

I would avoid it if you watched the first one. Or watch the series except for the last 2 episodes.
Dec 27, 2012 9:28 AM

Sep 2011
Monad said:

Then why the bloody hell are you here then
Dec 28, 2012 7:05 AM

Oct 2008
Yggdrasil said:

You didn't understand the ending; if you care enough, ask in the 23/24 thread, and we can discuss it.

There's holes in AO's story, but not as many as people think.
Dec 28, 2012 7:33 AM

Mar 2012
Amon-Raw said:
Most of the people that didn't like it are people that find romance necessary in order for an anime to be good but tbh romance is in every anime I personally think it gets old.

Also

Actually, I'm going to disagree with you.

I consider myself a romance anime fan. When I walked into Eureka Seven AO, I wasn't EXPECTING romance. Yes, I did watch the original Eureka Seven and yes, I did love it's romance elements. If AO had romance in it, great...as long as it fits and isn't forcing a relationship that isn't there. If it doesn't have romance, no big deal...just as long as the story and characters are good.

Unfortunately, that isn't the case. The story is convoluted as all hell and it doesn't do a very good job of developing characters. Well, I might be one of the few that actually did like the dynamic between Ao and his teammates Fleur and Elena. I'm not even going to get into the "well, it only had 25 episodes to develop it's characters when E7 had 50" debate. There are 12 episode animes that can do a better job of developing characters than the 25 E7:AO had.

To tell you the truth, I found this show to be fairly entertaining...for a while. However, the final act of the series was extremely underwhelming and if nothing else, it seemed like most of the characters' actions conflicted with their personalities. It seriously felt like Bones rushed this one and didn't think it all the way through.

Like I said, I was completely fine with there being no romance in this series. I remember as I watched this series, I was one of the few E7 fans that WASN'T complaining about a lack of romance. However, the story overall just wasn't very good, it didn't do a good enough job of hashing out the supporting characters outside of Fleur and Elena, and the ending was disappointing for a E7 series. I saw some people say some sequel is better than no sequel. I'll disagree...I really wish I didn't watch this...
Apr 14, 2013 7:27 PM

Apr 2013
I voted yes by accident I meant no. NO, NO, NO times infinity DO NOT WATCH THIS. Even as a stand alone series it is just plain bad it copies off popular series. The first half is Evangelion, Diebuster and Infinite Stratos put together, the second half is Diebuster and Steins; Gate and remove names of characters, groups and the events of most episodes 4 and after are similar to RahXephon especially when the when SPOILER Christophe and the commander of Terra die. And the ending of the show is just plain horrible. Renton and Eureka don't get a happy ending any kids they have will die do to trapar being deadly to Hybrids. End SPOILER
Aqua_ElevenApr 14, 2013 11:45 PM
Apr 30, 2013 8:12 AM

Mar 2011
Ruin everything the original Eureka 7 tied in at the end of it's series, completely destroy the atmosphere and the uniqueness that previous E7s established such as the lack of Ref boarding, introduce horrible characters like The Trusu!, bad copycats such as Generation Blu, introduce pointless characters with no development and zero plot importance, pretty much turn LFOs into plain old robots as well as making an unoriginal enemy up like Secrets, add katana language in as much as fricking possible to seem cool and edgy?, jumble up the history without explanation to confuse old E7 fans, and in general have a horrid plot line. Plus while I couldn't take it to the last episodes, made it 10/24 before getting bored, I've heard the ending sucks. All that was just a summarization of why AO sucks.

In no way would you be considered a bad fan of previous E7s if you skipped this. In fact I'm a fan and I didn't even finish AO. Even disregarding past E7s this anime is a mess.
Jul 1, 2013 10:24 PM

Oct 2009
This is an awful show and if you're a fan of the original you will not like this. I heard this before I watched AO. You kinda have to just find out how bad this is for yourself.

Jul 7, 2013 4:16 AM
Feb 2009
I recently finished the original E7 and thought it was a perfect ending. It gives the characters something to look into the future for (that is, a hopeful future) but it's like saying "life doesn't end just because the series did."

I read spoilers regarding how AO went and how fans reacted to it. I thought what they did to the stars of the previous series sounds atrocious and a real cop out just to start milking some sort of sequel. Some things don't need a sequel, they stand pretty well on their own. Dai Satou did not return to write AO, because he said he finished his story in ep 50 of E7.

I want to thank anyone saying not to watch this if you enjoyed what E7 was about. I'm sorry you had to experience it, but maybe some way to rectify the damage your minds may have incurred is to rewatch the original, it's still a great show.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.