Forum Settings
Forums
THE LEGEND OF THE STRONGEST, KUROSAWA!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2012 1:11 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That's a weird way to cheer himself up.
Oct 26, 2015 3:46 PM

Mar 2013
I think he really should calm down with the alcohol x)
I like how he compare life to a single day.
May 31, 2017 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
That's a genuine 5/5 chapter, brilliant comparison.
Oct 10, 2018 12:41 AM

Nov 2011
Great philosophical chapter really ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Apr 9, 2019 6:58 AM

Jun 2016
I see. Using a thought experiment like that to cheer yourself is a double edged sword for exactly this. At first I thought, you still have half the day Kurosawa. In the day of life you don't need to sleep. But, the morning of your life is like waking up, you're a baby and you can't do anything. And the end of your life is like getting tired and settling down and going to bed. Retiring and all that. So, I think this is a bitter but fair comparison. One that makes you feel better the younger you are.

According to that it's only 7am for me. I have a long time to 'fix my life'. But for Kurosawa he feels like it's too late. I must say, I could understand how he felt this chapter. I was so happy for him to be shown appreciating the freedom he had earned. He was able to appreciate the ability to talk to friends, eat food in a diner, and walk around without fearing for his life. The first pages were adorable for that, he was so gleeful and I laughed so hard when he started to take off his shirt. I was happy that he found such a peaceful philosophy, that happiness is being appreciative of what you have and enjoying a nice meal with your friends. But I can't say I don't understand his downfall. The novelty of freedom got old. He started to question if he should really lie to himself and accept this form of happiness, maybe a little mad at himself for being happy as a failure. I haven't had one of those moments in awhile but I know it well, and I think Fukumoto captures those sad moments that come after happiness well. The first time he left his friends, right before being kidnapped, he had the sadness that the day may have been a fluke and the best day ever was already over. Here, he questioned whether he should be happy this way and decided no.

But, I think living day by day and being grateful for what you have and appreciating it is a fair way to find happiness. I think it's great and its why the fact he found the beauty in such simple things was so sweet to me. Although I understand that can be hard to accept.

P.S. I love these cute old men. Toku was so sweet. He was worried for Kurosawa and reached out to him. His and his friends reactions were also adorable. Woo!!!

Overall this chapter rocked! One of my favorites probably.
May 28, 2023 9:20 PM

Mar 2020
This chapter is one of my favorites
“Life is a constant process of dying.”

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 90 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Aug 10, 2011

38 by H_Erifu »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 68 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 25, 2012

4 by H_Erifu »»
Apr 16, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 60 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Aug 9, 2011

9 by lain877 »»
Apr 14, 3:46 PM

» The official English translation is terrible! Why?!

TheMAM - Aug 4, 2023

4 by TheMAM »»
Aug 5, 2023 1:28 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa Chapter 49 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 24, 2012

13 by Jim_Heart »»
Mar 21, 2023 5:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.