Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2011 9:22 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Better than last episode which was a snore down to the meat and potatoes of baseball though if you're not a baseball fan...well if you're not a baseball fan why you watching this to begin with? LOL.

Well though now I'm getting a pretty sinking feeling poor Yuki is gonna die. It felt like a grim scene...
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
May 3, 2011 9:49 PM

Jun 2008
I'm not a baseball fan and I enjoy this show. I honestly wonder why it seems like this show is getting a lot of hate. I think it's pretty good and I anticipate the rest.
May 3, 2011 9:50 PM

Oct 2009
Another great episode.

I really do wonder if they will be able to make it to nationals. I hope they do, but like with what Yuki said, it's the journey there that counts, so I won't be that disappointed if they don't make it. Minami thinks differently though.

Love that makeshift choir that Minami pulled together, too.

And it did really feel like Yuki was throwing out death flags left and right...it's likely at this point that she could die.
May 3, 2011 11:23 PM

Sep 2009
I don't count myself as a baseball fan. But I'm a manager(or at least will graduate from university with "manager's" diploma soon) so I like it ). And about hate. This show is aimed for quite narrow auditory so of cause it's not liked by average watchers.
May 4, 2011 12:48 AM

Apr 2009
ShadowAlex said:
Better than last episode which was a snore down to the meat and potatoes of baseball though if you're not a baseball fan...well if you're not a baseball fan why you watching this to begin with? LOL.
i actually think that it's because we're not fans of baseball or the sports genre in general that we enjoy this show.. notice the way it skips a lot on the games (no player as a main protagonist, so far no buzzer beater or critically dangerous moments, no excessive player character monologue, no audience from other team commenting on plays, no game taking more than 2 eps or even half an ep, etc) and they focus more on managing the team and exemplifying more stuff from that darn book.. heck, i wouldn't watch this show if it's a straight up baseball anime in the first place.. the premise and the title said it all on what's it actually about and so far, i'm getting what i expected..
May 4, 2011 1:02 AM

Aug 2009
I really liked the scene when they were counting for Kutsuki
1 .. 2 .. 3 .. 4 .. 5 .. 6 !
May 4, 2011 4:50 AM

Aug 2010
Shit is getting real now, they have to play last year's runner up.
May 4, 2011 10:28 AM

Aug 2010
Didn't Minami behave pretty mean against Yuuki? Or is it just me?

May 4, 2011 10:44 AM

Jun 2009
ByeByeMrMoon said:
I wouldn't say she was mean. Minami told Yuuki what she thought. Sure she got pretty emotional saying it, but i guess that just shows how she cares about the team and Yuki, and how she wants them all to get to the natonals together.

argilium said:
i actually think that it's because we're not fans of baseball or the sports genre in general that we enjoy this show.. notice the way it skips a lot on the games (no player as a main protagonist, so far no buzzer beater or critically dangerous moments, no excessive player character monologue, no audience from other team commenting on plays, no game taking more than 2 eps or even half an ep, etc) and they focus more on managing the team and exemplifying more stuff from that darn book.. heck, i wouldn't watch this show if it's a straight up baseball anime in the first place.. the premise and the title said it all on what's it actually about and so far, i'm getting what i expected..
QFT, thank you.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 4, 2011 12:45 PM

Jun 2010
I thought this episode would go like this. The first match they played would take the entire episode and it would be a close match and then the rest of the matches would be easy and then become difficult in the semifinals.

That was pretty mean of Minami. Yuki was just saying what she thought and Minami just shot her down. Yuki was only saying what she thought the team was to her and what they were doing.

May 4, 2011 1:22 PM

Jan 2010
Good episode.
StarbrowMay 4, 2011 2:08 PM
May 4, 2011 1:31 PM
Oct 2010
Ousto said:
And it did really feel like Yuki was throwing out death flags left and right...it's likely at this point that she could die.
My thoughts exactly, that speech was a clear death flag if you ask me...

OrochiPL said:
ByeByeMrMoon said:
I wouldn't say she was mean. Minami told Yuuki what she thought. Sure she got pretty emotional saying it, but i guess that just shows how she cares about the team and Yuki, and how she wants them all to get to the natonals together.
I also think she was mean, though unintentionally. Minami failed to accept the feelings Yuki was trying to convey, thinking rather about the point of view about the team (which isn't that bad, but wasn't even the point.)

Telling off a sick (and possibly dying) girl was not nice. I do hope I'm reading it wrong and Yuki doesn't die (Minami will feel like crap if it does happen.)
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 4, 2011 6:52 PM

Jul 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
I'm not a baseball fan and I enjoy this show. I honestly wonder why it seems like this show is getting a lot of hate. I think it's pretty good and I anticipate the rest.
I'm not a sports fan, but I do like sports anime. As for the hate, people are probably comparing it to other baseball anime they've seen. I know I can't help but see this show as inferior to the other two I've watched (Cross Game and Ookiku). That doesn't make this show bad; it just sort of pales in comparison. If you like this one I'd say watch those other two I mentioned.

I thought it was great how they were cheering for the pitcher using his favorite song. I should've known there was something more to it the way they'd mentioned the song in previous episodes.

"1... 2... 3... 4..." reminded me of "Lead, lead, lead, GO!" in Ookiku. Good times. I liked this episode quite a bit. ^_^
IiliaMay 4, 2011 6:58 PM
May 4, 2011 9:07 PM

Jun 2009
Dear Minami,

When your friend Yuuki was talking about effort versus results as per the team, she wasn't talking about effort versus results as per the team. Please try to read the mood in the future.

Respectfully yours,
Captain Subtext
May 4, 2011 9:35 PM

Sep 2008
Why did Kutsuki quit the track team?
He had like a harem since it's like all girls...

I expect them to lose. Seriously though, I hate to say it, but where the fuck are the Toshiyas?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2011 9:52 PM

Apr 2008
Why does the insert music at around 20:00 sound so familiar? Anyone know what I'm talking about or am I just crazy? :P
May 5, 2011 4:34 AM

Nov 2010
HatenaZubon said:
Why does the insert music at around 20:00 sound so familiar? Anyone know what I'm talking about or am I just crazy? :P

Yes, its very Cross game-ish, the clean overdrive guitar and pronounced bass. But it might be just the style of baseball anime music now.

Anyway I've never seen so many left handed batters as in this episode.
May 5, 2011 3:42 PM

Nov 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Why did Kutsuki quit the track team?
He had like a harem since it's like all girls...
^haha I noticed that too! perhaps he prefers sausage fest XDD

best episode so far, I'm glad their hard work finally yields some fruit. I hope they keep it up :D

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 5, 2011 7:20 PM
Aug 2010
yuki is a goner that's what i think
May 5, 2011 10:18 PM

Apr 2010
A sacrifice squeeze with no outs and a man on 3rd. How freaking dumb can a team get? I know it isn't real but you'd think they'd use some baseball logic

May 14, 2011 9:11 AM

Nov 2009
Game_Master said:
I really liked the scene when they were counting for Kutsuki
1 .. 2 .. 3 .. 4 .. 5 .. 6 !

That crowd was awesome. I actually got a little teary eyed at the singing scene. Despite my apathetic state, i have acquired my parent's trait to cry at the most random things.
May 15, 2011 7:26 AM

May 2010
Ousto said:
Another great episode.

I really do wonder if they will be able to make it to nationals. I hope they do, but like with what Yuki said, it's the journey there that counts, so I won't be that disappointed if they don't make it. Minami thinks differently though.

Love that makeshift choir that Minami pulled together, too.

I agree with everything you said.
Nov 14, 2011 11:38 AM

Feb 2011
best episode so far IMHO
this getting interesting
Jun 26, 2015 1:12 PM

Dec 2008
As somebody who doesn't really know a lot about baseball...what is it they're counting for right before kutsuki runs? ^^"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Moshidora Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 6, 2011

62 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 5, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Moshidora Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - May 5, 2011

40 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 5, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Moshidora Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Apr 25, 2011

62 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 2, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Moshidora Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 26, 2011

43 by removed-user »»
Sep 22, 2019 10:10 PM

Poll: » Moshidora Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 28, 2011

24 by Zekkenshin »»
Jan 26, 2015 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.