Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2011 7:19 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No one speak about this film ?
It's was really good.
The relation between Olivier and Baron.
Or Olivier and Tsubomi.
And Tsubomi is really more beautiful with her long hair.
Mar 31, 2011 3:00 PM

Apr 2008
A filler in every respect. But one of the cases in which the filler (far) surpasses the average episode of the main series.

Olivier war somewhat really cute. His voice sounded somewhat obviously female, but still it was cute. I am ever so much more shocked seeing that he has been voiced by the same person who voices Hana in the Ojamajo Doremi series, who also sounded very cute, but at the other girly extreme.

Nice action scenes with some emitional ones and good OST combination made some good scenes. The scene with the track "Chichi to Ko" is definitely worthwhile.
Apr 8, 2011 11:46 PM

Sep 2008
And suddenly out of nowhere, Coppe.
I was a little disappointed that Moonlight didn't just pwn everyone she fights, but I think the fist>fire thing almost made up for it.
Tsubomi sure was bleh whenever she spoke though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2011 9:09 PM
Sep 2009
Holy toast, that was FANTASTIC. O.O
Just my two cents.
Dec 11, 2011 12:14 PM
Sep 2011
In terms of action I found the movie to have surprisingly less compared to any given TV series episode. But the movie had one thing I love it to death for.

It focused almost entirely on the main characters. Each one gets a turn hanging around with Olivier, talking about their past and how they've overcome their insecurities. Tsubomi in particular stood out since she's usually the least interesting of the main girls, but this movie made me love her.
Jan 27, 2013 11:57 PM

Apr 2012
This film turned out to be pretty good. It doesn't exactly add a whole lot to the characters or the franchise; but it is a fun little story with improved animation (which was already good in the series) and some entertaining fight scenes.

On the whole, this played out like an extended but better than average episode. 7/10.
May 26, 2013 10:56 PM

Mar 2012
It was okay. Smile Movie was better
Dec 8, 2013 5:15 AM

Jul 2008
Tsubomi was highly annoying in this one
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Jan 10, 2015 5:17 AM

Oct 2013
I liked this movie more than the average Heartcatch episode. Which is kind of sad, because in terms of storyline this isn't a masterpiece, so that says a lot of how little I enjoyed the season overall. (Sill, I really do love Tsubomi and Erika)
The past isn't important. What is important is whether or not you can smile right now.
Oct 1, 2016 5:57 AM

Jun 2014
Very good movie.
It was a good decesion to focuson the new character and what he can learn from each of the cures.
The action was pretty good,too.
Jan 5, 2018 10:33 PM
Jul 2018
Spirit Bomb hAAAA

This movie. I can't even. It's perfect.
The animation, the feels, the story, THE FEELS, everything comes together so well I'm cryign

9/10 because 9.5 isn't an option ;-; Seriously why don't more people know about this series?? Sailor Moon isn't all that the magical girl genre has to offer, ya know. Definitely worth rewatching.
Jan 12, 2018 6:13 PM

Apr 2012
Action wise it wasn't much(although we did get some great sequences). But I do like Oliver hanging out with the girls. Pretty good overall.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 19, 2019 11:43 AM

Mar 2017
How fitting that I saw thsi movie right before I go on a day trip to Paris! :D I wanted to make a joke about me looking for some battle damage there of the Precure's fights, but with the yellow jackets torching buildings and shit with their protests right now, that seems kind of inappropriate.

I thought the movie was enjoyable, but I personally think the series was better overall, even when it comes to filler. The movie did some things better than the average episode, and it looked nice... but somehow it felt a bit less dramatic, and while the story of the series wasn't that outstanding to begin with, the movie suffers from being completely detached from those events, while offering little else in terms of story either.

Still, I had fun watching it and it's definitely better than most anime out there.
Apr 14, 2020 4:51 AM

May 2016
Very good movie.

Amazing!!

Baron and Olivier are fan characters and both are in depth. Wish I can say the same for Dune and what reason did the dude ever had for hating Precure

The theme of the series worked well and THAT'S HOW YOU WRITE A SOLID MOVIE.

Miracle lights had a reason and not like the other films.

(Still looking at you Miracle Universe)

Anyway, this is the last time see the team and farewell Heartcatch Precure. Y'all amazing. ^_^
Jul 23, 2020 1:54 PM

Jan 2009
nice side story and nah its not a filler since we saw glimpse of Baron and Olivier on some of the final episodes of the main series when Dr. Sabaku got brainwashed by the mask

Itsuki and Yuri are the best precure for sure though

and i do not mind spin-off series of Cure Ange though the suppose first precure

May 17, 2021 12:31 PM

Feb 2020
That was pretty disappointing. I couldn't care less of that kid. Tsubomi was also a very annoying in this movie.

Erika is always the best character in this show. <3
May 27, 2021 4:03 PM

Aug 2017
When Tsubomi was giving Lu-Garu a new name, she even smiled in an Erikaish way, so cute. Erika herself is so mature here. Baron is a pleasure to watch too, he's charismatic and a bit non-standard for a villain.

Yuri losing to Olivier was pretty anticlimactic. Was she emotionally drained or something? Or was it that plus Olivier's weird hand "cut"? Seems so.

Flute music was a pleasant surprise. Overall, nice to see Rie Matsumoto's debut as a general director!

P.S. Loved the opening and ending themes being performed with the participation of the Precures!
St0rmbladeMay 27, 2021 4:11 PM
Jul 16, 2021 2:13 PM
Dec 2020
Much better than the Fresh movie
Aug 26, 2021 10:32 PM

Jan 2010
Fascinating that, once again, there's favoritism toward Moonlight where Salamander compared her to Cure Ange, the first Precure. I don't mind too much since I like Moonlight, but I'm constantly surprised at how blatant the show praises Moonlight.

Anyways, I actually felt the final fight here was better than the TV series' actual final fight. The conclusion actually progressed linearly without needlessly segmenting the ending, and there was a stronger push for audience support for the Precures to win. Plus, the image of the giant in the Heartcatch Mirage attack punching through a dragon's fire breath is beyond hilarious. This is also my favorite Precure film thus far, not counting the All Stars films. The villain actually had character, and by the end I didn't want anything bad to happen to either Salamander nor Olivier.

Also, I love the lore drops for Precure, as well as the theatrical manner in which Salamander narrated his past. Precures date back to 400 years ago, huh? Interesting stuff.
Feb 6, 2022 3:09 PM

Jun 2008
After watching it (and the series) a second time, I still think the series is better. It's like the movie didn't have what made the series so great: the Cure helping out randoms with their inner demons. Yes, it did focus on the MCs more. What is a good thing? Honestly, it was meh. Everything the movie did, the series did it better.
Apr 4, 2022 3:56 PM

Aug 2020
This movie is on a whole different level than the previous ones. Although the story
plot is quite shallow, the whole animation, art style, sound and other things carried the movie. I am grateful just witnessing Precure movies evolve and improve. Good job

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Sep 2, 2023 5:14 AM
Jun 2021
They sure went from Paris to the Mont Saint-Michel quickly considering how far the two are.

Great movie, I liked how they focused on each character one at a time, although kinda sad Yuri didn't ask Salamender anything about her father. It was a great opportunity.

Poor little guy being called literally werewolf when he was more than that. At least Loup is a real name. Olivier too although kind of old. I'm not sure I liked the ending and the idea that he stays with the man who manipulated and kinda tortured him tho, even turning him into a monster.

I love the idea of Cure Ange, and it's a really good name for a Cure from the 1600, although I was surprised since they reused the name in Hugtto.

The OP/ED being sung by the Cures was amazing. The OP looks really good too. Since Toei was initially in charge of Miraculous, this is the closer we'll ever get to Miraculous as an anime.

Feb 19, 11:56 PM

Dec 2022
love it love it yep it's beautiful felt great to do it all one more time. only complaint is, wish it was twice as long lol. wish the horror elements and suspense would have been dragged out longer, and wish the fashion show was a proper Dior or Saint Laurent style on-location show with a proper theme and everything buuuut yep it was still great!
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.