Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2011 12:56 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have no idea how I stood out 49 episodes of the same thing and came out with a non-pleasing ending. Well actually, the songs grew on me near the end, but still, it was pretty bad compared to the first episode... like there was no fighting.

I was however really pleased with Veffidas and the Flower Girl, definitely the best characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2011 1:03 PM

Mar 2010
horrible series
Aug 24, 2011 2:03 PM

May 2008
I think what Gepelnitch meant at the end was like "Let's go and make our band, Gabil" or something~
I can't believe my whole summer went by watching this series, lots of lots of downhills and only a few uphills.
Only two things were worthy in this episode: firsly Miria and Max fighting together and still kick ass and that the Flower girl was finally able to give his bouquet to Basara~ The whole "lets sing together and save the galaxy" thing was too overhyped and lame >_>
I guess I'll go with a 5/10 at best~
Dec 9, 2011 6:21 PM

Feb 2010
I liked this series quite a bit found it to be different in a way with all the singing. This episode was a bit bad though kinda shitty ending, but overall I enjoyed the series.
Sheepshaman.png
May 17, 2012 11:45 AM

May 2010
OMG FLOWER GIRL DID IT!!!! But then Basara just threw the flower away iin the cockpit.

The songs were good, I like the tsundere but not enough honesty - shy moments. Overall 5/10

Some very stupid ideas though, I mean singing to convince a mountain to move?

Also THAT WAS NOT AN ENDING. No kiss? No end to love triangle? Cmon, so many unanswered questions.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 4, 2013 5:24 AM

Aug 2008
haha ths show man was bad but loved it anyway go Macross few songs but good ones.
Nov 3, 2013 6:44 PM

Apr 2012
Miria and Max action was indeed very nice, even if anecdotical. Couldn't help but smile at Guvava and his little space suit (reused from 2-3 episodes ago), he's always such a detailed character.

Have no complain about the ending really, seemed like the logical conclusion: they all sing together, the day is saved. I really liked when Sybil started singing. Geperunti's singing voice was quite bad in comparison.

Overall the first half of the series was this perfect musical mecha SOL for me, while the second half on Rax felt less consistent, dragged and too conventional. Both halves had great designs, an interesting color scale, lots of side characters. A good experience for me.
Dec 1, 2013 9:24 AM

Feb 2011
This show needs an abridged parody so bad.
Aug 29, 2014 2:38 PM
Oct 2013
This series could have been finished in 24 episodes, 49 is too long, this is making series really look lame and uninteresting.
Still It get better between 20-40 episodes. For that i will give a little boost; i was thinking to give 6 but now i will give 7.
Also i am grateful that they did not kill half of the cast.
Oct 4, 2014 2:18 AM

Apr 2013
Wow that was ........ bad. 49 episodes of hearing "listen to my!"or "spiritia", watching what felt like the characters doing the same thing for 5 to 10 episodes straight the length was ridiculous could have been half as long and still covered all that happened. Songs touch peoples hearts? Fin but make shields? No, the level of ridiculous in this series even if you turn your brain off is still to high and while the songs were okay all were over played.
Aqua_ElevenOct 4, 2014 2:22 AM
Dec 27, 2014 7:15 PM

Jan 2014
Gepelnitch had an orgasm. 49 episodes for this. War is over. And people still don't know why the conflict on Gaza goes on and on and on. Get some laid, bitchs!
Apr 6, 2016 7:04 PM

Feb 2013
Guh..... finally this retarded snoozefest is on my completed list. Macross was always a bit silly with it's "music conquers war!" approach but this show just missed the point the original went for with it's silly light shows, repetitive plot structure and awful main character.
Sep 23, 2017 8:38 PM

Jan 2011
I agree that it could have been shorter. Especially the first 20 episodes or so was mostly the same. Gigil folding in, attacking, disappearing. They also reused the same scenes (e.g. the launch sequence) all the time. No need to see it the 20th time.

Not to mention how useless the regular fighters were anyways, any senible commander (looking at you, Maximilian Jenius) would no longer have launched them after the first couple of time, unless things changed in some way.

The use of music however was for me a logical or at least believable evolution from the original Macross, and probably a good way to set up the use in the newer series.

I think some of the issues also stem from the fact that it's 20+ years old now. Things simply were done different back then. In another 20 years, we'll probably look at a lot of todays anime and say "what the hell where they thinking?"

In some ways, it had less cliché and tropes then modern anime, or maybe simply different ones, so overall it is okay.
Feb 11, 2018 1:34 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Predictable end!!!
Basara returns and with his song did happy all the universe, even Protodevil, that understood that the sings is the soul of the universe!!!
Well, Sivil said Bye-bye Basara...negative point because i wait for end happiest this strange romance!!
Oct 29, 2018 7:19 PM
Jul 2011
Finally flower girl, after 48 episodes!
Feb 24, 2019 8:28 PM

Apr 2009
This show is torture.
Horrible show.
3/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2020 8:50 PM

Aug 2015
Make music, not war! Macross 7's Bizarre Adventure

So, Gepelnitch leaves the galaxy and takes the guy he' possessing with him, I guess happy ending for everyone except that guy lol

good character development, in the way Max and Miria let Mylene transition into becoming more of an 'adult' by following Fire Bomber into danger, as well as become closer together. Nekki Basara is a pretty consistently selfish asshole throughout though.

The theme of communication is paramount, as the effort Basara put into forging communication with Sivil is what saves him and the galaxy at the end. This really makes Macross more palatable to me, the strong message for peace over violence.

Episodes dealing with entertainment industry sleaze like #MeToo offenders and tabloid newspaper reporters complement the "band story" aspect of Macross 7's narrative

A fair amount of utter cheese, like "song energy" as a quantifiable force; some inconsistencies- in one episode the fleet commanders insist on an all out attack and then complain an all out attack is suicide in the next episode (42 and 43, iirc). Why Basara would be allowed on a mission to destroy the enemy homeworld is kinda questionable, as is the fact that no one actually questions the ethics of destroying the enemy homeworld, as would be the case with Star Trek TNG.

There's a lot of filler in each episode, and some episodes feel like filler even at the end (Gamelin's Revolt). Too many episodes follow a predictable story structure that ends with mecha action. On the other hand, the macho angle of the story in which rocker Basara melts the hearts of militant girls is pretty amusing and enjoyable.
Jun 8, 2020 8:42 PM

Aug 2016
Before watching this series i knew beforehand the bad critics it had recieved. If you manage to survive the first episodes and the spamming of Planet Dance, it improves a little bit more when Sound Force is created. They introduced OP enemies like 3 chapters before the ending and i didnt like that. About the finale, it was somewhat predictable, Macross series normally dont answer the love triangle decision and respond it in the movie version...

Highlights of the series are any scenes where Max and Millia are involved.

Like in all Macross series i liked the songs a lot (including Planet Dance spam) hearing a more rock-style is pretty cool.

Gonna score it with a 7 only because im a Macross saga fan
Antoniobgr11Jun 8, 2020 8:47 PM
Aug 8, 2020 7:34 AM

Aug 2017
I was rooting for Flower Girl the whole time, finally she managed to hand that bouquet to Basara lmao

Macross 7 had many downsides, of course, but it was not terrible. 6/10 I grew to like most of the songs
Oct 22, 2020 11:14 PM

Jan 2010
The entire series could have been solved if Basara had a chance to teach the Protodeviln how to sing. This could have all been avoided. This is the equivalent of a race of vampires needing blood to survive, but then they realize their bodies can make blood by itself by singing, so then we'd have a race of musical vampires.

Geperuniti's whole goal was to find an infinite source of Spiritia, but the Protodevilns never tried singing to see if they could just make it themselves? Also, Geperuniti's final form was a black hole that would drain the entire galaxy of its Spiritia, but upon losing control of his own form, it would....create a black hole that would drain the entire galaxy of its Spiritia? Wasn't that the point of transforming in the first place? Also, if Geperuniti was so distraught about destroying the galaxy or whatever, why was he actively preventing Basara and friends from stopping him?

Flower girl finally gave that bouquet to Basara, and, in that moment, he quickly tosses it aside and picks up his guitar. That's 49 episodes of building up to a throwaway gag.

Well, whatever. The soundtrack for Macross 7 is stellar, the art and animation is great, and the overall dedication to using music over weapons to end wars, so I'll leave it at that.
Apr 5, 2022 2:30 PM

Sep 2016
Throughout the entire 48-episode run I was giddily looking forward to the final episode and to whether or not they would be playing Planet Dance in it. Because judging on all that happened soundtrack-wise in all of the prior episodes I wasn't quite sure.

And lo and behold - they actually did. They played Planet Dance in the final episode. Hallelujah, mystery solved, 10/10, no more wasting love.
May 8, 2022 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
Definitely has some areas where it could be improved, but was by and large great. Been watching the Macross series chronologically and the competition isn't even close, 7 is the best so far.
FIRE! 9/10
Aug 31, 2022 9:40 AM

May 2014
macross 7 is exactly what I imagined a cool space anime might be like when I was a kid and it completely delivered. incredibly fun and pretty silly. I am a huge sucker for the bill and ted style "save the world with rock music" trope as naive and goofy as it is. the visuals and character designs are so colorful and fun. I liked this a lot more than the first macross anime
Aug 27, 2023 4:54 PM

Mar 2013
A lot to unpack in this episode.
First of all, I'm so damn happy that Flower Girl finally got to deliver her flowers to Basara
Second, I'm not particularly certain if Max and Miria made up, but I'm happy that they got to fight together against the Twin ProtoDevilin.
Third, I'm very glad that Gamlin admitted his jealousy towards Basara at the end.
I low key thought that Veffidas was going to sing or have her own solo at the end to create Sound Waves of her own.
Ray never explained to me what his dream with Basara was. I can only assume that it was to form a band? Not sure.
Lesson learned, teach Inter-Galactic Cosmic Demon Vampires to sing and save the galaxy.
Macross 7 is a solid 7. Truly needed to cook a bit and eventually picked up 12 or so episodes in. Totsugeki Love Heart is going up there in my favorite OST's for this franchise.
One last thing, wtf was young Basara on trying to move a mountain by singing lmfao.
Nov 30, 2023 3:48 PM
Sep 2016
Macross 7 is not a great series, but it has Macross charm. Ultimately, this show could not sustain 4 cours. There needed to be more stuff happening and not just the same stuff happening every episode. Flower girl was great. Zentraedi drummer was great. It was good to see Max and Milia again. But Basara is kind of a twit. I don't really like him. And Mylene is stupid for not being able to choose between him and Gamlin. But she is just 14 after all, which is an odd choice.

Anyway, 6/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross 7 Episode 44 Discussion

WolfWood37 - Feb 24, 2010

9 by TrevRockOne »»
Nov 30, 2023 9:25 AM

Poll: » Macross 7 Episode 13 Discussion

Rostran_Targo - Nov 27, 2010

10 by TrevRockOne »»
Nov 16, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » Macross 7 Episode 47 Discussion

sayami - Aug 24, 2011

9 by Punkero »»
Apr 3, 2022 6:46 AM

Poll: » Macross 7 Episode 15 Discussion

WW-niisan - Dec 7, 2010

11 by catfay »»
Mar 26, 2022 11:38 PM

Poll: » Macross 7 Episode 32 Discussion

Buzbey - Aug 28, 2014

4 by Punkero »»
Mar 21, 2022 7:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.