Forum Settings
Forums

What is the least importan aspect of an anime?

New
May 11, 9:38 AM

Mar 2023
The least importan aspect for me is the music. A show can have very shity music and still be enjoyable to me and i think that most anime OST is generic anyway.
May 11, 9:40 AM

Feb 2020
Depends on the show, but maybe voice acting. For me, the story, characters, animation, and OST are more important.

And I'm talking about the main aspects, not some random background characters, hair styles, etc.

SerafosMay 11, 10:16 AM
May 11, 9:44 AM

May 2019
The least important aspect of anime is background character designs.

May 11, 9:45 AM

Jun 2010
For me, it will be the presentation like the outfit and hair style. Characters can be wearing the same clothing and having the same hair style throughout the entire series is fine with me.
May 11, 9:53 AM

Sep 2016
Least important is everything I don't care about.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 11, 10:36 AM

Sep 2018
I guess it's the animation during the action scenes, since they usually amount to less than 10% of an episode even in action-packed anime (Japanese limited animation exists because the bulk of an episode is made of characters standing still and talking, after all). If the remaining 90% is boring and/or ugly, a well animated 10% won't matter.

I could have said voice acting, but its impact might be not so obvious. I mean that a character's likability might depend on voice acting more than it seems, even if just subconsciously.

Spunkert said:
most anime OST is generic anyway.

That's exactly why the few OSTs that stand out can make a big difference for me.
May 11, 11:04 AM

Feb 2024
Manga it's based on. I don't care about source material if the outcome is great.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 11, 11:16 AM

Sep 2018
Least important aspect is easily diversity and representation.
May 11, 11:16 AM

Apr 2024
That's a pretty difficult one to answer, it's all important to me. I guess faithfulness to the source material. I can enjoy an anime separate of their manga and vice versa.
May 11, 11:37 AM

May 2021
it’s between character design, art-style, and OST—probably character design most of all though

all are still important but if one was lacking I could still find a show to be top tier based on how the characters are written, the story, the pacing, and the voice acting
May 11, 11:37 AM

Oct 2013
Probably fanservice. I enjoy it, but I don't need it...mostly. No wait...cutesy characters is a better answer. I don't need characters to be obnoxiously cute to enjoy something.
May 11, 12:01 PM

Oct 2017
For me it would have to be the studio, as the director and staff are much more important and even "bad" studios may have some great directors that can save some shows
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
May 11, 12:09 PM

Aug 2018
I love anime openings and endings, but they are probably the least important in the overall scheme of things.
May 11, 12:14 PM

Sep 2007
Reply to FanofAction
Probably fanservice. I enjoy it, but I don't need it...mostly. No wait...cutesy characters is a better answer. I don't need characters to be obnoxiously cute to enjoy something.
FanofAction said:

^Most likely this as everything else is like equally important aspect TBH.
May 11, 12:19 PM
Jun 2023
I think have blonde haired characters is the least important. Like I get that they are edgy and stuff but like come on... its stupid af. just give me a brunette with some nice round melons and let me sit back and jork it... it isn't that deep
May 11, 12:20 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Bboss0720
I think have blonde haired characters is the least important. Like I get that they are edgy and stuff but like come on... its stupid af. just give me a brunette with some nice round melons and let me sit back and jork it... it isn't that deep
@Bboss0720 NOW this is a great take.
May 11, 12:22 PM

Jun 2016
music, except if it is a musical anime ofc
May 13, 7:30 AM

Jul 2017
Anime openings and endings if they aren't really used or integrated into the story of the show. It's nice to have and it helps with building a playlist, and can even show off animation very well to build a lot of hype but I don't think they are that important to me when looking at whether a show is really good or not. If a show has a great opening and the actual anime is very boring, I don't really give bonus points for the opening that don't add much to the actual anime itself. When it comes to OSTs though present in the actual episode, that does matter to me a lot more. I don't need every good anime to have an elite soundtrack but it should be immersive enough with the kind of show it is used for and compliment it well to not be a distraction.
May 13, 7:37 AM

Oct 2018
The least obviously is the story, if an anime has good animation and good music, it's an instant 8/10+
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
May 13, 7:59 AM

Jan 2009
voice acting for me since even the most shitty voices (as per complain by fans) is still good enough for me like i even watch dubs as long as its available first
May 13, 8:12 AM

Aug 2020
Characters generally speaking. Even the ones that tick me off the most like Frieren characters and the Zenitsu-Inosuke combo everything else about those two shows simply prevent me from hating them as well as enabling me to complete them still.

Another one's the music as long as it isn't the generic vocals especially the moany ones (mostly with modern anime).
May 13, 8:49 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Opening and Ending, because I skip them anyway :)

But representation is still the most unimportant one tho~

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 13, 9:30 AM

Apr 2012
You can come up with any number of totally important aspects. Like the total number of blue pixels.
May 13, 9:53 AM

Jul 2013
Anime is just another low-quality, mass-produced junk of industrial civilization. Sold for profit just fyi.

More topics from this board

» Hardest Working AnimeCharacters In The History Of Manga .... BUT .....

Searching4Pawgs - 9 hours ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
45 seconds ago

Poll: » A question, what is worse when it comes to a bad anime

Dillq24 - Yesterday

22 by Jackof-allspades »»
4 minutes ago

» How much anime do you watch till its considered alot?

adosimp - 11 hours ago

17 by ColourWheel »»
5 minutes ago

» Blackmail netorare hentais are really dumb

Kingdom-ya - Apr 15

20 by Rainme »»
12 minutes ago

» Why are The Mysterious Play, Colour Cloud Palace and Raven of the Inner Palace not as popular as The Apothecary Diaries ?

KingSunWukong - Mar 25

21 by JaniSIr »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.